What Kind of Vehicals Would You Like to See in Halo 5

Sam Jones

This is a post to see what kind of vehicals you guys would like to see. Such as new vehicals that you thought of or vehicals that you would like to return in Halo 5. So if you have any ideas for a new vehical, or a returning vehical, the post a reply.

(This post is not for conversations)

First off I'd like them to make the vehicles they have work better. That's what is most important to me in terms of Halo vehicles.

As for new ones? I'd like a faster strike aircraft of some kind, the banshee has changed so much I don't even know what I want for it anymore. The aircraft I have in mind would be much more hit-and-run though.

I liked the idea of the Spectre, it sucked though and never returned.

The "moving fortress" idea of the Halo 3 Elephants and the Halo 4 Mammoth HAS potential, they just keep screwing it up! They made them too slow and open in Halo 3, and they just made it a glorified cab in the Halo 4 mission. I want a moving FORTRESS that people can swarm, attack, and defend. Take a complex room from a current map, like the bases on Adrift, give it some propulsion and some armaments and then let us fight with them!

I also like VTOL aerial vehicles a lot. I love the Mantis, something with its firepower, less armor, and helicopter maneverability could be fun. That's basically the idea behind the Hornet from Halo 3, but the original Hornet was insanely strong (Its guns were sniper rifle accurate across the map) and the later Avalanche Hornet was nerfed into a support vehicle (Could be used very effectively by skilled players, but Halo hasn't been interested in skilled players for awhile now).

I miss the Brute Chopper. That thing was badass, but with very real weaknesses. It was a well-designed vehicle.

• Like 2

Halo 3 Hornet would be nice, and with the new halo 4 power weapons it might be easeyer to kill and so more balanced in multiplayer. Also a Halo CE style banshee that can do the vertical dives and actually screeches again. Halo 4 ones were just whispers in the sky. The chooper was great, just inplimenting it without brutes may prove difficult. If i could have anything i would have the cobra from halo wars no doubt, but nerfing it would ruin it. have to be one of those ultimate vehicles like an elephant that you only get in very specific circumstances

if playable elites were brought back an invasion gametype using the scarab and or elephant/mamoth as the main vehicles to capture or just a battle between the two and the aim is to destroy the enemy vehicle. Also they need to bring back falcons and or hornets as well as choppers. The shortsword was cool in campaign if there was some way of putting that into multiplayer it would make it great.

What I want most is a land/air vehicle, preferably something like the Forerunner War Sphinx but perhaps smaller. I love the idea of dropping from the sky on someone for the most epic splatter, walking around and devasting some of his buddies, and then jetting off again--provided, of course, one of them wasn't hiding a splaser or rocket.

I think something between the elephant and mammoth would be great, and perhaps the Scarab could finally come in as a covie counter to that.

Of course, I think a mini-rab would also make a great mantis counter, a larger and slower, but heavier version.

I'd love it if the Chopper came back, it was always a fun one, and it could serve as a close-quarters vehicle with a few slight modifications, such as spikes that can shoot out sideways as it's primary fire, so even a close-miss of a splatter could result in a skewer with a skilled driver.

I personally like the Falcon more than the hornet, and would like it to come back more than the hornet. However, if so I'd like it if there were different versions of it like the warthogs--the grenade one you use in campaign, with a fire-speed nerf, would be great. So would anti-air wraiths, heavier ghosts, a transport hog, and the rest.

You know thinking on it more I would love to see some Promethean "vehicles". I put that word in quotations for a reason. Prometheans are (at this point) all AIs so it litterally would be an AI run vehicle.

Something that is completely autonomous. It moves on its own with out requiring a "pilot" to be in it at its controls. Instead have it have multiple AI's inside controlling turrets or other heavy weapons as well as a pilot AI that manuvers it through the battlefield. It can carry loads of crawlers and or Knights that are deployed through a drop system on its undercarriage. This vehicle can not be "jacked" unless you posess an AI such as Cortana. Instead you can mount it and destroy it like you would a tank. This "vehicle" would be in the air at an altitude of maybe 10 or 15 meters which is enough room to drop off troops and stay safe while providing cover fire. Should be vulnerable to EMP attack and troops being carried are vulnerable to heavy weapons fire once it breaches their compartment.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

That spelling.. is worse than the un-nerfed Boltshot.

I want to see three 'king' vehicles for each faction. For the UNSC, the Grizzly tank. For the Forerunners, a slow but powerful cannon that hovers. For the Covenant, the Shadow from Halo 2.

Also, three different mechs (Mantis/Locust/unidentified forerunner mech). Three different small vehicles (Mongoose/Ghost/forerunner bike), three warthog-sized vehicles (Warthog/Revenant/forerunner hover runner), three standard tanks (Scorpion/Wraith/forerunner light tank), three banshee-type vehicles (Hawk/Banshee/forerunner lightcopter).

• 2 weeks later...

Well definitely the pelican. So you can go around BTB maps and pick up your wounded allies. Also it would be cool if you went around hammering every foe around.

It should only be in BTB's, because it would be unfair on the team who don't have it: so each team should have one.

• 2 weeks later...