I didn't like Reach... (POLL)

Ro8bi3

21 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like Reach?

• Yes
    • No

I'm sorry if I'm the one who has to say it but Reach was an awful game

there's a reason why Reach struggles to have 100,000 compared to the Millions that played Halo 3 and Halo 2

Why are people saying bloom was a good idea??

It was the worst thing you could possible put in the game

On lan bloom works but online it would always **** you over, increase kill times and would give the host a huge advantage and as a result would make the game less skillful

AAs a step forward?? more like a step back tbh

I never thought AAs Could be made so poorly before Reach was released. Bungie put little thought into them and the idea of having them balanced is non existent

Sprint: Most peoples opinion on it is "Sprint makes the game more fast paced". Does it really?? I have not really noticed since all I ever notice is how sloppy battles have become with people constantly going for double beat downs since they can just simply sprint at the speed of light towards the enemy. Also Sprint seems to aid new players when they are in bad positions as they can just simply sprint away and would not learn(creating a new generation of bad players), where as in previous halo game they would die and learn from their mistakes.

Jet pack: Seems ridiculous to have it as a starting ability. I have often played games in arena where everyone simply jet packs as high as they can into the sky to gain a height advantage instantly (Only happens on certain maps) and would spray the hell of you. Jet packs also ruin the idea of skill jumping if the person can just simply use a jet pack which requires no skill what so ever.

Armour Lock: Glad 343 took it out as it was nothing but annoying and added nothing to table.

Camo: Always should of stayed as a pickup, I don't understand why Bungie thought camo would be a BALANCED Armour ability.

Hologram: Useless

Bungie was trying something new in Reach and it failed epicly

Stop defending it, just accept its bad

Just because you like it doesn't make it a good game

I like Vampire rain, not because it has good game mechanics but because its awesome how bad it is, which is similar to Reach

Are you stupid? This game had and still had one of the best multiplayers out there. I loved this game on September 14th 2010 and I still love it on June 18th 2012.

wheres the dislike button?? :)

Well, Reach has it's ups and downs, like every other game up there.

First and foremost, being a Brute Packmate fan, I don't even have to comment on the injustice done to Jiralhanae here.

They're made out to be damage sponges with no personality, not threataning at all, and worst yet, just there because!

This is a HERESY to the Species, you know....

Besides my Personal Nitpicks that have to do with nothing related to gameplay, I found it to be mostly very enjoyable.

The addition of Pro Slayer got rid of any balancing issues the game had right there and then.

The creativity in Forge also allowed people to express themselves truly to a point...

However, if we were to have mod tools, anything would be possible.

That's the best way to improve it if you ask me.

If you don't like something, fix it yourself!

I'm sorry if I'm the one who has to say it but Reach was an awful game

there's a reason why Reach struggles to have 100,000 compared to the Millions that played Halo 3 and Halo 2

Why are people saying bloom was a good idea??

It was the worst thing you could possible put in the game

On lan bloom works but online it would always **** you over, increase kill times and would give the host a huge advantage and as a result would make the game less skillful

AAs a step forward?? more like a step back tbh

I never thought AAs Could be made so poorly before Reach was released. Bungie put little thought into them and the idea of having them balanced is non existent

Sprint: Most peoples opinion on it is "Sprint makes the game more fast paced". Does it really?? I have not really noticed since all I ever notice is how sloppy battles have become with people constantly going for double beat downs since they can just simply sprint at the speed of light towards the enemy. Also Sprint seems to aid new players when they are in bad positions as they can just simply sprint away and would not learn(creating a new generation of bad players), where as in previous halo game they would die and learn from their mistakes.

Jet pack: Seems ridiculous to have it as a starting ability. I have often played games in arena where everyone simply jet packs as high as they can into the sky to gain a height advantage instantly (Only happens on certain maps) and would spray the hell of you. Jet packs also ruin the idea of skill jumping if the person can just simply use a jet pack which requires no skill what so ever.

Armour Lock: Glad 343 took it out as it was nothing but annoying and added nothing to table.

Camo: Always should of stayed as a pickup, I don't understand why Bungie thought camo would be a BALANCED Armour ability.

Hologram: Useless

Bungie was trying something new in Reach and it failed epicly

Stop defending it, just accept its bad

Just because you like it doesn't make it a good game

I like Vampire rain, not because it has good game mechanics but because its awesome how bad it is, which is similar to Reach

wheres the dislike button?? :)

1. Bloom was in all the Halo games. Reach was just the first game to let you see it.

2. If your lagging then it's not the game's fault.

3. While the armor abilities aren't perfectly balanced they are still not that hard to counter.

4. Sprint does make the game faster-paced. You can get to and from battles faster and get to the power weapons faster. If someone sprints away, then just sprint after them.

5. When someone uses a jetpack they almost always are visible to everyone on the map. Just shoot them and you'll either kill them or force them to go back down.

6. 343 didn't take AL out.

7. They thought it would be balanced because it jams your radar when someone uses active camo near you alerting you to their presence.

8. Hologram isn't useless. There are many ways to use it to your advantage.

And if Halo Reach failed then why does it have so many more people playing it then Halo 3 does?

1. Bloom was in all the Halo games. Reach was just the first game to let you see it.

3. While the armor abilities aren't perfectly balanced they are still not that hard to counter.

4. Sprint does make the game faster-paced. You can get to and from battles faster and get to the power weapons faster. If someone sprints away, then just sprint after them.

5. When someone uses a jetpack they almost always are visible to everyone on the map. Just shoot them and you'll either kill them or force them to go back down.

7. They thought it would be balanced because it jams your radar when someone uses active camo near you alerting you to their presence.

And if Halo Reach failed then why does it have so many more people playing it then Halo 3 does?

1. Yes but not to the extent of the bloom in Reach which makes it ridiculous to play

2. Most games on Halo are Laggy and no it is the games fault for giving the host to a person with a bad connection (which happens quite a lot)

3. If they aren't balanced then they shouldn't of been in the game fullstop or Bungie should of gone back to the drawing board and thought of some better AAs that weren't thought up by mentally handicapped child.

4. Yes but sprint increases kill times since people take longer die due to them running away which you might think isn't a big deal but it makes the game slower and more boring to watch

5. If you played someone who actually knows how to use a jet pack you would get raped. You clearly are visualizing it wrong

6. I was talking about Halo 4 mate

7.Yes but thats only if you're near them. What if someone crotched at the otherside of the map with camo and snipe and was picking off you team. How can you see him?? and how could you possibly kill him? "easy to counter my arse"

8.Dude I'm so tired of **** Reach kids telling me hologram is Good. It ******* isn't, it doesn't acheive anything and is a waste of time to use

More people played Halo 3 then the amount that are currently playing Reach now. Most Halo 3 players quit Halo when they realized how bad Reach is. Most of them have moved on to better games like Starcraft and LoL

Also nice K/D :D

Reach multiplayer is one of those games where you need SERIOUS patience if you want to level up, but other than that, I love the daily and weekly challenges, commendations, but I hate how they took the Noble 1 playlist off.. Since they did, I haven't even been able to play any Noble maps

Just asking, but what is Bloom?!

Reach multiplayer is one of those games where you need SERIOUS patience if you want to level up, but other than that, I love the daily and weekly challenges, commendations, but I hate how they took the Noble 1 playlist off.. Since they did, I haven't even been able to play any Noble maps

Just asking, but what is Bloom?!

Ranks in Reach require no skill to acquire. An Inheritor could be worse then a warrant officer grade 3.

Ranks are just pointless compared to other Halo titles

Ranks in Reach require no skill to acquire. An Inheritor could be worse then a warrant officer grade 3.

I realized that one day when I murdered an inheritor during the game

I liked Halo Reach, the story was superb.

However I disliked the fact that the jetpack was included in multiplayer. Armor lock wasn't overpowered, if anything it was perfect, my facourite ability.

I wouldn't say it was overpowered but it was definetly *** and annoying

It shouldn't of been in multiplayer all it did was allow retards live a few seconds longer

its a joke

I enjoyed Reach, I don't go too deeply into the mechanics of the game so I probably didn't notice all the things people complain about. I just play a game, If i like it i keep playing it, if i don't I sell it or get rid of it some other way. Simple as that.

I liked it.

Very good description. *claps*

I didn't like Reach.

The campaign, the characters, the multiplayer, nothing.

Armor Lock is overpowered, jet pack lasts too long and goes too high, Hologram just sucks, and the campaign is hard to connect to just like the characters.

Opinions?

well ur signiture makes it pretty apparent why u didnt like it... <.< and nextly the campaign was very involving granted it may have needed more of those cool sections where u feel like "holy cow im standing here in the middle of this" like some of the other campaigns gave u but it still had a very nice campaign and yes the armor lock may have been annoying and ppl using the jetpack may have driven a lot of us batty because of their "OH MY GOSH I GOT SHOT RUN AWAAAYYYY" mentality and the hologram may have been very difficult to make any use of but this game was still very good

I enjoyed Reach because it was something different and for once you get to have a taste of what it was like to be a part of a SPARTAN-III'S team. At first I didn't connect to the characters but over time I did.

I don't mind the armour abilities it spiced up the combat. The best use for hologram is to draw enemy fire.

The bloom was alright.

Overall I enjoyed it alot better than ODST ( miles better )

by no means were any of those spartans III's O-O firstly the III's trained and opperated on Onyx not reach and secondly Halsey had absolutely no clue about them until she crashed on the shield world so by no means were the spartans on halo reach spartan III's just to dispell this common misconception which i have noticed ppl going around saying

ok no offense but u seem to be trolling in ur previous posts...nextly the fact that ranks took no skill to acquire is not neccessarily a bad thing so wut if all the inheritors r bad at the game and u can kill em easy? just realize that theres ppl who spam for their ranks its the same on other games- like the 15 prestiges on blackops that go negative all the time yah know? besides its fun massacring someone whose a higher rank and the fact that its easier to rank up means easy access to those armors which r given by rank so dont be whining about it im sure u enjoyed the armor customization as much as everyone else did though im also sure ull post something raving about how u hated it extremely just play the game, shoot ppl in the face, have fun, make friends, and when u run into an inheritor who sux point and laugh as u blow them away easy-like and when u run into noobs who jetpack just side to side to annoy the crud outta em while they try to spray u cause a noob who has to jetpack away whenever they get shot is clearly going to be a poorly aiming noob who u had the element of suprise on

The campaign brought new elements to the table which was kind of cool. I liked ODST and its somber feel, and transition from MC. So yes to an extent I like Reach campaign. However I do agree that the characters were hard to connect with. Kat was lame, Emile was a punk. Carter was stereotypical. Jorge and Jun were the only cool ones.

I only use sprint, armor lock is only good against vehicles. jet Pack is worthless if you know how to play the game. Hologram is lame (glad it is being updated for Halo 4), and active camo was not active camo.

The mechanics of Reach are busted and the weapons do not function as they should. A headshot should be a headshot, a stick with a sticky should be a stick etc.

Reach was ok...Halo 2/3 were way better

by no means were any of those spartans III's O-O firstly the III's trained and opperated on Onyx not reach and secondly Halsey had absolutely no clue about them until she crashed on the shield world so by no means were the spartans on halo reach spartan III's just to dispell this common misconception which i have noticed ppl going around saying

Yes they were. O.o Bungie said so, multiple times. Go look it up. Honestly, what gave you this idea?

Weird, I could have sworn I have already posted in here. But, i guess I'll throw in my two cents now.

Reach was a fantastic game. Bloom was a bit off, and AAs could be a bit cheap, and the ranking system wasn't skillful, but it was still a helluva game. Whether you see or not, it did cater to casual and competitive players. Normal playlists and system for casual, and then the arena and MLG for competitive. (also, the zero bloom playlist when it was around). So, all in all, one of my favorite games.

[/color]

Yes they were. O.o Bungie said so, multiple times. Go look it up. Honestly, what gave you this idea?

HERESY! the spartan III's were not known by halsey until onyx which happens sometime after halo 3 which is years and years after reach- and they were NEVER under halseys command

if bungie did say they were spartan III's then bungie is not following its own storyline

besides they were wearing spartan II armor- spartan III's have a distinctive armor of which i have a picture:

305px Ghosts Of onyx

I loved forge, still found problems with it though. Campaign tried to bring out emotions, but it wasn't that good, (the cutscenes were decent though). Firefight is fun, but too repeatitive, and multiplayer is an on and off thing that can be really good or really bad.

That is why I mainly play ofn Halo 3, but have been getting back to Reach recently.

Reach is a good game. Still play it on a regular basis. Halo 2/3/ODST/Wars all had flaws that people cried about the whole time. They were all fun too. people who no longer play Reach probably play COD or Battlefield. Those games have major flaws too. Campaign and multiplayer are great. Anniversary levels are nostalgic and fun. SWAT is the business. The variations in gametypes are great. Who cares is ONLY 100,000 people are playing, that's 999,996 more people than I could play Halo CE multiplayer with. Gonna probably play Reach from time to time after Halo 4 comes out, just like I still play Black Ops from time to time after MW3 came out.

And just to co-sign, the Fall of Reach happened way before the Spartan-III program was ever started. Those are Spartan-IIs. During the Fall of Reach they lost all Spartan-IIs except for Master Chief and a few others scattered about. Team Noble nor any of the other Spartans that died on Reach were Spartan-IIIs. If you're claiming that Bungie said so, link it. People who are knowledgeable about the Halo Universe shouldn't have to disprove your point by doing the research you didn't do.