Should there be a limited amount of lives

Redifer117

21 members have voted

1. 1. should there be limited lives

• yes
    • no

Absolutely there should be! This is where Firefight went wrong in Reach. Unlimited lives simply encourages reckless (read: unskilled) play resulting in the same result as skilled play. This problem is even worse in Slayer, where the point system essentially rewards both the same. Too bad the devs didn't include an xp component based on K/D.

Anyway, back to Spartan Ops, here is what I would like to see:

Make the missions difficult, have life limits on a per player basis. Once a player uses up their lives, they are eliminated from the mission, with no xp awarded. The remaining players continue on.

• Like 1

Anyway, back to Spartan Ops, here is what I would like to see:

Make the missions difficult, have life limits on a per player basis. Once a player uses up their lives, they are eliminated from the mission, with no xp awarded. The remaining players continue on.

A bit hard to accept for newbies, but rightful thought. Same opinion here.

I like the idea of being able to fail a Spartan Op but I dont like the thought of no XP being given. You work for it even if you do fail.

I am not sure there should be a limit when you are solo'ing as you can be easily overwhelmed on higher difficulties. In a group I think their should be a pool like what they did with firefight. Each death reduces the pool while certain actions increase it, such as completing an objective or killing a certain amount of enemies.

• Like 1

i don't understand why there is such a big deal with having infinite lives. If you had a limit, sure it might be more of a challenge. But what happens when you have 1 life left, it is the last enemy, and it kills you, after you have just spent 20 minutes on the mission. It would suck. That's how i feel.

On easy every player has 4 extra lives, on normal and heroic, 3 lives, on legendary, 2 lives, but you can call I extra support after your meter fills up, like personal ordinance, you can get stuff like warthogs, spartan four teams, marine platoons, heavy weapons, and even tanks if you get enough.

The problem with a limiten number of lives would be just like in Halo Reach firefight. If you were skilled and got stuck with a horrible player, when you finally died and needed a life, Mr. Cannon Fodder would have used 'em all up. If each player had an independent pool of lives, it MIGHT work. But other than that, no.