Dominion

T O lR T A

Hey guys, here just to wonder what the community thinks about the new gametype in Halo 4, Dominion. I've played it for quite a while and it is my favorite playlist. I want to know what the community seems to think about it. Have you played it?

It is a really cool gametype somewhat like territories... to the extreme.

Post your complaints about it. Or even post what you love about it or what you would like in an update for it. Should it be improved or thrown out?

It's my new favorite game type in the Halo series. I would like to to be a permanent game type and make an appearance in the rest of the trilogy.

I love how the basis fortify and there's vehicles, turrets and even shield doors for them. The resupplies are nice but, I would like it for the types of weapons that appear to be on some type of rotation not randomly. Also 343i needs to fix the glitch were the icon displays a different weapon than what's actually there.

Once the ranking system is implemented I will love it even more because then I can get teamed up with people of similar skills. I don't have enough friends that play to make a full team so I have to go in with randoms that don't know the first thing about objective control.

i think this is one of the most underrated gametypes in halo 4. It requires a balanced amount of both skill and strategy, with more than one objective for your team to focus on at a time. CTF, oddball, and KOTH have one main objective that both teams are fighting for, which takes away some of options. Its a lot more fun when youre playing with people that you know and can work together with....

but then again, i won a game in under 1 min with a team of randoms....

i guess this game is a lot more flexible when it comes to teamwork

• Like 1

I understand that most people struggle with randoms, and the best way to combat that is to actually go into a game and kind of have fun with it. See if you meet people on your team who communicate and see how the game goes. When the game is over, look at the carnage report and check for the top two people who did the best that game. Invite them and see if you can make your own team by repeating this process. Even choose people on the enemy team who gave you guys a hard time. This is what I rarely do considering I already have enough friends to invite. But try to make friends while playing the game is the best tip I can give you guys to overcome this situation.

I have to agree with almost everything above. The only problem is that most of my friends just do customs and forging. The two dozen friends that i have for matchmaking don't like dominion as much as i do and one of friends who's name has been mistaken as a Mexican Tortoise doesn't invite me to play with him. Yeah that's right, sucker, your on blast!!!

I have to agree with almost everything above. The only problem is that most of my friends just do customs and forging. The two dozen friends that i have for matchmaking don't like dominion as much as i do and one of friends who's name has been mistaken as a Mexican Tortoise doesn't invite me to play with him. Yeah that's right, sucker, your on blast!!!

Maybe you should send this 'Mexican Tortoise' character a message saying, "Yo, invite me!" lol

• Like 2

ehh I haven't enjoyed this new playlist but i've had some terrible experiences with it. i remenber one we were about to win with 2 bases to 1. the ordance gave us all br's shotguns dmr's ect. We look over at the emeny base and 4-5 guys come rushing us with inceneration cannons instantly taking both parts of the maps and winning this happens so much i just couldn't find myself to enjoy it.

ehh I haven't enjoyed this new playlist but i've had some terrible experiences with it. i remenber one we were about to win with 2 bases to 1. the ordance gave us all br's shotguns dmr's ect. We look over at the emeny base and 4-5 guys come rushing us with inceneration cannons instantly taking both parts of the maps and winning this happens so much i just couldn't find myself to enjoy it.

Yeah I've had this happen plenty of times and it sucks when it happens but, I've been the team doing this plenty of times as well. It goes both way sometimes. If it was changed to where the weapons that come out of the resupplies was put on some kind of pattern. One resupply is loud out weapons like DMR, BR, and Carbine maybe some grenades mixed in, next would be heavy weapons Rockets, Laser, Sniper, IC(if map uses it), and last could be all the other like shotty, maybe Rail Gun, Fuel rod, Sticky detonator, and scatter shot. Could do the heavy weapons last so you get the more powerful weapons for holding the base longer. Kind of like a reward.

I can't tell you how garbage sometimes the drops are! One time I was playing against a good team such as Lethal Vendetta, Clutch, or BlackScreen (Professional Dominion Players) and I would get so pumped to play against them for a real challenge. I was ready capturing our home base while rest of my team goes to B. We capture B and C and we got a great head start. They eventually got B back and we relied on our ordnance drops right their and then! You wanna know what happened! The game was like, "hey you know what, I understand this team has only one base compared to the enemy team who was two bases, but I'm gonna give this team br, dmr and frags..... THREE TIMES IN A ROW! Unacceptable! I did laugh about it though lol