The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

Halo Community, 343i, Microsoft,

These last couple of weeks I have been looking for a place where it seems like 343i might be reaching out to the community and actually listening. However, I realize that the relationship between game consumer and creator has deteriorated.

Microsoft has forgotten who made Halo popular. Let me remind you. It had NOTHING to do with you. Bungie stumbled upon a great game, and you know what they did? They made it better. Bungie worked with the community. They didn't stray from their roots and I always remember occasionally getting in a game with a Bungie employee or Frankie always making news updates and even see developers in the forums. Not anymore.

In Fact, 343i think they did a good job. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

The community has always been what has supported Halo, hell it even made the Xbox what it is today. The only reason people bought the Xbox was for Halo, have you guys forgotten? Or do you think you did it by being a greedy, power hungry corporation?

Sorry for the rant but this has been built up for awhile. I can say that I am genuinely emotionally attached to Halo. I remember seeing Halo CE when I was like 12 and immediately wanted an Xbox. The rest is history. I probably played Halo 2 Multiplayer since it came out until Halo 3. Countless hours of fun and joy. That is now completely gone from the game. I want nothing more than for 343i to succeed and make a game that will make me want to play but I am so demoralized by their incompetence I don’t even want to buy Halo 5 unless I know there are certain things implicated in matchmaking.

What's even more sad is I am considering switching to PS4, which makes me hurt to even say that.

It really isn't complicated, so stop making it. Games these days are a dime a dozen. Nothing lasts, nothing has true passion in the game anymore. It's all about money and I see it in almost every game I play. I am ashamed in the gaming community for even allowing this to go this far. If I could organize a boycott, I would. So yes, I am now switching my blame to Microsoft. Once they got their dirty little fingers on the game all I could do was sit back and watch it be destroyed little by little. Completely powerless.

In the end, I realize this will hardly be read by anyone even of remote importance, but I digress.

Here are my, (and from what I have read most of the community (by community I mean diehard, played since the beginning fans), suggestions for Halo 4:

These are in no particular order:

1. Who, what, when where and why did anyone think it was a good idea to take out the competitive aspect? After reading this you should immediately go into Halo 4 matchmaking and put IN GAME ranking system. I don’t give two craps about what my guy looks like when I just domed a guy. Getting armor from XP and who can play the longest, really? It is a FPS I cant even see myself. Please, put ranking system back.

2.Maps. The maps were horrible! Maybe one or two that were kind of fun but getting boring very quick because that is all that plays. Then, you have the audacity to make us buy new map packs for maps that already should have been in the game!!! Let me give you guys a business tip: first make us love the game, then we won't have a problem buying anything you throw at us. If you just make crap and then expect us to almost immediately start buying more stuff. You drive everyone away. Now you have A) less money and B) smaller fan base. Good job.

3. I’m sorry, I will admit that I wanted to see AA. Unfortunately they did not work very well and has driven most everyone away. They need to be severely nerfed. If someone had said to me while playing halo 3: in the future you'll be able to fly and see through walls and have unlimited camo. I would just laugh in their face! It ruined what was Halo, please please please get rid of them. They were cool for a second.

4. Lastly, the weapons. A big WTF. Why is every weapon so strong? I swear I played a game today where everyone had a SAW. That weapon literally is one of the worst things to happen to Halo. Not because of the weapon itself, but because you choose to have it on every map and have it spawn ALL the time. WTF. Another match the sword kept respawing every what seemed like 30 seconds. Literally 4 people were running around with them. I thought I had picked the wrong playlist. Please, less is more. I like the innovation but CONTROL it.

If any of you have actually made it this far, then I am surprised. All I want is 343i to succeed and I want Halo to be popular again. I want to play so much online that I can not get off at night. Where me and my friends keep saying one more game. I want to be able to come home from a long day and enjoy what I am playing, not be frustrated. So please open your eyes, realize what made Halo popular. Go to your roots.

Sincerely,

Frustrated

P.S. I will be posting this in multiple locations in hopes that it gets read by people who can make a difference. I have done my part as a fan. If you want my money in the future, do your part. Also, if anyone has any emails or other ways for going directly to the developing team, please let me know or forward this to them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Multiplayer:

SPRINTING:

I know that the Halo series is onto the next part of it's life, but I'd like it to return back to the time before you could sprint.  Hear me out, the reason I loved the classic Halo games was because it's core game play mechanics were driven by the arena style game play that I've come to know and love.

ORDINANCES:

Please no ordinances!!!  They made it feel like a kill streak fest  and I don't want to sound like a Call of Duty hater, because I don't mind Call of Duty, but I'd just LOVE halo to feel like it did before reach.

CAMPAIGN:

STORYLINE:

I felt you did a good job keeping to the roots of Halo's storyline in Halo 4.  I'd just like to ensure that you guys keep that quality, unlike what Bungie did with Halo: Reach

:blink:

Oh god no. Reach didn't even let us have the grenade launcher falcon in MM, and for good reason. Gauss falcons would be a disaster to balance.

I'd settle for Halo 3's Hornet(s), but any air vehicles more powerful than that would be way too OP.

The falcon also had crappy health, so unless you knew what you were doing with it and got good people to ride you were screwed.

Edited by Yoshi1176

The falcon also had crappy healt, so unless you knew what you were doing with it and got good people to ride you were screwed.

All vehicles in Reach had crappy health. The sniper, DMR, and even the AR and pistol could shred right through their armor. Its sad to see the value of weapons like the Spartan Laser and Rockets (even with lock on) decrease ever since small arms fire started doing significant damage to vehicles.

It also isn't that difficult to use a guass cannon.

All vehicles in Reach had crappy health. The sniper, DMR, and even the AR and pistol could shred right through their armor. Its sad to see the value of weapons like the Spartan Laser and Rockets (even with lock on) decrease ever since small arms fire started doing significant damage to vehicles.

It also isn't that difficult to use a guass cannon.

While it is easy to use a guass cannon, have you seen the skill level of some of the people out there? I'd be surprised if they even figured out how to shoot it lol.

• Like 2

I would love the following in the next halo game:

1. Halo 3 styled game mechanics (they were near perfect)

--no Merle missing problem

--grenades are thrown more naturally

--few game breaking bugs (such as halo 4 infection being ale to kill people through floors or walls)

--no spring, make sprint a powerup on the map for like 20-30 seconds

2. No mandatory drops or abilities in matchmaking (make separate playlists that are chosen like cod did with mw4-2 playlists)

3. ALL weapons from previous halos return (why alienate player nostalgia, and diversity in the game)

--It's ok if weapons are comparably similar or do the same function, they look different)

4. ALL vehicles from previous halos (once again for diversity and nostalgia)

5. Be ale to choose odst, elite, or spartan in multiplayer

6. ALL game modes from previous halos return (same as previous reasons. Players need diversity)

7. In game powerups (active camo, equipment from h3, armor abilities)

--make them appearing the map and all have timers for use (except equipment)

8. ALL equipment from previous h3

9. As many forge options as possible. Don't simplify because its "too complicated"

--if you fear this, make a simple and advanced mode, same for game type editing

10. A ton of options in game types. Don't simplify because you fear it is too complicated. Hide advanced stuff under an advanced section, or choose when you select to create a new game mode to be in advanced or easy mode

11. Forgeable triggers

--switches that can send events to other objects, such as a door opening

--zones that send events when a player that meets criteria enters it

--item interactions send events upon certain criteria (such as on pickup by blue team, or red team)

--all events are received by listeners who (when receiving the event that was trigger prior) perform an action

--common examples could be:

---opening a teleporter

---spawning an object or item to be picked up

---destroying or unspawning an item

---destroy vehicle or change properties of it

---moving an item in certain directs at a speed (through a mover recorder (unreal) or from fields)

This would enable some very cool game types and maps. Once again, diversity.

12. In game polls to determine next playlist rotations.

13. Custom game browser

--user can make custom game public and they are seen on a server browser wi a name, description, ping, players, game type, map and game scores

--solves the "players don't like playlists" problem

--I would rather have people player public custom games instead of playlists than not playing the game altogether. Also solves huge problem of playlist dlc usage.

14. Being back forge minor adjustments and covenant pieces

--halo 3 had a great mix of unsc and covenant pieces. People want to babble to place familiar (human) objects along with unknown or foreign (alien) objects.

--being ale to precisely place pieces in forge is a necessity if you want people to perfect maps

15. Fix the forge sounds and camera bug

--options to turn off the forge monitor move sounds. It is very annoying for lo periods of time.

--if you are making an intricate map, and try to move a piece, while you in the middle of a bunch of pieces, your camera moves as well. It gets to the point where it zooms out and it starts to shake. Halo reach did not have this.

--to easily fix this, give option for player's monitor character to ignore its colliders. The player monitor can them go through pieces, terrain and the like.

--as a developer you don't really care about map limits in forge. Don't restrict forge space with invisible barriers. Just let them explore. I they find an ugly part of a map, oh well. They are in forge, not an official map variant.

Most of these changes are to bring back diversity and nostalgia to the game. Why remove chances for players playing from nostalgia by removing their favorite vehicle, weapon or option? Why force players to feel they are essentially playing the same game, over and over? Having more weapons, vehicles and options enables more interesting interactions to hook players. Players need to feel they are player new games, or the game gets stale. Halo 4 got stale for me, and for a ton of my friends.

Sprint breaks halo 4 gameplay and flow compared to the successful flow of halo 3. It makes map creation very hard. Same with armor abilities. You have to design the map for the abilities being on and them being off. Just make them powerups that spawn on the map. Powerups are meant to be powerful.

I understand that asking for this changes is a lot, but coming from a fellow game developer and past halo player, I feel a professional company (having the game assets 343 does) should be able to pull this off. The vehicles are not very difficult to add once templates have been made. 343 also has the models and such from previous games.

Without these changes, I feel halo 5 will not be as successful as it could be without them. The player base is getting smaller. You want to draw people back in, and the best way is for diversity and nostalgia.

New weapons, vehicles and the likes would also be a necessary addition, as there are groups of people who want all new experiences from a game.

I would love the following in the next halo game:

1. Halo 3 styled game mechanics (they were near perfect)

--no Merle missing problem

--grenades are thrown more naturally

--few game breaking bugs (such as halo 4 infection being ale to kill people through floors or walls)

--no spring, make sprint a powerup on the map for like 20-30 seconds

2. No mandatory drops or abilities in matchmaking (make separate playlists that are chosen like cod did with mw4-2 playlists)

3. ALL weapons from previous halos return (why alienate player nostalgia, and diversity in the game)

--It's ok if weapons are comparably similar or do the same function, they look different)

4. ALL vehicles from previous halos (once again for diversity and nostalgia)

5. Be ale to choose odst, elite, or spartan in multiplayer

6. ALL game modes from previous halos return (same as previous reasons. Players need diversity)

7. In game powerups (active camo, equipment from h3, armor abilities)

--make them appearing the map and all have timers for use (except equipment)

8. ALL equipment from previous h3

9. As many forge options as possible. Don't simplify because its "too complicated"

--if you fear this, make a simple and advanced mode, same for game type editing

10. A ton of options in game types. Don't simplify because you fear it is too complicated. Hide advanced stuff under an advanced section, or choose when you select to create a new game mode to be in advanced or easy mode

11. Forgeable triggers

--switches that can send events to other objects, such as a door opening

--zones that send events when a player that meets criteria enters it

--item interactions send events upon certain criteria (such as on pickup by blue team, or red team)

--all events are received by listeners who (when receiving the event that was trigger prior) perform an action

--common examples could be:

---opening a teleporter

---spawning an object or item to be picked up

---destroying or unspawning an item

---destroy vehicle or change properties of it

---moving an item in certain directs at a speed (through a mover recorder (unreal) or from fields)

This would enable some very cool game types and maps. Once again, diversity.

12. In game polls to determine next playlist rotations.

13. Custom game browser

--user can make custom game public and they are seen on a server browser wi a name, description, ping, players, game type, map and game scores

--solves the "players don't like playlists" problem

--I would rather have people player public custom games instead of playlists than not playing the game altogether. Also solves huge problem of playlist dlc usage.

14. Being back forge minor adjustments and covenant pieces

--halo 3 had a great mix of unsc and covenant pieces. People want to babble to place familiar (human) objects along with unknown or foreign (alien) objects.

--being ale to precisely place pieces in forge is a necessity if you want people to perfect maps

15. Fix the forge sounds and camera bug

--options to turn off the forge monitor move sounds. It is very annoying for lo periods of time.

--if you are making an intricate map, and try to move a piece, while you in the middle of a bunch of pieces, your camera moves as well. It gets to the point where it zooms out and it starts to shake. Halo reach did not have this.

--to easily fix this, give option for player's monitor character to ignore its colliders. The player monitor can them go through pieces, terrain and the like.

--as a developer you don't really care about map limits in forge. Don't restrict forge space with invisible barriers. Just let them explore. I they find an ugly part of a map, oh well. They are in forge, not an official map variant.

Most of these changes are to bring back diversity and nostalgia to the game. Why remove chances for players playing from nostalgia by removing their favorite vehicle, weapon or option? Why force players to feel they are essentially playing the same game, over and over? Having more weapons, vehicles and options enables more interesting interactions to hook players. Players need to feel they are player new games, or the game gets stale. Halo 4 got stale for me, and for a ton of my friends.

Sprint breaks halo 4 gameplay and flow compared to the successful flow of halo 3. It makes map creation very hard. Same with armor abilities. You have to design the map for the abilities being on and them being off. Just make them powerups that spawn on the map. Powerups are meant to be powerful.

I understand that asking for this changes is a lot, but coming from a fellow game developer and past halo player, I feel a professional company (having the game assets 343 does) should be able to pull this off. The vehicles are not very difficult to add once templates have been made. 343 also has the models and such from previous games.

Without these changes, I feel halo 5 will not be as successful as it could be without them. The player base is getting smaller. You want to draw people back in, and the best way is for diversity and nostalgia.

New weapons, vehicles and the likes would also be a necessary addition, as there are groups of people who want all new experiences from a game.

Halo 2 clans would also appease the competitive nature people want for this game,or at least help it Aton.

My biggest hope is that 343 keeps in kind that halo is meant to be an ARENA FPS and should deign the game around that.

• 2 weeks later...

1. More granularity in sensitivity - Sensitivity settings for certain types of weapons ex. (sniper weapons are set to 3 while close combat weapons are set to 6) can branch out for specific weapon or just use a global for each category or the just the default global (what we currently have)

2. Better wraith tank aiming reticle - a red ring where the plasma bomb will land on the ground (old reticle should be able to select it from menu for people who don't want to use the new one). It would be nice not to have to guess where it's going to land.

3. Massive campaign battle. (Think in halo Reach when they showed all the warthogs and tanks going into battle, something like that but actually playing in it)

4. Campaign more players in co-op equals more enemies to fight in most places of combat OR instead of grunts one now sees jackals or elites. Adds a different kind of difficulty when playing with friends

5. Bring back dual wielding – Should at least be an option for custom games

6. Get rid of loadouts for competitive multiplayer but keep it for Spartan Ops or whatever replaces it and custom games

7. Training bots for multiplayer - Sniper target practice. You basically have it with the holograms. I'm just looking for something a little easier than me with a second controller pressing the ability button.

8. Descope if hit - I have no idea why this was taken out

9. A.I. Driving ability - It was funny the first time they drove me off a cliff or got stuck driving into a wall. Honestly Halo 2’s A.I. drivers could drive circles around Halo 4’s!

10. Color palette - gamma is off or something. It's a little washed out compared to previous games

11. Multiplayer playable - Elites, Brutes, Knights, and Hunters(Special Gametype)

12. Camouflage and jetpack as powerups not an ability you can have from the beginning

13. Actual racing maps meant only for racing - Think Mario cart or Death Race Haloized. Two/Three person warthog teams, upgradable warthogs (Civilian{No rear gun}, chain gun, rocket, gauss), powerups (invisible, overshielded, speed boosted warthog), Multiple routes with the shortest path being the most dangerous, weapon pickups for third person. You could have that huge sentinel from Halo 2 drop off the warthogs for respawns. This could be a separate map pack they sell later on

14. Max players 1024 - Just kidding, 256. If you could make it to 1024 that would be epic. You are the bar others aspire to reach except when it comes to multiplayer max players. If MAG on PlayStation’s network could have that many so can Halo on XB1. 

15. Huge maps - Forge world's size didn't make much sense when it was 16 max players (When playing on a map that used a large portion or all of it. Obviously only custom games did this but...). If you get up to 256 players that amount of real estate makes sense. 

16. Unlimitied vehicle use in multiplayer – Pelicans, hornets, falcons, Ability to drop off warthogs with pelicans like the in game ones can, Helljump into battle, dropships, spectres, ability to zoom while a passenger in a vehicle, Scarab/Mammoth(Special Game type), AA Wraith Tank. Ability to pickup/dropoff vehicles using pelican/dropships. Vehicles separate you from other popular FPS games. Embrace them.  Furthermore the pelican should fly like the falcon just not as responsive.

17. Forge - Ability to make maps on your PC with a mouse and keyboard. Right now it's kind of clunky and slow for the average user because the user has to use a joystick. Obviously improvements have

been made over the years to make it more user friendly but it's way easier and efficient to use a mouse and keyboard (macros {ex. open menu set height of object}, movement of objects). Maybe it will be easier with the Kinect 2.0 . This could be a way to sell the newest Windows OS. I don’t have it however if this feature was on it I would at least think about buying it.

18. Forge - Ability to group copy and paste. Anything that is merged with this object and the objects touching it would be copied. Say you make a base and you want to have the exact same looking thing, one would have to redo the work.

19. Forge - ability to change the color of an object. I think currently you can but it is a couple little strips on it. I want to change the whole thing. Also the ability to paste numbers onto walls.

20. Maps without kill zones and invisible walls. If I can see it, let me go there. I can understand if someone goes way way out of the area they should be playing in. Have a kill zone for the multiplayer map during a competitive match, but otherwise stop playing Catcher in the Rye.

21. Aerial combat maps - This seems like it wouldn't be that hard to do. Just have 2 maps starting off and if people don't like so be it. But if they do...

22. Ladders on Multiplayer Maps – It was fun to wait near the top and then jump down to assassinate someone coming up. A little more dynamic than airlifts, however slower so use should be used carefully

23. Infinite grenades - for Multiplayer custom games. Just like Halo CE.

24. Assassination - If by a ledge you just kick them over it to their death

25. The ability to go prone - Spartans apparently never die and they also never lie down

26. Weapons: Return all weapons.

27. Sword fighting. Bring back Halo 2 style where one person wins if both lunge. Timing was everything for Halo2, early halo3. Now you can be a little late and both will die by third person coming into the mix.

28. You can bring all enemies back except the buggers. I never liked them in the game. They always seemed like the odd ones out for the covenant forces.

29. Ultimate map pack at launch of game – Every halo has started with at least 10 maps on launch day. All xbox live halo’s have had over 20 by the end of their run. Take the best two or three from each game which would make 10 – 15 maps right there where you wouldn’t have to work on very much for gametypes and multiplayer flow. Then in another map pack 3-6 months down the road have another 2-3 maps from each halo game for a purchasable map pack. Because each game engine was different with how fast and how high MC could run/jump a program would be needed to do a mathematical transformation of the Cartesian coordinates of the previous map’s objects (walls,rocks,etc..). You don’t need to reinvent the wheel. You have a large library of great maps, use them to bring back some fans you lost. If the game launches with close or over 20 maps at launch and good amount of them are classic maps it will be hard for most people to complain.  

30. Spawning options – Player option to wait to spawn with others (wait X seconds before spawning if no one else on team is also spawning). There is already group spawn option but this would be on an individual’s preference.

31. Helljumping in would be a risk/reward spawning. There would be a chance that the chute would not open killing one’s self and giving the other team a kill. Also it would be possible for precision weapons to shoot off the chute and causing a kill or significant damage depending on the height. The tank or any heavy ordnance would also be able to blow them out of the sky.

32. Spawning preference. Whoever has the best hit to shot ratio of a weapon would be spawned closer to said weapon. For example if player A is really good with the sniper he would be placed ahead of player B who is horrible. Player B would be placed towards the back of the spawn area if he is bad at everything or placed towards another weapon or vehicle.

33. Competitive and social playlists. Didn't really notice how nice it was to have those two different lists until they were gone.

• 2 weeks later...

All halo 5 needs is competitive ranking. The drive of competition is what allows games to go the distance. It is so simple. The number of players on halo 3, years after release, were outstanding. Compare that to the populations of Halo Reach and Halo 4 just a few short weeks in and it will disgust you. The halo 3 ranking system is the closests to perfect you will ever achive. There was ranked playlist for the competitive player and social playlist for the casual player. Custom games were at large on halo 3 as well. As for these two **** piles that came after, they speak for themselves. I can't stand going constantly into games that are always blow outs. Wether I am losing or winning its always by a huge margin because your matchmaking system is so broken. You cater to these casual gamers for upfront sales but they are not there for the long run. We, your hardcore gamers, the ones who want the ranking systems are the ones who will buy every DLC and play the game until you come out with the next. I cant help but feel that you lose so many players who go to play their first halo game and get slaughtered because matchmaking is a variable free for all in skill levels.  343 you have one more chance, one more chance to revitalize an incredible FPS that will bring people back to this title by the thousands. All you need to do is mirror the halo 3 matchmaking system. I will wait to purchase the game to find out if there will be or not, but it will be the last time i even show interest finding out if you screw up again.

BRING BACK COMPETITVE GAMING

What I want in Halo:5

-Brutes(Bigger,badder, tougher, and with dual wield brute plasma rifles)

-Invasion(8 v. 8v. 8 With UNSC vs. Covenant vs. Prometheans)

-Clear Visor Color(I don't THINK this is in Halo 4, but it would be cool. Maybe you can design your character's face, if not, then choose head designs like Sgt. Johnson, Buck, Carter,etc)

-Hayabusa(My favorite Halo 3 armor, and you use the katanna in assasinations.)

-Flood Fight(Firefight with the flood.)

-Campaign Flood(The flood NEEDS to return in Halo 5's campaign. The flood will also be in my Halo 5 fan-made storyline, so check it out!)

-Large Campaign(Halo 2 had it. This will also be in in my fan-mad storyline.)

-Headhunter( I was intrigued when I played Halo:Reach beta, and really liked it. Headhunter needs to return in Halo 5.)\

-THE DIDACT(Needs to return, and with a proper, in-game boss battle, not some press LT to throw grenade crap.)

• Like 1

Halo 4 had some really nice new things, but there are ways to improve it for Halo 5.

First off there has to be a way to upgrade your armor in Halo 5 not only in matchmaking but in campaign. The new classes for Halo 5 was perfect, but they didn't use it as well as they could. I say in the campaign you should have customizable classes with the perks and customizable armor. They could make it as if Master Chiefs armor is breaking so he needs to find new ones on the battlefield. You can't buy new armor, you have to find it. But, the armor you find gets broken too, so you spend your money you get on repairing the armor you have and getting new colors and attachments to it. Another thing they should do in Halo 5 is having Covenant, Promethean, and Flood enemies not only in campaign but in other modes too like forging them or them being in matchmaking. A cool thing they could do as a new matchmaking game type is base battle. Each team has their own unique base and has to destroy the other team's. There is also flags in each base and capturing it grants you a rocket launcher to help destroy the other base. To make it really challenging put the Covenant or Prometheans in they game and they try to destroy both bases. With those things, Halo 5 would be the best game of the year hands down.

Need promethian vehicles and even a melee weapon. Need to be able to make enemies in forge(options to make them dead or living,different colors). Also if you could find blue/orange promethians, also being able to assassinate a hunter, like maybe you have to do it like 5 times and each time you stick a grenade on its back since it takes like 4 stickys to kill a hunter.
do not forget allies too and have a malipulatible boundry that you can expand or constrict in any way you want.

First I'd like to say that I'm still mad at you 343 for not actually giving us a true Halo 1 remake. Infinitely not cool what you did to true Halo fans. 

I speak for myself but basically all my friends and we all believe that halo has gotten worse and worse since halo 3. The load outs and perks need to go. Halo used to be a game about battling for the control of weapons and power ups on the map but now it has taken a turn towards the strategy-less game play of Call of Duty. Sprinting is the worst thing that ever happened to this game. It renders control of key places almost useless, especially when combined with a jet pack. When all players had one speed it allowed for a key aspect I loved in halo which allowed my teammate to very accurately gauge when and where players would be based on where they were going. Please make this new game closer to the "good" Halo titles by catering less to the little kids who love the pointless customization features. This title was better off when the goal was more on game play rather than the accessibility of the average gamer. This shift in focus has to be part of the reason no one has ever been online in this game since reach. 

Lastly, please bring back proximity voice. That might have been the best thing this game did to gaming. 

What i would love to see would be a campaign like reach's. I loved how you could be your own spartan in the campaign. I would also like to see characters like in ODST. you actully cared for them a little and they felt more human (cuz they were), also ODST's campaign felt a little bit more epic. But what i think is the most important thing, would be to just overhaul pretty much everything they can, armor customazation, more weapons, bigger battles, ect. They should also make it a bit more like halo 3, that would bring a LOT of people back.

• Like 1

First I'd like to say that I'm still mad at you 343 for not actually giving us a true Halo 1 remake. Infinitely not cool what you did to true Halo fans. 

I speak for myself but basically all my friends and we all believe that halo has gotten worse and worse since halo 3. The load outs and perks need to go. Halo used to be a game about battling for the control of weapons and power ups on the map but now it has taken a turn towards the strategy-less game play of Call of Duty. Sprinting is the worst thing that ever happened to this game. It renders control of key places almost useless, especially when combined with a jet pack. When all players had one speed it allowed for a key aspect I loved in halo which allowed my teammate to very accurately gauge when and where players would be based on where they were going. Please make this new game closer to the "good" Halo titles by catering less to the little kids who love the pointless customization features. This title was better off when the goal was more on game play rather than the accessibility of the average gamer. This shift in focus has to be part of the reason no one has ever been online in this game since reach. 

Lastly, please bring back proximity voice. That might have been the best thing this game did to gaming. 

I am unsure if anyone has told you this yet, but we are a fan site. Not the official 343i site. :)

What i would love to see would be a campaign like reach's. I loved how you could be your own spartan in the campaign. I would also like to see characters like in ODST. you actully cared for them a little and they felt more human (cuz they were), also ODST's campaign felt a little bit more epic. But what i think is the most important thing, would be to just overhaul pretty much everything they can, armor customazation, more weapons, bigger battles, ect. They should also make it a bit more like halo 3, that would bring a LOT of people back.

Personally the only things I would like to see return is the armor from achievements, also equiptment was pretty awesome :)

If you like Halo: C.E. to 3 so much than go play them. Halo was going the way it's going no matter what. Bungie was going that way and so is 343i (which has a LOT of Bungie employees). I personally love the newer Halo titles the same amount as I love the old Halo titles as do many of my friends. Halo has to change other wise what would be the point in buying new ones? Exactly, there would be none and Halo wouldn't be the great title it is.

If you like Halo: C.E. to 3 so much than go play them. Halo was going the way it's going no matter what. Bungie was going that way and so is 343i (which has a LOT of Bungie employees). I personally love the newer Halo titles the same amount as I love the old Halo titles as do many of my friends. Halo has to change other wise what would be the point in buying new ones? Exactly, there would be none and Halo wouldn't be the great title it is.

"If you don't like it don't play it" is not proving him wrong, and it's not contributing any opinion towards why you think he's wrong. You're just effectively telling him that if he doesn't like the new Halo then his opinion automatically doesn't matter. Please stop copy pasting this same reply all over these forums any time you see someone disliking the changes made to the Halo franchise.

I agree with you that Halo does have to change, but you neglect to consider that the changes don't have to be so drastic. Take a look at Call of Duty, it changes just enough. Each year, the game is an instant hit, and yet somehow it manages to maintain it's large player base, excellent sales, and good reputation. Halo's multiplayer community all but evacuated when Halo 4 hit the scene, I hardly think it's actually a "great title" when there are over 5 times less people on it than its predecessor, Halo Reach.

• Like 2

"If you don't like it don't play it" is not proving him wrong, and it's not contributing any opinion towards why you think he's wrong. You're just effectively telling him that if he doesn't like the new Halo then his opinion automatically doesn't matter. Please stop copy pasting this same reply all over these forums any time you see someone disliking the changes made to the Halo franchise.

I agree with you that Halo does have to change, but you neglect to consider that the changes don't have to be so drastic. Take a look at Call of Duty, it changes just enough. Each year, the game is an instant hit, and yet somehow it manages to maintain it's large player base, excellent sales, and good reputation. Halo's multiplayer community all but evacuated when Halo 4 hit the scene, I hardly think it's actually a "great title" when there are over 5 times less people on it than its predecessor, Halo Reach.

I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong. I'm simply stating that things change. And that he should play what he likes, please stop thinking all the posts I make somehow tie to you, because they don't. Thank you :)

Also, CoD, really? If you haven't noticed CoD is hated because it never changes.

spartan ops season 2 i really would like to see what happens to the doc and the UNSC

I would love to sew what happens although I think they might show what happens after Spartan Ops in Halo 5. But if it doesn't I would love another Spartan Ops season, and hopefully this time it's playable offline.