Conjectures: Cortana will be replaced by... Guilty Spark!?

Did4ct

There is no evidence to support this theory except how 343i has set up the plot of Halo 4.

Theory: 343 Guilty Spark will become Chief's AI

-With the deterioration of Cortana, Chief will have dependency issues

-When she dies, he will need a new AI

-343 Guilty Spark, who is not in his monitor body, has highjacked a UNSC ship in search of the Librarian who is the wife of the Didact

-The Didact will probably be a major character in Halo 4 given the evidence from the E3 trailer

-Spark will probably find the Librarian and bring back the her back to the Didact, and Chief will probably be with him

-In the presence of his creators Spark will have a change of heart and side with the Chief to defeat a greater threat that will require a combined effort of these Four, and Spark will do something (I'm not sure what) that is significant enough for 343 Industries to name themselves after. (this plot sets up nicely)

*Keep in mind that Spark is the subject of all of the Halo: CEA Terminals

*I believe this is the reason for 343 Industries' mysterious name, which they said they would reveal in the trilogy.

*It's only fitting that this should happen because Spark is so deeply integrated into the Halo Story, considering he is at least 100,000 years older than Cortana, and so familiar with the Forerunners.

i dont think cortana will die until the last game of the trilogy, her deterioration and rampancy with carry on through out the trilogy and she will then die in halo 6, thats what i think and hope will happen i wouldnt like her to die so soon the next trilogy.

i dont think cortana will die until the last game of the trilogy, her deterioration and rampancy with carry on through out the trilogy and she will then die in halo 6, thats what i think and hope will happen i wouldnt like her to die so soon the next trilogy.

i agree with you i don't want to lose cortana

You kind of killed Guilty Spark in Halo 3... but interesting idea I guess.

But like Dan said if Cortana were to die Chief might not even want an AI to be with him.... because we all know he'll meet up with other Spartans. :)

You kind of killed Guilty Spark in Halo 3... but interesting idea I guess.

But like Dan said if Cortana were to die Chief might not even want an AI to be with him.... because we all know he'll meet up with other Spartans. :)

We killed Guilty Spark's physical being, a fragment of him was still loose and hijacked a UNSC ship in Primordium to find the Librarian. The Halo Universe has so many ways it could go right now all of these speculations could be insanely off

• Like 1

Technically there were hints that Master Chiefs physical composure is affected by Cortana's lifespan somehow. His rapid instinct appears dotted and not exactly smooth like before. No, Cryostasis doesn't do this or it'd be too risky to even sleep in one all day.

If he makes it through a "replacement", it'd be because Cortana is existent and resides somewhere either hiding or going crazy.

We killed Guilty Spark's physical being, a fragment of him was still loose and hijacked a UNSC ship in Primordium to find the Librarian. The Halo Universe has so many ways it could go right now all of these speculations could be insanely off

In Primordium? I thought that happened 100,000 years before 2553 where Halo 3 ends... either way don't tell me since I'm about to get the book.

interesting theory, but chief, with or without an AI companion is still a death machine. In most of halo 3 cheif doesnt even have cortana and he wrecked the covenant. im sure he would be ok on his own, but the thought of losing this famous duo is sad, assuming the end will come for cortana. it may be posible that 343 guilty spark finds the librarian and brings her to the didact. The didact would be on requiem with chief, and the librarian could fix cortana or something. just a thought

I find this theory very unlikely.

In halo 3, just to say, chief really pissed off spark. He attacked him and Johnson, and you were forced to kill his physical form. What makes any of us think he will willingly go into the chief`s armor systems, without causing havok? Like dan said, the likely next A.I. chief may have, if he so chooses, is BB.

I don't know if he will go willingly but I think he will have a change of 'heart' when he meets the Librarian again. It also makes sense seeing that their name is 343 Industries and at the end of Primordium, Spark is shown to still be alive. It fits well that Spark and Chief should become partners.

I don't think that Cortana will die, if 343 Guilty Spark appears, and sees they Cortana needs help he will probally help the chief by going inside one of the chips and be transfered into chief to help him to find a cure or something

But the downside, 343 hates master chief

• 1 month later...

I always thought Black Box had the personality to fit as a replacement. Felt like I would look like a troll if I shared that idea.

He's like Durandal. Snide, Sarcastic, bitter and passive aggressive towards humans. I like it!

first of all who is BlackBox?

and off topic from the quote: i think the idea of spark hijacking a unsc ship is quite viable, it would be cool to see if 343I will do this either as Spark in his Orb form, as a cortanana like AI programed into the armour or both.

I'm pretty sure their called 343i because they're a halo devoted studio and Spark is so deeply integrated into the story, and I do like the idea of Cortana dying at the end of Halo 5 because 343 said that title would have a darker story, so I can imagine Cortana dying, and you do all this crazy stuff to save her, but in the end she still dies and the ancient evil becomes more powerful, that would be very depressing. And then at the start of Halo 6 Chief gets a replacement AI that we don't know of yet.

First of all Chief doesn't go out of his way to get an A.I Sidekick, that would be completely stupid, second, Cortana has interacted with LOADS of forerunner and Covenant Tech, she will more then likely fins a way to increase her memory storage and power.

Not to mention that Guilty Spark has ALWAYS been a thorn in the MC's side. Tried killing him twice, AND killed Sgt Johnson, Arguably one of the MC's best "friends"

So in short, no, i dont believe 343 will EVER become the MC's "sidekick"

First of all Chief doesn't go out of his way to get an A.I Sidekick, that would be completely stupid, second, Cortana has interacted with LOADS of forerunner and Covenant Tech, she will more then likely fins a way to increase her memory storage and power.

Not to mention that Guilty Spark has ALWAYS been a thorn in the MC's side. Tried killing him twice, AND killed Sgt Johnson, Arguably one of the MC's best "friends"

So in short, no, i dont believe 343 will EVER become the MC's "sidekick"

I agree There has been so much focus on Cortanas rampancy i have a feeling that 343 are going to say you know how we having been hinting that cortanas gonna die soon. well we were just pulling your leg shes not gonna die

shes is going to come up with a genious solution so she can live.

And as Sykowolf said she has interacted with so much alien tech where AIs live for 100000 years. such as Guilty spark she would have picked up a couple of tips for preventing rampancy

I agree There has been so much focus on Cortanas rampancy i have a feeling that 343 are going to say you know how we having been hinting that cortanas gonna die soon. well we were just pulling your leg shes not gonna die

shes is going to come up with a genious solution so she can live.

And as Sykowolf said she has interacted with so much alien tech where AIs live for 100000 years. such as Guilty spark she would have picked up a couple of tips for preventing rampancy

Well i knew YOU would agree ^_^ But yeah, Cortana has been a staple character from the start, they arent gunna get rid of her from the get go.

first of all who is BlackBox?

BlackBox(Generally called BB) is a "smart" A.I. used by the Head of ONI. He is a highly logical and intelligent A.I. that could probably go toe to toe with Cortana. His avatar is that of a small cube, as he sees making a human-esque avatar to be pointless.

Also I highly doubt ONI would ever release BB for the Master Chief to use. He is a very important A.I. to them, and besides. He's already in the hands of another spartan.

As for Guilty spark. I also doubt that he would become the Chief's A.I. "sidekick". The Master Chief would never trust that rampant Ancilla ever again, most likely. And if this fragment/back-up had any memory of what happened on Installation 04b, then I'm sure he would be holding a grudge and would probably attempt to kill the Chief.

Cortana's turn. I have a feeling her Rampancy story arc will go something like this. Note that this is purely speculation based on current knowledge of Rampancy and how important of a character Cortana is. Anyways. Beginning of Halo 4 Cortana will be mostly normal, but you'll be able to tell something is off. Around mid-way we'll most likely start seeing her dip into Rampancy more and more and get scenes like the one we saw in the trailer. After that, near the end, Cortana will "get things under control" and she'll tell the Chief that she's "okay" now. If they do it right, Cortana should not die or enter Metastability yet. In Halo 5 things will get worse for the duo. The Rampancy will come back in full force and Cortana will become a hindrance. Possibly at some point Dr. Halsey shows up and tells them that there's hope for Cortana and they learn about Metastability. Rest of the game Cortana is struggling with Rampancy. In Halo 6. Cortana will still be struggling. Near the half-way point Cortana reaches Metastability with the help of Master Chief's constant support. Cortana is now "real". Together they beat whoever the enemy is.

Again, that is just pure speculation. This is just how I imagine things will play out. But I do have a feeling they will have Cortana reach Metastability at some point.

• Like 2