Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 Matchmaking?

ZB-85

Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 matchmaking?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Matchmaking?

Other than Machinimas, I see no reason to keep them. Yes, Machinimas benefit, but most use only Spartans anyway. Least you see it like I do.

Not many people seem to care enough to address the fact that it is many peoples Halo identity, just as the Spartans are.

I bet you'd get real bitchy and pissy if they removed Spartans, In fact, I KNOW you guys would, so before you go around saying "oh, get over it, not a big deal, hur durr" what if they took away YOUR Halo identity.

Playing as an elite kinda sucked. in Invasion they were slower and had worse off starting weaponry the spartans had an advantage. in general ehh not really didnt really bother me unless the gametype was invasion but i generally play as a spartan.

Not many people seem to care enough to address the fact that it is many peoples Halo identity, just as the Spartans are.

I bet you'd get real bitchy and pissy if they removed Spartans, In fact, I KNOW you guys would, so before you go around saying "oh, get over it, not a big deal, hur durr" what if they took away YOUR Halo identity.

Well considering that the main protagonists in the franchise are spartans, it would be a little redundant to remove them from multiplayer wouldn't it? Elites being playable in multiplayer was purely a gimmick. I don't think that Bungie expected that by including them in the game, it would start some wierd role playing experience for those few that take the game a little too serious.

I don't see why they couldn't have the Elites return to multiplayer since they technically are good, just not some of them. Elites appearance looks to ugly and mean in Halo 4, while in Halo 3, they purposely tried making them look friendly. I wouldn't care either way though.

Well considering that the main protagonists in the franchise are spartans, it would be a little redundant to remove them from multiplayer wouldn't it? Elites being playable in multiplayer was purely a gimmick. I don't think that Bungie expected that by including them in the game, it would start some wierd role playing experience for those few that take the game a little too serious.

Elites have been playable since the beginning of Halo multiplayer, I don't understand why they've been removed.

I don't care. If we were all Elites, great. I don't care for cosmetics.

Elites have been playable since the beginning of Halo multiplayer, I don't understand why they've been removed.

Since Halo 2, not the beginning.

Yeah I'm a little bummed because It's how I differenciated myself from other gamers. Plus I would always make fun invasion maps and I've always wanted to make a Machinima about a beast (the elite) that escapes a secret government facility AND a werewolf Machinima.

So yeah it kinda puts a hamper on my future plans but one can't be too optimistic and think 343 has just been keeping us in the dark...

A Game where you play as an Elite wouldnt be a bad idea, perhaps it could be during the civil war between the Elites and the more fanatical elites. Alien v Alien in other words. That would be good so long as they give it the attention it deserves. Halo 2's mission was great but wasnt as well fleshed out, unlike the Master Chief and his role. So if they spend the time and money on it, then it would do quite well.

A Game where you play as an Elite wouldnt be a bad idea, perhaps it could be during the civil war between the Elites and the more fanatical elites. Alien v Alien in other words. That would be good so long as they give it the attention it deserves. Halo 2's mission was great but wasnt as well fleshed out, unlike the Master Chief and his role. So if they spend the time and money on it, then it would do quite well.

Oh that would be cool...it could cover the civil war beginning with The Thursday War and feature Arby as the protagonist

• 5 weeks later...

I honestly don't care that Elites aren't playable in Halo 4's matchmaking. Didn't care for it in Reach, won't care for it in 4. It's no big deal. Sure, maybe it was cool to use in some Custom Games. But hey, being a Spartan isn't a sin people! No reason to be mad that you can't play as a Covenant alien scumbag. ;)

actually it was the astetic elites that made the covenant weaponry and they are made in the use of forerunner weapon and you cannot have an opinion on something if you dont know it.. now go into a sangheli clan or fleet see how many people have elite names like zuka vernasee, voro vodatee, sesa vadumee, there are thousands of us and learn our oath of samurai and the ranks and the meaning of a real sangheli then ill listen to your comment ms

you ******* idiot, go up to a huge elite fanboy and ask him/her which species is better, the answer will be unbelievably biased. oath of samurai ha you make me laugh! also how is an elite more difficult to kill? it has the sane ammount oh health and shields, they only difference is that elites can run like ******* ******* so they can regain their health which spartans dont need to.

• 4 weeks later...

honest truth its kind of **** because even though you don't care if elites are playable or not but there are people who acually make movies witch humans vs aliens are pretty cool compare with human vs humans as it is not the right consept as he do that so having humans and aliens together fighting each other or with is pretty cool so having both its pretty cool but this is just my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

They DID ruin the game, I don't care how much time they spend on makking the game, automatic weapons porwerful than ever, and then they aren't happy with that, so "why not to put another noob weapon; the AAP" automatic weapons shouldn't have such power, i know from distance they don't work but still being campers, regicide is now about to kill the king doesn't matter the kills and deaths you have now just go for the king..if they want that gametype ok.....but they should put the normal FFA, slayer pro....that as the thing I most love of halo 4... a special list, then they removed it.. ¬¬

also with the team sniper did the same... there goes the hability list

Im agree with Hunter, 343i want to "change" halo universe, but...hello, use logic...if they change something is not more halo, is about to adding things, not changing...I do admit 343i improved a little thing like the flood list, flood cant be detected as before, i loved that,ammmm...maybe the bloom. But they made the mistake of making the "sprint hability" as principal, the maps were designed on thinking "if you need cover don't worry, you can run or hide in everywhere" .

I can still saying a lot of things i didnt like it...but I know it won't solve anything....but all that it MATTERS...

BUNGIE!!!! Bungie give us the best halo universe, and that won't change...no matter what 343i do.....