Halo 4: Worst installment in the series

Chargersphinx

That is just 1 of the hundreds of reasons I can and have typed about the problems with this game, "Now I cant see how this is ruining the game!" This specifically isn't, but this along with the hundreds of things already discussed as problems are ruining this game, I think you fail to realize all of these put together make Halo 4 terrible but you are focusing on the facts about the Binary rifle and the Incineration Cannon. So the fact that the Incineration Cannon doesn't need to be accurately aimed at anyone to get a kill isn't overpowered? That it fires 5 rounds that when they hit anything it has a bigger blast radius than anything else ib the game and can destroy an entire team of people doing an objective In one hit isn't overpowered? Im not even going to touch on the subject until you actually spell your response about it in a intelligable manner because none of what you said is understandable by any means.

A couple things different? Making it perfect? No, I just want a game that is balanced, playable, and at least fair to anyone not willing to use cheap tactics to succeed, and not filled with lag, hackers and OP weapon campers. P.S You spelled "definitely" wrong.

its k the online population is showing 343 there work at its finest. Long live destiny LOL.

I'm focusing on these parts because I was agreeing with the chap above my coment and you disagreed with it. Now im typing on my phone I do apologise to you and your high intelligence but clearly every bit sunk in you stuck up ****!

The only map it shows up quite often on is ragnorok without it being ordinance, a rocket launcher isnt any weaker when you wiegh it up is the point. If u find it so unplayable because of the "hundreds of issues" take your stuck up *** back to halo 3 and prey they make a halo 2-3 replica for their next attempt!

your right lets hope they make a halo 3 like game i mean a complete game that appeals to every playertype and is a core halo game.

Do you know on saturday night and there was way over 80 000 people on all the varios game modes now I know this isn't as much as maybe 3 had playing but the fact is there really was far less choice and I know you will never agree with this but cod has definatley taken away players from halo, battlefield has a fair old following aswell!! So now you've made it very clear you hate the game keep making your point by not playing then you have no need to keep banging on about it........... Or get over it and move on changes have been made, times have changed!

Do you know on saturday night and there was way over 80 000 people on all the varios game modes now I know this isn't as much as maybe 3 had playing but the fact is there really was far less choice and I know you will never agree with this but cod has definatley taken away players from halo, battlefield has a fair old following aswell!! So now you've made it very clear you hate the game keep making your point by not playing then you have no need to keep banging on about it........... Or get over it and move on changes have been made, times have changed!

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/totalpopulation/all this says otherwise.  last time i logged in at night there was 30k players.

Your right People went to cod because halo went away from halo. 

If your ready to settle for this broken uncomplete game then I feel sorry for this franchises future. Sure it had its good things But the bad just outweight it entirely. just because i'm complaining doesn't mean i hate the game, Lets be real if i hated the game i wouldn't be on a halo forum Lol. 

i'm a halo fan, doesn't mean i'm gonna blindly defend the title because i love the game No, if i want this game to get better i'm gonna complain i payed 60 bucks to do so, I don't want to see a halo 5 halo 6 as broken and messed up as this crap i don't want another cod wanna be. this is coming from someone with a 1.8k/d  Who has a 75 percent winrate... a 75 percent yet every game its always something thats upseting me about this game. I'm not a random losing and dieing and walks around the map with no idea what to do i'm a halo player.

This is just a cod based game with sheilds and a few minor changes this game has no orginaly that everyone knows and loves Thats why this game has declined to the point of death.

• Like 1

This whole post started with a guy saying how he hates halo 4 not the halo series just this game, then he rambled on about everything down to the armour( I mean come on surley thats just being petty) i'll be honest I only brushed through the complaints as he went into great detail to list the same problems i've already read from other people, so it turns out people do do it!

I do like the game, its not perfect but most the problems I have are fixable and don't upset me so much that I can't stand or even dislike the game! That link says there were 30 000 on saturday night? I can assure you there was close to 80 000 wish i'd of taken a photo now!

This whole post started with a guy saying how he hates halo 4 not the halo series just this game, then he rambled on about everything down to the armour( I mean come on surley thats just being petty) i'll be honest I only brushed through the complaints as he went into great detail to list the same problems i've already read from other people, so it turns out people do do it!

I do like the game, its not perfect but most the problems I have are fixable and don't upset me so much that I can't stand or even dislike the game! That link says there were 30 000 on saturday night? I can assure you there was close to 80 000 wish i'd of taken a photo now!

idk what this post is even about just reply to people Lol. Well how would you like it if the way you playtype was gone? and not in your favorite game for 5-6months and when it came out it still wasn't working properly? you'd be pissed to. i wanna see 80k online this chart shows it barly  topped 50k..  I log in halo 4 at like 5am once and there was 10k people TOTAL. What a joke.

• Like 1

Paulic83 I applaud the fact that besides the others who tried to hate on me personally for this post I made, you are the first to make several responses to my rebuttal no matter how unintelligable some of your sentences may be. Now onto the statement which I have replied to at least 3 times before already, I do not hate the game or the series, if I did why would I go outt of my way to buy the Limited Edition? Why would I spend 4 hours with the original post to document the most pressing things I hated about Halo 4 if I hated the game? I want the game to be improved. All Halo games have had their problems, and all of them I have dealt with. I don't want some remake of Halo 2 or 3 despite how fun and enjoyable those were and by far better than this, no I want the Halo 4 that 343i promised, and so far...It hasn't even scratched the surface of what they promised it to be. It had so much potential, and I will not stand idly by while 343i ruins this great series and pushes out veteran Halo fans to different games that involve skill and welcome immature people who would abuse the already terribly held together system. I made this out of respect for the series and you are focused solely on one topic I have covered. You yourself said you never even read the whole thing, you "Brushed through it" then I ask, what right do you have? What right do you have to attempt to rebuttal against my post when you havn't read it in it's entirety? The fact that TornadoFlame has brought up is new to me and I thank him/her for posting it as it is further proof oof people being driven away from this once great franchise. "Times have changed", on this I shall agree with you, but not for the better. You think I don't play the game? I payed one-hundred and twenty dollars for it so I'm playing it every time I have a free moment. "Banging on about it", if there is no sense about it...then why are people agreeing with me? Sure even if no-one agreed with me I would still respond to the posts when I can, but why? I wouldn't waste my time here talking to illiterate people who are bathed in their own ignorance to understand that people have opinions, I respect yours but do not agree with it. The least you could do is try to see my point of view instead of this childlike defense of a game.

If Halo Reach had not been such a radical departure from the tried an true Halo formula Bungie had developed over the course of three highly acclaimed games, so you guys think that so many Halo players would have jumped ship from Halo to CoD a few years back?

That isn't rhetorical, I really want to know from people that think they have an answer. I think the story with Halo's declining population begins with Reach and was magnified by Halo 4. It might have even begun during the ending phase of Halo 3, but either way that doesn't change my point.

If Bungie had come out with Halo 3 part 2 rather than Reach, would the franchise be in decline as it is today having one in a totally different direction?

Again, keep it civil guys.  343i promised nothing.  Aside from the graphics we ended up with, with the "actual" in-game renderer...we got exactly what we were shown.  I keep hearing about we didn't get what they promised.  I fail to see any aspect of the game besides graphics, that didn't live up to one quotable or documented item.  Anything else is just personal taste being trampled on by the developer.

Second, about weapons...yes every game had weapon issues.  I keep hearing about this Incineration Cannon problem.  Saying it can take out teams in total, and that it is OP.  I didn't hear quite nearly the amount complaints about the target locator, that the IC is getting.  The target locator was even worse since it could track vehicles.  And the splash radius on it was well 4x the IC.  But again, not everyone in the population sees or comes across the IC as a problem.  it may just be abd luck or bad timing when playing a particular playlist.

Third, the online numbers don't mean anything unless it comes directly from 343i or Microsoft themselves.  Secondary and third party number runners can pull and tweak data any way they see fit.  And no one person can log-on at a particular time and see the overall big picture.  You would literally have to login for a week straight and be on 24/7 to get a fully accurate average number count.  Again, sites like halocharts don't equate to squat.

And yes, not having bungie developign the title is the major underlying cause for the hate towards Halo 4.  Just like Reach, as a stand alone halo title it is quite good.  But subconciously, people still can't shake the Bungie love out.  I've seen a lot of games suffer this effect over my 30 years of gaming.  It gets worse before it gets better though.

As for the decline of Halo...it is more than just a decline of Halo.  Shooters themselves are not as popular as they once were.  Shooters now or days are churned out in droves, and usually focus around a common metric.  Not to mention that now that the economy has declined significantly, gamers make wiser and more carefull choices with their purchases.  There are a myriad of factors that effect a games sales, not just the gameplay.

I think 343 did a decent job with the human and covenant weapons other than some small tweaks, but I completely agree that most of the forerunner weapons have some serious balance issues. I'm just glad they didn't make forerunner vehicles..... Just imagine them making a tank with hardlight shielding and shoots incineration cannon rounds and a built in autoturret in halo 5... We need to tell them the forerunner weapons are unbalanced now or we might end up with that in halo 5!

If Halo Reach had not been such a radical departure from the tried an true Halo formula Bungie had developed over the course of three highly acclaimed games, so you guys think that so many Halo players would have jumped ship from Halo to CoD a few years back?

That isn't rhetorical, I really want to know from people that think they have an answer. I think the story with Halo's declining population begins with Reach and was magnified by Halo 4. It might have even begun during the ending phase of Halo 3, but either way that doesn't change my point.

If Bungie had come out with Halo 3 part 2 rather than Reach, would the franchise be in decline as it is today having one in a totally different direction?

i'd probably still wouldn't have bough a cod game had reach been any good. Now i'm forced to play cod because my halo game turned into a more frustrating version of cod.

Twinreaper at least 90% of all replies to my post you have made make no sense or are irrelevant, Firstly, "Promised us nothing"? So the fact that they said things like, "Everyone is going to love this game" and "We made this game the best we could" Well according to the loads of evidence they didn't do their best and obviously a good majority of people think it is a load of lies and disapointment, of course surely some people wouldn't like the game, that is to be expected but this large of a group of people hating it means there is some kind of problem here.

Secondly, about your second response to the weapons. I AM NOT talking about reach, I AM NOT talking about the target locator, but since you do let me explain a few things. One you cannot compare the target locator to the Incineration Cannon because it wasn't in any matchmaking playlist. I don't know why you think it was, the only playlist it was in is Firefight and Campaign, so where your getting your large amounts of false data from I'll never know, have you even played Halo? Because by many of your responses it seems you know next to nothing about what actually goes on.

Why does the fact that it isn't an official 343i or Microsoft site make it instantly false? No, you don't need to be on every moment of every day to see the data, you can just log in once every few hours and count the people online for that time, post it, and in a couple more hours come back and repeat, if you actually looked at the chart you may have realized that it doesn't document it by seconds or minutes its on an hourly basis, and it's not even every hour it's about every four hours. Sure they could tweak the data but for what point? You could just log into Halo 4 and look at it yourself to see the real thing if it was tweaked.

This isn't about Bungie I'm talking about 343i and Halo 4, I don't think Halo 4 is terrible because Bungie isn't developing it, It is terrible because of all the problems 343i made with it, I had high hopes that maybe 343i could produce a quality game, but they failed. Why must you constantly speak of your "Experience" and "Knowledge", "Over my 30 years of gaming"? Does thirty years of gaming matter to you that much to where it needed to be involved with your statement that has no relation? 

"Shooters becoming less popular"? Have you seen the growing population for COD and BF3? and Far Cry? And games similar? The number of mature people who play these games is declining but the number of immature children who play are increasing at a drastic rate, the fact of the economy being in the toilet does effect game sales on a normal basis but on major holidays the sales just keep going up for shooter games, because for the most part you can just put the game on layaway and they get their parents to buy it.

Wow, way to just stoop to a low level and bash me.  I come in here trying to keep it cool and give people a different perspective or explanations, and all you can do is reply like a child?  very mature and good on yah mate.  Suggestion to the mods...keep these types of people in check better.  next time I get something like this, it isn't gonna be pretty.  Staff, you have been warned.

Good luck around here Charger...your clear on your way to becoming a great member.

• Like 1

This thread has been locked by one of the Community Moderators for spiraling downward. If the OP or any of the respondents to this thread would like to see it opened again, please PM me with some legitimate reasons for it and the desire to keep this thread more.......polite. We do appreciate a quality and vigorous discussion, but there have been a series of posts that caught our attention.

*********************************************************************************************************

This is my response after review. Please do not send any further PM's.

I have now taken the time out of my day to read the entire thread. Some posts have been removed because they clearly were or took the OP off topic. Some were removed because they did not speak to the OP or were simply useless posts that offered nothing of any value whatsoever to this discussion.

I suggest a few things here.

One, keep the direct personal insults out of the discussion. I keeps the responding members engaged on topic and it does not create an atmosphere of "....you're pushing my button, I'm pushing your's back...." mentality.

Second, if you have nothing of value to add to a thread or come into a topic to flame or harass the OP or respondents you will be issued warning points. So keep your nose out of it unless you wish to have a debate on the OP or following posts.

Third, the truth is, there are many OP's that speak to how much some players love Halo 4. I see some of you come into an OP like this and say "....oh not another one.....". Maybe you should either accept the fact that some fans do not like the game, certain aspects of the game or feel 343 Industries has taken the game somewhere they do not care for and not enter a thread with that type of taunt. Simply move onto another "...I love Halo 4...." thread and post about how much you enjoy the game and what makes it so great for you.

Thread is unlocked! Have fun, play nice and remember use proper punctuation.

Edited by Absolute Dog
response over lapped my original statement, so have separated them.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also sick of these posts'. Do we really need to know all bad things you hat about it?=NO!! Although it's good to share your opinions.

I totally disagree with you. Halo 4 is THE BEST HALO GAME SO FAR!! For me.

And also 343 have by a lot improved the halo online gaming experience. I'm only on your side with hackers:

i've bumped into a lot.

Quit reading after your first 10 points didn't make any sense.

The light rifle makes the dmr obsolete? The BR? Pfft. That explains why so many people use it huh.

The suppressor? That's a power weapon?

The binary rifle is not a campers weapon. Or did you forget about the giant red laser from the sniper to the target?

The IC is supposed to be a power weapon. In campaign I was glad to have it.

People have always been able to spawn with plasmas. You don't remember elite slayer?

Those are just a few things I read but I had more important things to do than stomach that read. If you hate it so much quit crying about it and move on. Seriously. It's always the negatives that are the loudest and most annoying. And the worst part is none of your arguments have any validity to stand on. That's why I quit reading. This isn't a thread, it's an "abomination". Pfft. Noob.

• Like 1