Fail Master

37 members have voted

1. 1. Good Idea (read paragraph first plz)

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (please specify)

Instead of using 2 Baracades to make a drop pod that is never garentied to work every time, how about 343 add actual drop pods that can be ridden like a vehicle and activate their own paracute system to save human error.

I mean this would add a new dynamic to the gameplay (instead of having to use grav lifts or jet packs to break a fall and risk being kill by suicide/ sniper have a pod to drop in and have a garentied safe landing)

i think it would be a good idea, so please refelce you opinions in comments and in the poll

to be honest this is a good idea, but to have a cruiser in we need to look more to what they did for Forge world. Or even a mix of Forgeworld (reach) Sandbox (H3) Multi level. As for the cruiser's it would be nice to have them be forgeable, but you only be able to access certain area's. Like lets take invasion for instance. Human: We start in the cruiser, maybe a frigate, Below us the elites are trying to get to (IDK) Maybe a generator. We drop down and in. We fight, we die we drop. Simple, But weapons on ground? Scarce. Weapons are in the armory, it takes time to get there. So wait! Wont the elites be messing me up down there? Yes, But isnt that what invasion is about? Doing with what you have? So as for the drop pods my friend it would be good for covie and human alike invasion, but in regular multiplayer? It may be iffy. Doesnt mean i wouldnt like to see it in regular MP but im just trying to look at it from a designers point of view. yes they have a year to design it all, but they are also working on a H2 Remake so i wouldnt hold my breath.

• Like 1

Usable ODST drop pods would be great for incorporating a target locator style device. Instead of launching a barage of orbital missles, it sends in ODST troops in squads of 5 to 6 to assist you. Each one carrying a heavy weapon or sniper to fully support you.

yes. that would be good. but then again there would have to be a VERY stricked limit on the number of times its usable (I.E, you call in one squad and cant call in another until the previous squad is completely dead)

ODST have been in every Halo game to date. Here is the list...

Halo 1: ODST are spotted fighting along with normal marines. there armor is slightly altered but basically same as standard marines

Halo 2: ODSt are dropped off on Delta Halo when you go after Regret, and spotted numerous other times fighting off covenant.

Halo 3: basically the same as Halo 2

halo 3 ODST: Self explanitory

Reach: Buck from Halo 3 ODST requires your support in defending a rooftop area then evac. Also a few of the Bullfrogs are ODST's.

I don't see why you would assume ODST would not make an appearance in Halo 4. Could you elaborate a little?

to be honest this is a good idea, but to have a cruiser in we need to look more to what they did for Forge world. Or even a mix of Forgeworld (reach) Sandbox (H3) Multi level. As for the cruiser's it would be nice to have them be forgeable, but you only be able to access certain area's. Like lets take invasion for instance. Human: We start in the cruiser, maybe a frigate, Below us the elites are trying to get to (IDK) Maybe a generator. We drop down and in. We fight, we die we drop. Simple, But weapons on ground? Scarce. Weapons are in the armory, it takes time to get there. So wait! Wont the elites be messing me up down there? Yes, But isnt that what invasion is about? Doing with what you have? So as for the drop pods my friend it would be good for covie and human alike invasion, but in regular multiplayer? It may be iffy. Doesnt mean i wouldnt like to see it in regular MP but im just trying to look at it from a designers point of view. yes they have a year to design it all, but they are also working on a H2 Remake so i wouldnt hold my breath.

that would make invasion 10x better, i would probably play invasion most of the time if they incorperated this idea, but like you say im not holding my breath for it

Usable ODST drop pods would be great for incorporating a target locator style device. Instead of launching a barage of orbital missles, it sends in ODST troops in squads of 5 to 6 to assist you. Each one carrying a heavy weapon or sniper to fully support you.

that would be so sick! how awesome would that be in firefight your surrounded and you calling in a squad of ODST for support

that would make invasion 10x better, i would probably play invasion most of the time if they incorperated this idea, but like you say im not holding my breath for it

that would be so sick! how awesome would that be in firefight your surrounded and you calling in a squad of ODST for support

yeah you call them in and they dont even have to shoot, their pods splatter the whole load of the enemies. Splatter spree much.....

Have you guys heard the halo anniversary firefight "news"? I.have been unable to confirm this but apparently you can play firefight with elites now. Not to mention the elite actually fight against the odst's. Ill try and find the video where I saw this.

watch the installation 04 part of this video, its around 00:35

The drop pod idea does not need to be limited to a ship. Having them available as escape pods from tall buildings and have very minor directional control so they don't impact the same area each time to keeps "campers" from owning you every time they are used. Possibly consider them for building to building launches or across open terrain so you are protected from sniper or BR bursts until you have landed, using the pod shell for temporary cover.

I think with maps like Forge World and Boneyard already here we could do this. I also think you would have some kind of frigate or smaller ship on the top of the map, and the only thing you could do inside there is grab your weapons, jump in your pod and launch down. This would be a good idea too because if there was a line of pods and you could pick your own, you could choose a general area which would be the best to not get instantly pwn'd, and also you could tactically insert yourself (shut up) into combat and help your teammates. (DON'T CRUSH THEM)

This idea would be totally amazing, additional Spirit of Fires should also be added to shoot ODST pods.

My clan is an ODST clan and a Drop Pod would make the game 1,000,000 times better than it has ever been. I would tell all my friends about it and absolutely love 343 if they added ODST Pods.

Oh, maybe there could be a level in the campaign where you drop in a drop pod, you know, based on how the campaign rolls out. If the UNSC shows up or not. Other wise, putting drop pods in forge would be cool, but possibly only limited to just show and be a cool experience.

That does sound nice and as far as I hear UNSC is there but that is just what I have been told