Why I Quit. A lot.

Mensentis

Firstly I love Halo.

I mainly play recreationally and for fun, and enjoy capturing my highlights on video.

But I do occasionally quit out of a lot of games.

Reasons I quit:

1. If someone is spamming Armour Lock then I'll often quit.

2. If someone is spamming Invisibility then I'll often quit.

3. If I sword someone, and they block, and for what ever reason I die in the exchange, then I'll quit.

4. If a game is grossly unbalanced against my team, then I'll quit.

5. If the pre-game voting decides on Snipers when I'm in BTB, then I'll often quit.

6. If the game is dragging along in one of the crap community made maps (except Cliffhanger - the only community map that is not crap) then I'll quit.

I quit because none of these things are fun - all of these things make the game unenjoyable and crap, and none of them are what Halo gameplay is about.

Of course if a few of these happen in a row then I'll get the old 10 minute matchmaking ban - I could care less.

But all of these things are, in my opinion, Bungie's fault (except possibly #4 which can just be due to the vagaries of matchmaking joining a team-party of 8 Forerunners against 8 individuals in a pseudo-team) and I guess I sometimes wonder why I am being banned for reacting to what is actually the handful of tragically bad game-design instances in Halo Reach.

I understand that my quitting lessens the experience for those in the game with me.

But Bungie lessened the experience for me by allowing #1 - #6 to happen anyway.

I'm not going to change. I'll keep on quitting if these things happen (sometimes I'm lucky and get a week or two without having to quit). I hope and pray that Halo 4 doesn't suffer from such rare instances of poor game design.

Jesus, I can't imagine you standing up for anything in your life.

Too much nerd rage in one post. Keep on quitting if thats how you enjoy playing. I personally think that you will find something in Halo 4 that make you rage quit, even if none of those are there. Cause a rager wlll always be a rager and a quitter will always be a quitter. I do love playing against people like you though.

I don't have any sympathy towards you. Do you know why? Because by quitting, you're ruining the experience for other players.

1 & 2. Learn to adapt and overcome the situation. I can guarantee it's not that hard. If you can't beat someone who is using Armour Lock or Active Camo, then it's no ones fault but your own. Blame your lack of skill if you can't do so. Just because you don't enjoy that someone uses a certain ability doesn't give you the right to ruin the experience for everyone else by quitting.

3. You shouldn't die from someone blocking the sword, seeing as how they've removed sword block in the title update. If you're talking about those playlists without the title update, then it's still rather sad. You'll quit because you were outplayed? Really? Grow up and learn to move on without getting yourself in a hissy fit because someone bested you in a fight.

4. I don't know about you, but I usually stay and fight, even if the game is unbalanced/people on my team have quit. I would rather tough it out and go negative than be labeled as a quitter.

5. Boo hoo. You have to play a certain gametype you might not enjoy. It happens to a lot of people and they don't quit. They tough it out if they don't enjoy the gametype. Myself included.

6. You'll quit if the game is taking too long? I can understand maybe becoming a bit bored with a match if it drags out for a while, but quitting isn't the answer.

Perhaps you don't realise this, but you're not doing anything but hurting your fellow players by quitting. You're making your own team play at a disadvantage and ruining the gameplay experience for others.

None of the things you listed are Bungie's fault. They're your own fault for being so poor at being able to adapt and deal with things not going in your favour. You need to learn that it's not always about just you and how YOU want to play. It's about everyone. If you want to quit, then it's your choice. Just don't come crying to anyone when you get banned from matchmaking for quitting. But apparently you don't care about being punished for ruining the experience for others. You're the very definition of a bad player. Someone who ruins the experience for others simply because things don't go their way, or they don't like that they're on the losing end.

I personally wish you'd just stop playing the game if you're just going to quit every time you don't get your way. It'd save those of us who actually enjoy the game and want to play it the displeasure of having someone like you quitting out just because you might not like how something goes or how the game is turning out.

• Like 8

Good god. We really need to.distribute the registered email addresses of people like this so.we spam the hell out of them for coming in here and wasting everyones time with bs comments and posts like this. Good call on everything Mystic....I honestly dont see anything I could possibly add on to. kudos!

• Like 1

So do you ever really play? Seems like you quit every time you don't get your way. Well lets be honest here... there are a ton of things in life where you wont get your way. If you quit at everything, you wont get anywhere. "Quitters never Win, and Winners never Quit" <-- that's truth.

You need to roll with the punches instead of bailing out because it doesn't "Suit You".

Play anyways.

What a *****.

Contrary to what that mystic person said, you have the right to quit, its just looked down upon you.

You mind not insulting me please? I'm not a *****, or whatever you decided to call me. I never said he doesn't have the right to quit. What I did say is that his reasons for quitting are poor and he's mostly just doing so when things don't go his way. He then goes on to blame Bungie for making him want to quit, when it's only his lack of ability to play properly and him being unable to accept when things don't go his way.

You mind not insulting me please? I'm not a *****, or whatever you decided to call me. I never said he doesn't have the right to quit. What I did say is that his reasons for quitting are poor and he's mostly just doing so when things don't go his way. He then goes on to blame Bungie for making him want to quit, when it's only his lack of ability to play properly and him being unable to accept when things don't go his way.

Huh? I didn't call you anything. I was talking to th op because quits for the dumbest reasons

I don't have any sympathy towards you. Do you know why? Because by quitting, you're ruining the experience for other players.

1 & 2. Learn to adapt and overcome the situation. I can guarantee it's not that hard. If you can't beat someone who is using Armour Lock or Active Camo, then it's no ones fault but your own. Blame your lack of skill if you can't do so. Just because you don't enjoy that someone uses a certain ability doesn't give you the right to ruin the experience for everyone else by quitting.

3. You shouldn't die from someone blocking the sword, seeing as how they've removed sword block in the title update. If you're talking about those playlists without the title update, then it's still rather sad. You'll quit because you were outplayed? Really? Grow up and learn to move on without getting yourself in a hissy fit because someone bested you in a fight.

4. I don't know about you, but I usually stay and fight, even if the game is unbalanced/people on my team have quit. I would rather tough it out and go negative than be labeled as a quitter.

5. Boo hoo. You have to play a certain gametype you might not enjoy. It happens to a lot of people and they don't quit. They tough it out if they don't enjoy the gametype. Myself included.

6. You'll quit if the game is taking too long? I can understand maybe becoming a bit bored with a match if it drags out for a while, but quitting isn't the answer.

Perhaps you don't realise this, but you're not doing anything but hurting your fellow players by quitting. You're making your own team play at a disadvantage and ruining the gameplay experience for others.

None of the things you listed are Bungie's fault. They're your own fault for being so poor at being able to adapt and deal with things not going in your favour. You need to learn that it's not always about just you and how YOU want to play. It's about everyone. If you want to quit, then it's your choice. Just don't come crying to anyone when you get banned from matchmaking for quitting. But apparently you don't care about being punished for ruining the experience for others. You're the very definition of a bad player. Someone who ruins the experience for others simply because things don't go their way, or they don't like that they're on the losing end.

I personally wish you'd just stop playing the game if you're just going to quit every time you don't get your way. It'd save those of us who actually enjoy the game and want to play it the displeasure of having someone like you quitting out just because you might not like how something goes or how the game is turning out.

I totally agree with you Mystic

Well things are gonna piss of everyone in every game..even the people on this forum..dont lie cant have fun 24/7 thing is if you quit it makes it harder on others and some people on these forums can respect others opinions i think and not be so...grumpy and etc. Quiting isnt the answer makes ur problems worse..i rage sometimes do i quit no..well if a game is getting really unbearable i might quit but just play threw the game and take a break..play another game idk..and if people bother you on the other team just block them so u have less chance of palying with them in the future its what i do helps a bit actually..and change ur filters around so u can play better for yourself

Uh...yeah......I thought this was the Men's room, sorry Ma'am!

Firstly I love Halo.

I mainly play recreationally and for fun, and enjoy capturing my highlights on video.

But I do occasionally quit out of a lot of games.

Reasons I quit:

1. Because I am bad at this game and it angers me.

(Fixed.)

I really have to give you guys an lol on this, that's hilarious.

This is how you get someone of the forum XD

But anyway I'm going to participate in the hate against this guy by saying...

...Grow some balls we dont care about why you quit because we all know you are quitting because you suck.

I hope we didnt scare you away but dont post stupid things :facepalm:

errm i do not know what to post so errrm

WHAT THE ? I DON'T EVEN ?

Take it easy Caboose we all know your a little bit slow... take your time or your brain might explode :0