What's the story behind YOUR gamertag?

PhoenixStone

So what's the story behind your guys' gamertags?

Mine evolved. I don't remember what it first was when I bought my Xbox three years ago, but I changed it to AurorStone (Harry Potter reference there) and then one day while I was waiting in the Matchmaking lobby for a BTB game to start, three guys started making fun of my gamertag and trying to psych me out before the match started. I'm ashamed to say that this pre-game gang bang tactic of theirs worked, and I didn't play Halo Reach or Halo 4 for a week.

I wanted a gamertag that sounded cool, so that I wouldn't get made fun of by random strangers. I changed Auror to Phoenix, because I was born in Phoenix, AZ. Thus, PhoenixStone.

post-79233-0-38013200-1392317954.jpg

• Like 1

Well almost 3 years ago on a late April night, I sat in my room. The wind was blowing, the windows were rattling, and I had to pee really bad. But none of that mattered, because this 13 year old boy had just opened up the box of a brand new Xbox 360 Slim. I pulled the glimmering hardware out of the box, careful not to damage any piece of this amazing piece of art. I looked at the controller, it flickered to life, displaying a bright green glow that I could not possibly forget. 

The console hummed to life with the sound of all its intricate parts working in such unison that one could hardly behold. I went through the menus! Typed in my name! Connected to Wi-Fi! It put Nintendo to Shame! 

Then I did it. I pressed down on 'A' and I watched the screen cycle through hundreds, maybe thousands of names. -Then it stopped-

My name had been chosen. This is finished. I am, BZ1.

• Like 5

It was a dark and spooky night. The wind was blowing, the rain was pouring and the wolfs were howling and i was thinking about bathbombs for whatever reason and i shouted randomly "FIZ EM" and i changed my gamertag to F1ZM and there is my back story of how i got my gamertag.

Okay here is mine

XBL Well I was in the market for a new GT and so was watching ( when it was good) Fails of the weak there was one guy there called Caboose D Ace I liked that and so that night called myself Caboose D Ace

PSN well I put the name down Caboose the Ace turns out you could not have spaces to I put Caboose ....it was taken so I put Ranger ....didn't work so then I put down Ranger447 and there you go .......

I do wish I called myself Ranger117 instead but oh well. :D

On another site I used to make comics. When I started a serious comic series, I needed a name for the main character. Being a Transformers fan, I had already decided his name would end in Prime (though the meaning of Prime in that comic's story was quite different from its meaning in Transformers) but I needed something else, something original, that could complete the name. My name starts with A in real life, so I decided to give him a name that also started with A.

I first thought of Axilos, then decided it looked better as Axilus. So, the character Axilus Prime was created, and I changed my name on that site to that as well. (It was quite common for comic makers on that site to have the same name as the main character in their comics.)

Axilus Prime has been my username on every site I've joined since that day, and it's even been my new email address. So, naturally, when the time came to create a gamertag, I had that name ready. Thankfully it's a name no one else has ever used on the internet pretty much anywhere. (No, really, if you google it everything that shows up relates to me in the general results section, and in the images section the first few things that pop up are all from this site.)

• Like 1

When I got on XBL I already had something something in mind with Peanut. And because one of my friends had called himself UneaseJ0k3r I decided to go with Unease P34nut

• Like 1

I was just trying to come up with something that looked cool, and on matchmaking, I met this guy called "Jigsaw" so I figured "Hmm, I bet I could come up with a way to make that name look cool" so I did. It was a random word, but this gamertag has stuck with me ever since, and I can't see myself changing it any time soon.

I was just trying to come up with something that looked cool, and on matchmaking, I met this guy called "Jigsaw" so I figured "Hmm, I bet I could come up with a way to make that name look cool" so I did. It was a random word, but this gamertag has stuck with me ever since, and I can't see myself changing it any time soon.

HAHA if there is a jigsaw i wonder if there is someone out there with the GT Huffman in stead of Hoffman lol probabbly a stoner tag tho xD

• 2 weeks later...

One of my names is Angel so tried that out but was then greeted with message that names can be taken and unusable once reserved. So tried my nickname "Archangel" and that was taken so I thought back to the movie I had watched the night before and tried Nicholas Angel... That was taken. Nick Angel was taken, Lone Survivor was taken, Earl Grey, Lipton and pretty much every name I thought of until I entered Kane Dog Days (I had been playing a lot of Kane & Lynch lately). That was my gamertag for awhile till the night I had seen the Grindhouse film Death Proof and I thought "damn, I wonder if that's taken". I tried it out and sure it was so I just added the movie I watched after the Grindhouse feature and there you go... My name is DEATH PROOF 300, nice to meet you.

Pretty simple explanation, really. My gamertag is xx Femme xx. I am a woman. The double X stands for the XX chromosome makeup of the female. The word "femme" means "woman" in French.

Even though my gamertag shouts "YES, I AM A WOMAN", I STILL get messaged and asked "Are you a girl?" Ugh...

Gotta love the Xbox Live community...

Pretty simple explanation, really. My gamertag is xx Femme xx. I am a woman. The double X stands for the XX chromosome makeup of the female. The word "femme" means "woman" in French.

Even though my gamertag shouts "YES, I AM A WOMAN", I STILL get messaged and asked "Are you a girl?" Ugh...

Gotta love the Xbox Live community...

haha, maybe people don't understand French?

I got E in French so i didn't know Femme meant woman xD

After being utterly destroyed that most of my common usernames were already snatched up by some random person who-knows-where, I gave myself a good half-hour to scour through the recesses of the endless void that is my mind.

Looking back to my old days with some f2p fps, I finally rested on Tremulous (An old, but amazingly good fps with rts elements, sorta like natural selection 2). So after rating myself based on that game, which I was did pretty damn amazingly at, I finally rested on TREM PRO.

Don't ask why it's all caps, I couldn't tell you if I wanted.

Well...

It is a story I don't like to tell, it brings back bad... and terrible memories. It was the day... that Christmas day that I got my Xbox 360 pro bundle which included Forza III, Headset, Controller, and the HD component cables. I then opened up Halo 3, and I was overjoyed... my dreams came true! It was the first game I played on my first Xbox 360, I was given a random generated user name... it was something along the lines of "SaharaMouse91"... I entered my first game, and got made fun of, called nasty names, got sent hate messages, and the people were modding and using lag switches in order to make sure I didn't do well. I didn't even have a chance because I was judged by my username and didn't have a chance.

I cried hard for a very long time. I fell into a deep depression and was placed into a mental hospital because my parents couldn't figure out what was wrong with me and what was causing my depression. The nasty box mashed potatoes and he rubbery "grilled" chicken breast and the under-cooked peas were not that fun. On top of that, there were open showers similar to a HS locker room shower. You had no privacy... not when showering, and not when using the bathroom. It was a dark place in my life. 

They sent me home after 4 months of constant mental therapy. But even though they thought I was fine, inside....

I was still in a dark place.

Then it happened.... I had a breakthrough. I was watching the movie "Taken" starring Liam Neeson, and I saw how he took revenge on the people that hurt him and kidnapped his daughter. All of a sudden, I wanted to take revenge on those who hurt me and tried to make me feel bad. So I did it.... I decided to change my Gamer Tag to "Total Mayhem" however.... that name was taken. I tried "Total-Mayhem".... taken.... So I tried "Total Mayh3m" and all of a sudden.... it worked. My new name would echo the mantra I would hold for the rest of my XBL time... I would cause Total Mayh3m to all who hurt and harmed me. Thus, when I play against people... they know what they are getting.

~The End~

eh only like 5% of that is true...

I got a 360 Pro bundle and Halo 3, signed up and went though many different options for Total Mayhem and settled on Total Mayh3m. 

• Like 4

I was trying to come up with a new gamertag since I didn't like "Turtle Vs Puppy" (my old one) and my friend suggested Warm Bnus and we laughed for hours and it wasn't taken so I took it and haven't wanted to change it since. 

• Like 1

It was something to do with League of Legends involving electricity. I came up with ShockGazm back when I was making my steam account, I have no idea how I actually came up with ShockGazm other than I like the sound of it and thought it was cool... I still like it and think it's sorta cool. ^_^ I've had this gamertag for around 3 years now.

Screenshot_10.png

LOL, not really. :P

My story was when I was muuuuch younger, still in Serbia.... when I used to think we were all wired up and had electrical wires and works in our bodies instead of organic tissues.... hence the heart zapper. I called it the 'Spark of life'... best translation and I stuck with that name. Plus electrical science is the best science.... #TeslaCoil XD

Nah, Tesla had nothing to do with it.... and yeah. :P

.... But the 918 is spot on.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

My Gamertag is From Cardfight Vanguard the TV show which is on Youtube. And Blaster Dark is my avatar in a clan called shadow paladins there are many different clans in the world of cardfight vanguard. Its a trading card Game like Yugioh and magic the gathering except more fun and easier to learn and cheaper.