The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

My idea about having a game start in space on a giant ship, then if the defending team wins, the fight continues in a randomly picked world. This has nothing to do with Battlefield. The other team would spawn on the planet, while the other team gets into drop ships. It would be awesome flying down with your team.

I want a more cinematic multiplayer.

I just want to say arbiter will be returning in halo 5 because in the brand new trailer at e3 he shows up in the Spartans visor

He was also in Halo: Escalation and narrated the trailer. So it's very likely he'll be in Halo 5, I'd actually be shocked if he wasn't. If he returns, I'm hoping he'll return as a playable character.

So I'm beyond late to this and I'm betting people feel talked out about adding new weapons and vehicles but I have some ideas and I'll try not to be massively pretentious about it all.

Since halo 2 I've wanted to know more about the needler and the technology behind it. Of my own speculation it uses a smart round encased in fluorine and some composite that acts as a slow burn fuel or presurized gas making each round act like a small guided rocket; a pin in the gun pops a seal at the back of the needles and pressurized gas contained in the needle propels it  out the barrel. When enough are in the open air in proximity to each other after having lodged into their target one detonates causing a cascade effect.

The weapon system fits with a design philosophy of preventing collateral damage to structures and still provides explosive capability, if applied properly it is a great weapon for suppressing fire. Whether the needler should be single wield or dual wield isn’t my choice it can go either way as balancing requires it but what I would like to see is the recognition of the needler and the needle rifle as competition in the realm of the starter weapons of H4. It is perfect for use in space, in space ships and to quell rebellion. without extensive structural damage, it also would be a fearsom weapon psychologically as it explodes the body and has some tracking.

Some needler inspired weapons I’d like to see in the future games.

* The needle rifle as seen in Halo: Reach

* A needler variant shotgun with a great deal of range and spread, it would cause a super combine effect assuming all needles minus one hit their target so it would commonly require two shots. By my own balancing guesses it would need a smaller than average slow loaded magazine, 4 shots should take as long to reload as any other shotgun from completely empty. Shell loading all of your guns seems silly and doesn’t fit with the exposed needle motif, as these needles shouldn’t track It makes sense for it to have exposed large needle in  the front of the weapon angled back toward the user think like a cross bow and load it with a striper clip of these onto the front sliding one in into the front of the barrel which would when on act like a sieve and split the large needle into a volley of smaller needles. The design focus: think crossbow think with exposed needles or make it a larger spread with good range and less ammo and just make it a single loaded cros bow that splits the round on a laser grate.

* A needler AR clone simple as that rounds would go faster than a normal needler because they would fire like but require one bullet more to kill than most other AR clones yet explode in a super combine it would be a caseless round like the H&K G11 uses that gives it it’s speed not, essentially a take away from human contact.

You might ask yourself why I’m hyping the needler’s round so much and that’s because its value lies in team work, all needle based weapons should activate a super combine with any other player’s needles from any other needle based gun. I have a few more needler inspired weapons so bear with me and know that I don’t think all of these should be implemented and if they are there should never be more than one on map super combining power weapon if the needle rifle becomes a load out weapon.

* Needle saw blade: A heavy slow tracking sawblade with needler like propulsion that tracks only exposed players (on foot, or in an exposed vehicle position) but with a massive reticle for tracking determination like the needler. The weapon that fires it should launch it with a swing arm thrower and in my mind the blade would be horizontal. slow but super combine on contact.

Any other needler like weapons would be too silly to mention I think, needle grenades would be under effective and a needler sniper could be something good; it would have to be two shots to the head to kill but two shots anywhere would cause a combine. I did have a silly idea for a needler melee weapon or even a modification of the original needler; a connecting melee strike would set of the ammo reserve on top nearly killing the user and surely killing the victim, the melee weapon idea is just a cricket bat with needles in it for ****s and giggles or if you took it seriously base it on the Macuahuitl making a fragmenting blade edge it wouldn’t fit to well in the lore unless the brutes got culturally enriched by some pissed of mezzo-americans or maori dudes with the shark tooth clubs.

Some vehicle ideas I wrote down a while back.

* Imagine the H4 shade turret built like the speeder Luke used on Endor; a lightning bolt with two speeds moving and not, the thing turns back into a shade turret when stopped, maybe add a ***** seat.  No real strafing ability, fastest covie land vehicle.

* Add the small scarab from Halo wars as the covie balance to the mantis. Maybe give it a jump and have players enter it like it’s a banshee with 4 legs instead of wings.

* The above Idea started as me straining for a counter to the mantis for one alien group or the other and my initial idea was a spherical armored turret that had a downward thruster and full rotation and an over shield. Think jackal stand with armor two shade turrets and wraith armor, it’s not very original but take off the armor and some circles spinning inside of it generating the shield and depending on the color of the damned thing you have a brute or forerunner heavy vehicle. The initial name for the thing was covie inspired, in my notes it says “Hag, hover tank.”

* Light air transport for an alien force to parallel the hornet, with a design blatantly based on the hornet if covie or brute. I feel technological advances should show the interaction between the different species, humans shouldn’t be the only ones reverse engineering the other’s tech. This vehicle ought to carry at least two passengers and provide them with either cover or covenant light turrets.  It isn’t a dog fighter, rather a bomber and light air cavalry role, it should accelerate in altitudinal gain over any other direction of movement. “Hag” also fits here.

* Dragonfly dog fighter for the humans to match the banshee. I’m imagining a more reasonable and safer version of the Messerschmitt_Me_163_Komet that integrates crucial covie tech like covenant power cores and hover tech used to land and take off. It would essentially have two speeds like the banshee and shade speeder I mentioned above: Going fast and taking advantage of the laws of physics. The only accelerator would be the boost button and no brakes, so gliding, rocketing or stationary. It would fire twin chain guns and would blow up real big like twice the damage of a wraith mortar when it hits something. I just caught myself thinking about how cool a gauss cannon on this thing would be, food for thought.

* I want to see the specter come back with variations of different guns and a variation that has covie light turrets mounted on the passenger seats. Possibly change the booster to be omnidirectional and make it stick to surfaces like it used to.

This next bit is a critique of the weakness of light vehicles. In H2 a manned chain gun hog was to be feared but in H4 they are a joke, please draw down the number of available anti vehicle measure available to infantry or up armor the chain hog. Also consider giving the turreter on the rocket hog greater control over the rockets, if you just cloned the input style the mantis has (semi-auto or charge shot) and apply that to the rocket hog it would prevent so much team killing butt hurt.

I dont legitimately expect all or any of what I've listed here but I think their may be room for any single one of them  or possibly all in multiplayer.

Not trying to bump or spam but I just went full retard for not sugesting my name sake, A bolt action pistol firing a massive round, like an Obrez. Not super practical but situational and right up the brutes alley.

I agree with you on many things, especially the Warthog! It like takes 2 plasma grenades to blow you up! The very minute you get exposed to enemies with Plasma Pistols, your dead and there is no stopping it...and I really like that Shotgun Needler idea. It would be epic to has one, except I disagree with the rounds though. I think it would be epic to has a Special clip that you put in on the back of gun, and it fires 16 small needles that tracks you instantly if aimed right and has a longer range, and has a max number of times you can shoot before the clip runs out is 7...

• 2 weeks later...

^

The Storm covenant are living of scraps of technology. :)

They relied on Prophets to provide weapons and armour and now without them they have little knowledge of how to create new weaponry.

The Stormrifle is the only known new gun the Storm covies have created by themselves.

You know what I want to see?

I wanna see a Bow.

Not a crossbow, like an actual bow. Call me biased, and this is completely based off of the stuff I see on TV *cough*GaimSonicArrowDX*cough* but both Forerunners and Covenant have used non-ballistic weapons, and both also have immaterial melee weapons such as the Energy Sword or Hardlight blades.

Imagine this:

A bow that:

1. Has a bladed edge, allowing it to be used as a higher-than-normal melee weapon when you press RB, similar in ways to the campaign Brute Shot. This uses up ammo.

2. Uses %-based ammo

3. Has multiple firing modes: 

a) A single, quick tap fires a single energy arrow that deals about the same damage as a DMR/BR/Utility weapon, but it has a slow draw and fire rate. This should take 5 shots to kill - 4 for shields, 1 with a headshot. At this point, the arrows should disappear at medium range.

B) Hold it down for longer and the arrow will use up more % of energy, will physically be larger, cover slightly more distance, and do more damage. Naturally though, draw time increases, thus, damage decreases. At max damage, the arrow leaves a trail of energy in its flight path; nowhere near the beam of energy from a binary rifle, but a lot more...particle-y. Max damage is approximately 2.5 times the damage of a single arrow, thus requires 3 shots to kill - 2 for shields, and then 1 more on a shield-less Spartan for an instakill. Of course, you can simply use a single tap for a headshot. At this point, the arrows should disperse at the same range a sniper can cover.

c) Hold it down about a second after max draw and you begin a lock on process, similar to the Plasma Launcher of Reach. After 3 locks, it fires what is basically a light show of 3 energy arrows towards the locked on target. These 3 arrows can minorly adjust their flight path to try and hit the target; however, they fly slower than the usual arrow and can easily be blocked by objects, or even other projectiles. If all 3 hit the locked target, a Spartan, it just about guarantees a kill unless the Spartan has an overshield. To lock on you MUST maintain reticle on target so it's red. This has a massive drain on the remaining % of energy left in the weapon.

4. The twist: There is NO Scope. There's a highly accurate hip-fire reticle but that's it. As you hold the trigger longer you slowly zoom in, but this zoom at max shouldn't be more than the 2x zoom of a BR.

5. Not hitscan. Firemodes A and B should have the same bullet speed, but C should be quite a bit slower.

Essentially, this is a powerful utility sniper with a potentially high ammo count, much higher RoF than the average sniper but not as fast as a basic utility weapon, and the requirement for amazing aim and compensation for bullet travel time by the user. It also offers close range combat power, and is in essence a glass cannon; high risk, high reward, it places itself on the line in between utility weapon and power weapon, allowing skilled users to truly stand out when using such an armament.

Oh, and since it's energy-based, it'll have LOTS of flair.

edit: that emote man can't I just write b ) in peace

Edited by Meteor Storm

You know what I want to see?

I wanna see a Bow.

Not a crossbow, like an actual bow. Call me biased, and this is completely based off of the stuff I see on TV *cough*GaimSonicArrowDX*cough* but both Forerunners and Covenant have used non-ballistic weapons, and both also have immaterial melee weapons such as the Energy Sword or Hardlight blades.

Imagine this:

A bow that:

1. Has a bladed edge, allowing it to be used as a higher-than-normal melee weapon when you press RB, similar in ways to the campaign Brute Shot. This uses up ammo.

2. Uses %-based ammo

3. Has multiple firing modes: 

a) A single, quick tap fires a single energy arrow that deals about the same damage as a DMR/BR/Utility weapon, but it has a slow draw and fire rate. This should take 5 shots to kill - 4 for shields, 1 with a headshot. At this point, the arrows should disappear at medium range.

B) Hold it down for longer and the arrow will use up more % of energy, will physically be larger, cover slightly more distance, and do more damage. Naturally though, draw time increases, thus, damage decreases. At max damage, the arrow leaves a trail of energy in its flight path; nowhere near the beam of energy from a binary rifle, but a lot more...particle-y. Max damage is approximately 2.5 times the damage of a single arrow, thus requires 3 shots to kill - 2 for shields, and then 1 more on a shield-less Spartan for an instakill. Of course, you can simply use a single tap for a headshot. At this point, the arrows should disperse at the same range a sniper can cover.

c) Hold it down about a second after max draw and you begin a lock on process, similar to the Plasma Launcher of Reach. After 3 locks, it fires what is basically a light show of 3 energy arrows towards the locked on target. These 3 arrows can minorly adjust their flight path to try and hit the target; however, they fly slower than the usual arrow and can easily be blocked by objects, or even other projectiles. If all 3 hit the locked target, a Spartan, it just about guarantees a kill unless the Spartan has an overshield. To lock on you MUST maintain reticle on target so it's red. This has a massive drain on the remaining % of energy left in the weapon.

4. The twist: There is NO Scope. There's a highly accurate hip-fire reticle but that's it. As you hold the trigger longer you slowly zoom in, but this zoom at max shouldn't be more than the 2x zoom of a BR.

5. Not hitscan. Firemodes A and B should have the same bullet speed, but C should be quite a bit slower.

Essentially, this is a powerful utility sniper with a potentially high ammo count, much higher RoF than the average sniper but not as fast as a basic utility weapon, and the requirement for amazing aim and compensation for bullet travel time by the user. It also offers close range combat power, and is in essence a glass cannon; high risk, high reward, it places itself on the line in between utility weapon and power weapon, allowing skilled users to truly stand out when using such an armament.

Oh, and since it's energy-based, it'll have LOTS of flair.

edit: that emote man can't I just write b ) in peace

lol 2012/13 were the years of the bow in gaming but it'd be cool as there would be an added stealth element

What I want? I would like to see the UNSC aircraft to make an appearance in multiplayer.

What do I not want? Complainers.

Seeing as how my wishes are only wishes. At least it gives out my personal thoughts of judgement.

They should add it were u can create Firefight on forge like make a city and then put were u want the drop ships to land and ammo to drop that would be cool. But one thing they need to add is more assassinations like if there's armor lock i want to come up to someone push them on the ground and armor lock them it the face.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea.....

Lets say you are playing big team battle......

4 mins into the game 5 members of your team quit leaving you with 3 members left.

Those 3 members receive a buff like, oversheild, more ammo, a power weapon etc.

Because three vs 8 is not worth fighting but with those buffs there is a chance they could still win. :)

So that is my idea.... buff the losing undermanned team.

I have a new outlook on what halo should be like. It should now heavily rely on vehicles and explosives. One level will be having to destroy 10 wraiths and 5 scarabs with Spasers, Rockets, and Fuel Rods. And when the flood is around, Halloween and other classic horror films look like Dora. I mean like 2 soldiers and you will have to fight ~500 flood that are actually sturdy like in Halo 2. There deaths are gory and brutal. Then when you are actually in huge groups of 10 you get shredded by the Juggernaut. I would love to see a level where the flood knocks down a Harvester or two also. Oh and explosions are as big as they normally are with the sputnik skull. With it, it looks like WW3, 5 nukes, and chuck norris mixed into one. I would love to see mammoths being blown up or scarabs melting. Heck, a level where you see millions of enemies flood and covenant get crushed by a huge cas assault carrier and alter the whole map.

Dedicated Servers. Mostly because Halo 4 MM was terrible.

We are getting that aren't we?

But whatever, it is needed. Besides Halo being great, it is also known to me for being one of the most lag infiltrated games in existence.

I have an idea.....

Lets say you are playing big team battle......

4 mins into the game 5 members of your team quit leaving you with 3 members left.

Those 3 members receive a buff like, oversheild, more ammo, a power weapon etc.

Because three vs 8 is not worth fighting but with those buffs there is a chance they could still win. :)

So that is my idea.... buff the losing undermanned team.

Unfortunately that is why 343 used Join In Progress for Halo 4 :cray:... 

Do want:

The Arbiter

Playable Elites

ODSTs

Duel wielding

Armor that isnt fugly

Equipment to make a return as well as armor abilities and everything else

For the love of god bring back every weapon, vehicle, ability, equipment, whatever that has ever been in the series and then taken out most notibly unsc flying vehicles!

Better female characters

More gore, darker tone.

More chunkier, grittier multiplayer armor/colors.

Martin O'Donnell.

Explination as to why chiefs armor has changed.

Brutes

Drones

Skirmishers

Some sort of night vision

Dont want:

Only bright colors available for customization

Bad dialoge (looking at you spartan ops)

Cortanas resurrection.

Sights or weapon attachments (at least not in multiplayer)