ASSAULT RIFLES!!!

AnimalDenWinter

This thread is at least 8 months old. Anyway, if the Assault Rifle didn't have any damage to it, people would complain about how underpowered it is. Considering the BR and DMR are the best weapons in the game, you'd have to make the Assault Rifle powerful but it's not Over-powered. If you can't get a kill with it, you must be a beginner at FPS games. It's not difficult to use at all, practice makes perfect.

Why do people always proceed to offend someone just after saying 'no offence'?

Anyway the assault rifle is not whimpish or something. There are these things we like to call stats.

Assaut rifle is a close quarters weapon.

Battle rifle is medium range.

And the DMR is long range.

Sure they can be used in other ranges aswell but they are simply not as effective.

When you played at the release of halo you must have noticed that the DMR was the most powerful loadout weapon. It could outshoot any weapon at any range which was quite OP. So 343i decided to release a weapon tuning updtae which made some weapons (Including the Assault rifle) more powerful so they'd be at an advantage in their designated range.

Conclusion: There is nothing wrong, just learn to use the weapons effectively.

If you have a precision weapon, then keep your distance and you'll be able to avoid dying from Assault Rifle users. I use the Assault Rifle all the time, due to most players' inability to use their precision weapons correctly. Don't like running into CQC battles with the wrong weapon? Switch to an Automatic. Don't want to use an automatic due to your preference of precision weapons? Then learn how to use them correctly. Alternatively, use both with the Firepower tactical package.

"People who use Assault Rifles have no skill" Not true at all. They have flanking skills to get near someone with a precision weapon, because they know they won't have a fighting chance. They obviously have more skill than the players complaining about them because they are able to use their weapon in the correct situations, unlike the complainers.

Also, here's another thing; The Assault Rifles in previous Halo games have been very underpowered. In Halo: CE, everybody used the pistol. In Halo 2, it was, well, non-existent. In Halo 3, everybody used the BR or dual-wielded weapons. In Halo: Reach, everybody used the DMR. Precision weapons have always been able to overpower automatics in close-range (unless dual-wielded), and when they finally give us automatics that are actually effective, everybody complains?

i use the assault rifle a bit in halo 4 because i dont really find myself in them battles where i can pick people off from a far with the battle rifle and i know that if im close enough to someone i can take them down (if they are close to me) about 80% of the time and it is pretty effective and i have to agree with JXZAW that the rapid fire loadout weapons are underpowered because i dont really know anyone in halo reach that uses an assault rifle or something like that because it is mostly DMR

The Assault Rifle is only really effective in close range, and if you make them miss a few shots and you land all of yours then you're good man, I'm a dmr user and people who bum rush me with assault rifles pay the price, but I also love the assault rifle thats why I use the over power so I can carry both, Just adapt man, they aren't doing anything wrong with the assault rifle, with the range weapons weapons in Halo 4 and to the extent that they are used I have to say people who primarily use assault rifles are at a disadvantage, just don't run towards people, keep your distance, and you should be fine.

Winning a one-on-one engagement against an AR user is easy. Just stay back and keep your distance. It may shred through SPARTANs as if they're paper, but at anything longer than close range, it's essentially a spray can. On top of that, many AR users don't properly burst fire (many don't use bursts at all). Take advantage of these weaknesses, as much as you can.

i can honestly say no weapon is OP.

False. The Binary Rifle, Dubstep Cannon, and the Boltshot are OP competitively speaking. First of all, The Boltshot is a mini shotgun in your pocket. The Dubstep Cannon is the Dubstep Cannon. The Binary is an insta-kill anywhere in the body. It's OP regardless of its ammo count.

• Like 2

False. The Binary Rifle, Dubstep Cannon, and the Boltshot are OP competitively speaking. First of all, The Boltshot is a mini shotgun in your pocket. The Dubstep Cannon is the Dubstep Cannon. The Binary is an insta-kill anywhere in the body. It's OP regardless of its ammo count.

The Binary isn't really OP. It has a giant laser sight making it nearly impossible for ambush attacks, it is very difficult to no scope with due to the huge reticule, and it only has two rounds per clip. The Boltshot itself isn't OP, rather it's the fact you can start with it. If you think about it, it's essentially a shotgun you have to charge, otherwise it's a really weak version of the pistol. I'm sure if it wasn't a starting weapon it wouldn't have such a terrible reputation. In fact it actually is pretty sick, just the sheer number of 1sks get annoying. Now onto the topic of Halo's launcher weapons (rocket launcher, fuel rod, and dubstep cannon), they're ALL overpowered. They all require zero skill to use. At least with the Boltshot players have to time their charges and/or keep steady aim over the enemy while it's charging. Even the BFG9k from Doom and the BFG10k from Quake take more skill than any of Halo's launchers and they're considered to be "very rare super weapons" and "free kills" by the developers themselves. My biggest gripe with Halo are the launchers which is why in multiplayer they should just be replaced by the Railgun. Maybe rockets could just appear as an extremely rare pickup with only one clip. As much as I want to believe that the launchers aren't overpowered in Halo, they just are and there's no way I can say they aren't.

• Like 1

The Binary isn't really OP. It has a giant laser sight making it nearly impossible for ambush attacks, it is very difficult to no scope with due to the huge reticule, and it only has two rounds per clip

False. With Halo 4 having more bullet magnetism and aim assist than previous Halo games, sniping (and shooting, in general) is way easier.

The Boltshot itself isn't OP, rather it's the fact you can start with it. If you think about it, it's essentially a shotgun you have to charge, otherwise it's a really weak version of the pistol. I'm sure if it wasn't a starting weapon it wouldn't have such a terrible reputation. In fact it actually is pretty sick, just the sheer number of 1sks get annoying. 

Correct. Agreed.

False. With Halo 4 having more bullet magnetism and aim assist than previous Halo games, sniping (and shooting, in general) is way easier.

I never said sniping wasn't easier than in previous games. Everyone knows that Halo 4 has additional aim assist and bullet magnetism compared to its predecessors. Not exactly new information. What I was saying is that the Binary Rifle is hard to no scope with because of it's HUGE reticule. Usually you can only no scope at really close range unless you're lucky, and at that range you might as well be using a shotgun. The combination of its large reticule, laser sight, and small clip size balances out the Binary Rifle. If you wanna talk overpowered we can go back to the subject of Halo's launchers.

Hello it's me here. Recently, i have been raging a bit, due to people using ASSAULT RIFLES!! Whenever I oppose an enemy with an

Assault Rifle, they always win. I personally think 343 overpowered the Assault Rifle. No offence to people who use it, but I think people 

who use Assault Rifles generally are too wimpish to actually oppose an enemy in a 1v1, and are scared they will lose. This is ruining the online gaming experience on Halo 4.

PS: As I said, I have no means to offend people who do use it. :)

Please leave feedback on what you think. :)

ok im going to say this one time only 

ITS ONLY OVERPOWERED WHEN SOMEONE ELSE USES IT AGAINST YOU! lol cause whenever you use it i will tell you 

ur not gonna win that fight ive had over 30 instances of that

An AR does have it's penchant for being annoying though. Each time I'm in a gunfight where there's an AR user against me, chances are I'm dying from a precision weapon, but that AR is going to cause my aim to get thrown a bit off.

Nothing like the round of explosions and 14 rapid flashes and vibrations going off on headphones, monitor and controller all at once to throw your off.

I us an AR, saying its a weapon without skill is an overstatement, It can easily defeat a BR or DMR user on medium distance and people who us it as a spray and pray weapon are using it completely wrong.

The AR should be fired in bursts, from a close to medium distance and while straffing I have no difficulty to take down any BR user.

The BR and DMR are for a more slower, more distance orientated style of fighting.

I can run up to someone with an AR and still be taken down by a BR or DMR. It depends on the skill of the user, everyone can run and gun.

• Like 1

I can run up to someone with an AR and still be taken down by a BR or DMR. It depends on the skill of the user, everyone can run and gun.

+1

Everyone says a certain weapon is OP (As i stated previously) but its how you use it that matters, its like on LoL, everyone says some champions are OP, yet i see many games where the guy who plays with them lacks skill and isn't very good, does that make the champion OP? No.

+1

Everyone says a certain weapon is OP (As i stated previously) but its how you use it that matters, its like on LoL, everyone says some champions are OP, yet i see many games where the guy who plays with them lacks skill and isn't very good, does that make the champion OP? No.

Biggles and I do have point, SKILL is completely required. I could snipe people with M4A1 in battlefield 3, but I was really bad with sniper rifles. Skills, prefferences and loadout mastery is necessary. don't say the AR is overpowered.

don't hate the game, hatethe player. :)

I agree with this, It was next to useless in REACH and H3.

It's finally a weapon which could be effective if used correctly.

In Halo: CE it was good, but it paled in comparison to the M6D Pistol. In Halo 2, it was non-existent. In Halo 3, everybody used the BR or duel-wielded weapons. In Reach, everybody used the pistol or DMR. In Halo 4, it's awesome.