•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Vitamin PWN : (17 February 2018 - 03:01 PM) my name is La Croix Sarsaparilla and i love hugs not drugs
@  Vitamin PWN : (17 February 2018 - 12:55 AM) neigh
@  Melody : (17 February 2018 - 12:51 AM) Moo...
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (17 February 2018 - 12:47 AM) @Guts @Vitamin PWN PUT YUOR GRASSES ON: NOTHING RILL BE WONG
@  Vitamin PWN : (16 February 2018 - 09:07 PM) True lol
@  Guts : (16 February 2018 - 09:05 PM) Who doesnt? Nothing better than Engrish
@  Vitamin PWN : (16 February 2018 - 09:04 PM) Yeah that it is, but if I’m being honest I kinda love it lol
@  Guts : (16 February 2018 - 08:58 PM) Its pretty hard to forget. Its the most out of place and confusing opening ever
@  Vitamin PWN : (16 February 2018 - 08:43 PM) @Guts every time I see your name I think of the opening for the 97 berserk anime
@  Guts : (16 February 2018 - 07:27 PM) I'd advise you to start another site poll (if you want to) because we have completely different opinions on this and we are going to get nowhere with this
@  Guts : (16 February 2018 - 07:16 PM) Oh boy, this is getting a bit ridiculous
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (16 February 2018 - 07:13 PM) @Guts Responded to your post. :yay:
@  Guts : (16 February 2018 - 03:22 PM) See ya
@  Vitamin PWN : (16 February 2018 - 03:21 PM) cya h6f
@  Halo6 Follower : (16 February 2018 - 03:21 PM) ...Lol, good timing. Cya around Vitamin.
@  Halo6 Follower : (16 February 2018 - 03:21 PM) Anywho, I might call it a night. Catch you all later! :D
@  Vitamin PWN : (16 February 2018 - 03:21 PM) im off to work, i'll talk to you guys later, have a great day/night
@  Halo6 Follower : (16 February 2018 - 03:20 PM) Lol
@  Vitamin PWN : (16 February 2018 - 03:19 PM) time to abandon ship
@  Vitamin PWN : (16 February 2018 - 03:13 PM) yep

Photo

343i.org City

simcity 4 simcity 343 city 343i city

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Maestro

Maestro

Psychotic Ninja of the USF

• Forge Group
  • 738 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Maestro9318
  • LocationA Land of Fire and Ice
         4       3      

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

Before I went to bed last night, I saw some talk in the shoutbox about 343 City. And being the lurker that I tend to be every now and then, I didn't talk at all and let the shouts fly briefly until I decided to go to bed. I pondered how such a city would be laid out...

...then, an idea popped into my head. Why not make it in Simcity 4? So sure enough, I'm going to! But I don't want to run the show by myself. That's why I want YOU to choose your favourite out of these three locations I found in the region I've chosen:

Location 1:

Spoiler

Location 2:

Spoiler

Location 3:

Spoiler

So yeah, pick your favourite spot! Voting ends in ONE WEEK.

EDIT: As for the lack of trees in each location, it's tough to see what the land entails with them there. So once a spot is chosen, I will do some gardening and then construction will begin. Also, regardless of location, 343 City will have at least one neighbouring city, as cities do not function alone very well in Simcity 4.

I'll be updating how construction is going whenever I can. But between work and looking at post-secondary, I'll make sure to update at least once a week.

ZAO0DB9.png

Got Super Mario Maker? Share your level codes here!

Mayor of 343i City

#2 Yoshi1176

Yoshi1176

Co-Founder of HTA

• Event Management
  • 1,800 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Yoshi1176
  • LocationSan Francisco
      8          2          5               

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

Location two I like a lot better. Also could get a character named after me :3

Posted Image

First Presidential MoM

First person to serve two consecutive terms as president of the USF

10th and 11th President of the USF

#3 BeckoningZebra1

BeckoningZebra1

The Negotiator

• Legendary Members
  • 1,807 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:BeckoningZebra1
  • LocationNorth Carolina
10       2                                    

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Location 3, it looks the best.

SIG17c699.png

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something.

The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will do."

#4 D38Boss

D38Boss

Delta-1138

• Art Group
  • 1,799 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:xXRC BossXx
  • LocationThe Hideout
11       2         

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Get some awesome bridges.

76561198014783625.png

#5 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

Location one I think it would be the best because ....

It is the will of the force it is in all of us it binds the universe as one

( Take that medclorians ) or something like that. :D

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#6 Halo6 Follower

Halo6 Follower

The Forum Follower

• Community Moderators
  • 709 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BatedSuperior5
  • Location'Straya!
            10             2    2      

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

i think looks the best. Just because you can get some awesome bridges into it.   

Posted Image

The Purple shall stay. Thanks to JXZAW for putting up with my cat placement!

#7 VinWarrior

VinWarrior

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,493 posts
Heroic
7          2                              

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Location 2 in my opinion seems the best stylized for what the Forums really are, the Staff perched on one side watching over the masses, sometimes crossing over to lay down the law, and the members, not aware of what's going on on Island 2, as they are prohibited to leave their own island until they advance.

Vinwarrior2.png

#8 Is not JL

Is not JL

I got banned from XBL for saying my dad works at Microsoft :<

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,511 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:JL1223 X
4    2    9    2            

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

Location 1. Different islands, different subforums. Also would take skill to build a good looking city.

Second pick would be location 3, because it resembles my city, but my city also resembles a landfilled sinkhole of air pollution, sound pollution and light pollution.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%2022.24.

#9 Adam91

Adam91

343 Guilty Spark

• Legendary Members
  • 1,726 posts
Legendary

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

I go for location 3, I'd imagine seeing city buildings and structures around the bottom of that mountain would look cool and bridges stretching over to the other piece of land connecting the two city landscapes together.

Location 2 would be my second to pick.

#10 Maestro

Maestro

• Forge Group
  • 738 posts
Inspiring
         4       3      

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

UPDATE

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who has voted and replied to this thread so far! I'm pumped to start the groundbreaking and getting everything underway.

Thus far, I've been gathering a whole bunch of custom content, mainly small residential, commercial, and civic buildings to prevent an overflow of dreadful Maxis buildings from popping up everywhere like weeds. I've got a reasonable collection of taller buildings as well, but I don't need to worry about those nearly as much since little buildings pop up far more frequently than skyscrapers.

Spoiler

I've also been looking at getting some bridges as well, since every location I've chosen will need at least one bridge. The issue with bridges, however, is that they need a specific length or shore height in order to look presentable. I've found as much Halo-related content as well, what little there is. Regardless, you will recognize one piece, and maybe a couple more if you paid a lot of attention to ODST. If 343 City becomes a bustling metropolis, you may start to see some tall buildings from cities around the world.

Which brings me to my second point. I've been looking extensively at each location and have started developing some plans on how a city can be laid out to fully utilize what the land has to offer and where to set up main thoroughfares. I've been giving Location 3 more attention because that seems to be the favourite location so far and also requires the most planning of all locations to make it look half-decent. When you build on relatively steep slopes in Simcity 4, it produces hideous and insanely steep cliffsides.

And finally...

@ Yoshi: You can get a Sim named after you, but chances are he won't look anything like you or be able to navigate NAM (it's a transport mod) road systems. Darn pathfinding issues and just sheer Sim stupidity are the downfall of every "My Sim" inhabitant you add into any city. I'll name a building after you instead. :D

@ Da Baws: Funny that you mention getting bridges in Location 3... custom bridges are most likely to work on its shores.

@ Ranger447: I thought the force that binds the universe was gravity!

@ Halo5follower: Uh... which one?

@ Eddy: Heh, symbolism. Location 1 would also be a similar idea, would it not?

@ Magical Love: Your hometown's also the source for many towers on Simtropolis. There's an entire team dedicated to recreating buildings from Hong Kong for use in Simcity 4. :D

@ adam91: Hopefully I can get the population in Location 3 to grow enough so that large buildings start appearing at the base of the mountain.

ZAO0DB9.png

Mayor of 343i City

#11 Mordred

Mordred

The Knight of Rebellion

• Dedicated Members
  • 988 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:TheSirLagalott
  • LocationBehind my Sofa
10       19    2          2                  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

i would say number 3 because if it is done right it will look amazing because of the complexity of it

CB81XOg.gif

#12 UNSC Spartan-II

UNSC Spartan-II

Spartan-II

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,660 posts
Inspiring
2    7    17             3               

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

I posted here before but some for reason my post didn't load properly. I chose Location 1 because I think it would best suit a 343.org City.

3VPG1I4.jpg

#13 Buns

Buns

The Fiber Crusader

• Legendary Members
  • 1,936 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Warm Bnus
  • LocationInstallation 00
14             2                     

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

Location 2 seems like the best one to make 343City the best city ever. 

gallery_88375_757_102964.jpg

#14 Maestro

Maestro

• Forge Group
  • 738 posts
Inspiring
         4       3      

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

And the polls are now closed! Thanks to everyone who voted! With a final score of 10-8-6, dragging behind in the polls until yesterday, the winning location is...

post-71046-0-79318600-1391364663.png

post-71046-0-98397900-1391364857.png

LOCATION TWO!

Before groundbreaking begins, I have to resolve a glitch regarding sidewalk textures... for some reason, red cobblestone shows up in front of high wealth residential and commercial buildings, and the rest of the sidewalks show up as regular grey sidewalks. I also need to get a few more small buildings, and then 343 City will be ready to go!

ZAO0DB9.png

Mayor of 343i City

#15 Maestro

Maestro

• Forge Group
  • 738 posts
Inspiring
         4       3      

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

Here, listen to some music while you read! Also, read the spoiler.

Spoiler

343i City Founded, Members and Moderators Celebrate!

Construction on 343i City is finally underway! After a week of city council meticulously planning the layout of 343i City and the future populace voting on a location, groundbreaking of various properties around the city and one major motorway has taken place.

343i City-Apr. 16, 001392077032.png

With a total population of 142 residents, and the establishment of a small clinic, police precinct, and fire station, as well as an elementary and high school, citizens are optimistic about the newborn city's future.

"Mayor Maestro seems like a pretty stand-up guy," a green member who wished to remain anonymous stated. "We can trust a guy like him, with over ten years of city building experience under his belt, to guide this city to prosperity. I'm glad I voted for him in that mayoral election that totally happened on February 29 back in Cyphern's election of '0π. Been voting for him ever since then."

Many in the town has been singing praises, including the upper ranks of the local precinct. "I'm confident in our police force's abilities. Our team is a well-rounded group that upholds the laws in which Governor Twam has set forth," the Chief of Police, RedStarRocket91, told the 343 Bulletin. "As 343i City grows, I firmly believe that our team can keep the crime rate low and maintain the peace as long as Mayor Maestro builds precincts accordingly. But for the time being, the Stig doesn't even have to worry about people peeling out on his roads!" He also remarked on the town's firefighting squad. "Our firefighters are the best of the best. They've put out many flame wars before they even start!"

A sailor by the name of Edward Kenway also expressed his opinion of 343i City's location. "Arr, there be plenty o' fish and whales in Bungie Bay fer me mateys an' I to catch!" However, his opinion was not wholly positive. "There be some wicked creatures lurkin' in the deep. Some call the location the Trench of the Banned. Ye never know what sort o' critters ye be reelin' in when ye weigh anchor thar!"

However, local healthcare workers are worried. Local pharmacist Vitamin PWN expressed his concerns over the town's ability to get much needed medication. "With the lack of infrastructure in place, it'll take weeks to bring in a measly bottle of aspirin. I've heard time and time again from DoctorB77 that he doesn't want to operate on anyone using mushrooms collected from people's bathmats or random shrubbery purchased from people who say 'ni'. Headaches have to be treated in ceremonies led by questionable folks in robes on the shore near the Trench of the Banned, and don't get me started on nausea." Vitamin PWN hopes that an airport is constructed in the near future so cargo aircraft can bring in precious medicine much faster than the town's ferry boats.

DoctorB77 could not be reached for comment.

Mt. Russell-1392077211.png

Bnus commented on the town's current lack of communication equipment. "I couldn't help but notice that as soon as I finished hauling my stuff into my house and checked my cellphone, I didn't have a signal. I'm glad I have my ham radio and know how to communicate using smoke signals!"

Overall, the town is hopeful for the future. Although everyone has their own concerns, the Mayor has said that they will be addressed as they become prevalent. He also went on to say that the positions of superintendent, fire chief, and utilities advisor are open.

ZAO0DB9.png

Mayor of 343i City

#16 Vitamin PWN

Vitamin PWN

Your #1 fan

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,297 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Vitamin Pwn
  • LocationThe Millennium Capital
4    2                                 

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Here, listen to some music while you read! Also, read the spoiler.

Spoiler

343i City Founded, Members and Moderators Celebrate!

Construction on 343i City is finally underway! After a week of city council meticulously planning the layout of 343i City and the future populace voting on a location, groundbreaking of various properties around the city and one major motorway has taken place.

attachicon.gif 343i City-Apr. 16, 001392077032.png

With a total population of 142 residents, and the establishment of a small clinic, police precinct, and fire station, as well as an elementary and high school, citizens are optimistic about the newborn city's future.

"Mayor Maestro seems like a pretty stand-up guy," a green member who wished to remain anonymous stated. "We can trust a guy like him, with over ten years of city building experience under his belt, to guide this city to prosperity. I'm glad I voted for him in that mayoral election that totally happened on February 29 back in Cyphern's election of '0π. Been voting for him ever since then."

Many in the town has been singing praises, including the upper ranks of the local precinct. "I'm confident in our police force's abilities. Our team is a well-rounded group that upholds the laws in which Governor Twam has set forth," the Chief of Police, RedStarRocket91, told the 343 Bulletin. "As 343i City grows, I firmly believe that our team can keep the crime rate low and maintain the peace as long as Mayor Maestro builds precincts accordingly. But for the time being, the Stig doesn't even have to worry about people peeling out on his roads!" He also remarked on the town's firefighting squad. "Our firefighters are the best of the best. They've put out many flame wars before they even start!"

A sailor by the name of Edward Kenway also expressed his opinion of 343i City's location. "Arr, there be plenty o' fish and whales in Bungie Bay fer me mateys an' I to catch!" His opinion was not wholly positive. "There be some wicked creatures lurkin' in the deep. Some call the location the Trench of the Banned. Ye never know what sort o' critters ye be reelin' in when ye weigh anchor thar!"

However, local healthcare workers are worried. Local pharmacist Vitamin PWN expressed his concerns over the town's ability to get much needed medication. "With the lack of infrastructure in place, it'll take weeks to bring in a measly bottle of aspirin. I've heard time and time again from DoctorB77 that he doesn't want to operate on anyone using mushrooms collected from people's bathmats or random shrubbery purchased from people who say 'ni'. Headaches have to be treated in ceremonies led by questionable folks in robes on the shore near the Trench of the Banned, and don't get me started on nausea." Vitamin PWN hopes that an airport is constructed in the near future so cargo aircraft can bring in precious medicine much faster than the town's ferry boats.

DoctorB77 could not be reached for comment.

Bnus commented on the town's current lack of communication equipment. "I couldn't help but notice that as soon as I finished hauling my stuff into my house and checked my cellphone, I didn't have a signal. I'm glad I have my ham radio and know how to communicate using smoke signals!"

Overall, the town is hopeful for the future. Although everyone has their own concerns, the Mayor has said that they will be addressed as they become prevalent. He also went on to say that the positions of superintendent, fire chief, and utilities advisor are open.

I'm the local pharmacist? I love it! :lol: and i love the Monty Pyton and the Holy Grail reference  ;)

Edited by Vitamin PWN, 10 February 2014 - 09:24 PM.

FXaknNz.gif

#17 Yoshi1176

Yoshi1176

Co-Founder of HTA

• Event Management
  • 1,800 posts
Heroic
  • LocationSan Francisco
      8          2          5               

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Nice! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I think i need to visit Dr. Vitamin PWN... I feel a bit ill.

Edited by Yoshi1176, 10 February 2014 - 09:31 PM.

Posted Image

First Presidential MoM

#18 Zaguroth

Zaguroth

Tiddlieroth

• Dedicated Members
  • 644 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Zaguroth
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

Did you manage to find a doughnut shop o_O?

Posted Image

#19 Vitamin PWN

Vitamin PWN

Your #1 fan

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,297 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Vitamin Pwn
  • LocationThe Millennium Capital
4    2                                 

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

Nice! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I think i need to visit Dr. Vitamin PWN... I fell a bit ill.

just a warning until we get a quick way to get medications,  all i got is shower mat mushrooms and shrubbery to prescribe to you

FXaknNz.gif

#20 Yoshi1176

Yoshi1176

Co-Founder of HTA

• Event Management
  • 1,800 posts
Heroic
  • LocationSan Francisco
      8          2          5               

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

just a warning until we get a quick way to get medications,  all i got is shower mat mushrooms and shrubbery to prescribe to you

Will I make it doctor? How bad is it you gotta help me!

Posted Image

First Presidential MoM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: simcity 4, simcity, 343 city, 343i, city

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users