Halo 5 Guardians: Leaked Content & Spoiler Policy

RedStarRocket91

I saw two massive Metal Gear fans on Reddit get the ending of Mgs v spoiled for them five days before launch.

It devastated them and so I can totally see where these rules are coming from. :)

Spoilers are horrible so lets make sure everyone who comes here can experiences the game's story as the developers intended, playing the game.

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 3

With how story heavy Halo 5 is turning out to be I'm glad this is a thing and I am glad our moderators are willing to enforce this.

I take pity on the mods who accidentally read threads that contain spoilers while theyre trying to save the rest of us from them.

I'm aiming to beat Halo 5 the same night I get it so I'll do my best to report any threads to make sure nobody else has the game spoiled too early for them. 

• Like 4

I had Halo 4's ending spoiled for me. I tried to ignore during my first run, but by the second to last mission I knew it was true. Thanks for this.

I'm going dark around Oct.22nd from anything Halo related anyway. It will be strictly spooky scary stuff till I get the game.

• Like 2

I fully agree with this

I take pity on the mods who accidentally read threads that contain spoilers while theyre trying to save the rest of us from them.

I was thinking the exact same thing while reading this. Godspeed mods!

• Like 2

I would hate it if anyone posted a spoiler for something like Halo 5. It is a crucial game since it will either save Halo or destroy it (my opinion from MCC and other things).

Thanks for the update Red! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

As someone who had the ending of Halo 4 spoiled for me two weeks before it came out, it took away from the experience. I also remember having people discuss the ending in the shoutbox less than an hour before I got it, (I'm looking at you Europeans and Australians), so I couldn't pretend/believe the spoils ending was false.

I am very happy to see work before the release of Halo 5 this time around.

• Like 3

Great idea Rocket! (And to the mod team as well, i'm sure this was discussed with everyone??)  

As an Australian I know the curse and blessings of getting games a tad bit earlier than the majority of members, and I also know that spoilers suck (I got Halo 4 spoiled for me the day after its release, at school. It was very annoying). So i'll make sure to not even discuss the game until it releases in the US.

Question though: An unboxing of the LCE would be fine right? There will be 0 spoilers. (As I wouldn't have played the game yet) Just thought I will check before I do an unboxing and post it here. Thanks!  

Thanks for the effort put in, Mods. As Bnus said, it must truly suck to get spoiled yourself while protecting others.        

• Like 2

I approve of this policy! I really don't want Halo 5 to be spoiled, since I doubt I'll get to play it on day one. If I don't have much in the way of schoolwork, then I'll pick it up.

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.

• Like 1

Only problem I see is if someone starts it off with the spoiler, it's ruined for those who read the "Recent Posts" because BBCode don't work in "Recent Posts". Just my thoughts.

That's an excellent point - I'll see about getting the Halo 5 forums removed from the ticker until the end of November.

• Like 3

Some Questions;

A) Are spoilers allowed in the first week if they're fully marked and placed within [.spoiler][./spoiler] BBCode? I think this should at least apply in the lore forum, if nowhere else.

B) Does this apply for other Halo media? IE Novels, Comic releases, and so forth. I want to know if I should be like this with Last Light, releasing on tuesday and Shadow of Intent in december. Similarly, would saying Jul got the Janus Key be classed in this system, if that were posted a week after the comic was released, rather than five months? 

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 1

Some Questions;

A) Are spoilers allowed in the first week if they're fully marked and placed within [.spoiler][./spoiler] BBCode? I think this should at least apply in the lore forum, if nowhere else.

B) Does this apply for other Halo media? IE Novels, Comic releases, and so forth. I want to know if I should be like this with Last Light, releasing on tuesday and Shadow of Intent in december. Similarly, would saying Jul got the Janus Key be classed in this system, if that were posted a week after the comic was released, rather than five months? 

Any spoiler content from Halo 5: Guardians is banned across the whole site until the stated deadline has passed, and will result in disciplinary action regardless of whether or not it is enclosed in spoiler tags. Spoiler content from other Halo media (such as Hunters in the Dark, Escalation, and older Halo games) may be posted as normal: the spoiler rules posted in this thread apply exclusively to Halo 5: Guardians.

• Like 1

Any spoiler content from Halo 5: Guardians is banned across the whole site until the stated deadline has passed, and will result in disciplinary action regardless of whether or not it is enclosed in spoiler tags. Spoiler content from other Halo media (such as Hunters in the Dark, Escalation, and older Halo games) may be posted as normal: the spoiler rules posted in this thread apply exclusively to Halo 5: Guardians.

Alright, thanks to clarifying.

• Like 1

This is definitely a good policy, I remember there being tonnes of people spoiling Halo 4 for each other, whether they were just being trolls or a bit thoughtless of other people; it was very annoying and there is no place for it on a great and friendly forum such as this one.

I approve, Red :thumbsup:!

Great way to combat spoilers :).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...