Is 343 ruining Halo:Reach?

andrew4052

343i have done an okay job so far, but the Title Update does kind of suck. They have tried their very best to make the gaming environment better, although they have made the game a lot more competetive than before, which is really bad.

Not really. Halo is known for it's competitive gameplay (one of the major MLG games on the market), and honestly I'm happy to see it return to it's roots. I myself am not a competitive player, but I don't mind the game being a bit more challenging. Plus, the title update didn't affect the major playlist (Team Slayer) so it isn't like you HAVE to play a competitive gametype.

i see 343 industries and i see that all theyre trying to do is try new things so they know what the community considers for future refrence. most be dont like tu because it doesnt seperate the noobs from the pros and is a fairly equal all out game. but they have dont some awesome stuff like the anniversary map pack for example. those remakes came out beatifully thanks to 343 and the other companies. 343 title updates can be both good or bad based on who you are andhow you play the game. in my opinion 343 needs to bring back jackpot weekends and make it easier to get the defiant achievements. whatever 343 does to improve or maybe downgrade halo reach, we can still look unto dawn for halo 4.

i see 343 industries and i see that all theyre trying to do is try new things so they know what the community considers for future refrence. most be dont like tu because it doesnt seperate the noobs from the pros and is a fairly equal all out game. but they have dont some awesome stuff like the anniversary map pack for example. those remakes came out beatifully thanks to 343 and the other companies. 343 title updates can be both good or bad based on who you are andhow you play the game. in my opinion 343 needs to bring back jackpot weekends and make it easier to get the defiant achievements. whatever 343 does to improve or maybe downgrade halo reach, we can still look unto dawn for halo 4.

If anything the TU does separate the good players from the bad more so than vanilla Reach did. The people who pace now are rewarded more often than they were pre-update, and spammers seem to be punished more often because of it. It seems that those who spam have less of a chance of scoring a kill now, thanks to the reduction in bloom and quicker resetting reticule. I don't know where you heard that most people don't like the title update, but I'd love to see where you got that information from.

343i is making it how the community wants it. Non of us have any right to complain.

BUNGIE handed the freaking series over to 343Industries because of how every single one of their fans are always unsatisfied. It's kind of pathetic really.

Now all of you little complaining insignificant children. Sit down, shut up, drink some freaking milk and deal with it.

As in... Deal with whatever 343Industries has to offer, because if you truly are a Halo Fan. You won't give a damn who makes it, or how it turns out. If you aren't, you're just another noob-ass critic.

343i is making it how the community wants it. Non of us have any right to complain.

BUNGIE handed the freaking series over to 343Industries because of how every single one of their fans are always unsatisfied. It's kind of pathetic really.

Now all of you little complaining insignificant children. Sit down, shut up, drink some freaking milk and deal with it.

As in... Deal with whatever 343Industries has to offer, because if you truly are a Halo Fan. You won't give a damn who makes it, or how it turns out. If you aren't, you're just another noob-ass critic.

Imp........I am honestly glad you shared this publicly. It shows who one of the "children" are, at the very least.

• Like 1

Its always funny to me when people complain about the TU ruining Reach. Its like their oblivious to how much people hate vanilla reach and how many people left because Bungie refused to update their game. You can still find the vids on youtube of avid fans begging for bloom and armor lock to be fixed or threatening to leave. Plus people are starting to come back, the population has doubled and is continuing to grow.

Im loving 343i. I really love Anniversary, both campaign and multiplayer, I like the TU updates, even if theyre small for now, I love the playlist updates, especially for living dead, and I love how their doing this slowly to gauge how the changes are liked by the community. Right now their doing more for Reach than bungie ever did.

• Like 1

Reach just isn't the best Halo, I'm sure we all know that and there is no way to fix it. Halo 4 will make us all have that amazing feeling again. :D

"I'm sure we all know that and there is no way to fix it." We don't all "know that." Some people don't like Reach, some people think it's great, and some people think it's just okay. I personally think it's one of, if not the best in the series for gameplay, so I personally don't agree with you. In terms of story, I'd say that CE, ODST, or Wars is my favourite, but I'd pick post-TU Reach over the other Halo games when it comes to actual gameplay. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the more arcadie style of gameplay of Halo 3 and the like, but I'd rather play Reach because it doesn't feel nearly as arcadie as previous entries, I enjoy the feel of the game and its weapons more, and because I think it's one of the best Halo games to be released. Sometimes I'm in the mood for old school (Halo CE, 2, or 3), sometimes I'm in the mood for something that is a mixture of both modern and old school (Reach). It's all dependent on the person, so please don't try to speak for everyone.

• Like 2

Im not one too troll..but if you complain about the new title update and it's new 85% bloom and melee boost..then sir you have not played halo 2 nor halo 3. 343i listened for people like "you" who asked for a similar feel to halo 2 and 3..play halo 3 and 2 too understand what this update did to Pro gamers and skillful players.

SOmethings im happy about is that damn bloom nobody complained about the bloom in the previous games... but I still dont like the way they made armour lock completely useless... but overall pretty good :)

• 2 weeks later...

I will have to agree with the original post, 343 needs to stop messing with the game. the way i see it, it is being turned back into a mixture of halos 2 & 3. which is simply a bad idea to go back to an old way of playing. it is a NEW game therefore it shouldn't be changed back. the ones who actually like the old way of playing, simply go back to the old games, allow the ones who actually like the new way to enjoy the new game, it is simply stupid to screw up reach for the previous game fans.

the way i see it, 343 is gunna go right ahead with the stupid update and change the game completely ruining it for alot of people, what i think is that they need to go create a different set of playlists all together, call them the Title Update for all gametypes, and another spot for the rest where they arnt ruined by bleed, reticle bloom, "old pistol" and all the other dumb changes. The only change that i see that is good from what they are screwing up is on lockdown.

Is 343 ruining Halo: Reach?

Sadly the answer is yes. Bloom is good! Why would they remove it? It seperates the noobs from the pros. Only 300 people play the TU Beta. Why? IT SUCKS. Notice how every playlist that gets the title update subsequently loses the majority of it's players. Every update has made the game worse. I hope 343 gets the message and stops ruining Halo: Reach. If any 343 staff is reading this, PLEASE STOP. YOU'VE ALREADY SCREWED UP HALO:REACH ENOUGH.

Bungie was SOOOO much better.

Please stop. It was amazing and now it's getting worse.

i think that as well, has anyone played congealed it looks like a bomb hit the place

I don't know about you guys, but I thought the Anniversary playlist was awesome. 343 is doing a great job with Reach , and they need to keep up the good work. Most people complain about the bloom and non-competitive environment because that was more like Halo 3. I kinda like Reach's style more than Halo 3, but I would like to see Halo 4 be more like Halo 3 after playing Reach for a while.

• Like 1

343i have done an okay job so far, but the Title Update does kind of suck. They have tried their very best to make the gaming environment better, although they have made the game a lot more competetive than before, which is really bad.

ill tell u why we dont like it...

its a disservice to the franchise.

they sold out to all the infection loving scrubs.

reticle bloom to help keep all of the infection loving scrubs alive.

why do commendations block half my screen, im glad i got 500 kills with a precision weapon but id have 501 if u didnt put that in the middle of my screen.

took the rank out so infection loving scrubs dont get stuck at a first lieutenant and stop playing. (which was better we dont want you on our game anyway)

sprint... i can deal with that and evade is awesome... but ARMOR LOCK, JETPACK, CAMO, HOLOGRAM come on was this game made for 8 year olds

it takes like 30 button presses to get to the stat screen that actually lets u know if the kids ur playing are any good.

did i mention the lack of a ranking system

no ranks

no ranks

no ranks

no ranks

no ranks

no ranks

did i mention no ranks

like i wanna go into MLG (the only playlist worth playing until they remove bloom completely from everything) by myself get 3 more randys on my team one of which is playing his second match of halo EVER and cant even reload without stopping moving, and then the other team is a try hard party of 4 with 4 mics all calling out. real fun!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!@@~!~@

remember the glory days when parties of 4 got matched with 4's hence calling it "running 4's"

WE NEED RANKS THIS IS NOT COD CAN ANYBODY HEAR ME BUNGIE? 343? WHOEVER U ARE PLEASE LISTEN AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! ALL OF US WHO ARE DISPLEASED WITH REACH ARE YOUR REAL FANS WE ARE THE ONES WHOVE BEEN HERE FROM THE START WE ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE LOGGED COUNTLESS HOURS IN MATCHMAKING WE ARE THE ONES WHO MAKE 80 DIFFERENT GTAGS JUST SO WE CAN TRY TO HAVE INSANELY GOOD STATS!!! WE ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE STAYED UP TILL THE SUN ROSE TRYING TO GET OUR 50's IN MLG, WE ARE THE ONES WHO RUN 4s FOR 10 HOURS STRAIGHT, WE ARE THE ONES WHO MATTER NOT THOSE INFECTION LOVING NOOBS THAT POP YOUR GAME IN FOR HALF AN HOUR IN BETWEEN DIDDY KONG RACING AND FRIGGIN GTA4!!!!!

SO BUNGIE/343/WHOEVER IS ACTUALLY IN CHARGE NOWADAYS!!!!!! PLEASE IM BEGGING U FOR THE SAKE OF THE HALO COMMUNITY... THE REAL HALO COMMUNITY!!! WE NEED A 1-50 RANKING SYSTEM AS OF 1 YEAR 4 MONTHS AND 21 DAYS AGO SO GET ON IT!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I agree with Jester. The only real changes are to bloom, damage bleedthrough, and nerfing Armor Lock.

Bloom works better now because players are more likely to win against spammers by pacing their shots than they were previously, as pacing was just too slow to the kill, regardless of how much more likely shots were to hit.

Melee bleedthrough should have been shipped with the game to begin with. Frankly, it's a terrible idea that someone who has a single point of shield left should have the same amount of health in melee terms as their undamaged attacker. As long as we don't go back to the Halo 3 days where Every. Single. Kill. ended in a beatdown, this shouldn't be a problem.

Armor Lock needed nerfing. Don't even bother contesting this.

As for removing the sword block... I don't see how it's a problem. They have a weapon that works at spitting distance. You have a gun which can hit at any range. Just stay away from them, at the very least they're going to get hurt closing the distance. No other power weapon can be countered by anyone at all from the word go, and the sword has always been a high risk/high reward weapon. Cutting the reward and raising the risk just spoils the balance.

they got rid of armor lock?

This is directed to the ass hat of a scrubbed douch lord **** stick fanboy Showger. I'm glad you like to play competative pal,but a large majority of the population does not. Reach was and always be from the beginning, a GAME FOR BUNGIE!!! Where the **** to do get off telling me or anyone else for that matter, than I am not a real fan or player? I've been to every midnight release for the games. I've played, decompiled, hacked, recompiled, rebuilt and distributed more community goodness than you will ever be able to do.

- 30 button presses to get to stats? What the **** kinda of crack are you smoking man, it's 6 button presses.

- AA's.. Call the ****** Whaaaaaaaaaambulance *******. AA's are just like equipment form Halo 3.

- Ranks ranks ranks...all I hear is wahhhhhh I have no life and I desperately need to show people a number so I can finally be accepted by someone....

- Sold out to infection? Infection was a great community gametype started way back in halo1. Who the **** are you to say they sold out. Adding infection and support for one the most played and fan favorite gametypes is called "Community Love". They were giving people what they wanted. Do some research!

- WE NEED RANKS THIS IS NOT COD CAN ANYBODY HEAR ME BUNGIE? 343? WHOEVER U ARE PLEASE LISTEN AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! ALL OF US WHO ARE DISPLEASED WITH REACH ARE YOUR REAL FANS WE ARE THE ONES WHOVE BEEN HERE FROM THE START WE ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE LOGGED COUNTLESS HOURS IN MATCHMAKING WE ARE THE ONES WHO MAKE 80 DIFFERENT GTAGS JUST SO WE CAN TRY TO HAVE INSANELY GOOD STATS!!! WE ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE STAYED UP TILL THE SUN ROSE TRYING TO GET OUR 50's IN MLG, WE ARE THE ONES WHO RUN 4s FOR 10 HOURS STRAIGHT, WE ARE THE ONES WHO MATTER NOT THOSE INFECTION LOVING NOOBS THAT POP YOUR GAME IN FOR HALF AN HOUR IN BETWEEN DIDDY KONG RACING AND FRIGGIN GTA4!!!!!

Does baby need a diaper change??????

Look, and this goes to everyone. We don't need these retarted half assed constant posts about **** from 1 post wonders. You wanna ***** about a game in the Halo Universe, great....DO SO IN AN ALREADY EXISTING THREAD!!!! It's called a frickin "search" button folks! I dont have all night to go thru these ****-fests of posts from failed members of the community who cannot stand anything other than their standard cut and paste gameplay. Grow a ******* set and move on, or don't come in here. have I made myself clear yet? No?

Ok try this, unless you have any programming experience and can produce something of greater quality in terms of map modification or updated game mechanics, then sit the **** down and shut up. Dont completely bash or put down a companies hard work with the pretext that you alone could do better. I on the other hand have every right and ability to do so. So again, grow a set....everyone! Well,not everyone...just the ass hats that post constant bull**** around here....you know who you are.

• Like 5