A quick question for sprint fans

Jazzii Man

What will you do if sprint is not in Halo 5?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do if sprint is not in Halo 5?

• I will continue playing Halo just as much as I would if sprint was still in the game.
    • I will stop playing Halo.
    • I will play less than I would do had sprint stayed in the game.
    • Other (please state)

Putting aside whether or not we think sprint should be in the game, and putting aside whether or not we think it will be in the game, how would you guys react if Halo 5 Guardians didn't have sprint?

Would you be unhappy but continue playing as normal? Would it actually worsen the experience to the point that you'd play significantly less? Would you play less campaign and more multiplayer?

• Like 1

I wouldn't care honestly. I like sprint, but if 343i decided it didn't need to be in the game then oh well. I just want Halo 5 to be fun to play and if its fun to play with or without spring that is all that matters to me.

Interesting question though. 

• Like 2

Sprint is just one aspect of the game, and no offense to people who would quit Halo because Sprint was no longer there, but I think you'd be stupid to do that. I wouldn't care, as anybody with sense would say.

is she lying though?.........................................................nope lol it made it a little more intense i feel but halo is halo and none the less it is a franchise i will follow to the end unfortunately and would love to do so.

Interesting answers guys! What about stuff like Flinch and other stuff that was introduced and caused controversy? Also, is there a feature that could be added which would ruin the game so much it would make you stop playing?

Probably ADSing. (Aiming Down Sights) I understand it for scoped weapons, but it should never be on automatic weapons.

Even then though, I doubt I would stop playing Campaign. MP though, may have gotten a little out of control if it reached the point above.

For me, Sprint isn't a particularly big deal one way or the other. I prefer having it over not having it as I like the increased speed and mobility it provides, but if it were taken out, I'd just adapt.

Interesting answers guys! What about stuff like Flinch and other stuff that was introduced and caused controversy? Also, is there a feature that could be added which would ruin the game so much it would make you stop playing?

Flinch doesn't really bother me too much. A lot of people complain that they'd rather be scoped out than have their aim jump around, but the thing is that if that's what you want, you can just scope out manually. Personally, I prefer flinch over descoping as I think it makes combat more skill-based, since descoping hands far too big an advantage to the player who landed the first shot, but while if it were removed I'd be disappointed, it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me.

There are only two things that would really ruin Halo for me, and those would be moving toward ADS-style gunplay (which I'm just bored of), and re-introducing the kind of button combos, glitches and exploits that were so prevalent in Halo 2 and which completely ruined what would otherwise have been an okay game.

• Like 1

Taking out sprint entirely just seems like too big a step back to me. I can see options/ game types where sprint was disabled but to take it out altogether would be a mistake. 

The core game did need to be modified to stay relevant in the sea of other games/ shooters and including sprint was just one way to do that. That said if there was no sprint I'd be pretty upset 

as a gamer and designer. I might still get it because I have all the halos but seriously I'd question 343's sanity and ability to develop games.

I'd be alright if it wasn't in Halo 5, but my god... having to walk around without being able to Sprint in the other Halos was such a PAIN! I know that's how other people like it, but I don't think sprintless is for me. But I can adapt if I need to if it's gone.

I think the best option would be to have the option to have or not have it in Halo 5. Playlists with it, and without it and etc.