Why People are Hating on 343

SpartanIV

@

He's right you know. We had a rather long discussion about this in the shoutbox a while back. While the primary weapons all "match up" so to speak, they each have different traits. This means that they compliment a players play-style without overpowering one another.

Thank you for your confirmation, i wasn't sure if i was a bit mixed up. but to be honest im overwhelmed a moderator said i correct :blushing:

Nay gentlemen. Ye all be wrong.

There are multiple types of fans for Halo. There are those who are fans of the interesting little glitches that it brings to the table, there are those who are fans of the multiplayer, there are those who are fans of the campaign and single player modes, and then there are fans of the canon. A "true fan" is all of the above. A "true fan" is someone who knows that Master Chief is a brunette, and that the Magnum was the only "precision weapon" other than the sniper rifle in Halo CE, that warthog races usually mean that the campaign is ending, and that you have to jump crouch to get outside Halo 2's second mission's map.

A "true fan" doesn't have to have started with any particular Halo, just as long as they've gone out of their way to either play or know what happened in all of the games. A "true fan" is allowed to like one thing more than another about Halo (i.e. Canon over campaign, multiplayer over firefight), but a "true fan" already tried everything before making up their minds about it.

A "true fan" is someone who is willing to compromise when there are changes they don't like. A "true fan" would say, "Well, I hate armor lock, so I'll play a game mode that doesn't have it." or "Well, I don't like the ranking system, so I'll play a gametype that I know requires skill. It's a shame I can't boast about my truskill, but I'll still have fun pwning people in 1v1's."

People often confuse true fans with fanboys, but they are not the same. Fanboys are convinced that their game is the best, and feel the irrepressible urge to shove their theology down everyone's throat. A true fan is willing to have a healthy debate, but drops the topic when flaming comes into play.

If you are the type who doesn't like a gametype or game mechanic and decides to stand on a soapbox and shout that Halo is turning into a different game, and say things like, "343i sucks!", then you are not a true Halo fan. If you would rather watch the series die than change, then you are not a true Halo fan. If you would denounce a fellow member of the Halo community for liking a part of Halo that you do not, then you are not a true Halo fan.

There is a reason people of the Halo community mock those who constantly complain about things like Armor Lock, Equipment, or Boardable Vehicles. The reason is because those that do shouldn't be playing a game that they so obviously do not like.

Now that you've been educated on what a "true fan" is, let's talk about what "makes Halo Halo." You could say that for each individual person, what makes a Halo game is different. You could say that, but you would be wrong. If you look at all of the Halo games that have ever been made, every single one, there is only one thing that they all have in common. Change. From the massive changes from Halo CE to Halo 2, to the minor (but still pretty big game changers) changes from Halo 2 to Halo 3.

Some might say that the BR is what makes Halo Halo. And they would be wrong. The BR was not usable by the player in Halo CE, Halo Reach, nor Halo Wars. That's half of the Halo games that are out so far.

Others might say that it's the vehicles. They would still be wrong, but they'd be less wrong. In each and every Halo game vehicles have been tweaked. In Halo CE, you could kill someone and take their vehicle, with no damage to the vehicle at all. In Halo 2, the vehicles blew up, but they were also able to be locked onto by the rocket launcher. In Halo 3, the vehicles became crucial in a BTB game, while in Reach the vehicles became underpowered. In Halo Wars, they are essential, in ODST, they are hardly used.

Even more might say that accuracy is what makes Halo Halo, but they too would be incorrect. In Halo CE, the only two weapons that fired in what could even remotely be considered precisely were the Magnum and the Sniper Rifle. True precision weapons didn't come around until H2.

So you see, the only things that have remained even close to the same over the years are the learning curve, and change. And even the learning curve has changed from each game. Which means the only constant is change. Change and people complaining about change, that is.

tl;dr True fans will never hate Halo and the only thing that makes Halo Halo is change. The Director has spoken.

well i can consider myself as a true halo fan according to you awesome text i agree change is a big keystone in halo

so i did not like armorlock so i played another game types

i dont say halo is the best and i cant play any other FPS games but i consider that halo is the most fairest to players because it is the most balanced of them all

• Like 1

Nay gentlemen. Ye all be wrong.

There are multiple types of fans for Halo. There are those who are fans of the interesting little glitches that it brings to the table, there are those who are fans of the multiplayer, there are those who are fans of the campaign and single player modes, and then there are fans of the canon. A "true fan" is all of the above. A "true fan" is someone who knows that Master Chief is a brunette, and that the Magnum was the only "precision weapon" other than the sniper rifle in Halo CE, that warthog races usually mean that the campaign is ending, and that you have to jump crouch to get outside Halo 2's second mission's map.

A "true fan" doesn't have to have started with any particular Halo, just as long as they've gone out of their way to either play or know what happened in all of the games. A "true fan" is allowed to like one thing more than another about Halo (i.e. Canon over campaign, multiplayer over firefight), but a "true fan" already tried everything before making up their minds about it.

A "true fan" is someone who is willing to compromise when there are changes they don't like. A "true fan" would say, "Well, I hate armor lock, so I'll play a game mode that doesn't have it." or "Well, I don't like the ranking system, so I'll play a gametype that I know requires skill. It's a shame I can't boast about my truskill, but I'll still have fun pwning people in 1v1's."

People often confuse true fans with fanboys, but they are not the same. Fanboys are convinced that their game is the best, and feel the irrepressible urge to shove their theology down everyone's throat. A true fan is willing to have a healthy debate, but drops the topic when flaming comes into play.

If you are the type who doesn't like a gametype or game mechanic and decides to stand on a soapbox and shout that Halo is turning into a different game, and say things like, "343i sucks!", then you are not a true Halo fan. If you would rather watch the series die than change, then you are not a true Halo fan. If you would denounce a fellow member of the Halo community for liking a part of Halo that you do not, then you are not a true Halo fan.

There is a reason people of the Halo community mock those who constantly complain about things like Armor Lock, Equipment, or Boardable Vehicles. The reason is because those that do shouldn't be playing a game that they so obviously do not like.

Now that you've been educated on what a "true fan" is, let's talk about what "makes Halo Halo." You could say that for each individual person, what makes a Halo game is different. You could say that, but you would be wrong. If you look at all of the Halo games that have ever been made, every single one, there is only one thing that they all have in common. Change. From the massive changes from Halo CE to Halo 2, to the minor (but still pretty big game changers) changes from Halo 2 to Halo 3.

Some might say that the BR is what makes Halo Halo. And they would be wrong. The BR was not usable by the player in Halo CE, Halo Reach, nor Halo Wars. That's half of the Halo games that are out so far.

Others might say that it's the vehicles. They would still be wrong, but they'd be less wrong. In each and every Halo game vehicles have been tweaked. In Halo CE, you could kill someone and take their vehicle, with no damage to the vehicle at all. In Halo 2, the vehicles blew up, but they were also able to be locked onto by the rocket launcher. In Halo 3, the vehicles became crucial in a BTB game, while in Reach the vehicles became underpowered. In Halo Wars, they are essential, in ODST, they are hardly used.

Even more might say that accuracy is what makes Halo Halo, but they too would be incorrect. In Halo CE, the only two weapons that fired in what could even remotely be considered precisely were the Magnum and the Sniper Rifle. True precision weapons didn't come around until H2.

So you see, the only things that have remained even close to the same over the years are the learning curve, and change. And even the learning curve has changed from each game. Which means the only constant is change. Change and people complaining about change, that is.

tl;dr True fans will never hate Halo and the only thing that makes Halo Halo is change. The Director has spoken.

I never read this until Ventus quoted it. That is one hell of a monologue, That would deserve the top grades in a test. People do need to accept change. I will admit, there were times i wanted to kill my reach because of the Armour Lockers on my otherwise favourite playlists, when i still had Xbox Live, but I learned to live with it and play other playlists. If Halo fans do not begin to accept change, they risk becoming like the CoD fanboys that complain about how the newest CoD sucks compared to the last one, but play it anyway, and then when the next one is released, they say the previously mentioned one was good. My friend that introduced me to Halo was unwilling to accept the change and went to CoD, while his 40 or so year old father was willing to play, (With a lot of cursing granted) reach until the end. I was left to play Halo without my close friends. Change must be accepted, the very gaming industry depends on it. so long as Halo continues not to use ADS and it's famous intense battles and reletivly well balanced gameplay, it is Halo at heart, and, in essence, thats all that really matters, is it not?, I like to think so. I started playing at Halo 3, and within one game, i loved it, games change. My joint favourite series of games, Pokemon, changes, and i continue to play them. Why? becuase mostly, change is good. There will always be sacrifices and trade offs (e.g, In battle, now the sprites constantly move, but it's quite pixelated) in gaming, just like everything, those who accept enjoy the games they like the most, and when the game annoys them at times, they cool off on a playlist without the thing that annoys them, or they could cool off on another game, thats the simple solution that many people will not accept, they would rather complain. And that is the real thing that ruins the games, it makes people take sides and then, you have a split community fanbase that hurts the franchise. The deplorable effect that is 'peer pressure' if you don't like the game, play Halo 3, or Halo: Reach if you prefer it. don't drag down the rest of the community with your complaints and cuase a rift. it ruins freindships. Trust me, I know.

• 6 months later...

At least someone actually has good feedback.

I cant remember the last time someone has even told people off that are haters.

and That is why most of the people on this site arent true Halo fans.

Surely you know a lot about Halo but, if you cant accept a few changes then your not.

Common sense my friends ^_^.

• Like 1

At least someone actually has good feedback.

I cant remember the last time someone has even told people off that are haters.

and That is why most of the people on this site arent true Halo fans.

Surely you know a lot about Halo but, if you cant accept a few changes then your not.

Common sense my friends ^_^.

well said kudos to you kudos

Halo multiplayer horrible! 343 quiz expand the market turned more to the game, Halo should be an example to be followed by other games and did the opposite! 343 will make the next Halo better? it sure is even worse because it is impossible!

343 did not change halo 4 for the worst it was I need of a redo sure so stuff they got wrong but it is there first halo game they ever made so I bet you cannot  try to make halo 4 live up to all the hype and make everyone in the halo community love its a big task and halo 4 was there first shot give them another chance I think :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The reason there is all this hate is because the game is not made by Bungie. They think that Halo will be "ruined" and not be great. They say they are true Halo fans, but they really aren't. I am accepting that 343 Industries is making the game and I think the game will be awesome. True Halo fans would accept change. I think change is good. Yes, everyone wants it to be like Halo 3, but if it was, why even make a new game?

FOr the record, Halo 4 did have a lot of problems.

This is about the 500th topic I've seen on this sort of thing. Although, I will still share my thought on this once again.

My opinion on this is that people thought that Halo: Reach was supposed to be the biggest boom of the Halo series since Halo 2. They were utterly disappointed with the outcome of Reach. Most of the fans were expecting the game to be like all the previous Halos with no AA's, bleed-through, bloom, and etcetera. Then the community split into two, "Adapt" or "This sucks I want Halo 2/3". I understand that it is hard to transition from a Halo that you have known and loved to something almost completely different.

This is where your point, "Why even make a new came?", comes into play. Take Call of Duty as an example, MW2 and MW3. These too are basically the same games with a tweaked engine and a variety of weapons, perks, killstreaks. Even when you start the game up, the main menu looks EXACTLY the same as it did in MW2. I think that this is an example of developers knowing that their fans will buy whatever game they make, and all they have to do is put a few minor tweaks into it.

Halo 4, however, will have the most resources put into it, than any other Halo game. 343i even stated that in their, "Making of Halo 4", trailer. I think that they ARE NOT a money hungry company, and will actually listen to their fans so they can rebuild the Halo community and put us all as the community that we used to be.

-MaGIIXz

Eeexactly!

The reasons I hate this game are:

. Overpowered weapons

. Killcams

. Ordonnance weapons

. the exaggeration of people camping 

. Armor abilities( camo, hard shield and sentry turret are for noobs)

. The multiplayer is boring

. Custom game is fail

. Campaign sucks

So you hate everything about Halo 4. C'mon, man. Don't be hating. It's really not that bad. (although admittedly I am a noob and I do use autosentry :D).

See thats what people need to remember is Halo 4 could have been ALOT worse and they forget that i bet you if they were to set out to make the worse halo game ever that people would feel that halo  4 is a god send to the Halo universe

and 343 didnt do all that bad for their FIRST ATTEMPT(Im not saying its perfect its far from it.) But it was pretty good compared to some other games like Duke Nukem Forever  the only thing that game did is make people think worse of DN  and FOREVER ruin future improvements but i digress anyway you guys  shud just accept that 343 is in charge now and you are right change is a good thing cause if they made the same halos over and over it would get boring and repetitive even if they are great games

• Like 2

343 Industries has made a game with no time put into it. It just isn't.... Right. When I found a Halo: Reach modeled Armor Ability in Halo 4 (I will explain), It made my expectations for the industry drop.

On to the Armor Ability. All you need to do is got to Requiem, 2nd mission, Any difficulty (Easy or Normal is Recommended) and start. Play the mission until you get to the area you pick up the Active Camouflage at. Kill the sword-wielding Zealot before killing every single enemy on top of the structure (Easiest to rush him while he runs in Active Camouflage) and look for the armor ability. It's a Halo: Reach modeled armor Ability, INSIDE Halo 4.

Halo 4 Is a Good game, And I play it, but Halo: Reach is my Preferred game. Halo 4 is a good game, but it's just not what it seems to be.

343 Industries has made a game with no time put into it. It just isn't.... Right.

You do understand that it has been in the works since halo 3 right? it only picked up around the time of ODST.

And you have to bee kidding me with all the errors reach has that you are going to say that was "better".

This is about the 500th topic I've seen on this sort of thing. Although, I will still share my thought on this once again.

My opinion on this is that people thought that Halo: Reach was supposed to be the biggest boom of the Halo series since Halo 2. They were utterly disappointed with the outcome of Reach. Most of the fans were expecting the game to be like all the previous Halos with no AA's, bleed-through, bloom, and etcetera. Then the community split into two, "Adapt" or "This sucks I want Halo 2/3". I understand that it is hard to transition from a Halo that you have known and loved to something almost completely different.

This is where your point, "Why even make a new came?", comes into play. Take Call of Duty as an example, MW2 and MW3. These too are basically the same games with a tweaked engine and a variety of weapons, perks, killstreaks. Even when you start the game up, the main menu looks EXACTLY the same as it did in MW2. I think that this is an example of developers knowing that their fans will buy whatever game they make, and all they have to do is put a few minor tweaks into it.

Halo 4, however, will have the most resources put into it, than any other Halo game. 343i even stated that in their, "Making of Halo 4", trailer. I think that they ARE NOT a money hungry company, and will actually listen to their fans so they can rebuild the Halo community and put us all as the community that we used to be.

-MaGIIXz

Beautifully said.

People are scared of change. Change is good, and 343 listens to the community. I see nothing wrong, if there turns out to be something wrong in the game that the community does not like, i am sure they will update the game. They already did loads for reach, and also worked with Bungie for a long time. I think 343 is a great company to make Halo 4.

////log////legitamate point made//// return:

This is the exact point which should end this thread. The entire situation is described right here in the fact that people cannot stand the fact that things changed. They blame the shortcomings of a business that is JUST STARTING to attempt to recreate a project which people have already seen the best of on the inability of the organization. It is infact the fault of the previous organization for creating something so great, that it is nearly impossible to recreate.

///end arguement///

On a sidenote...I love...no I ADORE...that video in your signiture...I must...have...

////log////legitamate point made//// return:

This is the exact point which should end this thread. The entire situation is described right here in the fact that people cannot stand the fact that things changed. They blame the shortcomings of a business that is JUST STARTING to attempt to recreate a project which people have already seen the best of on the inability of the organization. It is infact the fault of the previous organization for creating something so great, that it is nearly impossible to recreate.

///end arguement///

On a sidenote...I love...no I ADORE...that video in your signiture...I must...have...

Well, I'm fine with change so long as it isn't bad, doesn't devolve old things and instead adds new things that make the game butter while supplementing older mechanics.

That's why 343 gets the heat: Because not only did they add in tons of broken things, they even devolved and removed tons of other things.

Alright, I have had enough of this "broken" bullcrap. It may not sound polite to say so, but that's how I feel. Tell me, what feature is broken? What doesn't half-work as intended? If you ask me, everything works as it was supposed to.

343 were the ones who had the luxury of deciding how something was to work, so claiming a feature is broken because you don't like how it was intended to work is...wrong.

• Like 2

I love Halo 4. It reminds me of Combat Evolved, Reach and Halo 3. Halo 3 because of similar HUD, Health System, and weapons (BR, Carbine, Beam Rifle, etc) and the campaign reminds me of Combat Evolved because of the feeling of mystery and exploration of a strange new place that you accidentally come across, and you had no choice but to land there. Also, there's some elements of Reach thrown in like bloom (Which I think is much better in Halo 4 than it is in Reach) and Armour abilities. It's a good game. They surpassed my expectations, and I have faith that they will do it again with Halo 5, because they now have some experience and they seem to know what the fans want now, as they are gradually making Halo 4 feel more like the classics.

• Like 1