Ask The Director 2.0

Why are Twam's and RSR's member groups called 'groups'? You're hardly a group when you're alone.

Also why do kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

It's due to the way IP Boards work. It's called a group because at any given time there has the potential for more than one Admin/Site Mod.

Children love cinnamon toast crunch because it has sugar covering it.

If Pinocchio says, "My nose is about to grow," will it grow?

Ahhh, the Pinocchio Paradox. This is a version of the Liar's Paradox (This statement is a lie) that counters the solutions to the original paradox. For instance, a resolution to the original paradox (Liar's Paradox) is to assume that the person saying, "This statement is a lie" always lies and is doing a double bluff lie. A lie with a grain of truth, as it were.

In the case of the Pinocchio Paradox, the fact that his nose grows only when he lies eliminates the previous resolution.

That being said, since your question is a paradox there is no answer to it. The answer has to be yes or no yet it cannot be yes or no, therefor there is no answer.

If I raised a chicken, how high would it be?

Depends on what you are using to raise the chicken. Easy way to tell is to use a tape measure.

who is your 2nd favorite character in RvB and why?

Grif. Grif is actually my favorite character because he is the comic relief of the show. Doesn't matter how dark and twisted the plot gets, as long as Grif is in the scene there will be lulz.

• Like 1

Do you use 4chan?

Yes I do. I began using 4chan in 2004 and have been using it ever since.

I originally stuck to /a/ for quite some time, but then I began using /sci/. It wasn't until late 2005 that I began posting on /b/, which to this date remains my favorite board.

• 2 weeks later...

Where/when did you originally hear about, or when did you find Freerice?

In middle school it was made part of our curriculum. Primarily because our English teacher was too lazy to actually teach us anything.

It was also the only "game" we were allowed to play on school computers. lol

1. If the speed of light is a constant and cannot be exceeded (even relatively) then why is it that some parts of our universe are so far away we can't see them, given that we cannot have moved from them faster than their light moves toward us?

2. Since atoms in our bodies are being constantly replaced, how does consciousness exist and persist when we are wholly replaced every decade or so on a molecular level?

3. Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle?

Edited by Azaxx
dammit I wanna answer Q1 so bad lol

1. If the speed of light is a constant and cannot be exceeded (even relatively) then why is it that some parts of our universe are so far away we can't see them, given that we cannot have moved from them faster than their light moves toward us?

2. Since atoms in our bodies are being constantly replaced, how does consciousness exist and persist when we are wholly replaced every decade or so on a molecular level?

3. Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle?

1. Well actually, it is also theorized that we can see all of the universe. Except that we can't actually "see" it. You see (haha), it is theorized that something that is too far away for our eyes to identify still gives off a visual image. That image, however, shrinks to about the size of an electron. Which is why you can't see it, but your eyes are still technically picking it up. So when you look up you are seeing the entirety of the universe, even though you can't distinguish it all.

2. We aren't replaced on the atomic or molecular level, we are replaced on the cellular level. That being said though, unlike snowflakes atoms and molecules can be utterly identical. Cells can also be identical, however it is widely assumed that they aren't. The majority of your "consciousness" is kept and maintained in your brain tissue, which works similar to that of a hard drive. The electrical impulses that make up your thoughts and feelings are made up by cells that are replaced by similar (if not the same) cells. This entire process is programmed into your cells via DNA and RNA. Which means your cells themselves are programmed to keep you existing for as long as they can. When they mess up, you get things like cancer and genetic disorders (downs syndrome, cerebral palsy, etc.) and the entire cellular makeup attempts to compensate to keep you alive. Sometimes they can, sometimes they can't.

As far as why does consciousness exist and persist, it's because your brain's cells replace themselves with cells that can do the same thing as cells before them. When they can no longer do so, you get things such as dimension and senility. When you forget something, it's because you weren't paying enough attention when it happened, you don't use the information enough to keep it stored, or because the cellular pathway to that information has been corrupted or is gone completely (Alzheimer's).

This isn't part of the answer but I thought it may interest you anyway:

Amnesia is when you forget all of the information (or most of it) that your brain maintains with the exception of very simple core information. For instance, you will forget things such as your name and social interactions, but you will remember things like the pain of being burned or how to throw a three inch punch. This disorder has caused several psychiatrists to theorize that there are multiple levels of consciousness and things like that. In reality though, the explanation is much simpler.

Amnesia is simply "Safe Mode" for your brain. If you receive a significant enough emotional or physical trauma, your brain will reboot in safe mode. It then let's you have access to the simple things like muscle memory, but shuts down the neural pathways to the more complex algorithms that it has saved such as social interactions. This way, it can make repairs to that part of itself without having to worry about saving additional information to those memory centers. Once the repairs are complete, it will reopen the neural pathways and you will regain access to the memories. However, sometimes the damage is too severe for repairs and it will completely dump the memories and rewrite over them. Like a restore.

3. I prefer Charmander.  Because Charizard.

Why is why?

Because.

Have you ever watched MST3K? If so, Joel or Mike, and Pearl or Dr. Forester?

I actually have, but didn't watch more than two episodes. Joel though.

Why is Iron Man now an Anti-hero?

Probably because anti-heroism is more popular these days, and Stark has all the necessary ingredients to be an anti-hero.

1. Tons of money

2. Brains

3. Trauma during his childhood

Here soon Batman might be an anti-hero as well. lol

Were any of the Star Wars Prequels any good to you?

Honestly, I enjoyed the stories of all three of them. Since I didn't really get involved in any of the fan-fic or the theories on the canon of the story, I wasn't bothered by things like "medichlorians" or Jar Jar Binks.

Jar Jar was a bit annoying, I'll admit, but sometimes it was good comic relief.

Where is the United States President Secret Bunker located?

I will point you to the part of the OP about personal information. Secret bunker locations totally count.

Do you think the Director died in season 10 of Rvb ? :)

Nope.

If one raises a cow, what happens to the duck?

Presumably, it quacks.

What do you think the Director did after season 10 ? :)

I believe that The Director had a secret escape route underneath his desk. He borrowed the sidearm so that he could use the escape route and have the pistol just in case there were any UNSC at the other end.

Will you...

notice_me_senpai__by_sunflowerblossem-d7

*ignores*

• Like 1