343i's changes to Halo 5 in response to Beta feedback, and Beta Stats

I_Make_Big_Boom

Approve of everything. The Sprint being toggleable is HUGE. Truly glad that they are listening as much as they are.

Also:

• Punish quitters with CSR penalties and matchmaking bans

UC9Ws9u.jpg You AGAIN!? *RAGE*

Edited by rrhuntington
  • Like 1

I'm glad to heat the SPNKR is coming back but a 'legendary variant'? what does that mean? maybe we'll get the choice of seeing the standard or classic variations of weapons in game?

Legendary Weapons are special variations of the regular weapons in Halo 5. So far we have these:

Energy Sword (Halo 4 version)

Prophet's Bane (special overhauled Golden Sword with a hand guard like Halo Wars' swords)

Rocket Launcher (overhauled Halo 5 design that lacks a double barrel)

*Specially named SPNKr Rocket Launcher* (old Rocket Launcher from the previous games, as indicated by the pic of one on Waypoint)

These Legendary Weapons spawn on specific maps. Prophet's Bane spawns on Truth (Midship remake).

Edited by Self Destruct
  • Like 1

Legendary Weapons are special variations of the regular weapons in Halo 5. So far we have these:

Energy Sword (Halo 4 version)

Prophet's Bane (special overhauled Golden Sword with a hand guard like Halo Wars' swords)

Rocket Launcher (overhauled Halo 5 design that lacks a double barrel)

*Specially named SPNKr Rocket Launcher* (old Rocket Launcher from the previous games, as indicated by the pic of one on Waypoint)

These Legendary Weapons spawn on specific maps. Prophet's Bane spawns on Truth (Midship remake).

If I had to choose a style of weapon to be put into Halo 5: Guardians, I would choose the Halo 2A style SMG, that version of it looks good. But as always they make Anniversaries of the old Halo games, so I can't wait for Halo 3 Anniversary and Halo 3 ODST Anniversary (hopefully they make these, that'd be awesome!). 

• Like 1

Most of the changes to the purely cosmetic and atmospheric things (Callouts, pregame and endgame animations, and the like) Perplex me. I seriously cannot understand how people are against characters in the game having.... Oh, what's the word.... OH YEAH! CHARACTER.

Well, I didn't participate in the Beta, but now I'm pretty much looking forward to H5G all over again.

Love that they're giving the SPNKr its rightful "Legendary" status.

The tacky (not to mention juvenile) animations at the beginning/end of matches doesn't need to exist, period. kthxbai

I'm surprised at how many options they're going to be adding. Post-death replay one actually kind of impresses me.

Happy they actually listened to feedback; wouldn't expect there to be enough feedback for them to toggle abilities and chatter.

what's the word.... OH YEAH! CHARACTER.

Because people seem to believe Spartan IV's are like Spartan IIs, and shouldn't talk, and be monotone robots in MP. "BECUZ SPRTANS DON"T DU DAT!"

Spartan IVs may lack the talent that Spartan IIs have, but they have more soul.

• Like 2

Because people seem to believe Spartan IV's are like Spartan IIs, and shouldn't talk, and be monotone robots in MP. "BECUZ SPRTANS DON"T DU DAT!"

Spartan IVs may lack the talent that Spartan IIs have, but they have more soul.

Exactly. They weren't stolen as children, as was the case with the II's, they're Marines and ODSTs, and anyone who's played ANY of the Halo games knows the Marines are downright silly.

• Like 2

Halo 5 is shaping up to a game I will really like. Even more so with this ability to toggle off Sprint and Spartan Abilities in custom games :drool:

I'm interested to see Legacy gametypes and map remakes using Halo 5 as a base. I'm sure this is really going to cheer most of the community up. 

• Like 1

Looks good to me. Too bad about those little cinematics at the end and beginning, I liked those. Depicts the Spartan IV mentality really well.

Nice to see some option getting a toggle for people who like and and people who don't. 343i has done an outstanding job with this imo.

Shall I promote this a 3rd time...?

Great job SD!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im so glad the "Duebro" is gone, and the option to turn off killcam is great. Less medals is great too but honestly I think they should have made a ribbon system for most of the medals and for ribbons dont display on screen because they arent as rewarding or watever. Turning off spartan chatter is a plus for me too, I personally dont like it. This is all great and sheesh they really did listen

As a diehard Reach fan (addict), the H5 Beta initially looks too much like H4 (which I absolutely hated). However, as an optimist who really wants any excuse to fall in love with another Halo installment, these changes sound encouraging and actually address some of my complaints.

To be fair, I don't have the MCC and didn't participate in the beta. So my remaining issues with H5 are just from viewing gameplay. But for anyone at 343 that wants to listen, here they are:

1. I hope "lighting improvements" includes toning down the glare a little bit, or at least allow it in visual settings without making the rest of the setting too dark.

2. I think the commentator needs rerecording, not just "general tuning." The guy sounds like he's announcing from a toilet in a tunnel.

3. Is there any bloom? I saw the reticle change during trigger pulls but I couldn't tell if that was H5's version of bloom or just fancy detail. I know many players may disagree, but imo a little bloom prevents a lot of sloppy AR insta-kills and noob DMR spamming.

4. Red-Blue sides should alternate throughout any round-based game to ensure balance.

5. Frags leave some sort of waist-high CG ghost (saw it on Breakout). If that's just part of the beta, fix it. If it's intentional, lose it.

6. Where the assassination visuals? I didn't see them in any videos. 

7. I don't agree with highlighting placed/dropped weapons, and I'm not sure how I feel about power weapon spawn announcements. I know it may encourage more engagement, but it also takes away a huge advantage of map knowledge and doesn't reward those players that bother to pay attention to spawn times.

8. I hope "Modifications to the motion tracker" means it will be more like the one in Reach... just my personal preference.

9. The Spartans look a little better than what I remember from H4, but they still look a little bit like toy dolls. Improve armor and make them look more realistic (like real people could actually fit under that armor). It's better than H4, you're almost there!

10. I don't have a problem with the dudebro animations. This is MATCHMAKING guys; the Spartans' behavior doesn't have to be consistent with canon. Those animations are intended to reflect the foolishness of us, the fun shenanigans of players, not characters from any storyline. I say double down: let us see some celebratory in-zone dances, a point-and-teabag combo, whatever. Have fun with it. :-)

Either way, after getting burned on H4, I don't plan to invest $400+ on an XBox 1 and Halo 5 until after heavy research and reflection after release. But speaking for many Reach fans that also hated H4, considering our own tastes could go along way towards getting us on board.