ActThree

So, in the headline on halo waypoint, there was the news of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. One of those bits of news was that in the limited edition would give a download for an Assault Rifle weapon skin.

So, i think, that its not weapon camo like in CoD. But, in reality just different ways for your guns to look. The same gun. Just looking differnt. I.E. classic BR skin? And even with different color skins, like in gears 3, would make the game even more personal so to say. The "my Spartan and my weapon" meantality.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Im all for giving the player the OPTION of completely personalizing their own spartan to their taste. If someone didn't want a skin it would be their choice to not use it but for people who like that kind of thing, by all means give more customaziation. Just don't make them extremely loud like tyedye. Bleh.

The only real caution I'd have towards this is that it might make weapons harder to recognise at a lance. If I look at someone now, I can tell immediately what weapon they have, which increases my chances of winning the fight as I know how to react to them (get in close if they have a DMR, back up if they have a Shotgun, start wondering where I'm going to spawn if they have a Fuel Rod Gun). However, if there are a lot of weapon skins it becomes harder to tell what weapon they're using, making battles unfair as I can't use the correct tactics through no fault of my own.

That said, provided the weapon silhouettes are varied - and immediately discernible from any range regardless of colour scheme - this wouldn't be such a problem.

The only real caution I'd have towards this is that it might make weapons harder to recognise at a lance. If I look at someone now, I can tell immediately what weapon they have, which increases my chances of winning the fight as I know how to react to them (get in close if they have a DMR, back up if they have a Shotgun, start wondering where I'm going to spawn if they have a Fuel Rod Gun). However, if there are a lot of weapon skins it becomes harder to tell what weapon they're using, making battles unfair as I can't use the correct tactics through no fault of my own.

I would have to say this makes since, i do this as well

• Like 1

What if the skins or look would be seperate from the color? A new design and a chooseable secondary color?

Just because its a different look for an AR doesnt neccessarily mean its not recognizable right? And my thought on colors just seems like a cool thought? Like a BR or DMR with a red etching on it?

As long as they have a different model not a different texture, It would be awesome to get the AR look from reach, halo 1 (the 10 year old model) and the make one that looks like the covenant added on to one to update it or one that looks like it came from the new mombasa swat team all black and says NMPD or SWAT on the side.

​Nothing is wrong with adding weapon camouflages to the guns on Halo 4 as long as the camouflages aren't based off of Call of Duty's camouflages. I just think plain colors and patters would work just fine.

I would like colours but not all over the gun. Leave some spots the original colour like in gow3. But overall I hope the special camo is a legendary camo (with the legendary icon on it)