SMITEM1

Source?

Because your actually wrong, 343 has been around for awhile and is not "Made up of people who came to 343 because they love Halo"

Just stop and think for a moment why your statement makes no sense. Then realize that 343's sole purpose is to make Halo games. Then if you need to look at their staff list, all ex-employees of some game studio. Finally if you can't understand that the employees wanted to be part of Halo I can show you a video that has them saying they wanted to be a part of Halo.

You are half right. It's been around for five years (when Bungie broke from Microsoft after Halo 3). You are wrong about it not being made up of people who came to 343i because they love Halo though. 343i's original purpose was to oversee the development of the Halo franchise in case Bungie would not agree to do more Halo games. However, Bungie agreed to do Halo 3 ODST and Halo Reach. So, 343i was put in charge of other things related to Halo, such as Halo Waypoint, Halo Legends, and a couple of novels.

After Bungie handed control of Halo over to 343i, some Bungie staff members who "still had their hearts in the game" left Bungie and came to work for 343i.

You don't join a gaming company that is working on a game that has a cult following like Halo unless you love that game.

I swear they've been around longer, oh well, guess i was wrong-ish..

(I was still half-right!!)

Personal opinion, I liked all of the Halo games and I see Halo 4 as the rebirth of Halo, sure I may have played other games before Halo but I still like Halo it's enjoyable, fun, thinking out of the box unlike other games, and Halo 4 so far from what I see and hear is looking like the new face of Halo while keeping most of the old Halo trilogy going

Halo 4 will be its on entity. It is taking aspects form the previous games that worked well. It is also developing aspects of its own. It is the start of a new trilogy so 343i is trying to make it its own series.

As far as the armor goes, the 38 helmets revealed at PAX were confirmed by BS Angel at Waypoint to be the final build of the armory. The 38 helmets in the PAX build included the Console armor, LE armor, pre order items, and War Games helemts. So obviously if you dont own all of those you wont have all 38 of the helemts from the PAX build. But some look pretty good, while others do not...they will please some while not others. Comes with the territory.

concerned about halo 4, why don't you just buy Black Ops 2? Cause that definitely isn't a basic stupid shooter game, right?You have to realize, in today's world where FPS's are so generic

black ops 2 is stupid, because the weapons are a take off of crysis 2's weapons

its taking ideas from halo and Crysis

concerned about halo 4, why don't you just buy Black Ops 2? Cause that definitely isn't a basic stupid shooter game, right?You have to realize, in today's world where FPS's are so generic

You dont need to hate on other games. True, i love Halo more then any other game, HOWEVER, the reason most FPS's these days go down the same path is due to money and demand

I can agree, I hate basic shooters. I'm sure I will like Halo 4, just nervous over how different the story is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About the Elite thing, this trilogy (The reclaimer trilogy) is about the UNSC mainly hense the word reclaimer meaning human. They wanna focus on the growth of humanity after the Human-Covenant war. Also about fighting them they are a group (a pretty big one at that) that still follow the way of the prophets. They're called The Storm (storm rifle, storm jackal , ect.)

I can kind of understand why a certain amount of players think this may be the ruination of Halo, but I think it's important to take a step back and reflect on the situation before judging. After doing so, I for one see that Halo: Reach got a lot of flak from Halo 3 fans for being too different. I must agree that there were a lot of changes, but I just went with the flow and ended up really enjoying myself. Now we are contemplating a company that isn't Bungie making a Halo game. However, as others have mentioned, 343 industries holds a lot of the Bungie-esque spirit to them, thanks to the presence of certain ex-Bungie employees. I am sad to see Bungie go, but I'm interested in seeing what 343 industries can do. Although I'm not thrilled about all the additions to Halo 4, I won't judge the game too harshly until I've gotten a chance to play. So... that's my opinion. Lol :)

No matter how 'true' of a fan you are, not everybody is going to be happy, and that's the end of it. Some don't like the direction that 343i is taking Halo into, and if you feel that they're 'ruining' the franchise, well, they're not forcing you to buy the game. If these people don't want to play Halo anymore, so be it. However, I feel that some of these people should really give Halo 4 a try, as many of them would probably be pleasantly surprised. I, personally, love how the new Halo 4 is looking. And while some things in the game are definitely different than what Halo originally was, that's what makes an awesome franchise - excitement, change, enthusiasm. Some people didn't even like the Brutes coming into Halo 2, but look how well they've helped shape the story line all this time. Let's face it, Halo would get annoying to play game after game just killing Elites, Grunts, and Jackals. A franchise needs to advance to survive, and that's what 343i is doing with Halo 4. And I'm loving every second of it.

It kills me to see 343i work so hard to please the fans when some people just can't be pleased. I don't think they realize how hard it is to satisfy such a large fanbase, when all those fans have become fans of the series for different reasons. I think 343i loves the series just as much as we do and i have faith that they will do it justice

• Like 1

It kills me to see 343i work so hard to please the fans when some people just can't be pleased. I don't think they realize how hard it is to satisfy such a large fanbase, when all those fans have become fans of the series for different reasons. I think 343i loves the series just as much as we do and i have faith that they will do it justice

I agree with all my of hearts content.

the story changed when someone decided to make halo more than a game, so a new story isnt a new concept. Campaign wise, i believe halo 3 was the best while ce and odst followed behind. other than armor abilities, i thought reach was excellent though so many people complain about it, not to mention reach bore the best gameplay experience IMO. I think 343 is fusing reach's gameplay and improved engine with a classic halo story.

A true Halo Fan recognizes Halo ODST as the actual best game, as it's the only game with a true story and induces a sense of desperation. If anything, I'd actually hope that they'd continue that storyline.

As for Halo 4, it currently sits on the edge of a cliff. A wrong turn and it plummets into the sea of cliche. It could be a great game with a great story. But in order to do this, it firstly must chuck out the filler. Opponents should be meaningful. I only get killed by Grunts when I'm not paying attention. Otherwise they're stupid filler. Grunts should have bigger and badder weapons to increase they're lethality. Shield strength of elites needs to be beefed, and hopefully the Prometheans are tough nuts to crack. Also, it shouldn't be a constant firefight. They should adapt some action/adventure aspects, with exploration and mystery. Induce a sense of awe. But cut down on the filler. Add more big bads if you're going to have a constant firefight. Not to mention, it doesn't make logical sense to send in your weakest units with your weakest guns. The plasma pistol should be a backup. AI should have an ammo count as well.

As for multiplayer, eh, I'm partial. I hate those damned moving weapon spawns because they cater to casuals. Also hate how they've added loadouts, preferred weapons, etc. The whole point about the previous halo games was controlling the weapon spawns with your team. The moving weapon drops will likely change the game to such an extent that the battles don't resembled anything previous the slightest.

• Like 1

As for multiplayer, eh, I'm partial. I hate those damned moving weapon spawns because they cater to casuals. Also hate how they've added loadouts, preferred weapons, etc. The whole point about the previous halo games was controlling the weapon spawns with your team. The moving weapon drops will likely change the game to such an extent that the battles don't resembled anything previous the slightest.

It depends on what gametype you are playing. In Infinity slayer, you will recieve weapon spawns according to how well you play, so if you are playing better than the so called "casuals" then it shouldn't be a problem. For normal slayer i'm sure they have made it to where no one has an advantage from the start, if they did then what's the point, and with loadouts, everyone starts with the same basic primary and secondary weapons of their choosing and the weapon spawns will pertain to power weapons only. If you haven't actually played the game yet (i haven't either) then maybe you should wait til then to criticize.

I just love the classic gameplay of halo. Where if you're on a good team, or rather good team meaning people who've memorized the spawns, you quickly move over to the power weapons and hold the spawns at all cost, unless there's a choke point. For example, I actually enjoyed how Swordbase typically forced combat onto the bridge and the lift, as it created a paradox. Take the easily defended position, or go to the 'red' side and take all of the power weapons, like the shotgun, propipe, and the sword, then rush the 'blue' side. Or how on Heretic in Halo 3, there was the constant lulzy King of the Hill style fight over the middle of the room, especially the top, for the damned sword. Or how on Snowbound, everyone tried to hold the middle room of the underground section. Not one of my favorite Halo memories involves COD-styled running around and gunning people down. Clear the area, lock it down, and hold it to bleed points off the enemy as they try to reclaim it.

Not one of my favorite Halo memories involves COD-styled running around and gunning people down.

Well considering that no one has really played the game enough to have an accurate assessment, i'd say lets wait til then, but i assure it won't be anything like COD, they are two completely different games. I understand your concerns about the game, but considering that i haven't heard a single person that has played it say anything negative, maybe thats a sign of whats to come Nov 6.