Difference In HUDs in GI Pics and MP Footage?

Drizzy_Dan

Does anyone remember the numbers in the top right during the Halo 4 First Look video that were supposedly grenade slots? Now those were never confirmed but it seemed pretty likely that they were. Well in the GameInformer Magazine leaked photos the slots for these grenades have switched sides which has me really confused and skeptical.

Here is the pic from the First Look ViDoc:

screenshot_278855_thumb_wide940.jpg

This is the new pic from the GI leak:

14.jpg

Could this be because of a different game type or how could this be explained?

Note: There are more grenades in the images from the GameInformer pic than the one from the First Look ViDoc.

he did say some of the LEAK isn't real, this maybe 1 thing, or, maybe they are 2 different gametypes which have different huds, IE: BR Slayer doesn't have that cube, DMR Does.

I think though IMO that part of the GI leak isn't real, and its being edited.

• Like 2

Still in very early development. Finished product will be different from initial images as new tweaks are made. To be expected, especially as we get closer to the release. As far as the number of grenades, both images have three grenade slots. The first image shows "2, 0, 0" (frag designated by the number 2 with an extra image of the frag to the right of the selection), second image shows "0, 0, 0". I'm very curious to know what the third grenade option will be.....maybe frag, plasma, and a forerunner type of grenade.

BR Slayer doesn't have that cube, DMR Does.

This is a plausible explanation. Although the "cube" could be some sort of ability (note what seems to be a power bar underneath it). I think it's safe to say that with what little "solid" info we have, everyone's still starved for more.

Still in very early development. Finished product will be different from initial images as new tweaks are made. To be expected, especially as we get closer to the release. As far as the number of grenades, both images have three grenade slots. The first image shows "2, 0, 0" (frag designated by the number 2 with an extra image of the frag to the right of the selection), second image shows "0, 0, 0". I'm very curious to know what the third grenade option will be.....maybe frag, plasma, and a forerunner type of grenade.

This is a plausible explanation. Although the "cube" could be some sort of ability (note what seems to be a power bar underneath it). I think it's safe to say that with what little "solid" info we have, everyone's still starved for more.

I really hope a flame grenade, that was so fun in Halo 3

• Like 1

Another explanation could be that the vidoc footage was actually fairly old. Then again, the hud could possibly be like the easiest thing to change and move stuff around on.

I haven't been on in a while so this stuff may be discussed in another topic I haven't looked at yet, but the dmr looks funky as funk can be haha. Also the caption that elites are not playable makes me a happy panda, even though I know a lot of people will now be disappointed.