ASSAULT RIFLES!!!

AnimalDenWinter

In Halo: CE it was good, but it paled in comparison to the M6D Pistol. In Halo 2, it was non-existent. In Halo 3, everybody used the BR or duel-wielded weapons. In Reach, everybody used the pistol or DMR. In Halo 4, it's awesome.

It has been my favorite in every Halo, but in MP, it was a weak weapon.

In Halo 4 it could be used as a suppresive weapon, a hit and run weapon, it doesnt take down someones shields as fast a br or dmr, but if used correctly, the br doesnt get a shot in.

I do enjoy that they brought back the two shot beatdown with the BR.

It has been my favorite in every Halo, but in MP, it was a weak weapon.

In Halo 4 it could be used as a suppresive weapon, a hit and run weapon, it doesnt take down someones shields as fast a br or dmr, but if used correctly, the br doesnt get a shot in.

I do enjoy that they brought back the two shot beatdown with the BR.

It takes more bullets to kill with an Assault Rifle in H4 than it does with a BR (AR = 13 rounds, BR = 12 rounds) but because it's full auto, it will beat it in close-mid range. Well, in mid-range it'll only win if burst-fired. The Assault Rifle is my favourite weapon in Halo 4, because it manages to be a powerhouse without being completely overpowered due to its limited range and accuracy :)

It takes more bullets to kill with an Assault Rifle in H4 than it does with a BR (AR = 13 rounds, BR = 12 rounds) but because it's full auto, it will beat it in close-mid range. Well, in mid-range it'll only win if burst-fired. The Assault Rifle is my favourite weapon in Halo 4, because it manages to be a powerhouse without being completely overpowered due to its limited range and accuracy :)

See, you know how to use that thing. people spray it at mid -range, miss completely, bursts of 5 shots is incredibly effective. using it with a magnum as a side arm. pop the shield, switch to magnum, pop the skull.

• Like 1

It's all a matter of closing the gap and getting a feel for which range is best to start firing your Assault Rifle. Many people have trouble getting to know the maximum effective range for the AR. By the time a typical user gets in range, they'll already be dead. XD

It's all a matter of closing the gap and getting a feel for which range is best to start firing your Assault Rifle. Many people have trouble getting to know the maximum effective range for the AR. By the time a typical user gets in range, they'll already be dead. XD

medium to long the AR is a rather good suppresive weapon, on medium fire it in bursts of 5, close fire it full auto. NEVER run in a straight line at your opponent, strafe.

There is one tactic which requires a lot of luck. throw a grenade, drop their shields, then spray from medium to long, it costs ya a clip, but sometimes 3 or 4 hits is all you need to take them down.

• 2 weeks later...