1. No it doesn't.
2. Yes because in the heat of battle everyone hears everything. You are also assuming that everyone has the TV turned up or has a headset. Not everyone does.
3. IT HAS A OHKO RANGE THAT IS MORE THEN THE SCATTERGUN AND SHOTGUN
And I'm glad your experience of the game is the same as every single other persons.
By your logic, if people have the same game, everyone's experience is exactly the same with no deviation whatsoever. Do you really believe that?
And in addition, people use it on every single map. Why am I going after someone in the downed pelican and being boltshotted? Because it's a easy to use weapon. I saw a guy go 28 kills in one match with it. Yeah okay.
And people always say you have
2. Promethean vision
3. You can just back up
1. You don't always have grenades, and if you do it's a one out of three chance you don't have frags.
2. Not everyone uses it at all (You'll never see me use it) and even then their are other abilities that you might want to use.
3. I've backed up so many times and gotten one shotted it's not even funny and regardless..the enemy CAN just move move the left stick forward...and if they do all of the sudden your great "counter" isn't so great anymore is it?
In another forum I frequent. We have a sort of motto or mindset about things that are considered OP or are being called broken.
In a game, if someone uses something that many people consider to be "OP" many people will argue that it has counters and therefore is not actually broken. But the mindset I am talking about says that if something can easily beat all of it's "counters" easily then it should be banned or nerfed.
Grenades, Promethean vision, backing up, timing the shot, listening for it. Those are all things that can easily be beaten by even a bad player. I mean, the combo of Stealth, Camo/Promethean vision, and Dexterity is popular with Boltshot users for a reason.
And what if you're not the greatest player? Should you always be rewarded with a death because you can't think on your feet instantly or you're not the best at aiming?
The problem with the Boltshot is that it rewards campers, people who are average, and people who are good. You can toss it onto nearly any Loadout and have it perform well when you need it too.
It, at the same time, punishes people who aren't the best, make one mistake, have the volume low, don't have grenades, don't have Promethean vision, can't back up fast enough, etc.
It's overpowered because it can kill a person in one shot, at a range that takes the human shotgun TWO shots to do, and the Scattershot anywhere from 2 to five shots to kill.
If you simply reduced the OHKO distance it'd be fine. They have not. So bad players and really good players are rewarded for usage of a weapon they can spawn with and everyone else get's punished for even one mistake.
If that is not unfair, then what is?
People are complaining for a reason and they are not doing it because they want everything nerfed. It's because they want a game were people are not rewarded for being cheap.
Whether or not you agree with me is something else entirely but I'm tired of listening to people act like just because it techincally has "counters" that it means that it isn't overpowered or needs a range nerf.