What is your favorite gaming platform?

SykoWolf

Xbox 360. Reason: I can play alot of good Original Xbox games like Kotor Series and all the Star wars ones I have. And I find the Xbox alot more fun with continuations of game series I loved on the original Xbox and I find it easier to play the Xbox 360 than the PS3 and the PC.

Arcades...... were, and are a one of a kind experience. It's where word got out that a Square ball bouncing back and fourth on a black and white monitor (Pong) was going to be the next big thing... Thus, began the rise of the video game industry... Shortly after, Home editions were on the way, leading to the very first video game consoles, even if they only had one game built into them, and they couldn't be changed... This lead to consoles that ran off of cartridges (Magnavox Odyssey), the first high scores to have ever been saved to stare in awe at the glory (Space Invaders), And greater graphics that no home system would ever dream of competing with.

Needless to say, without arcades, HALO WOULDN'T EXIST along with the entire

video game industry as we know it nowadays.

My favorite gaming system would have to be the PlayStation2.

Although I don't like the newer models of Sony gaming platforms,

I do have an emotional touch on the games I have played on there

since the start of my early childhood around the age of 5.

• 3 weeks later...

Hard choice

i grew up on Ps2 with KIngdom Hearts (my childhood) and GTA 3, Vice city, San andreas, and vice city stories. my friend had the gamecube/ wii so we played super smash bros and mario cart at his house

i got xbox 360 cause of halo and left 4 dead 2, later Phantasy Star Universe (best RPG for xbox EVER).

now with the new consoles coming out Im not sure if I should go back to PS with Kingdom hearts, final fantasy, or stay with xbox and keep playin halo, and left 4 dead 2.

hard choice.

• 2 weeks later...

nintendo that brings back memories lol game stalls or tweeks so you have to blow on the cartridge and then BAM its ok no problem lol those were the days. If we are talking about consoles id have to say the xbox for me just because of halo. Halo drew me to the xbox. I enjoyed the N64 with mario and mario cart, had fun with dreamcast with the fighting games, playstation had its good times with metal gear, but halo makes the xbox you talk to anyone first thing that comes to mind everytime is halo. lol :thumbup:

Heartbeat... Rising... Blinded by nostalgia... Losing... Control of... Rational thought... Becoming... FANBOY...

The transformation is complete.

snes.jpg

Look at that shape, that color! Just try and lie to yourself, tell yourself you don't want to get in on this, but I know how it works, they're always afraid of the truth. Well brace yourself, the truthtrain is on it's way to hardfact city, and this conducter is NOT making any pitstops. Choo-choo.

Let me tell you all about the Super Nintendo

It has incredibly vivid 16 bit graphics that make me shed a tear whenever I have the privilege to see them. You could frame a screenshot of any Super Nintendo game and it would belong in an art museum.

The sound quality is the best I've ever heard in my life and quite frankly I think even scientists have yet to discover how the sound chip works. Miracles. When listen to sound and music on my Super Nintendo, it sounds better than HD, better than analog! It literally sounds clearer and more realistic than sounds I hear in real life. 'Puh-blam!', that's the sound of your mind being blown. I bet it would've sounded better on a SNES.

The games. What can we say about the games. It goes without saying that we have seen many cheap knock offs try to ride the success of hit SNES games. Halo? No thanks I have Super Metroid. Call of Duty? Please, there's only one Contra. Skyrim? Don't make me laugh, The Legend of Zelda is by my side. Minecraft? Never heard of it, have it ported to SNES and we'll talk

Best graphics, sound, and games, looks like we have a clear winner! Online capabilities? Tell me something, do you honestly enjoy playing with all those tryhards? Playing with friends? There are 2 controller ports, make some room on the couch. As if that's not enough it reads cartridges at lightning speeds due to it's mega powered graphics engine. I tried to load a SNES game in an emulator and my hard drive imploded. My computer was custom ordered from Bill Gates to. It is just to hot to handle ladies and gentlemen.

luca_rossetti_trinita_chiesa_san_gaudenz

Some close runner ups are:

The NES for being like the Super Nintendo. Honestly though the NES is for grandpas, get with the times or you'll be left in the digital dust.

And the Sega Genesis is cool to I guess. It's similar well you know besides the fact it's way worse.

... Wait... Where am I? What hapened?

• 1 month later...