•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (23 February 2020 - 12:42 AM) Welcome to the forums, AliceVon! :welcome: View AliceVon's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (20 February 2020 - 09:35 PM) so you accept your fate then
@  Yoshi1176 : (20 February 2020 - 04:21 PM) The truth is I was a bot from the start
@  343iBot : (20 February 2020 - 11:15 AM) Welcome to the forums, axahuviu! :welcome: View axahuviu's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 February 2020 - 11:18 PM) Welcome to the forums, leredukrions! :welcome: View leredukrions's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 February 2020 - 01:29 AM) Welcome to the forums, jackmede! :welcome: View jackmede's Profile
@  343iBot : (18 February 2020 - 03:26 AM) Welcome to the forums, ThomasAlelo! :welcome: View ThomasAlelo's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (17 February 2020 - 07:39 PM) too late Bnuts, it ain't Bnuts Day anymoe
@  Halo6 Follower : (16 February 2020 - 10:52 PM) <3
@  Buns : (16 February 2020 - 09:58 PM) Happy Banentines Day
@  343iBot : (16 February 2020 - 01:28 AM) Welcome to the forums, LonnyTeeni! :welcome: View LonnyTeeni's Profile
@  343iBot : (14 February 2020 - 03:25 AM) Welcome to the forums, MichaelDew! :welcome: View MichaelDew's Profile
@  Sikslik7 : (13 February 2020 - 05:39 PM) You are now banned
@  Yoshi1176 : (13 February 2020 - 05:08 PM) I am now moderator
@  Fishy : (13 February 2020 - 04:51 PM) My favorite
@  Fishy : (13 February 2020 - 04:51 PM) Ah yes, a bot that posted pron
@  343iBot : (13 February 2020 - 03:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, WandaCER! :welcome: View WandaCER's Profile
@  343iBot : (13 February 2020 - 01:57 PM) Welcome to the forums, BastienW! :welcome: View BastienW's Profile
@  343iBot : (11 February 2020 - 11:57 PM) Welcome to the forums, DulliesBug! :welcome: View DulliesBug's Profile
@  343iBot : (11 February 2020 - 06:49 PM) Welcome to the forums, KarlisSof! :welcome: View KarlisSof's Profile

Photo

The Force Will Be With You (Even if I won't)

BZ1 Retiring Im gonna miss you ;-;

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 BeckoningZebra1

BeckoningZebra1

The Negotiator

• Legendary Members
  • 1,807 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:BeckoningZebra1
  • LocationNorth Carolina
10       2                                    

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

POPULAR

When I first joined the Halo community and signed up here at 343i.org, I did so with no thoughts of a lasting membership. I was looking for short-term help in operating Halo: Reach's File Share, but I ended up staying longer than I ever expected. Honestly, I fell in love with the community here and determined in myself that I would do my best to give back to the Community I had come to enjoy so thoroughly. 

Eventually I was offered a position on the staff as a Newsgroup writer- a position I was far from familiar with, having only posted a few articles prior to joining the team alongside Adam91 and Cooliest. While I didn't particularly enjoy the brutal task of searching for the latest news and typing it up, I did enjoy being part of what keeps the community active and closely knit. 

As the summer of 2014 rolled in, I knew that I would be partaking in a variety of endeavors that would keep me away from the gaming community and my laptop for a good chunk of the summer. I didn't want to occupy a staff postion that I wouldn't utilize and was instead moved to Communications to run the Community's Twitter. 

Upon returning I was offered the chance to join the ranks of one of the most demanding positions in the community; one requiring mature discernment and responsibility. I accepted and in August of 2014 I became a Community Moderator. 

I do so enjoy being a part of this community. I've had the opportunity to work on incredible projects with some of the most prominent members of this site, and I've been befriended by so very many of you. I've never experienced a community that has what this Forum has in terms of leadership, all the way down to new members that are already doing things to help the community. 

To receiving my first friendly PM from Victory Element,
To spending hours chatting with Azaxx, 
To laughing with AD and Spades on Friday night,
To running for President alongside Mayh3m (Tony Stark; SilverCenturion; whatever he's calling himself this week) and then later winning it alongisde Vitamin PWN,
To that trading card game we set out to work on when Bnus first joined, (Even though I kept forgetting to check the skype chat :T)
To that 2014 Fresh Start that would've never happened had Osi not been persistent in getting my attention,
To the listening of Sparky's bedtime story (and the losing of its bookform and the burningdown of the house D:)
To the laughing with Cooliest as Osi shot the rocket launcher in fornt of the wharthog, (That was the best campaign run ever.)
To the tutilage of Halo and Moderating under Mayh3m, (Even though I showed you a thing or two when we took it to Madden ;D)
To the PM subfolders that never were, (Red.wai ;-;)
To the Truth or Dare game that left me sore from laughter,
To the many time I managed to give Red a mini-stroke, (I'm so glad you survived)
To Austin, and his love of beanies (and Taylor Swift)
To Zelda and Hippie for putting up with my jokes,
To Halo5Follower's friendship and cat,
To debating Dircector, losing, and trying again anyways,
To Danny's good luck  that never was,
To each and everyone of the members that made coming here everyday special,

Thank You.

I have so many memories with so many of you, but I only have so much time to dedicate. I love being a member of this Forum- that will never change.

I write all of this to say, my life is changing. I've moved once in the past few months, and will be moving again within the coming months. I'm nearing the end of high school and preparing for college. I will be facing a lot of firsts, but no matter how much my life changes, one thing will remain the same- I love this Forum. 

I'll always remember the members here. Thanks for the memories.
-BZ1 

SIG17c699.png

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something.

The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will do."

#2 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,039 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:LL Kool D
6       2       2                        

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:33 PM

Hey BZ we've been good friends on here for a while. I'm gonna miss you buddy. On to better things for you now though :thumbup:

"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#3 VinWarrior

VinWarrior

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,494 posts
Heroic
7          2                              

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

prior to joining the team alongside Adam91 and Cooliest.

:C

I was here too y'know.

But I hope to see ya soon mate, we had some good times. Gonna miss ya.

Posted Image

#4 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:43 PM

The Shroud of the Dark side has fallen.....

Begun Bz1s resignation has. :D

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#5 rrhuntington

rrhuntington

Schpy

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,147 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:EVOL SPARTAN ll
  • LocationOn the Ark. Still awaiting EVAC ya' know?

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:45 PM

This is the first time that I've been here when this is happening. This is disheartening.

BZ you were one of my first friends on here, and I was always happy to see you on here whenever I signed in. I always enjoyed taking part in your weekly polls and they always sparked good topics of discussion. I know you've given so much to this site, and your words are bitter/sweet to read. I wish you luck in your future endeavors, wherever they may take you. I will truly miss... our Obi-Wan.

You're like a car crash in slow motion. It's like, I'm watchin' you fly through a windshield.

You'll Feel a Searing Pain for 21 Deaths

tumblr_o5ugz56RXu1u6023bo9_500.gif

#6 UNSC Spartan-II

UNSC Spartan-II

Spartan-II

• News Group
  • 1,745 posts
Heroic
         2    7    17             3               

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:13 PM

BZ, you were one the first members to assist and welcome me after joining the community. The day you became a Community Moderator, I knew that justice was being served. You were always there to provide help when needed, and have been a great friend to all of us. You made this forum a friendly place to be when I had first joined, and you continued to bring in positive energy every day I had signed in since then. Not only are you a great friend to us all, but a great support to the forum overall, carrying out your job professionally. Always making a huge impact on this forum when staff, and when not staff.

"Never say goodbye. If you don't say 'goodbye', then you aren't really gone. You...just aren't here right now."  - Carolina

I need to know, will you be back?

And thank you for the memories:

p33Np.jpg

Edit: Image was from one of Drizzy's older WNWs, thanks Drizzy. ;)

Edited by RIP Monty Oum, 12 March 2015 - 04:19 PM.

BStdT3J.jpg

#7 Melody

Melody

Celery Stick Crusade Champion

• Dedicated Members
  • 708 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:iCuddleU
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

I wish you the absolute best in whatever you choose. Remember the forum is family, don't forget to come back and see us sometimes! It was a pleasure to meet you, I'm sure whatever you do with your life will be special, so enjoy it and become the best person you can. 

~I wish you the best BZ! Until next time, See ya! :hugz:

NiftyDecentAstrangiacoral.gif

#8 Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime

Stormedge 01

• Dedicated Members
  • 647 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Axilus Prime
  • LocationSaipan

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

I never knew you that well, but your contributions to this site are plain as day. You'll be missed, Zebra.

Just make sure that your apprentice doesn't turn evil, slaughter children, and become a dark overlord working for an even more evil dark overlord.

Posted Image
Credit to Jack of Harts for the sig.

#9 Helix Amell

Helix Amell

Prophet of Regret

• Banned
  • 153 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationUk

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

I'm glad that things are going well for you BZ1, as the old saying goes 'in with the old and out with the new' I hope that someone will continue to contain that loving and caring nature for this community throughout and that many will aspire from you as you did.

#10 Halo6 Follower

Halo6 Follower

The Forum Follower

• Community Moderators
  • 726 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BatedSuperior5
  • Location'Straya!
            10             2    2      

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:42 PM

Well. 

This wasn't what i wanted to see when I woke up. 

I really want to thank you for our great friendship Zebra, and wish you all the best for future. If you ever need any assistance we will always be here waiting for you.

May the Force be with you, always.

All the best,

H5F.

Edit: Keko says hi too, and wishes you well for the future.  

Posted Image

The Purple shall stay. Thanks to JXZAW for putting up with my cat placement!

#11 Pbrabbit

Pbrabbit

The Pbrabbit

• Dedicated Members
  • 524 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:The Pbrabbit
  • LocationUSA
   3    2    2            

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

Thank you BZ1. Thank you for all your work here. :)

73qtZJN.gif

#12 Zelda

Zelda

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 603 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:ii Zelda
  • LocationHeber Springs, Arkansas

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:32 PM

Awe Zebra, I am so sorry to see you go. But as always, life does tend to take us to new directions. I wish you the best of luck at your graduations and the beginning of a new chapter. I do hope to see you on here from time to time. And maybe sometime we will crash into one another again. 

With much luck to you, :heart: Zelda

#13 Is not JL

Is not JL

I got banned from XBL for saying my dad works at Microsoft :<

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,511 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:JL1223 X
4    2    9    2            

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

bye have a great time

and join the lobbies when we host; not like you're actually gonna stop drop and not play Halo forever.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%2022.24.

#14 Hippie

Hippie

Elite

• Trusted Members
  • 87 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:The Bad Hippie
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

Well BZ always remember I'll always be here or on Xbox for more jokes. So wherever you are or whatever your doing and have a joke let me hear it. 

HippieSig_zps629ad4be.png

#15 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,124 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:AAN2
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:55 PM

More bans for me then. Have fun not being a Mod lol

Be sure to relax enough for the rest of us.

Posted Image

Don't forget to like people's posts.

Posted Image

#16 Unease Peanut

Unease Peanut

Nuts

• Legendary Members
  • 2,448 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Unease Peanut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me
5       11             5                        

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:26 AM

272.gif

What if I don't allow you? ;)

But in all seriousness, I understand why you're leaving/retiring. Life can be pretty busy.

good luck with all you have left to do. Make sure to come back every once in a while!

Toedels!  :wave:

Posted Image

"Demons run when a good man goes to war"

#17 joshyzburton

joshyzburton

Brute Chieftain

• Members
  • 72 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:joshyzburton
  • LocationThe Milky Way

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:27 AM

I barely knew you, but that doesn't stop me from being sad that you're leaving-or when anyone leaves for that matter.

#18 Filch_Is_A_Hax0r

Filch_Is_A_Hax0r

Cortana

• Trusted Members
  • 355 posts
Trusted
  • LocationEngland
      4    2         

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

I've just come back today and read this, sorry about this reply being so late as I count you as being one of my best friends on the forum, we both have Star Wars nerdiness in common. We both love Halo and above all else you were always here for me when I needed help on this forum and you supported the few minor things that I did do for this community. All I can say really is that you were and still are a great member and you will always be remembered on this forum as a true legend and I wish you good luck in your future endeavours, hoping you'll return soon.

-Halo5willbecool :(

#19 Caulifla

Caulifla

Master Chief

• Trusted Members
  • 411 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Bekinator
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

I won't let darkness to take over our precious forums!

I'm still Berriesboo/Maggie. (Incase if you didn't know i changed my name. :)

bfc26ba2b073d8a39611b63470d707ae3bd703c8

#20 Fox McCloud

Fox McCloud

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 475 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Yur Teamate
  • LocationIn intense aerial combat

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:42 PM

The rebels will be lost without you, BZ. We have talked occasionally, over my time here. You will be sorely missed, friend. May you live life to it's fullest potential.

xs4LY.png

"Fox do a barrel roll!"
Like this, if you like Starfox. :3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BZ1, Retiring, Im, gonna, miss, you, ;-;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users