Breaking Bones. Taking Names

ZB-85

There are a few things I quite like about this map - the Sniper Rifle in the middle is a brilliant decision, as considering how open the sightlines are, the teams really can't afford to lose control of it. I like the use of the Large Barricades in the middle of each base, and the fact that there are multiple exits to each base.

There are quite a few problems in its current state, however. I'll try and be as constructive as I can about them.

First off, there are some serious problems with weapon spawns in the Blue Base. The Magnum up in the tower can only be accessed by falling off the sandbag wall and landing on the ramp towards the central platforms, which is a lot riskier than the safe Magnum in Red Team's tower. The Frag and Plasma 'Nades in the central building also aren't spawning, putting Blue at a big disadvantage. Blue Team also gets a DMR in the lower exit from the base, whereas Red Team doesn't get one in theirs. All of these can probably be solved simply by adding the items back into their spawn positions, and so should be pretty easy to fix.

The actual weapons themselves might create a lot of problems, though. The neutral Sniper Rifle is an interesting choice, but the map really is far too open - it's going to lead to a stalemate where the team without the Sniper Rifle is afraid to leave their base because of the lack of cover, and the team with it is afraid to attack because of the amount of CQC weaponry in their opponents' base. I'd strongly suggest either swapping out the Sniper Rifle for something else like a Shotgun or Focus Rifle, or at the very least cutting the amount of ammunition it spawns with. Seriously, 12 shots will kill map movement.

I'd also suggest swapping the Shotguns and Needlers around, as this would prevent players from just being able to camp in their bases from the very start. Even then, Needlers may be a bad choice as the map is so open that there would be almost no way to dodge the projectiles.

That kind of brings me on to my last point. There desperately needs to be more cover here - as is, there's no way that anyone will ever leave the bases unless they have a death wish, as there is just nowhere to hide when the bullets are flying. Add some doorways to the bottom of ramps, Glass Covers, Covers, Crenellation Covers, whatever - just something to duck behind when your opponents are firing at you from the high ground.

The killzones are also going to need some attention. It's currently possible to hide on the roof at the back of each base, and that's not even with Jetpack or Sprint. The killzone below the map also needs to be expanded or a safe zone added, because right now it's possible to get down onto the surface of the Pillar even by accident.

There's definitely potential in this map, but it really needs a few changes before it's going to be won by anything but the first rush for the Sniper Rifle.

Played the updated version, it works much better! I'm still somewhat concerned about the height advantages in each base, but bringing the Shotguns down to the centre should help with that, and the extra cover will definitely make map movement better. I really like what you did with the glass covers in the centre of the map, people will feel comfortable going for the Focus Rifle and now if someone picks up the Shotgun they won't just get killed immediately by someone in the centre - very big improvements and I look forward to playing on it!

• Like 1