Halo 5 will not have Armor Abilities

Well, I want Halo to continue moving forward. I myself liked the armor abilities and thought they were fun to use like the Jet pack for example. So I am a bit sad to see them go, who knows it might play better without them but I like the changes that were made in the sense of armor abilities.

• Like 1

I'm honestly glad to see them go. They could be useful and fun, but most of the time I found them annoying.

Wonder what we will be able to do now. Maybe holding A will allow for larger jumps or something.

Edited by WonderWombat

This could go one of two ways, and only one way would make me still believe 343i are a bunch of smart people.

One way is that we're back to Equipment, which was a godawful system in my own opinion and the opinion of others, or abandon abilities all together.

Or the other is class geared abilities, like Elite Abilities and Spartan Abilities, which would be a cool new feature.

You're back in my good graces 343i, don't screw it up!

• Like 1

Spartan abilities sound interesting, I can't help but think this will be armor abilities with a different name and purpose. I think the most likely scenario is that spartan abilities will have to do with movement, like diving into other Spartans perhaps? (Something similar happened in the trailer)

This is big news, great find Adam!

I didn't mind AA's that much (Except for Armour Lock >.>)

But please let us keep sprint and don't make the 'Spartan abilities' simple things that every spartan should be able to do but can't now because you have to choose between features like dual wield or boarding.

I'm going to laugh if they make it movement related but you still can't go underwater.

I wanna see a Halo where you can go underwater without "drowning" in a suit that was designed to allow operation in vacuum ._.

As for the AAs... I'm gonna miss em :(

People can complain about them all they like, but a some of em were rather useful when used appropriately ._.

I wanna see a Halo where you can go underwater without "drowning" in a suit that was designed to allow operation in vacuum ._.

They do this because of water pressure. Now if they go a certain depth that would mean death that sounds good enough for me. But touching the water is annoying, that much I can agree on.

I've played every Halo since the first, and I have to say I'm disappointed in the removal of armor abilities across all of multiplayer. It was a fresh breath for Halo.

Just because the basement dwelling no life MLG Pro generals didn't like the idea that Reach and 4 became just a little bit easier for casuals with a life and who don't live in their mom's basement, and thus waste their lives "getting good" and "being pro", they trash on it. At least Reach and 4 weren't Halo's usual power weapon struggles.

After getting the armors I wanted, I never went back to Halo 3's online matchmaking. It became a lag switch, grenade lobbing, power weapon hogging, circle jerk of the no life teabaggin Generals and squeakers vs the casuals. It was mostly a rehash of Halo 2, nothing else.

"Halo 4 was just like Call of Duty"

No it wasn't.If it was, I must have missed the my C-4, Aiming down sights, claymore, AC-130, nukes, predator missiles, attachments, going prone and rehashed graphics in 4 and Reach.

Having power armor but not be able to run or do anything special with that armor was stupid, especially considering each armor served a purpose it wasn't fulfilling. They may as well have made us play as marines or ODSTs. That would make more sense. Forcing people to start with a weapon that they couldn't use very well wasn't fair at all and made the game unfair . Some people don't have the time to "get good" because of jobs.

• Like 1

Halo was constantly evolving towards armor abilities and now that we had them people whined and complained. Now that they are gone the same people will end up whining and complaining about them not being around anymore, as well as complaining about the "new" Spartan Abilities.

Wonderful. *sarcasm*

So... Crysis 3 anyone?

Nope. This is Halo 5 we're talking about buddy Crysis 3 is a different game :troll:

Your joke ain't going to work because well frankly o connor. The joke just won't work with our limited knowledge of SA's or what abilities SA's will provide. 

Not to mention you posted this joke twice.