Sniper : is change better?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new sniper look?

• Love it!
    • Not really :/
    • Bring the original back!!
    • Don't care
  2. 2. Do you like the new sniper sound?

Hey guys i was wondering what are your opinions on the sniper in halo 4? We have so far seen the sniper at the mlg tournament at e3, the RTX, and in this little clip. So far i like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuFKB3s3lyY&list=UUdnbmtBwMzOjYVG6SsLIq-g&index=0&feature=plcp

The sniper look is different from the past games now, but i'm diggin the new "Microwave" look! i Like the new sniper sound more now that 343 added an echo effect to the shots making it feel more similar and familiar to the original sniper. So far i think the change has brought complete justice to the sniper, and not making it sounds like just any regular sniper lol. Also the firing rate is not sped up, its just the ability the player has that makes his movements faster, and the gun faster. (Supossively in this clip the sniper is suppresed but i don't think so lol.) And btw, the Spartan lazer is hooot!!! :laughing:

It sounds like it should. Powerful as heck. I dont care for the new look though :/

I agree. I'm not sure of the new look myself. It looks kind of... short? I also miss the green screen. I dunno about you, but I'd use the screen from time to time to challenge myself a bit.

I agree. I'm not sure of the new look myself. It looks kind of... short? I also miss the green screen. I dunno about you, but I'd use the screen from time to time to challenge myself a bit.

I like the look and the function of the green screen in previous halo games as well. The one thing that puts me off with the new look is the addition of the physical scope. It is really unecessary due to the fact spartans have the weapon's scope shown on their hud.

I do like the new hud though. The reticle is really cool.

I personally feel that this Sniper looks like it is going to replace Reach's unskilled Sniper and be the Halo 3's skilled Sniper. In some of the MLG gameplay and original gameplay that I have seen, the Sniper looks more like Halo 3's style play. It looks very skilled and hard to use which I feel is great. I hate Reach's Sniper, and everyone who suggests they are excellent with it.

Stupid wretched aim assist.

I personally feel that this Sniper looks like it is going to replace Reach's unskilled Sniper and be the Halo 3's skilled Sniper. In some of the MLG gameplay and original gameplay that I have seen, the Sniper looks more like Halo 3's style play. It looks very skilled and hard to use which I feel is great. I hate Reach's Sniper, and everyone who suggests they are excellent with it.

Stupid wretched aim assist.

I think you are right with the sniper acting more lije Halo 3's sniper. They are probably going to try to bring up the competitive edge with the UNSC weapins and then have the new forerunner weapons have a more casual feel.

the sound is getting there in sence of making it match the calibre but it needs more thud and echo. also the new scope doesnt look as good, i liked the little screen, but made it hard to see how the spartan would actually scope if it were real, the new scope gets more realism to the scoping.

It looks like the sniper has improved EVERYTHING about the sniper for Halo 4. I also think taking out the sniper bloom of Halo Reach will be an improvement to the gameplay as well.

Bloom in Reach was totally visual unless you had bottomless clip. It had no point. I saw a vid of Halo 4 that had it as well, but they may take it out.

• 2 weeks later...

The sniper looks like someone spent way too much time on it

Is that a bad thing? Remember, this is over 500 years in the future, so it's going to look pretty sci-fi. Aside from the body of the gun being a bit too short and the lack of the green screen, I think it looks like they spent just the right amount of time on it.