Is 343 ruining Halo:Reach?

andrew4052

Is 343 ruining Halo: Reach?

Sadly the answer is yes. Bloom is good! Why would they remove it? It seperates the noobs from the pros. Only 300 people play the TU Beta. Why? IT SUCKS. Notice how every playlist that gets the title update subsequently loses the majority of it's players. Every update has made the game worse. I hope 343 gets the message and stops ruining Halo: Reach. If any 343 staff is reading this, PLEASE STOP. YOU'VE ALREADY SCREWED UP HALO:REACH ENOUGH.

Bungie was SOOOO much better.

Please stop. It was amazing and now it's getting worse.

I agree with you 100%. The Title Update is the worst thing they could of done to Reach. I am so frustrated to play a game that i love but it feels totally different. I hope 343 is not gonna destroy Halo 4 as well cuz otherwise im done. And I hope 343 reads this comment and at least try to understand how I and many other people feel about all this update bull****.

Honestly I have to agree with Andrew on this one. I went on a few playlists in the last few days and all I see in BTB in TU gametypes... Why would we need that in a game that depends on vehicles? Bloom was made for Halo: Reach and they shouldn't change that. If they want recoil in halo 4 then I approve, but with no bloom for a DMR on Halo: Reach? It makes is a F****** SNIPER RIFLE! Even if it does do less damage it can go a lot farther it could with bloom. Don't get me wrong, I like that 343 is trying to bring Halo: Reach back to its glory days. I especially enjoy the new challenges, more community content, and more credit opportunities... Now I love 343 but I think they should leave bloom the way it was.

Honestly I have to agree with Andrew on this one. I went on a few playlists in the last few days and all I see in BTB in TU gametypes... Why would we need that in a game that depends on vehicles? Bloom was made for Halo: Reach and they shouldn't change that. If they want recoil in halo 4 then I approve, but with no bloom for a DMR on Halo: Reach? It makes is a F****** SNIPER RIFLE! Even if it does do less damage it can go a lot farther it could with bloom. Don't get me wrong, I like that 343 is trying to bring Halo: Reach back to its glory days. I especially enjoy the new challenges, more community content, and more credit opportunities... Now I love 343 but I think they should leave bloom the way it was.

The only playlists that use Zero Bloom are the MLG and the Zero Bloom slayer playlists. Everything else uses either vanilla Reach or the TU settings. The TU adjustments to bloom have made precision weapons like the DMR, Needle Rifle, and Magnum far more reliable than their vanilla versions. Spamming is actually less effective and punished more now with the TU, and pacing your shots is actually a viable and rewarded tactic. In vanilla Reach, the bloom resets itself slower, which is a bad thing. This means that those who spam can get off shots far more quickly than those who pace, and this allows them to kill their opponent when they really shouldn't. In vanilla Reach, pacers had to wait far too long for their shots to become accurate again. That little bit of time that was shaved off for the bloom to reset has made a huge difference. Because the bloom is less wild and resets faster in the TU, pacing is actually rewarded more. Now when I properly time my shots, I don't have to wait as long to fire my next one. I am able to get out accurate shots far more quickly, and those that spam are punished more so now because of this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot speak for the rest of Halo. I've read this thread and have no idea what "bloom", TU or vanilla Reach is. I pretty much play Swat full time with a very small mix of FF in to get a daily challenge or three. All that I really care about is that during the last update, Pinnacle and Uncaged, two very popular maps, were removed with no notification to the average Swat player. So for me, I'm stuck playing Asylum and Reflection a good 80% of the time, with a scattering of Countdown, Zealot and Sword Base thrown in. This gets old very quickly and I for one want to bang my head against the wall after about the 10th game in a row of Reflection! :wallbash:

The OP asked "Is 343i ruining Halo:Reach?" Based on my Halo:Reach experience, I'd have to say yes unfortunately. Removing those maps AND giving us no new ones makes the Halo:Reach Swat experience no fun anymore. I haven't played much since the update and I bet a lot of people feel the same way.. Playing the same maps over and over again becomes tedious and well, I honestly have better ways to waste my time.

If anyone feels the same, in the Halo:Reach forum I have a thread titled "Bring back Pinnacle and Uncaged in Team Swat!!!!". Please comment on that to help try and bring back those maps so we can get our Swat fun back!

Is 343 ruining Halo: Reach?

Sadly the answer is yes. Bloom is good! Why would they remove it? It seperates the noobs from the pros. Only 300 people play the TU Beta. Why? IT SUCKS. Notice how every playlist that gets the title update subsequently loses the majority of it's players. Every update has made the game worse. I hope 343 gets the message and stops ruining Halo: Reach. If any 343 staff is reading this, PLEASE STOP. YOU'VE ALREADY SCREWED UP HALO:REACH ENOUGH.

Bungie was SOOOO much better.

Please stop. It was amazing and now it's getting worse.

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETARRRRRRRRRRRDOOOOOOOOOOOOO

343 IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

/Topic

Sir, you're thread is completlely biast. All I can give you is opinions and facts but I will, however, do my best to explain to you how biast this topic is. You are only looking at the negatives, let us take a look at the plus sides, and after affects of updating Halo Reach.

First of all, I don't know about your gameplay style, but I became easily frustrated with the bloom at some points on Reach. The DMR simply bloomed to much, and the Human assault rifle was, for once, useless. Now, I'm not a bad player, I average 2.0 k/d ratio since the update from 343i improved some things. I love the title update, to be honest, I think perhaps you are just frustrated because you die more from good players that loved using the DMR. The weapons have greatly improved since. Bashing through shields was always a Halo thing, but before the update, you had to punch twice, 1 for the shield, and another 2 for Health. Sometimes the shield would be a centimeter towards depletion and you would still have to punch out the shields! Bullocks! Now, with the update, there aren't so many overpowered weapons anymore in Reach, regarding the dmr. The Banshee used to be a heart stopper for those who simply got slaughtered. Now, we can take out a Banshee easily, and more ground fighting (similar to Halo 2 and 3) can be done.

Secondly, I think you do not give enough details and FACTUAL information as to why you think 343 "sucks". Are you aware of Halo CE Anniverary? It is the GREATEST remake of all time? AND 343 was behind it. Also, after Bungie day, I saw a MAJOR decrease in players, I sat in my seat (practically) as I watched Halo Reach die slowly. With updates, 343i revived Halo Reach; before there were (at most) 35,000 players online before 343i update Halo Reach to meet the demands of the community. AFTER the update 120,000 people play Halo Reach daily? Why is this? Because 343 did a wonderful job! Let's take, for instance, the Title Updates for several playlists that NEEDED these updates, like Team Slayer, BTB, Objective, and living dead. These playlists could've easily been fixed by Bungie, all the problems with the unbalance of Halo Reach caused gamers to recede from halo because of simply being boring. But now it's fun! It's better than ever! And with friends, I can play for hours on end again!

Finally, there is a skill you must have to be a gamer. ADAPTATION. Although your testimony is vague about where you see the problems. ZB Slayer was simply made to accomodate a community's opinion. If the community likes it, it will be done, if not, 343 knows what to do then. As for me, Swat literally takes no such skill (in my opinion), I get too many kills, too easily in Swat. I consider Swat as a safe haven for "those who want to get away from raging at Call of Duty". It is NOT Halo (again my opinion). Why don't you try other game types? Of course you are going to get mad if you play the same thing over and over! Because then you focus on small factors like "omfg! He's a CAMPER!" and other such illogical quanderies.

343i has definitely improved Halo. And with Halo 4 coming out in November. I am ready to see what 343i has in store for us Halo fans.

• Like 2

I love the updates they are bringing, but I also do not like some of their decisions. For instance, no matter how dumb it was to be a zombie on Sword Base, that map was one of the funnest. And Pinnacle and Uncaged were some of the funnest maps for SWAT. They shouldn't get rid of maps with out more approval from us. Just my say on this.

Then why is everyone in the forums saying that either they don't mind the changes, or that they actually LIKE the changes? And unless you are sponsored by a company to play Halo, then you are not a pro. And before you say "You aren't good in Reach" to me, maybe you should check my stats. Not the k/d part, or my rank, but perhaps my spread on the DMR, or how many headshot medals I have. I KNOW what I am talking about with bullet spread. Unless it's at long range (which most DMR duels are at medium to close range) then a spammer will beat a pacer every time. All you do is point and fire as fast as you can. When the bullets go straight, and the DMR stops acting like an AR, then a person who is good at a 5 shot will kill someone who is just spamming the torso shots every time. Now, I agree that there should be bloom (because even without bloom there is still a bit of bullet spread) but the original bullet spread was just ridiculous. There are normal human beings that can fire a better pattern than that crap. And I know what you are talking about by "those who don't like the TU" (either the waypoint or bungie forums, right?), but those are the ones who don't know what exactly is IN the TU, and are just complaining because they heard someone who thought they knew what they were talking about and decided that they didn't like it without even playing it. And the population has been on decline since BF3 and MW3 came out. Reach wasn't made to compete with THOSE games, it was made to compete with BF2 and Black Ops.

bad opening statement. not everyone on the forums represents all the players (myself included) that plays halo. as for the players who heard from their sister's boyfriends mom's aunt's grandparent's blah-blah-blah, that is equally rediculous. i am quite displeased w/the TU period. what's even lamer tho is that 343 lost the vote against vanilla & yet forced TU down our throats by incorporating into every other venture a la super slayer & so on & so on. so the voting won us vanilla team slayer yet cost us all the other game types. yay. the majority (of players & not **** forum users) wanted vanilla, won the vote & yet we still lost. i'd be content if it was all or nothing either way to be honest. i can't wait for halo 4 bc hopefully 343 won't **** it up by switching things around rediculously.

I agree with Jester. The only real changes are to bloom, damage bleedthrough, and nerfing Armor Lock.

Bloom works better now because players are more likely to win against spammers by pacing their shots than they were previously, as pacing was just too slow to the kill, regardless of how much more likely shots were to hit.

Melee bleedthrough should have been shipped with the game to begin with. Frankly, it's a terrible idea that someone who has a single point of shield left should have the same amount of health in melee terms as their undamaged attacker. As long as we don't go back to the Halo 3 days where Every. Single. Kill. ended in a beatdown, this shouldn't be a problem.

Armor Lock needed nerfing. Don't even bother contesting this.

As for removing the sword block... I don't see how it's a problem. They have a weapon that works at spitting distance. You have a gun which can hit at any range. Just stay away from them, at the very least they're going to get hurt closing the distance. No other power weapon can be countered by anyone at all from the word go, and the sword has always been a high risk/high reward weapon. Cutting the reward and raising the risk just spoils the balance.

armor lock didn't need nerfing. i'll gladly contest anyone on this one. just bc you cry when you get beat down by an armor locker doesn't mean you & all the others gotta go cry about it. i can use all the abilties & get my kills just fine. all i need is an AR. i kill armor lockers too just fine by timing them & psyching them out. i hear tons of cry babies online all the time crying to others about the armor lockers but nothing about the other abilities & altho the camo, jet pack & sprint is just as **** & was used just as **** as the one's that are complaining about the armor lockers. give it up, you suck so all you can do is cry about it. it's there for you to use too bit i know, i know, you don't want to be a "lame armor lock user". hears a bucket for your tears.

Listen, Go play CoD, it's the only thing that I can think of now that would even stand a SMALL chance on Halo. I think I can say this forum has had enough of these hating trolls, we've gotten your message, okay? The TU sucks to you, we get it! Most of us here are probably loving the TU. I know I love it, It's makin' things easier. IMO the only thing they made completely suck is Armor Lock. But this is just me, please no one else quote this and start spamming me flame, I've said, what I've said.

i think you sound rather trollish myself. glad the majority here likes TU altho it lost to players who play the game online. sorry you don't like dissenters. your loss.

If anything the TU does separate the good players from the bad more so than vanilla Reach did. The people who pace now are rewarded more often than they were pre-update, and spammers seem to be punished more often because of it. It seems that those who spam have less of a chance of scoring a kill now, thanks to the reduction in bloom and quicker resetting reticule. I don't know where you heard that most people don't like the title update, but I'd love to see where you got that information from.

i know you posted this a while back but in regards to the "most people don't like TU", how about the fact that it lost the vote to vanilla?

Its always funny to me when people complain about the TU ruining Reach. Its like their oblivious to how much people hate vanilla reach and how many people left because Bungie refused to update their game. You can still find the vids on youtube of avid fans begging for bloom and armor lock to be fixed or threatening to leave. Plus people are starting to come back, the population has doubled and is continuing to grow.

Im loving 343i. I really love Anniversary, both campaign and multiplayer, I like the TU updates, even if theyre small for now, I love the playlist updates, especially for living dead, and I love how their doing this slowly to gauge how the changes are liked by the community. Right now their doing more for Reach than bungie ever did.

1st paragraph: those youtube raging fans complaining about armor lock are noobs that get beat by it & cry about it like it's soo unfair. grow a set. frankly i wish a lot of the cry babies would leave bc there are a lot of them. i like to mess w/them back, specially when i don't use armor lock, that they were even gheyer for using sprint to run away, jet pack to spray the needler & camo to camo snipe. i really don't care but i like to make them look like the little tools they are when they complain about something that they got beat by altho they were just as bad about using their ability to get kills. ok so you run away from getting killed, jetpack & needle or camo snipe yet you got beat by an armor locker. ohh lord, let's get the bucket of tears out. lmao.

i know you posted this a while back but in regards to the "most people don't like TU", how about the fact that it lost the vote to vanilla?

What you are referring to is the vote to see whether or not Team Slayer would keep vanilla Reach settings or if it would have the TU settings applied. They found that a lot of people liked Vanilla Reach and a lot of people like the Title Update, so they decided to keep Team Slayer pre-TU and created a Team Slayer playlist for those who preferred the Title Update (Super Slayer). What's the issue here? You have plenty of playlists to play Vanilla settings in, and so do those who like the Title Update.

. i like to mess w/them back, specially when i don't use armor lock, that they were even gheyer for using sprint to run away, jet pack to spray the needler & camo to camo snipe. i really don't care but i like to make them look like the little tools they are when they complain about something that they got beat by altho they were just as bad about using their ability to get kills. ok so you run away from getting killed, jetpack & needle or camo snipe yet you got beat by an armor locker. ohh lord, let's get the bucket of tears out. lmao.

Camo sniping isnt wrong, infact thats the smartest way to use the sniper. The whole point of the sniper is to be hidden and silently take out people from a distance. Not being an idiot going close up, in plain sight, and dying...over and over again. So thats why camo+sniping is the proper way of using a sniper.

• Like 1

actually, i disagree. they took squad slayer & replaced it w/team slayer. big team is TU as well. if 343 woul've just went 100% either way then i wouldn't have my qualms. we won vanill yet still lost so why have a vote? mutliplayer is cluttered now. there is no pleasing everyone yet they are trying by giving us a mixed bag & a 50% rate of happiness. i'm a make a new post. i really don't wish to bash but i see a lot of self-proclaimed gods here.

Camo sniping isnt wrong, infact thats the smartest way to use the sniper. The whole point of the sniper is to be hidden and silently take out people from a distance. Not being an idiot going close up, in plain sight, and dying...over and over again. So thats why camo+sniping is the proper way of using a sniper.

i didn't say it was wrong. try reading 1st, it works. like i'm a noob & i need to be told how to snipe lol. i just using it as an example to the people who like to crybaby about armor lock. like to point out that the one's crying & complaining have just as much that can be complained against them, in-game mechanics. i camo snipe, i sprint, i jetpack & rocket/needle/dmr. i do it all. but really, the AA i use is typically decided by the map that is chosen. want to get back at armor lockers? then use it against them. now that is hilarious! use what you want, idc. i guarantee i will get my kills. just give me an AR. i'm not bragging, i'm just saying a lot is being made over armor lock when it shouldn't be. it is an awesome AA if in a working team or if all of your team quits.

I honestly find TU better. As someone said (My apologies for not knowing) was that TU separates the good players from the bad. You must be an annoying little kid who sings into his microphone during a game, because they are the only people who are usually bad. Most people dislike TU? If that was true, 343i would not have it. The majority of players dislike it? Then the majority of players are 9/10 year old noobs. Why would 343i make they're game something players don't want? That is pointless! IF all 343i cared about was making money, they would at least make the game the players want. By the looks of Halo 4, that is not the case. So far, Halo 4 looks perfect. The only way I can change my mind about that is if Chief dies at the end, like all of the Noble Team.

Armor Lock is not that bad, nor hard to kill. If you are good, you will know the way around AL.

If you are in a Ghost, and an enemy is just standing there, facing your direction, he most likely has Armor Lock.

boost towards him, but don't splatter him. When you are 10 ft away from him, stop your Ghost. He instinctively goes into AL. Wait for him at that point, and then charge for him. It is actually very simple, unless you are a noob. Also, AL is great for team games. If you are on low health, you can AL, and wait for your team. Even if someone doesn't come to save you, at least you tried. So really, it is more noobs who dislike Armor Lock than good players. Most people who post stupid post/topics about 343i even spell like children. Stop trying to make a difference like Adolf Hitler, aimed in the bad direction. You are not doing anything but making a fool of yourself, and wasting peoples time by posting pathetic posts about 343i. There are enough of these posts hating on 343i, so save your time.

I honestly find TU better. As someone said (My apologies for not knowing) was that TU separates the good players from the bad. You must be an annoying little kid who sings into his microphone during a game, because they are the only people who are usually bad. Most people dislike TU? If that was true, 343i would not have it. The majority of players dislike it? Then the majority of players are 9/10 year old noobs. Why would 343i make they're game something players don't want? That is pointless! IF all 343i cared about was making money, they would at least make the game the players want. By the looks of Halo 4, that is not the case. So far, Halo 4 looks perfect. The only way I can change my mind about that is if Chief dies at the end, like all of the Noble Team.

Armor Lock is not that bad, nor hard to kill. If you are good, you will know the way around AL.

If you are in a Ghost, and an enemy is just standing there, facing your direction, he most likely has Armor Lock.

boost towards him, but don't splatter him. When you are 10 ft away from him, stop your Ghost. He instinctively goes into AL. Wait for him at that point, and then charge for him. It is actually very simple, unless you are a noob. Also, AL is great for team games. If you are on low health, you can AL, and wait for your team. Even if someone doesn't come to save you, at least you tried. So really, it is more noobs who dislike Armor Lock than good players. Most people who post stupid post/topics about 343i even spell like children. Stop trying to make a difference like Adolf Hitler, aimed in the bad direction. You are not doing anything but making a fool of yourself, and wasting peoples time by posting pathetic posts about 343i. There are enough of these posts hating on 343i, so save your time.

you talking to me or the OP? i find TU actually makes bad players good w/the lessening in bloom. 1 clip AR kills? rediculous. most people do dislike TU. it's a fact. it lost the vote, not on this forum site maybe but where it counted, on the actual game. i like the question about "why would 343i make their game something players don't want?" good question considering they are doing that now w/TU that lost the vote.

I 110% agree w/your AL statement.

you talking to me or the OP? i find TU actually makes bad players good w/the lessening in bloom. 1 clip AR kills? rediculous. most people do dislike TU. it's a fact. it lost the vote, not on this forum site maybe but where it counted, on the actual game. i like the question about "why would 343i make their game something players don't want?" good question considering they are doing that now w/TU that lost the vote.

I 110% agree w/your AL statement.

You keep referencing this vote, but all it applied to was Team Slayer. It wasn't a vote held to determine the overall opinion on the Title Update. People voted by picking whichever they wanted to play. Some people may not have liked the TU, others may have not known what the TU was and so they didn't choose it, and others could have simply not cared either way. 343 Industries decided to keep Team Slayer Pre-TU, and they removed Squad Slayer to add a Team Slayer playlist with the Title Update. You've still got your Pre-TU Team Slayer playlist, what is the issue here? If more people prefer Vanilla Reach like you said, it shouldn't matter if they still have TU as a voting option in Team Slayer because (since you said that most prefer Vanilla Reach) it won't get voted for or at least not enough to really become a nuisance.