New Environments- The Easy Way

Squally DaBeanz

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should 343i try to implement these ideas to create new Forge canvases? (Read the post first)

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't mind either way

I wish more intelligent well thought out posts were made like this which create good discussion instead of instigating arguments. Squally thanks for coming to this forum even if I had to drag you by your ears.

Amen to your idea. 343 please hear our pleas. We want to love your game but you need to return the love.

• Like 2

I was thinking about using spartan Ops yesterday too!

If Liches were a structure piece...

anyway, I completely agree and support this. some areas of Lockup could be interesting as well. And Quarry. It's a shame that the covenant crates and barricades were removed, they were good aesthetic pieces. Anyway, good arguments and how did you get the campaign screenshots?

I was thinking about using spartan Ops yesterday too!

If Liches were a structure piece...

anyway, I completely agree and support this. some areas of Lockup could be interesting as well. And Quarry. It's a shame that the covenant crates and barricades were removed, they were good aesthetic pieces. Anyway, good arguments and how did you get the campaign screenshots?

I just had my capture card running while I was playing, and it has the ability to take screenshots. I basically just cleared the area, then drove around on the Warthog looking for good shots of the environment XD

one of the best opening posts ive read, if only my thoughts could turn out like this post (with details)...anyways, i agree. seeing the large areas in OPS 6-10 would be nice to download and play and forge as a map pack. ill see if i can make my own pictures from the different ops and ill make the pictures into a video, which ill link (notice how the word video is red but not linked)

This is a good idea. I think that 343 should pay attention to their forging community just as much as their matchmaking community. I just do not think that 3 maps over 2 years is going to cut it. If we have three maps I think it will be close to impossible to have some different styles of dominion maps.

This would be a great way for 343i to save some time and money while still producing for the forgers here.

If their was new environments, something that would tickle my fancy would be a canvas with snow. Or maybe, just maybe even lava. That would be some cool stuff. It would be something very aeshetically pleasing when using terrain on a map and instagating what is inside the canvas. Not only that, but forge map pack would be nice too.

land grab from ep1 would also be nice.

- large enought for race types or vehicle battles

- multiple elevations

- it has its own peices

---ch3 ep1 (vip) at start to the right is a platform holding crates and guns, not in any other matchmaking lv. (i think)

i dont have hopes for any spartan ops becoming forge world. only dlc would be added. just my guess.

Crimson - already out cant see them adding now...

Majestic - not out yet but guessing no forge... 2 are small and the last is medium...

Castle - sounds like 2 are big and 1 is small/medium

"Castle Map Pack (April release timeframe)

Maps: Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition

Description: Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features."

if castle doesn't add forge i guess we will have to wait for halo 2 anaversery if it comes out..... due to 720 i wonder if halo 4 will be played after launch...

• 4 weeks later...

I saw your replay and followed the link here. I would take any spartan ops map, even the worst Op's map would be better than our current forge sandboxes. The Backdrops and layouts are perfect for forge after all that's what 343 uses them for basically. Just need to wipe out the cpu character paths/triggers, minus a few objects, define boundaries and save for forge. You could have 2-3 Spartan Ops maps ready for forge in a single weekend I would think. Now how compatible Bungies hand me down forge is with 343's current coding processes is beyond my knowledge base and could be the issue. But I can hope 343 helps the forge community out a little in the near future.

This is a really smart idea, and a great way to infuse more H4 maps without the high expectations of creating maps from scratch. It can't be all that hard since multiplayer maps are used in Spartan Ops, and in Reach campaign areas were used as maps in Multiplayer. I would hope that they would at least include a selection of map-specific objects such as with impact and erosion. 

CV

Great idea and verbal execution Squally!  I voted on this, waiting for the results thinking, "I can't imagine anyone voting for anything other than 'Yes'."  And that's what popped up, 100% support.  The idea seems simple enough and would offer a ton of variety to the Forge settings.  "Forge Islands" is going to be a great addition, which I'm really appreciative of 343's efforts over, but this could help add so much more to our pallet of options.

Do we have anyone on the forums here that is active and a part of the actual 343?  I keep seeing great comments and notes towards bettering the Halo experience and I'm afraid that since we aren't Waypoint or ForgeHub, they won't be seen.

Do we have anyone on the forums here that is active and a part of the actual 343?  I keep seeing great comments and notes towards bettering the Halo experience and I'm afraid that since we aren't Waypoint or ForgeHub, they won't be seen.

I don't know, but I think one of the best ways to get 343's attention is to keep this thread going, as with other threads, such as other Forge brainstorming topics, Flood ideas, etc. There are some really good topics rolling around the forums concerning these and other topics, such as new Armor Abilities. I personally hope that the next Halo will explore what happens after UNSC unlocks Forerunner tech related to creating Flood/Prometheans to create the next gen Spartan, but of course all hell breaks lose and they call on John 117 to save to galaxy again--and I hope Halo 5 is on another ring. But, without getting anymore sidetracked, I hope as you do that 343 are reading the community posts and taking notes.

CV

• Like 1