Is 343 ruining Halo:Reach?

andrew4052

Hey, how bout this? We stop whining and wait for Halo 4 to come out, which we all know 100% will be better then Reach. Yes, Reach wasn't all that good of a Halo but we all still play it don't we? Halo 1, 2 and 3 will always be the best and they are not coming back, so lets all move on and stop whining about the bloom, the multiplayer and whatever i didn't care to read because i just didn't care. We cant change how Reach plays, 343i can and i'm sure they wont change the game play anymore. And one person ranting about it wont help out at all either. Play the game until Halo 4 comes out or don't play Reach until Halo 4 comes out, its honestly your choice. Remember one thing though, we don't care about your choice, so stop ranting on the forums and cry somewhere else please, thank you! :D...... -_-

Hey, how bout this? We stop whining and wait for Halo 4 to come out, which we all know 100% will be better then Reach. Yes, Reach wasn't all that good of a Halo but we all still play it don't we? Halo 1, 2 and 3 will always be the best and they are not coming back, so lets all move on and stop whining about the bloom, the multiplayer and whatever i didn't care to read because i just didn't care. We cant change how Reach plays, 343i can and i'm sure they wont change the game play anymore. And one person ranting about it wont help out at all either. Play the game until Halo 4 comes out or don't play Reach until Halo 4 comes out, its honestly your choice. Remember one thing though, we don't care about your choice, so stop ranting on the forums and cry somewhere else please, thank you! :D...... -_-

agreed buuuuttttttt...... i like the original game play of reach. i like reach. i've been playing halo since the beginning. everyone of them (minus wars). i played the 1st halo online thru the puter. then racked up lots of time on halo 2, 3 & odst & reach. i rem everyone was whining over the br spread lol. saying that reach wasn't all that good might be correct for you but for me, a veteran player, i like reach.

Both are simply good playlists. While I did slightly prefer the TU, I did still play a lot of vanilla reach. So on topic; "Is 343 ruining halo reach?", no they are not, but simply enhancing and adding to it to fit all playing audiences. There should be no complaints over one or the other, as we both know, for something like slayer, there is a vanilla reach playlist (team slayer), and a TU reach playlist (super slayer). If you prefer one, play on the playlist that coincides with your preference. There should be no negative comments on the other. Just stay within your zone, and don't let it beyond that. In my eyes, the system they have made for it is working perfectly.

agreed buuuuttttttt...... i like the original game play of reach. i like reach. i've been playing halo since the beginning. everyone of them (minus wars). i played the 1st halo online thru the puter. then racked up lots of time on halo 2, 3 & odst & reach. i rem everyone was whining over the br spread lol. saying that reach wasn't all that good might be correct for you but for me, a veteran player, i like reach.

I played Halo since the day it came out when i was like super young. Reach doesn't feel like Halo for me and that's why i don't like it that much but id rather be on Reach than Halo 3 because nobody i know ever gets on Halo 3 and it gets boring when your alone lol.

I played Halo since the day it came out when i was like super young. Reach doesn't feel like Halo for me and that's why i don't like it that much but id rather be on Reach than Halo 3 because nobody i know ever gets on Halo 3 and it gets boring when your alone lol.

agreed bout no one on halo 3. the thing about halo is that w/every one they made, they always changed the gameplay mechanics. i rem how dissappointed i was w/the reduced grenade throw distance in halo 2 compared to halo 1. in halo 3 everyone complained about the br spread. rem the strafe snipe technique? bungie always changed & tweaked gameplay mechanics in all of them. so, for anyone to say that halo 2 & 3 were the same is false. they all had slightly different things going on which, to me was a hurdle at 1st but was a welcome one in that it was something new & fresh. i like fresh. so in that, for all the one's that like TU bc it goes back to the halo 2 or 3 days & then told people to accept change (<---- make sure you did that second part before you ***** at me), read it & weep bc you are a hypocrite. y'all tell others to accept change yet you wanna relive the old days. pahahahaha!

Personaly loved Reach the way it was, sure it got boring after awhile, But that's why we have LIVE and Friends. Compared to other games, Reach was amazing. Some people don't respect how long it takes to actually make a game. They critisize it. I hate that. Go make a better game! When 343i made an update, it changed my world. They added a color to Halo again. Although with Reach's weapon arsenal, I don't think Zero Bloom Magnums makes this world a better place. That's why they kept the Vanilla Reach, and a little "in-between thing" that I really like! I hope 343i brings new colour to the Halo universe and makes it the Halo I enjoyed at my young age. I've been playing Halo my whole life, It only got better, Sure there was some faults. But compare that ONE fault, to all the good things? 343i Is fixing Bungie's faults. And making a new game. It will have faults garaunteed. But the future still has a butt-load of things that could happen. will Halo 4 have a TU?

how do I talk to someone about being temp banned for 5 mins even though its the other players quitting. like co op campaign or firefight doubles they quit then I finish and when I return to lobby itll tell me IM temp banned for quitting. This is really annoying cause I never quit early. Help please.

how do I talk to someone about being temp banned for 5 mins even though its the other players quitting. like co op campaign or firefight doubles they quit then I finish and when I return to lobby itll tell me IM temp banned for quitting.

This is really annoying cause I never quit early.

Help please.

If somebody quits a firefight match, and you're alone, the reach system sometimes files that as credit boosting, resulting in a ban. I'm not sure about campaign though.... I hope I helped a bit.

well it happened for campaign and how is it boosting when i do it through matchmaking online

and firefight it cant be boosting if i dont even know them and i cant talk to them either

Edited by Spectral Jester
merged comments

well it happened for campaign and how is it boosting when i do it through matchmaking online

Because of the enemy quantity in doubles, if you do it yourself, it can be recorded by the servers as commendation and credit boosting. Not sure why, but... You should discuss this issue on waypoint official forums, this is the community. Nevertheless, I hope I gave you some useful info...

how do I talk to someone about being temp banned for 5 mins even though its the other players quitting. like co op campaign or firefight doubles they quit then I finish and when I return to lobby itll tell me IM temp banned for quitting. This is really annoying cause I never quit early. Help please.

and firefight it cant be boosting if i dont even know them and i cant talk to them either

So firstly, this isn't the official 343 forums, we're just the community forums, fans. You want to head on over to halo.xbox.com for the official site. All we can do is give you an idea of why you might have been banned, can't do much else about it.

Now, like Bullet said, the system can't distinguish whether you were actually boosting or not, it just looks at the game and decides for itself. Through campaign, it's simple. They look at it as though you manipulated the network to only play by yourself. Same with Firefight, regardless of whether you are or not. Also, you can talk to the people, that's why we have mic's.

Now, here's the kicker of this. If they are "quitting" and you are not, are you sure it's not your internet connection crapping out for a split second, causing you to lose your connection? If that's the case, the banhammer sees that as quitting, even though it's just network difficulties. Chances are they are staying online and you are the one dropping out.

yah sure its not connection itll say they quit well thanks again

But when your connection gives out like that, it does say that they quit, leaving you alone in the game. Do you get all the credits you deserve at the end of said games?

• 2 weeks later...