Cheaters in MM

HellRaiser81522

343 what are you doing about the horrendous cheating problem in H4 mm? It doesn't seem like you guys over there care because incase you didn't know Rumble Pit is getting unplayable because of this issue. Threre's lots of lag switching, but my main complaint is these guys double shoting the BR (like in H2). They are modding the fire rate on the BR to fire it as fast as they want, and yes it makes you die faster. Also, I see players that are still able to stay alive much longer than they should like they have modified damage resistance. Most people probably don't notice these issues and just think the person is really good, but a trained eye can tell. I see this happening multiple times daily. I do play lots of Halo though. Trust me, it's happening. The population isn't that high so I don't see how it can be so hard to catch and ban these players. Please do something about this because this is driving a good clean player to quit.

343 what are you doing about the horrendous cheating problem in H4 mm? It doesn't seem like you guys over there care because incase you didn't know Rumble Pit is getting unplayable because of this issue. Threre's lots of lag switching, but my main complaint is these guys double shoting the BR (like in H2). They are modding the fire rate on the BR to fire it as fast as they want, and yes it makes you die faster. Also, I see players that are still able to stay alive much longer than they should like they have modified damage resistance. Most people probably don't notice these issues and just think the person is really good, but a trained eye can tell. I see this happening multiple times daily. I do play lots of Halo though. Trust me, it's happening. The population isn't that high so I don't see how it can be so hard to catch and ban these players. Please do something about this because this is driving a good clean player to quit.

Sounds like an annoying issue right there, but unfortunately for you, this is purely a Community Forum, this isn't the 343i website. If you have an issue with Halo 4 the only thing I can recommend is to either message them on Twitter or E-mail them, which I'm not too sure about, I think it's on Waypoint at the bottom of the page. But, you should realize that 343i I don't doubt is very busy at the moment, especially with Halo 5 possibly coming out this year, a lot of time goes into making a video game as you should already know. I doubt any fixes will be made for a little while, or maybe there's one in the process, who knows. Heck, maybe 343i are unaware of these issues, I don't know but ultimately there's nothing that can and will be done for a while. That's my guess but it's likely to be quite true.

Just the heads up.

Also, I agree when you say these issues shouldn't be unknown, I too know that not many people play Halo 4 so these issues that you are stating shouldn't be in the game and should've been fixed ASAP. I'm taking your word for it by saying this, I haven't come across anything relating to modding online but then again the last time I played Halo 4 was 2 maybe 3 months ago.

Edited by ShockGazm
  • Like 1

I have never met these kind of cheats... Are you sure it isn't just your internet connection that goes bad? Or isn't there another person in the game that has a terrible connection? It might be just regular lag issues from what I've read.

At first I thought it was lag, but then I realized it was cheaters. I have good internet. Yesterday I picked up the OS on adrift only to be opened up on with a modded BR that took me out like I didn't even have an OS. I have also been in 1v1's lately when they've been doing the same thing when there was no lag whatsoever. I was in a 1v1 the other day and this guy was still taking shots to the head after being 1 shot and still not dying and he was double shoting the BR at me, killing me way faster than normal. How ever this mod is setup you can tell they have a fully automatic BR but they just do it at select times so it's not as obvious. I know it's happening. It's gotton really bad the last couple of months. If you don't believe my play RP all day once and then whatch it in theater and totally analize it and then you will see it for yourself. 

At first I thought it was lag, but then I realized it was cheaters. I have good internet. Yesterday I picked up the OS on adrift only to be opened up on with a modded BR that took me out like I didn't even have an OS. I have also been in 1v1's lately when they've been doing the same thing when there was no lag whatsoever. I was in a 1v1 the other day and this guy was still taking shots to the head after being 1 shot and still not dying and he was double shoting the BR at me, killing me way faster than normal. How ever this mod is setup you can tell they have a fully automatic BR but they just do it at select times so it's not as obvious. I know it's happening. It's gotton really bad the last couple of months. If you don't believe my play RP all day once and then whatch it in theater and totally analize it and then you will see it for yourself. 

Theatre is not fully accurate, just like the killcam. 

I've never encountered this.

As said previously, it could be a connection issue and maybe you missing shots?

This is what I was thinking.

Regardless of all that this is a Community Forum not actually 343I. If you want to contact them go over to Halo Waypoint.

Yesterday I played a game which had the same issues which HellRaiser81522 is describing. It looks like lag, but a two shot kill with a BR isn't an issue with lag that I know of. At one point in the match I had an overshield and I got in the face and died instantly. 

As we now know, there are some issues on 343's end so maybe its that.

According to their twitter it should be taken care of, so maybe these "hacking"issues are gone as well.

Throughout my matchmaking experience I have noticed this as well, and it is soooo frustrating, and yes I think it has to do with my internet connection, this may be the circumstance for you, but the chances are if you have a bad connection you are going to get shafted and you guns are going to be firing blanks from time to time. But if that is the case that people can modify fire rates, damage rates, weapon power rates, then people who have a bad connection like me that get shafted to begin with, and then you have that on top of it, then all in all people like me aren't going to have a good time, I guess just report the players on Xbox live, then send the gamertags to 343 through email, and let them take it from their, just describe what happened and then they should trace the IP address and then they'll block it from accessing Xbox live.

I have a 30 mbit fibre glass connection connected straight to my router, the only game I ever experience lag in is GTA online (the unkown connection err issue) 

I think this time it was on 343's side, I haven't experienced since I told you my experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, This could in fact be a real issue. As modders and cheaters alike have the ability to do whatever (Colors, Effects, Weapons, Skins, Armor, Damage Taken, Damage Resistance, Fire Rate, Player/Item Scale, Etc. As I would know, Being a modder myself), This can actually be something to look out for, Although we aren't 343i, I think it is a good idea to check it out.

Thanks for pointing out the problem, I'll look into it.

If you encounter them, report them and give their profiles bad reviews to lower the chance of you encountering them in matchmaking again. Upload the footage in theatre mode to your file share. Also, post a topic about it on Halo Waypoint with a link to the footage of them cheating.

• 1 month later...

I have seen bullet proof players on CoD, and also players flying on there.  But Halo...

Closest thing I have come to in cheating is the lag switching, which I seem to get a lot.  I thought it was my connection speed once and changed service providers, but it did not really do too much.

Lag and lag switching can be a real pain in the arse, and then you get people that mod.  Whilst I have not seen this at all in Halo, I have known people using controllers (which are seriously expensive) that cause instant head shots and speeds up the firing process, sort of like the auto fire thing form years ago.

Cheating is a problem with most games, more so in others.  I stopped playing CoD IV (best maps in all COD games), because cheating got so bad there.

Biggest thing with Halo is Lag.  I can not play Halo 3 because of it :(

Theqtre is actually about 95% accurate. When the game saves a film locally, it saves the vertices, faces, etc of all game action. The coordinates are resulted from a colqb of all players, and their reported positioning in the game. The error is low on that end. Most of the modding is done RTH style, so they can revert or turn on the alteration they want at any time. The auto BR is an example of that.

This is an example of exactly WHY those of us in the community don't release our tools or our methods....it ends up being used by bad people for worse things than extending fun or playability.

The easiest way to be sure would be to check over the game via theatre, if you're sure they are cheating for what it's worth head over to waypoint. Come so late in a games cycle is often that people are just very good. I kid you not. As far as I'm aware Halo 4 runs off client side hit registration so if you're suffering packet loss it often appears players are cheating, in reality whats going on their screen is different to yours, hence why your often shot at whilst just reaching cover, or the weapon sounds are delayed from being hit. 

So if like me you have shoddy internet, what you see is in effect ahead or behind of what the other player are seeing.