Would you play a rpg based on the forums?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. well, would you?

• Most definately my good sir, that sounds most splendid!
    • me no want forum game, vitamin are stoopid.
    • eh i dont care either way.
  2. 2. Would you like to be in the game? (comment below so i know who you are)

• Yeah that sounds cool
    • no thanks loser, i dont want you ruining my style.
    • Wh'ever bro

So i recently bought RPG maker on my pc, and decided, that im gonna make a game loosely based on the forums here, i say loosely because i may or may not need the change things up to fit my narrative. So my question is would anyone be interested in playing it? And seeing as i dont want to put anyone in it without asking so if anyone would like to be in it as an NPC let me know.

Also know that im a pretty bad writer so the story will mostly likely suck and be full of plot holes and spelling errors.

• Like 2

Did you read my mind by any chance? I have been contemplating the same thing on-and-off since I got RPG Maker 2003 working on this computer! :hrhr:

Also yes and yes.

Edited by Maestro
  • Like 1

Did you read my mind by any chance? I have been contemplating the same thing on-and-off since I got RPG Maker 2003 working on this computer! :hrhr:

lol great minds think a like, i got RPG maker vx ace a few days back, humble bundle has it on sale for as low as a buck lol, i payed 12 bucks and got a ton of dlc for it too lol.

Edited by Vitamin PWN
  • Like 1

lol great minds think a like, i got RPG maker vx ace a few days back, humble bundle has it on sale for as low as a buck lol, i payed 12 bucks and got a ton of dlc for it too lol.

Same here it was a steal!

I also made a Top-Down shooter for the game awhile back. It was fairly simple and it was basically just surviving waves of the same zombies(members) as you played as Twam and shot out awards(I made it using GameMaker Studio) sadly I deleted the project because well, it sucked lol. 

I would be interested in doing the pixel art for this game if you want. I may be working on my own projects but I always have time for the forum!

• Like 2

Same here it was a steal!

I also made a Top-Down shooter for the game awhile back. It was fairly simple and it was basically just surviving waves of the same zombies(members) as you played as Twam and shot out awards(I made it using GameMaker Studio) sadly I deleted the project because well, it sucked lol. 

I would be interested in doing the pixel art for this game if you want. I may be working on my own projects but I always have time for the forum!

lol that games sounds pretty awesome lol, as for the pixel art, if you could find the time to make some i would totally use it in the game. 

The only downside is that I found VX Ace to be rather clunky to use and in terms of map design. I would've been all over that deal if it weren't for the world map looking so... square. And instead of giving a character abilities in the character screen, you have to make a class for each character. A character named Jim needs to be a Jim-class character. :|

• Like 1

The only downside is that I found VX Ace to be rather clunky to use and in terms of map design. I would've been all over that deal if it weren't for the world map looking so... square. And instead of giving a character abilities in the character screen, you have to make a class for each character. A character named Jim needs to be a Jim-class character. :|

yeah i noticed all the squareness you're talking about, but doesnt really bother me, and the bundle came with rpg maker xp too so i could always use that lol, though idk if it's any better.

Edited by Vitamin PWN

I think we should tell people now that RPG Maker VX Ace is only good(for beginners) at making 2D Turn Based RPG games like Pokemon. If you don't like that then sadly it takes a lot of work to try something different within the program. I don't know anyone here(besides Maestro) who knows Ruby to make that happen.

• Like 2

I think we should tell people now that RPG Maker VX Ace is only good(for beginners) at making 2D Turn Based RPG games like Pokemon. If you don't like that then sadly it takes a lot of work to try something different within the program. I don't know anyone here(besides Maestro) who knows Ruby to make that happen.

Is it like Pokemon or is it more like Fallout, Wasteland, and the tactical part of Baldurs Gate?

I didn't even bother learning Ruby. I do have an extensive knowledge of RPG Maker 2003 though, which does have an active battle system and a side-view perspective like Final Fantasies 4-6.

• 1 month later...