The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

No Sprint

No Classes

Random Ordnance in Casual Playlists only (mixed in with normal weapon spawns)

No Personal Ordnance

Descope

Armor Abilities as pickups only

Halo CEA Elites/Grunts

Take out DMR (the LR fills it's role and is balanced better)

Increase Carbine Rate of Fire Like Boltshot's Primary Fire (Less Damage/Range)

Keep Weapon Hitscan

Tighter BR spread

Oddball Throwing

No Flag Dropping

Flagnum

Spectator Mode

Return of Assault, VIP, Juggernaut, Headhunter, and Invasion

Add Domination (Unreal Tournament style)

Co-Op Survival Horror Mode with Puzzles and Exploration (post-apocalyptic alternate timeline, playing as ---ODSTs, health packs required to regn health)

Increase Blood while adding Gibs

No Dual Wielding

Bring Back Falcon, Revenant, and Chopper

Add Sea Vehicles

Give maps more dynamic elements like traps and switches

Nerf Rockets to make them more situational

Add metal background music to multiplayer

Default thruster pack

More humor in campaign

Less linear mission design

Silenced SMG

Halo 4's Art Direction

Ice Shotgun (Cryoshot?)

Flamethrower

Black Hole Gun

Minigun (replaces SAW, has an endless clip, has to spin up before firing, slows down movement firing or about to fire, more balanced)

Plasma Rifle with Stun

First Person Vehicles

Replace Damage Boost with Camo

• 3 weeks later...

FLOOD FIREFIGHT

I for one think this would be an amazingly fun game to play with some spartan buddies battling wave after wave of flood. If your teammate is killed, he can become a flood and join the swarm. Whoever else thinks this would kick butt, please help promote the idea! It won't happen unless 343 gets a look at this post :)

No Sprint
No Classes
Random Ordnance in Casual Playlists only (mixed in with normal weapon spawns)
No Personal Ordnance
Descope
Armor Abilities as pickups only
Halo CEA Elites/Grunts
Take out DMR (the LR fills it's role and is balanced better)
Increase Carbine Rate of Fire Like Boltshot's Primary Fire (Less Damage/Range)
Keep Weapon Hitscan
Tighter BR spread
Oddball Throwing
No Flag Dropping
Flagnum
Spectator Mode
Return of Assault, VIP, Juggernaut, Headhunter, and Invasion
Add Domination (Unreal Tournament style)
Co-Op Survival Horror Mode with Puzzles and Exploration (post-apocalyptic alternate timeline, playing as ---ODSTs, health packs required to regn health)
Increase Blood while adding Gibs
No Dual Wielding
Bring Back Falcon, Revenant, and Chopper
Add Sea Vehicles
Give maps more dynamic elements like traps and switches
Nerf Rockets to make them more situational
Add metal background music to multiplayer
Default thruster pack
More humor in campaign
Less linear mission design
Silenced SMG
Halo 4's Art Direction
Ice Shotgun (Cryoshot?)
Flamethrower
Black Hole Gun
Minigun (replaces SAW, has an endless clip, has to spin up before firing, slows down movement firing or about to fire, more balanced)
Plasma Rifle with Stun
First Person Vehicles
Replace Damage Boost with Camo

There are a few good ideas in this, but there are also a good many bad ideas as well. Here are the bad ones IMO: no duel wielding, no sprint, no personal ordnance, armor abilities as pickups, descope if it means you don't want scopes on non-sniper weapons, no dmr, less range for carbine, no classes, no damage boost. Here is why they are bad in the order I gave them: It makes no logical sense not to allow duel-wielding because you could balance the power boost by decreasing accuracy. It added fun dynamics to the gameplay and was sorely missed. Sprint has also added a dynamic to the halo multiplayer that was needed and has made it much more fun to play. Sprint is balanced because if you sprint too long you will have somebody jump you and get the first shot off. They earned that personal ordnance! However I am not a fan of how random it is at times and would like to see the choices reflect one's performance. Armor abilities each have their pros and cons and I have talked with many people who prefer one over the other so there doesn't seem to be one in particular causing unbalanced gameplay. Armor abilities give players customization over how they like to play, and it is a bad idea to try to take away that unless there is a very good reason. Descope? Really?? What do you want to descope? The dmr has a place and should be changed if it needs to be, but not replaced. The unsc needs that weapon in its arsenal, so it makes sense to have it in multiplayer. Don't mess with my carbine! It is one of my favorite weapons BECAUSE of the range, recoil, and damage it can do. If the fire rate is vamped and the damage dulled accordingly, I'd be ok with that because it would help you take out people trying to get behind cover. Taking away classes takes away one of the best features I have seen Halo incorporate in the entire series and again gives players customization and a way to play in the style they want to. It would be a travesty to take that away. The damage boost powerup is not an unbalanced mechanic and takes skill to make use of. I have played every halo game since halo ce on a halo edition xbox legacy, and they have only gotten better in terms of multiplayer. There are some things that can be changed and improved, but I feel like you were simply rattling off a list of things that cause bad games for you in halo 4. I would suggest playing more and feeling out the working of all the things you don't like to see if they really are a problem like you say they are, but maybe you have and I don't know. Let me know and we can talk about why you feel this way.

Btw, anyone who says they don't like how Halo is trying to be like Call of Duty is saying something comparable to Ford is trying to be like Honda in terms of how similar cars have gotten nowadays. If it works it WORKS! Call of Duty will never be as good as Halo, and Halo will NEVER be like Call of Duty. You see people complaining about cod advanced warfare trying to be like halo?? That's because it will NEVER be as good. Period. Halo will always remain halo because of the spartans, aliens, weapons, gameplay, graphics, storyline, and the amazing community it has developed.

Personally I'd like to see the brute shot and smg back.

as far as new things go I think that if they could do something like Destiny and have an A.I. like the ghost which could update objectives and waypoints but it mightn't be Halo style however it could be like in Halo 3 where you had Cortana in the last level but it's more useful. Also what's your thoughts on if they had an A.I. system as a guide like the ghost from Destiny 

I want...

1. Unique weapons that aren't reskins of each other.

2. The Revenant and the Hornet.

3. Forge additions ranging from the ability to multi-select objects and manipulate them as if they were one, undo history, nav-mesh manipulation (this would allow functional AI on Forged maps), and being able to change the preview image of the map.

4. Ranked/social split

5. Less linearity in the campaign levels.

6. Tom and Lucy. Now more than ever given that Team Sabre was killed off by Catalog.

7. The Lesser Ark and Mendicant Bias

8. Blue Team

I don't want...

1. Dual wielding

2. Complete disregard of the expanded media

3. Characters being killed off for the sake of shock value rather than having meaningful deaths.

4. Jul's alliance with Halsey ending with Halsey killing Jul or Jul killing Halsey.

5. Mustache-twirling villains.

6. Infinity either crashing, being boarded, or taking significant damage. This has occurred in almost EVERY piece of media that it has been in and is getting extremely repetitive.

7. Bullet-sponges

• Like 2

Why Halo  transformed into powerrangers? The best game of the world halo 1....now is a game of power rangger.....In halo 1,  kill of 3 hit in the on the forehead, not the head....  I killed, the enemy, roket launcher with 3 shots in the forehead: sometimes get to and kill me or leave me serious,,,,,,,,,,,,the shield or double invisibility struggled to acquire...........now is a skill .................. (it game sucks ) the gameplay :It was so comfortable , I felt free ...................Now I feel compressed, it's like ....... ................ ,,,,,,,,,,,, prohibits free movement.......Halo aniversary :is not an exact replica of halo 1,,,..the magnum is very slow......... and I have to put an update to kill 3 shots.....In Which Either kills 3 shots in the head or neck,,,,,,,,,,,, (is crap) ........not require !! skill in pvp (or tuning marksmanship, hitting shots to the forehead) or intelligence .........  You destroyed the best hero of the story .................. (is disappointing) and sad ........... The soldier ,Now is a  power rangers mistic force ,,,,,,,,,, fail ........ the best games  halo 1, ...Eternal ........., for my generation......and announcer halo 1 and 2 is the best .......... and removed,,,,, (to take out to all the fools who made ​​this game something so fictional and depressing.....,,,,,,,,,,, Thx .......... pvp of  1.5 o 1 scond.........................exepcional range grenades ............Now :(  .............................................................this was my skill level of play  

great times that will not return, if I had all the money in the world, bought the rights,,,,,,,, Halo would make this better................. Please halo 1 ,1 copy exact in xbox one

Why Halo  transformed into powerrangers? The best game of the world halo 1....now is a game of power rangger.....In halo 1,  kill of 3 hit in the on the forehead, not the head....  I killed, the enemy, roket launcher with 3 shots in the forehead: sometimes get to and kill me or leave me serious,,,,,,,,,,,,the shield or double invisibility struggled to acquire...........now is a skill .................. (it game sucks ) the gameplay :It was so comfortable , I felt free ...................Now I feel compressed, it's like ....... ................ ,,,,,,,,,,,, prohibits free movement.......Halo aniversary :is not an exact replica of halo 1,,,..the magnum is very slow......... and I have to put an update to kill 3 shots.....In Which Either kills 3 shots in the head or neck,,,,,,,,,,,, (is crap) ........not require !! skill in pvp (or tuning marksmanship, hitting shots to the forehead) or intelligence .........  You destroyed the best hero of the story .................. (is disappointing) and sad ........... The soldier ,Now is a  power rangers mistic force ,,,,,,,,,, fail ........ the best games  halo 1, ...Eternal ........., for my generation......and announcer halo 1 and 2 is the best .......... and removed,,,,, (to take out to all the fools who made ​​this game something so fictional and depressing.....,,,,,,,,,,, Thx .......... pvp of  1.5 o 1 scond.........................exepcional range grenades ............Now :(  .............................................................this was my skill level of play  

great times that will not return, if I had all the money in the world, bought the rights,,,,,,,, Halo would make this better................. Please halo 1 ,1 copy exact in xbox one

Erm... Well the gameplay in Halo 2 will be the same as the Halo 2: Anniversary Edition if that makes you feel better. As far as Halo CE, well, that wasn't ever really a huge XBL game. Primarily because it was released before XBL. So it was mainly played as a system link or splitscreen multiplayer game, which it still can be if you and your friends still have your old X-Box's.

Anyways, H2:A will be the same as H2 gameplay wise.

Halo 3 MLG was the pinnacle of competitive multiplayer. Fact. (For those that argue halo 1, respect, but it was Halo 3 MLG Rules)

Here is how I would make Halo 5, I would start w/ Halo 3 and ...

-Eliminate / Minimize "Host" effect and lag

-Restore an MLG multiplayer mode

-No special abilities ( any abilities are timed drops on the map like Halo 3, maybe add promethean vision and sprint as a drop, if it tests well)

-60 FPS

-Restore the user level system (0-50)

-Consider any feature that destroys balance a sin

-Improve hit registering

Please 343, the road to a great Halo 5 is spending months developing and perfecting multiplayer levels, fine tuning the mechanics, and optimizing for lag. Give us 10 "the pit" and "heretic" levels!

• 5 weeks later...

I would like to start off by saying that I felt limited in halo 4 compared to previous Halo's. This was mostly because I felt a lack of space on maps, a large majority of maps are close quarters and there seems to be no verticality to any of the maps. What I mean is that maps are too small and overcrowded in my opinion, something on the scale of the Spire map in Halo Reach is a good example of size both vertically with its main tower and horizontally with its overall length.

Forge is also limited by this aspect as there seems to be a lack of props to build with, environments are stale and oblique of features.

I also miss the amount of space for vehicles, I miss running on a five kill splatter spree on a ghost or shooting people with a gauss cannon from across the map which is a good point to bring up as the aim assist really dulls the gameplay for me.all of the maps have large sightlines, even the smallest map has large sightlines effectively rendering close quarters weapons useless, I've hardly ever killed anyone in melee range with my fists aside from assasinations.

Lastly power weapons simply aren't nearly as powerful as the battle rifle or assault rifle, the range along with the sightlines practically make most power weapons useless in comparison. For example the energy sword is much less useful now though explosives are still very effective. Final note, friendly fire is nearly non existent and promotes grenade spamming by both teams or even firing rockets at your team to get the splash damage onto the enemy team.

To sum this post up:

Larger maps which are more vehicle friendly

Tighter and shorter corners in maps forcing more close quarter action

More obstacles in the environment to use as cover

Break line of sight with obstacles

Bring back friendly fire on all gamemodes

^

Midship, a map from Halo 2 ( I think that is the name anyway ) is the only confirmed map right now from past Halo games in H5g.

But we already have the Mcc so we don't need all the Halo maps in H5.

Not like we need them anyway. We need new maps, not old ones. Plus new maps fits with the new mechanics better. :)

^

But im a Cod kiddie, I want to catered too! :D

343 were not catering to "Cod kiddies" they wanted to expand Halos interest range. Sprint for example is in pretty every fps around, and speeds up gameplay etc there is enough stuff on the internet why it is a good thing.

Yes, they made some bad decisions, but it was 343s first Halo game, Halo 5 will be much better.  

Besides the majority of people who hate on sprint also enjoy Cod.....

Edited by Caboose The Ace

I GOT A PERFECT IDEA TO SATISFIED BOTH OLD SCHOOL HALO GAMERS & HALO GAMERS THAT LOVE THE NEW ABILITY'S!

You could make a multiplayer game mode (example Classic Team Slayer ) that takes of all the thruster ability's and new stuff etc. And keep it old school like the Halo 2 MP so all the old school players are happy. And then you keep all the other stuff for the other gamers that love all the new abilities. This way you keep everybody happy!

• Like 1

I would definitely like to see firefight instead of Spartan Ops.

I just thought of a great idea for the campaign. My idea is that maybe they could make separate paths in the campaign. Like you could either kill an enemy or take him prisoner and these would make the gameplay slightly different. This would make it a lot more fun to play through the campaign many times.

Weapon customization??