Archangel Tyrael

Microsoft reveals new logo

screenshot_289272_thumb_wide300.jpg

Microsoft changes their logo to something more colorful and a trailer about the change.

READ BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS

BY: Mike Jackson

Microsoft's changed its logo after 25 years with outs previous one, and now it has colour.

The new logo switches up the font and slaps the iconic 'Windows' logo on the left, adding a bit of colour to it but also, more significantly, representing Microsoft's new efforts to unify all its platforms with the squares seen on Xbox, Windows Phone and soon the Windows 8 Metro platforms.

MS says the logo switch comes "in advance of one of the most significant waves of product launches in Microsoft's history".

"It's been 25 years since we've updated the Microsoft logo and now is the perfect time for a change," it adds. "This is an incredibly exciting year for Microsoft as we prepare to release new versions of nearly all of our products. From Windows 8 to Windows Phone 8 to Xbox services to the next version of Office, you will see a common look and feel across these products providing a familiar and seamless experience on PCs, phones, tablets and TVs."

If logos excite you, here's a trailer all about the change.

• Like 2

I think I like this one better. Its just seems more...well Microsoft'y. lol

Wow. Its odd to see them change the logo, after getting used to the old one :/ But i suppose we all have to change sometime

I actually like the old logo better, but I don't have a problem with the new one. The new one is better for them, I just always liked the design of the old one.

I just realized that the guy who wrote the actual articles name is Mike Jackson. Oh how he will never cease to amaze us, even if it's not with music.

Well, I suppose they just thought it was time to change things up. It's not the best logo out there, but it's not the worst either...