ASSAULT RIFLES!!!

AnimalDenWinter

Hello it's me here. Recently, i have been raging a bit, due to people using ASSAULT RIFLES!! Whenever I oppose an enemy with an

Assault Rifle, they always win. I personally think 343 overpowered the Assault Rifle. No offence to people who use it, but I think people 

who use Assault Rifles generally are too wimpish to actually oppose an enemy in a 1v1, and are scared they will lose. This is ruining the online gaming experience on Halo 4.

PS: As I said, I have no means to offend people who do use it. :)

Please leave feedback on what you think. :)

If you didn't want to offend anyone, you probably shouldn't have gone and said that those using them are wimpish and scared. Just saying.  Anywho, I don't think the assault rifles in Halo 4 are overpowered at all. They're meant to excel in close range but also be viable (though not as effective) in medium range. They do a great job at that. If you're using a precision weapon like a BR for example, then it's up to you as a player to then learn how to move and combat someone using an AR, SR, or Suppressor. Finally, I hardly think it's ruining the online experience. You just need to improve your skills is all.

• Like 6

Hello it's me here. Recently, i have been raging a bit, due to people using ASSAULT RIFLES!! Whenever I oppose an enemy with an

Assault Rifle, they always win. I personally think 343 overpowered the Assault Rifle. No offence to people who use it, but I think people 

who use Assault Rifles generally are too wimpish to actually oppose an enemy in a 1v1, and are scared they will lose. This is ruining the online gaming experience on Halo 4.

tha assult rifle is in no way op becase why becase in other halo games it was so underpowerd so much but in halo 4 it is a good wepon to use perfectly blanced here is a tips agist assult rifles

1 try to back away while engaging becase the ar has limtead range

2 use a ar on the smaller maps becase brs and dmr and small mpas get domintated

3 use the jet pack to once agin limit the ars range and make them miss more shots

• Like 1

i'm not sure why people are always complaining about these weapons. In the past halo games, the assualt rifle has always been so underpowered and never stood a chance against other weapons. with allowing players to have custom loadouts, 343i had to try to make the weapons as balanced as possible. why have a weapon in the game if it will just get beat every time in an engagement?? That would be pointless. The assualt rifle's weakness is distance, but it makes up for that with dominance at close range. Why do you expect your  weapons designed for mid range to beat it in close range situations??

The assualt rifle is a balanced weapon, and when people start using the wrong weapon in the the wrong situation, they complain because they think the game revovles around their feelings. The assualt rifle is for close range, the DMR is for mid/long range. Both have their advantages, but its a matter of being able to recognize their weaknesses as well

• Like 2

I agree, the Assault Rifle Is way over-powered.

and People use It way to much, not going to lie.

But that Is for a reason.

I personally use the DMR,

The DMR Is good In some ways.

It may not be as fast or as powerful as the Assault Rifle but,

If you can shot people and have good aim then your In luck.

• Like 1

I nearly find this very true. In other game types people use the DMR and BR and sometimes the Assult Rifle but thing is I dont like bout it is that people use it too much in games of Regicide and Im like the only one using DMR so hard to play Regicide with all Assult Rifle users! :chaingun:

It has its purpose its good close up decent at mid but dmr is more over powered than ar. They had to bump up the power from reach otherwise it would of been usless on this as every1 started with it on reach it was incredibly weak but this had to stand up to dmr and br and it does in the right range! I use it on some maps I have used all the starting wepeons for a decent amount of time I think dmr is definatley the gun that still needs a little tweak not ar

Yup some1 said on a post other week lightrifle was op:-/ he said it did job of br and dmr in 1 now thats just rediculas it looses out to both in anything other than long range! There is a balancing update comin next week more balancing on the dmr so if you use dmr and think ar is op your gonna be in trouble lol

No offense, but people that try sniping with DMR/BRs with aim assist and bullet magnetism up the whazoo and are never more than a foot from a corner so they can run behind it like a **** the second their shield even goes down slightly are cowardly and unskilled. No offense.

No offense, btw.

And the Assault Rifle is a nuisance at most. A halfway competent Magnum can easily dispatch them. If you are having issues with assault rifle users you are playing Halo 4 wrong. Simple. The game is an uphill fight for them, I am shocked when I see a guy go positive with one of those things.

I nearly find this very true. In other game types people use the DMR and BR and sometimes the Assult Rifle but thing is I dont like bout it is that people use it too much in games of Regicide and Im like the only one using DMR so hard to play Regicide with all Assult Rifle users! :chaingun:

A game of Regicide where everyone is using automatics but you is called a free win.

• Like 2

No, I am not "wimpish" because I use the Assault Rifle. I love the Assault Rifle! I'm glad 343 boomed it up, making it better and stronger. I remember it usually took an entire clip to kill one enemy with it, and that's if all the bullets hit!

If you want to see overpowered, go into a 1v1, get face to face. Have one person hold a storm rifle or suppressor, and the other an Assault rifle. Then shoot at the same time, who wins now?

• Like 2

How in the world is CQC with an AR not 1V1?

Just asking

Why is it weird that there are AR's in regicide... its a FFA CQC gamemode.

No offense, but people that try sniping with DMR/BRs with aim assist and bullet magnetism up the whazoo and are never more than a foot from a corner so they can run behind it like a **** the second their shield even goes down slightly are cowardly and unskilled. No offense.

No offense, btw.

And the Assault Rifle is a nuisance at most. A halfway competent Magnum can easily dispatch them. If you are having issues with assault rifle users you are playing Halo 4 wrong. Simple. The game is an uphill fight for them, I am shocked when I see a guy go positive with one of those things.

I hate those guys that hide when they get hit once or twice. Also I almost always go positive with my AR.

1.) Saying "no offence" and then saying something offensive doesn't cancel it out. I always think it's incredibly idiotic when people say that.

2.) The AR got a power boost, but that doesn't make it OP, the storm rifle is worse and the suppressor is worse than that at close ranges.

3.) I think the people that are whining about the assault rifles are the real wimps. Halo is a game of adapting and reacting to the situation you're put in, so you need to do just that. I never have a problem out DMRing someone who's using a AR so maybe you just need to get better at Halo 4.

thank you for some positive feedback :D

No, I am not "wimpish" because I use the Assault Rifle. I love the Assault Rifle! I'm glad 343 boomed it up, making it better and stronger. I remember it usually took an entire clip to kill one enemy with it, and that's if all the bullets hit!

If you want to see overpowered, go into a 1v1, get face to face. Have one person hold a storm rifle or suppressor, and the other an Assault rifle. Then shoot at the same time, who wins now?

Ok I do use the AR now-but.thats only because I'm focusing very hard on my UNSC Load-out Mastery. Also I've recently seen that the AR has been momentarily under-powered. The Suppressor and the Storm Rifle have been over-powered. At the moment I do not think anybody is happy with that.

If you want to see overpowered, go into a 1v1, get face to face. Have one person hold a storm rifle or suppressor, and the other an Assault rifle. Then shoot at the same time, who wins no

1.) Saying "no offence" and then saying something offensive doesn't cancel it out. I always think it's incredibly idiotic when people say that.

2.) The AR got a power boost, but that doesn't make it OP, the storm rifle is worse and the suppressor is worse than that at close ranges.

3.) I think the people that are whining about the assault rifles are the real wimps. Halo is a game of adapting and reacting to the situation you're put in, so you need to do just that. I never have a problem out DMRing someone who's using a AR so maybe you just need to get better at Halo 4.

Ok thanks for being so negative and practically saying I'm bad at halo games. I do not want no trouble or arguments I just wanted feedback on what you think about it, not a war.

I never have a problem with the assault rifle, but I play big team battle, and if you use an assault rifle there you're done like dinner.

I find that really funny, but i do not mean to offend your opinion. I've been trying to get assualt rifle and magnum kills to get UNSC loadout mastery, and BTB has been my go-to gametype. 2/3 of the time i am the leading scorer on my team using an assualt rifle and magnum. You just need to know how to use certain areas of the map to your advantage when playing with this weapon. I tend to stick to enclosed areas on maps, but i frequently pop out and use the magnum for successful mid range kills

• Like 2

I don't mean to cause offense as well, but you're not in games I'm playing lol. No one using an assault rifle ever gets first place on maps like longbow and Ragnarok.

And I only play big team, I use automatics from time to time but it's always on exile if at all. The ratio of people who are the top scorers using assault rifles is very, very small, at least in almost every game I've played of big team.

• 2 weeks later...