Why People are Hating on 343

SpartanIV

Truthfully people only hate on 343 because they are too attached to Bungie, and they think a change of hands will destroy this great game. But it wont, what they forget is that Bungie creates more then just Halo, whereas 343 is devoted to it, therefore, more money and time spent on Halo :D

Could have sworn I posted here, long ago. Oh well.

There is no reason to hate on 343 on a game that hasn't even been released. If people would open their minds more, they might actually appreciate the fact that... Hey, 343 picked halo up when Bungie couldnt support it. If it weren't for them, well, enjoy Halo Reach as the trilogy's end.

Ugh. Like usual, if anyone has a different opinion on this game/company, then we are automatically considered "Haters". If it wasn't for the fact of forge being in it, then I probably wouldn't even look twice at it. What do I not like about the new game that's coming??? The biggest annoy-ounce is the graphics of it. Do believe me when I say that I was really excited to know there was a new Halo coming out. But as soon as I saw the first trailer and game play of it, I was most greatly felt let down. I was so unimpressed by it that I almost felt depressed for a couple of days. I am not saying that I hate the company, but they are after all just a baby company just finally getting on their feet. I am one of those people that felt there was nothing wrong with Reach. Until the TU updates began to take over almost ALL of the playlist. And I am pretty sure that I am going to receive hate mail for my post. But you know what? I don't care. Why you ask? Because if everyone else's opinion counts, then why cant mine? So let me put it this way, when me and my husband get the game, you will NOT see me in MM. I will either be in the campaign, or in forge. And when I do feel like MM, I will be back on Reach in my beloved Swat games. But anyways, my finale opinion will be based later on when the game is released. But I do prefer Reaches graphics over the old ones. And my tiff with Halo 4's graphics look too much like the older graphics. I would have thought that Halo 4 would have even better graphics than Reach, but alas, it has failed me. I expect those graphics from an older game, not a newer game. But I take me leave now. Just remember one thing, this argument is very similar to an argument you would expect from a difference in religion argument.

• 3 weeks later...

The reason there is all this hate is because the game is not made by Bungie. They think that Halo will be "ruined" and not be great. They say they are true Halo fans, but they really aren't. I am accepting that 343 Industries is making the game and I think the game will be awesome. True Halo fans would accept change. I think change is good. Yes, everyone wants it to be like Halo 3, but if it was, why even make a new game?

You have a really good point but i just hope 343 doesn't screw up the storyline.

-OrangeSpartan

Speculation does not equal hate.

And there is much cause for speculation. It is very healthy for a big bussiness like Bungie to recieve speculation from its target audience and consumers. Think about it... If the entire halo fan-base took up your policy of accept that 343i can literally do no bad to the halo franchise (which they most certainly can), then Halo 4 wouldn't get refined down to the same kind of perfection that other Halo games produced.

If you look at it right you'll realize that the bnet community for the first 4 Halos was actually more of a help than an obstacle.

And that's kinda messed up logic to say that just because you don't like the idea of load-outs your not a real Halo fan. I mean, how does that corralate. Having a different opinion than you, mister OP, makes them evil people bent on destroying the Halo universe.

:(

This is the smartest part ive read so far. load-outs in reach werent the problem persay, it was the AAs themselves. eg Armourlock and other OP stuff. the simple reason of halo reaches many 'flaws' was that bungie did not listen. the were to obsessed with thier 'super-powerful' armour lock as the said. it was to powerfull. now look at the 343 equivelent. the personal cover. it stops you moving just like armour lock but you can still be killed by explosives or from other directions your not facing, no melee stun no EMP effect. they listened to the Halo Reach complaints. And its only natuaral for you to be able to sprint so why are would you complain? it's realistic! sprint plus 'AA'. All those haters are just holding grudges after reach. well done for this forum my friend!
  • Like 1

As a new game, 343 is doing fan-*******-tastic(no sarcasm)

As a new HALO game, I believe personally and along with a few who share my same belief, 343 is killing the very essence of Halo.

Does anybody reall want Call of Duty: Halo?

As it is right now, that is EXACTLY what it is. Hopefully that will change If they release a "Classics" playlist in it.

Seriously though, specilizations will be the inevitable death of Halo.

I guess it could be compared to the Minecraft situation, when it came to Xbox, the veteran players were severely disappointed in how it played, but newer players were over joyed.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys relax yeah i understand people think they will make it horrible because it ain't bungie.But in the end it will be the game we tell them to make cause they are listening to us.I am excited to see what 343 can do and what i seen so far from the gameplay vid's i am excited for halo 4 cause it look's like a mixture of old and new which is gonna be great to see how they do it.The same can be said about Gears of War :Judgement different studio but epic is helping out with the game so yeah i am kinda worried but in the end i will play the hell out of it and in the end i win cause it will be EPIC.Good luck 343 and i can not wait to see what ya have in store for halo4

Bungie betreyed halo and the community when it ignored our requests and feedback from the beta.

I don't quite understand how that works? Bungie didn't betray anyone, it is us the community that failed them. For far too long has the community felt entitled, or seemed to know better on how or what made Halo work. Our constant bitching and moaning at them is what drove them to ignore a majority of our complaints. The community needs to become more diplomatic in the way that it treats issues, especially when contacting the developers directly or on the forums. Take a look at some of the responses over the years to issues and complaints. Could you honestly see a parent or another figure head responding kindly and quickly to some of the wording and phrases used? No, they wouldn't. So again, it is the community that has caused it's own problems and stifled any quick or appropriate fix to the issues.

• Like 6

I don't quite understand how that works? Bungie didn't betray anyone, it is us the community that failed them. For far too long has the community felt entitled, or seemed to know better on how or what made Halo work. Our constant bitching and moaning at them is what drove them to ignore a majority of our complaints. The community needs to become more diplomatic in the way that it treats issues, especially when contacting the developers directly or on the forums. Take a look at some of the responses over the years to issues and complaints. Could you honestly see a parent or another figure head responding kindly and quickly to some of the wording and phrases used? No, they wouldn't. So again, it is the community that has caused it's own problems and stifled any quick or appropriate fix to the issues.

I was going for the dramatic effect. my real opinion is that they made their game. they released a beta, which is meant to be used for obtaining feedback and sorting the game. they ignored EVERY bit of bad feedback, made the game with to many OP elements and released it to earn as much money as they could before they lost the series. but becuase this isnt a last game for 343, infact it is the opposite, so they will listen as much as they can. that as how it should work. To paraphrase T.S Elliot, 'This is how Bungie left, not with a bang, but with a whimper'.

The reason there is all this hate is because the game is not made by Bungie. They think that Halo will be "ruined" and not be great. They say they are true Halo fans, but they really aren't. I am accepting that 343 Industries is making the game and I think the game will be awesome. True Halo fans would accept change. I think change is good. Yes, everyone wants it to be like Halo 3, but if it was, why even make a new game?

Can you really judge them? I'm as well was very skeptical over the Halo franchise being handed over to 343i, but I took my time and listened to what 343i was going with the franchise and liked what I heard and ultimately started to support them. But people who happens to disagree with them equals that they aren't "true Halo fans"? I disagree. The thing is, people like routine. It's easy and familiar, and by making changes tend s to make people at unease, afraid of the unknown. By changing something, you never know beforehand how it'll turn out and so you're simply afraid of all the 'what ifs'.

There are generally 5 aspects that make people resist change: Old habits, no control, worn out, insecurity and loss. Each of these aspects are natural reason for someone to hate change. Of course, there are people who loves change, and sees it as an experimentation / challenge / breath of fresh air.

The best direction for--in this case-- 343i, is to understand why people are resistant and provide the opportunity to talk with the fans of their directions, which they thankfully have! It's a shame though that many people refuse to even take their time and listen. Those who disagree, shouldn't be blamed.

• Like 3