Is the new halo 4 Needler to OP?

Touquisi

Hi all, when playing H4 mp I always find my friends slaughter me with needlers and they kill almost with holding down the trigger for only a second, and they Track on to player making it difficult to dodge.  I need to know if this is just my weakness or if it is meant to be an OP weapon?  Tell me what you think?
Thanks

As others have said, they clearly got amped up. They're strong enough now that they are an option for personal ordinance. Most people I play against rarely use it, but the weapon can seem almost unfair when it's in the right hands.

Don't get caught in the open if you know your opponents are using it. Stay close to corners or any cover that you use to get out its spray. Then draw them in to close range where it's harder to use, or pop in and out of cover so can't concentrate the fire in an explosive burst

I still say they're nerfed. It shouldn't take 6 shots to kill you. According to the books and movies, it should take 3 max to kill you. So stop complaining and get used to it. It's not difficult to counter, there's a hard light shield armor ability.

• Like 1

needles are pretty powerful since i was fighting Biggles and he had an overshield and i had a neelder and a super combine was able to kill him so i would say that the needles have been boosted quite a lot

The weakness of the needler is that it only works best at mid-range.

Increase the distance so it can't lock-on or decrease the distance to dodge the slow turning spikes of death.

• 4 weeks later...

I like how enemies are capable of scoring supercombines as well. But what bugs me is how it ignores shields now. Sure, there may be some canonical reasoning, like the Storm Covenant modified the Needler to make it much stronger, but it's inconsistent.

It is pretty powerful, and it can be considered to be a power weapon.

But, not overpowered. Needlers, to me anyway, have ALWAYS been pretty powerful.

Yeah, this for me also.

I mean, when you look at the weapons in Halo 4, more specifically the BR and DMR, the Needlers would have to be powerful. Otherwise there would be a lack of variety regarding what power weapons you can use in Halo, of course if only the DMR and BR, were the best, everybody would use them. But, luckily there's good balance with most of the weapons in the game. Well, Primary weapons mostly. I don't think it's OP, but it is bloody powerful at short to medium-ish range.

The needler is definitely a power weapon, the ammo disappears quickly and really you'll only be using it for a short amount of time. I'm not so sure how many kills you can pull off with it but I'd say at least 3, maybe 4. It could be more I don't know but to my knowledge, the needler doesn't have a lot of ammo. That's the main reason for my why the needler isn't OP. 

Edited by ShockGazm

Personally, the auto target on needler nowadays sucks, I can't ever get a bead on my target, but If I do, they are dead in 2 seconds. Still I wish they would fix range and auto target. I would even be willing to sacrifice a bit of its ammo capacity for it. Seeing as it only takes like what? 3-5 needles to detonate?

Halo 3 Needler, now that was nice.

No wonder they got rid of duel-wielding for Halo 4...I couldn't imagine duel-wielding Boltshots...And with the pistol's in Halo 4 I could go on killing sprees like there is no tomorrow! The plasma pistols would actually be deadly, and the Needlers...duel-wielding those would be like god gave me diplomatic immunity...it makes no sense I know.

The needler is a powerfull weapon, even in lore base it is. Though they could easily be countered. I ussually dodge them by straffing as fast as I can or just run past the needles (quite a trick as they track really really fast). Running past them requires a fast reaction speed though.

The needler has always been one of my favorite weapons!!!

~ I think that it's strength is evened out by ammo in H4. You

don't get a lot of ammo for those things unless you continually

go back to where the needler spawns. I think another thing

that evens that out is that you can't dual-wield anymore.

~ Needlers were super deadly dual-wielded! They aren't very

great far away though.

The needler has always been one of my favorite weapons!!!

~ I think that it's strength is evened out by ammo in H4. You

don't get a lot of ammo for those things unless you continually

go back to where the needler spawns. I think another thing

that evens that out is that you can't dual-wield anymore.

~ Needlers were super deadly dual-wielded! They aren't very

great far away though.

Unless you have the Ammo thingy that gives you extra Ammunition for the first weapon you pick up...44 needles then.

• 3 weeks later...