How did you find the forums

Akali

So this has probably been done before but I don't know (probably has)

How did all of you find the forums?

I found it because a friend said he was doing an event on Halo: Reach and I love reach and naturally I wanted to join him but I couldn't because I wasn't a member of the site, I was confused at first so he explained it to me and I wanted to join the site. He sent me the link and I signed up to do the event and after I stayed a while to see if the site was worth staying on and it was :D

So here I am today doing things.

Tell us members how you got here.

Special thanks to JXZAW for telling me, teasing me and linking me :)

• Like 3

I used to hang out on another forum called Halo4Nation. Around, say, Summer of 2012 it was created, and I joined the day it was commissioned. There was a Halo 4 countdown clock to chronicle the game's arrival.

For awhile the forum thrived. Then I think a month after Halo 4 came out a large amount of players stopped playing, and the forum began to die.

Eventually the forum was on it's last legs, and I decided to look for another forum about Halo in June 2013. Lo and behold 343Industries.org popped up, and I joined post-haste.

As of now the Halo4Nation forum is dead. It now redirects you to DestinyNews.net forums: pretty much the forum that spawned from Halo4Nation before it died. Though I say it's barely alive as well.

Before the days where I talked a bit too much about mods and got my butt banned off Waypoint, somebody in the off-topic thread (Not sure who) linked me to a website called Halocustoms because I wanted to, well, play customs.

One of the people there was also a guy here, and so I joined up here as well. 

I came here because I was in a party with The MoM Marine and TGS Shadowless and they were on about some forum and how TGS was being stupid and they were laughing their butts off about it so I decided to check what they were doing and then when I signed up everyone thought I was the just banned TGS Shadowless thanks guys love you too then they realized 'oh wait! he's got a different IP stahp guys he's safe!' and I wondered what have I gotten into?

An old buddy recommended the site to me, but told me that it wasn't the official site. I don't remember who that friend is, though it might have possibly been OMG Treason. He was an old competitive buddy of mine. Good times. Nevertheless, The Director was the only reason I stayed on this site. 

Before I ever joined the site, I sort of spied on the forums just to see what other players thought of Halo, and for some Halo 4 news. I liked the demeanor I saw but I never planned on creating an account.

I finally created an account on this site 2 days after the release of Halo 4. I believe I searched up something along the lines of "What's wrong with Halo 4?" or something like that. This was when the animosity after release was starting, and I didn't fully understand where it was coming from because for the first two days, I had certainly enjoyed it. Before then, I had no idea what other Halo players had wanted or felt like regarding their stance on games. Safe to say I got chewed for defending 343I so quickly post launch, and I was blindly ignoring some of the facts.

Sort of a rough start, If I would say so my self. This site taught me very quickly to always look at every angle and understand each one thoroughly.

• Like 1

Well... here goes nothing.

I was a young fit lad with toned abs who loved adventure and fitness and had smokin hot girlfriend. One day while I was hiking up Mt. Ararat in search for the elusive Noahs Ark, it had been a 5 day journey searching in and out of ice caverns and cliff edges. I had beaten off hunters and wolves who tried to take my life. I was exhausted and the light was fading out... so I sat down my bag to catch my breath when all of a sudden... I spotted it. It was perfectly preserved and 3/4ths of it was covered in Ice connecting to the mountain. I reached down to grab my camera from my bag, I knew I could make history by revealing the Biblical Noah's ark and I had been the first ever to find it! When I reached down, my bag began to slide, I placed it on an icy slope... great. When I reached for it, I slipped, the camera fell out of my hands and broke into many pieces and I slide down the icy slope into a small ice pocket where the only known way out... was up. I was trapped, so I thought... before I knew it -thud- I was laying blacked out on the icy cold floor. When I woke up, I was tied in the fetal position with what felt like a thick, soft, bear fur rope... must have been yeti skin or something because I had never felt something that soft before. Anyways, back to me... I was being held hostage by an ancient tribe of beings who lived off the mountain animals. They spoke an off language of Turkish, something I didn't understand. They were going to kill me, until I offered them a trade... a camera lens for my freedom. The camera lens itself could enhance the fire making process for them... and I showed them how to use it. They accepted, they showed me the ark, and gave me a tour.... they then brought me to their homes where I saw many of them on this website called 343 industries community forum.... I could fully understand why they lived alone in those ice caverns and caves. They wanted to be alone whilst playing Halo and reading the forums. When they released me I returned home, no pictures, but a new outlook on life. I opened my laptop, found the legendary 343i Community forums they had been browsing, became a member, gained about 50lbs, lost my sense of adventure, and now instead of hunting ancient artifacts, I search for bad members.... and spambots....the rest is, well... history. As for my girlfriend? Well... she still loves me and we are engaged now.... so it didn't turn out too bad. ;) 

if you didn't believe that, then that is fine... the real truth is...

I am Iron Man...

www.google.com

• Like 4

Well... here goes nothing.

I was a young fit lad with toned abs who loved adventure and fitness and had smokin hot girlfriend. One day while I was hiking up Mt. Ararat in search for the elusive Noahs Ark, it had been a 5 day journey searching in and out of ice caverns and cliff edges. I had beaten off hunters and wolves who tried to take my life. I was exhausted and the light was fading out... so I sat down my bag to catch my breath when all of a sudden... I spotted it. It was perfectly preserved and 3/4ths of it was covered in Ice connecting to the mountain. I reached down to grab my camera from my bag, I knew I could make history by revealing the Biblical Noah's ark and I had been the first ever to find it! When I reached down, my bag began to slide, I placed it on an icy slope... great. When I reached for it, I slipped, the camera fell out of my hands and broke into many pieces and I slide down the icy slope into a small ice pocket where the only known way out... was up. I was trapped, so I thought... before I knew it -thud- I was laying blacked out on the icy cold floor. When I woke up, I was tied in the fetal position with what felt like a thick, soft, bear fur rope... must have been yeti skin or something because I had never felt something that soft before. Anyways, back to me... I was being held hostage by an ancient tribe of beings who lived off the mountain animals. They spoke an off language of Turkish, something I didn't understand. They were going to kill me, until I offered them a trade... a camera lens for my freedom. The camera lens itself could enhance the fire making process for them... and I showed them how to use it. They accepted, they showed me the ark, and gave me a tour.... they then brought me to their homes where I saw many of them on this website called 343 industries community forum.... I could fully understand why they lived alone in those ice caverns and caves. They wanted to be alone whilst playing Halo and reading the forums. When they released me I returned home, no pictures, but a new outlook on life. I opened my laptop, found the legendary 343i Community forums they had been browsing, became a member, gained about 50lbs, lost my sense of adventure, and now instead of hunting ancient artifacts, I search for bad members.... and spambots....the rest is, well... history. As for my girlfriend? Well... she still loves me and we are engaged now.... so it didn't turn out too bad. ;)

if you didn't believe that, then that is fine... the real truth is...

I am Iron Man...

www.google.com

A legendary story from an ex legendary member.

Must be why you was legendary in the first place ;)

• Like 1

Dont believe the hype everyone! Anyone whos anyone knows, you dont find the forum, the forum finds you!

And it drags you in and makes you a victim in what this land calls a 'member'

It was a normal day, looking online at Halo stuff when I found the site, I joined and posted a thread similar to Twinreapers 5 word halo story. About 5 people replied lol. I left after that day because I wasn't interested but I was slowly drawn back I then found myself talking to Skys alot. I didn't do much when I first arrived I barely posted back then. Most of the time I was just in the shoutbox watching Azaxx and Sykowolf.