Why People are Hating on 343

SpartanIV

This is about the 500th topic I've seen on this sort of thing. Although, I will still share my thought on this once again.

My opinion on this is that people thought that Halo: Reach was supposed to be the biggest boom of the Halo series since Halo 2. They were utterly disappointed with the outcome of Reach. Most of the fans were expecting the game to be like all the previous Halos with no AA's, bleed-through, bloom, and etcetera. Then the community split into two, "Adapt" or "This sucks I want Halo 2/3". I understand that it is hard to transition from a Halo that you have known and loved to something almost completely different.

This is where your point, "Why even make a new came?", comes into play. Take Call of Duty as an example, MW2 and MW3. These too are basically the same games with a tweaked engine and a variety of weapons, perks, killstreaks. Even when you start the game up, the main menu looks EXACTLY the same as it did in MW2. I think that this is an example of developers knowing that their fans will buy whatever game they make, and all they have to do is put a few minor tweaks into it.

Halo 4, however, will have the most resources put into it, than any other Halo game. 343i even stated that in their, "Making of Halo 4", trailer. I think that they ARE NOT a money hungry company, and will actually listen to their fans so they can rebuild the Halo community and put us all as the community that we used to be.

-MaGIIXz

• Like 3

This is about the 500th topic I've seen on this sort of thing. Although, I will still share my thought on this once again.

My opinion on this is that people thought that Halo: Reach was supposed to be the biggest boom of the Halo series since Halo 2. They were utterly disappointed with the outcome of Reach. Most of the fans were expecting the game to be like all the previous Halos with no AA's, bleed-through, bloom, and etcetera. Then the community split into two, "Adapt" or "This sucks I want Halo 2/3". I understand that it is hard to transition from a Halo that you have known and loved to something almost completely different.

This is where your point, "Why even make a new came?", comes into play. Take Call of Duty as an example, MW2 and MW3. These too are basically the same games with a tweaked engine and a variety of weapons, perks, killstreaks. Even when you start the game up, the main menu looks EXACTLY the same as it did in MW2. I think that this is an example of developers knowing that their fans will buy whatever game they make, and all they have to do is put a few minor tweaks into it.

Halo 4, however, will have the most resources put into it, than any other Halo game. 343i even stated that in their, "Making of Halo 4", trailer. I think that they ARE NOT a money hungry company, and will actually listen to their fans so they can rebuild the Halo community and put us all as the community that we used to be.

-MaGIIXz

Agreed MaGllXz, I believe 343i knows what they're doing and WANT their True Halo Fans to return to Halo. 343i said that they're making Halo 4 feel like the Classic Halos but still giving it a different feel. Like adding these things like Forerunner Vision, they want it to feel like the Classics, but want to use some of their own ideas too. They listen to their fans, and I believe they know what they're doing. But yeah, COD fans only stay on COD because the developers stay to the same game, and practically make the same game over and over again with little tweaks. 343i is not doing that. They want Halo to be different each game and not be the same ever single time. People hate on 343i because they want Halo to feel like Halo 2/3, and like you said, "The Halo Fanbase split into two", which is correct, "Adapt" or "This sucks I want Halo 2/3." I think 343i is combining that. Bringing that Halo 2/3 feel and adding their own ideas which people have to learn to adapt to. Just give 343i a chance, because they know what they're doing...

• Like 1

People are scared of change. Change is good, and 343 listens to the community. I see nothing wrong, if there turns out to be something wrong in the game that the community does not like, i am sure they will update the game. They already did loads for reach, and also worked with Bungie for a long time. I think 343 is a great company to make Halo 4.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

343 has proven time and time again that they are very capable of ruining this franchise. Just look at the latest choices of map packs. If you actually play reach you'll notice people choose the same 3 maps over and over consistently. Asylum, hemorrhage, and reflection. All halo 2 maps. And there is a reason for it. The new maps show that 343 doesn't understand halo as it should. Management needs to be fired and restocked with someone who understands the brand that bungee built.

This company has made nothing but poor choices on the direction of halo. And sad to say I don't see it changing. Really? Why would any company in their right mind add maps with hockey sticks, a ball that is completely unresponsive, and invincible shields to a first person shooter? At the same time remove territories and hemorrhage from objective playlists. And you guys think 343 will be capable to create halo 4? Lol.

I just wish Microsoft would bring halo 2 back online! The pc version lags like hell.

• Like 1

They should at least have Some armor to unlock through completing the campaign.

Something I've always wanted a Halo game to have.

And I agree. Give 343i a break. It's their first true Halo game and it sounds awesome. I think mainly Halo fans don't want to hear "Oh Halo is now like CoD, see how bad Halo is? So bad they had to go to CoD gameplay." which is only partially true about being like CoD (custom loadouts, nothing more). CoD fans are just jerks, I didn't hear any Halo fans say "MW3 stole (that survival gametype, idk the name of it) from Halo!" Anyways, look at the bright side, Halo is continuing. And at least we still get more Master Chief. If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that we missed the good ole Spartan 117!

Something I've always wanted a Halo game to have.

And I agree. Give 343i a break. It's their first true Halo game and it sounds awesome. I think mainly Halo fans don't want to hear "Oh Halo is now like CoD, see how bad Halo is? So bad they had to go to CoD gameplay." which is only partially true about being like CoD (custom loadouts, nothing more). CoD fans are just jerks, I didn't hear any Halo fans say "MW3 stole (that survival gametype, idk the name of it) from Halo!" Anyways, look at the bright side, Halo is continuing. And at least we still get more Master Chief. If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that we missed the good ole Spartan 117!

I totally agree with all of you.

343 has proven time and time again that they are very capable of ruining this franchise. Just look at the latest choices of map packs. If you actually play reach you'll notice people choose the same 3 maps over and over consistently. Asylum, hemorrhage, and reflection. All halo 2 maps. And there is a reason for it. The new maps show that 343 doesn't understand halo as it should. Management needs to be fired and restocked with someone who understands the brand that bungee built.

This company has made nothing but poor choices on the direction of halo. And sad to say I don't see it changing. Really? Why would any company in their right mind add maps with hockey sticks, a ball that is completely unresponsive, and invincible shields to a first person shooter? At the same time remove territories and hemorrhage from objective playlists. And you guys think 343 will be capable to create halo 4? Lol.

I just wish Microsoft would bring halo 2 back online! The pc version lags like hell.

343 had been working with Bungie almost from the start of Halo... When you look at the added fact that a lot of Bungie employees switched over to 343 industries, 343 is essentially just a new Bungie. In response to your "map pack theory" people only choose maps they know very well so they have an advantage. The map packs released IMO are good, and I usually vote for them.

The "hockey" gametype you are referring to is simply a mini-game.

And this part goes to pretty much everyone who has posted in here, if you read SpartanIV's post, he is saying why he thinks people are hating on 343, not saying anything about hating them.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

The reason there is all this hate is because the game is not made by Bungie. They think that Halo will be "ruined" and not be great. They say they are true Halo fans, but they really aren't. I am accepting that 343 Industries is making the game and I think the game will be awesome. True Halo fans would accept change. I think change is good. Yes, everyone wants it to be like Halo 3, but if it was, why even make a new game?

Speculation does not equal hate.

And there is much cause for speculation. It is very healthy for a big bussiness like Bungie to recieve speculation from its target audience and consumers. Think about it... If the entire halo fan-base took up your policy of accept that 343i can literally do no bad to the halo franchise (which they most certainly can), then Halo 4 wouldn't get refined down to the same kind of perfection that other Halo games produced.

If you look at it right you'll realize that the bnet community for the first 4 Halos was actually more of a help than an obstacle.

And that's kinda messed up logic to say that just because you don't like the idea of load-outs your not a real Halo fan. I mean, how does that corralate. Having a different opinion than you, mister OP, makes them evil people bent on destroying the Halo universe.

:(

• 5 weeks later...

i am a big fan of bungie, and halo. after seeing what emsamble did with halo i was worryed about what 343 would do to it, and many of my friends still are. but after playing CEA and seeing the gameplay of halo 4 i have high hopes for the game and i wish 343 good luck, and i am raising money to pre-order the game

343- good luck and i hope to play your future games

The reason there is all this hate is because the game is not made by Bungie. They think that Halo will be "ruined" and not be great. They say they are true Halo fans, but they really aren't. I am accepting that 343 Industries is making the game and I think the game will be awesome. True Halo fans would accept change. I think change is good. Yes, everyone wants it to be like Halo 3, but if it was, why even make a new game?

Ah, good sir, I have made several points on this topic as well, people will hate 343i Industries for their own reasons. However, what they can not deny is that the gameplay demo was perhaps the best display of futuristic, sci-fi-like gameplay with a smooth graphics system since Halo 3 was announced to be "the best graphics xbox has to offer". Nonetheless, as for the others that still hate 343 simply because of the fact that they are not Bungie, or that they are "turning Halo into CoD" (which sounds ridiculous), I have come to a conclusion that minds are more easily changed by visual example - what they see will make them believe. When Halo 4 comes out and the millions of fans and dounters buy the game - I can say that (considering what my uncle has told me about Halo 4) 343 industries will have the trust of those delinquent doubters who are ignorant of what truly is a good game (too much Call of Duty for them I reckon).

Ok, to clear things up. about 1/4 of Bungie left to join 343i, one of the most known Bungie employees (frank O'connor) is head of 343i, and like Donut said above, they're making a new game, with the soul of Halo. Halo has been...moving down on the charts lately, and they want to amp it back up to top 5. "Back in the day" should stay that way, in the back of in the day. I don't know about the haters but I'm thinking about Halo's FUTURE. sur Halo 2/3 were great titles, But if they put THOSE games in THIS century, people would hate even more. I mean, look at CoD? Same game, same name,same old shame! Would you rather have Halo be another Marathon or CoD? or would you have it be a Spider-man game, different every time with a whole new thrill ride.

My point is, if you guys want Halo to be ready for the next Generation, Let 343i handle it. They're doing GREAT. I seriously think 343i is doing a BETTER job than Bungie. I bet you 5 bucks Bungie wasn't going to make Halo 4 in the first place, they knew it too. They would never Remake CE either. Let 343i do what 343i does, make money,be awesome, and create our Haloz.

• Like 1

Ok, to clear things up. about 1/4 of Bungie left to join 343i, one of the most known Bungie employees (frank O'connor) is head of 343i, and like Donut said above, they're making a new game, with the soul of Halo. Halo has been...moving down on the charts lately, and they want to amp it back up to top 5. "Back in the day" should stay that way, in the back of in the day. I don't know about the haters but I'm thinking about Halo's FUTURE. sur Halo 2/3 were great titles, But if they put THOSE games in THIS century, people would hate even more. I mean, look at CoD? Same game, same name,same old shame! Would you rather have Halo be another Marathon or CoD? or would you have it be a Spider-man game, different every time with a whole new thrill ride

My point is, if you guys want Halo to be ready for the next Generation, Let 343i handle it. They're doing GREAT. I seriously think 343i is doing a BETTER job than Bungie. I bet you 5 bucks Bungie wasn't going to make Halo 4 in the first place, they knew it too. They would never Remake CE either. Let 343i do what 343i does, make money,be awesome, and create our Haloz.

Agreed

I think its worth pointing out here, to be fair to the 343 haters, that they arent doing this simply beacuse Bungie isn't making it. It's beacuse they don't like change. And to be fair, Halo 4 is a pretty dramati shift, definitely far more than the shift between H2 and H3 for instance.

If Halo 4 was, gameplay wise, a carbon copy of Halo 2, would these guys be complaining? Likely not. And honestly, I do understand where their objections are coming from. I just think they put too much value in the old ways and overreact when those old ways are knocked over.

good choice in words and remember one thing halo is halo and you cant ruin it without turning it into call of duty and remember call of duty sucks

i miss Bungie because they used to have the flaming helmet and my recon. next thing u no my fame is gone and i just have plane old recon. but i wonder 343 is handing out to thier members :blushing:

who cares yea recon looks ok but really man really it was bungies choice to leave

just remember bungie left microsoft because they wanted to so stop hating 343 just because there making halo 4 now

Guest The Noob Slayer

i miss Bungie because they used to have the flaming helmet and my recon. next thing u no my fame is gone and i just have plane old recon. but i wonder 343 is handing out to thier members :blushing:

You are wrong! Bungie made dull characters except for cortana and Johson chief never talked. 343 made master chief cooler. Along with the forerunners