What's the story behind YOUR gamertag?

PhoenixStone

UPDATE:

Since I got another gamertag since I posted on this topic, I feel I should share the story of this one. It's always been a running joke between me and my family that whenever we would play cards and they lay a "Jack of Hearts" card, they would point to me because of my name being Jack Hart.

• Like 1

Well mine is a very bizarre story, 5 years ago when I first got given the option to get Xbox Live I was absolutely ecstatic, I had never had any experience with online gaming before apart from Runescape and that was absolutely amazing fun back in the days (still play it now). Then the moment came *presses 'A'* *transaction complete* I thought that I needed to have a Gamertag that meant something to me, with a backstory and that was unique. My mum recommended I choose something from my online gaming experience I had so far, so I thought back and I thought hard. Eventually I came to the conclusion of making my first Runescape password my gamertag (smart idea Zac [NOT]). So as my password was 'dragonorb' (I don't even know, don't ask :rofl:) I decided that to be a "Pro" gamer I had to put an 'Xx' on the beginning and an 'xX' on the end (just to make it official lol) from then onwards I prowled Xbox Live as "XxDragonOrbxX" :).

So you guys may be thinking "But H5WBC your Gamertag isn't XxDragonOrbxX!" and you are correct, that changed in mid-2011. So, the reason this changed is that I actually came to the realisation that I could change my Gamer Tag, I decided that I had had enough with people making fun of my stupid Runescape name. It was then that a clan my friends started up said that I could join if I really wanted to; the clan being called "The Grampa Clan" *massive sigh indeed*. I don't know why I thought this was a good idea I just thought that anything was better than blasted DragonOrb at the time :/. It was then that I became known as "grampa ed" (yes I'm aware grandpa is spelt wrong, that's how it was spelt according to clan rules for some reason). Needless to say that clan died long ago, shortly after I joined as well. And now I'm just a lone wolf with a very unique Gamer Tag. Instinctively I wanted to change it again after the clan died.

But you know what realised my Gamer Tag was making people laugh, the better thing is that they weren't laughing at me they were laughing with me :D! I started taking my Gamer Tag online on driving games and people started saying things like "Haha this Grandpa gets his kicks out of driving supercars really fast :D!" and so I started playing on other games online like Battlefield and Halo with my Gamer Tag and I got the same reaction, I was making people laugh wherever I went. Today not much has changed, I still probably get at least one laugh per game I play from my Gamer Tag. Even funnier than my current Gamer Tag however is that fact that my old Gamer Tag is still alive and kicking even today! My friend who likes dragon related Gamer Tags messaged me the other month and said "Hey will you be willing to let me use your old Gamer Tag? :)" and I said yes. So yeah that's the story of my Gamer Tags on Xbox Live :D!

I first called myself Spidey463 (huge spidey fan back then) in 2007. Right up untill Reach, I already switched many of my online profile names to Coldfreeze. The name came in my thoughts when I was writing a short story about a Spartan team who had elemental abillities due to Forerunner tech and DNA splicing as children and the name stuck, now my gamertag is Coldfreeze Zero due to the name Coldfreeze already being taken, I didn't want to add digits to it like C0ldfreeze, I put the zero at the back, wrote it phonetically and blam! here we are today.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, on that day, around in 2007. I already had xbox360 and Halo 3. I was playing the campagin offline(Where i didn't hear about XBL) My older cousin told me about XBL, He helped me register to XBL, and I couldn't think of a name. so He suggested a name for XBL. He said " How about Bekinator? " I said " Yeah, That's cool! " So, then i started playing Halo 3 matchmaking, I got real good... Yet, Bekinator still exists after 7 years to now. I'll still keep the Gamertag forever. :)

• 2 months later...

A story behind my gamertag (Old one and 1st I ever used) is awesome.It brings so many nostalgia & memories since I'm playing Halo for almost 10 years.I was so sad when I found out that someone has same gamertag since I've been using it for many years.It was ''Cortana'' and now I was forced to change it to Ailean 117.Pity :(