The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong. I'm simply stating that things change. And that he should play what he likes, please stop thinking all the posts I make somehow tie to you, because they don't. Thank you :)

Also, CoD, really? If you haven't noticed CoD is hated because it never changes.

Please read the moderator message that was sent to the two of us.

As for CoD....CoD isn't hated, it's the exact opposite. It's the single best selling franchise on the market today.

Please read the moderator message that was sent to the two of us.

As for CoD....CoD isn't hated, it's the exact opposite. It's the single best selling franchise on the market today.

*Sigh* *Facepalm*

And yeah, there are three major FPS titles, Halo, Battlefield, CoD, (and a small amount of people who hate all three and like doom and wolfenstien), 2/3rds of the LARGE communities hate CoD, that's a LOT of people, more than those who like it. CoD is loosing it's audience because it doesn't change (when it occasionally does it changes very little). It's basicly like buying $60 of DLC.

So again, "please stop thinking all the posts I make somehow tie to you, because they don't. Thank you :) "

Also more to the topic, I would LOVE to see an upgraded Forge and better customization for Infection, would love to see the arbiter return, and all in all I just can't wait to get my hands on Halo 5.

And yeah, there are three major FPS titles, Halo, Battlefield, CoD, (and a small amount of people who hate all three and like doom and wolfenstien), 2/3rds of the LARGE communities hate CoD, that's a LOT of people, more than those who like it. CoD is loosing it's audience because it doesn't change (when it occasionally does it changes very little). It's basicly like buying $60 of DLC.

Also more to the topic, I would LOVE to see an upgraded Forge and better customization for Infection, would love to see the arbiter return, and all in all I just can't wait to get my hands on Halo 5.

Every community hates the other two, it isn't just CoD.

People who hate CoD: BF and Halo players

People who hate BF: CoD and Halo players

People who hate Halo: BF and CoD players

Personally, I like and own all three.

Upgraded forge would definitely be nice. I think Halo 4's forge was great because magnets make forging so much faster, but my biggest complaint is how all the maps look almost identical. Halo 3 was the best about that, there was foundry and sandbox, two very distinct tilesets.

Every community hates the other two, it isn't just CoD.

People who hate CoD: BF and Halo players

People who hate BF: CoD and Halo players

People who hate Halo: BF and CoD players

Personally, I like and own all three.

Upgraded forge would definitely be nice. I think Halo 4's forge was great because magnets make forging so much faster, but my biggest complaint is how all the maps look almost identical. Halo 3 was the best about that, there was foundry and sandbox, two very distinct tilesets.

Not really, people who like BF either don't have an opinion of Halo or like it, same for Halo players CoD players Hate both and both BF and Halo players hate CoD.

And personally I didn't like Halo 4 forge, it didn't really give us anything new, just a texture change and some magnets, definitely not enough to keep players forging like they did in past Halo's, plus the crutch on Custom games, a LOT of people played custom games in the past (especially me and my group of friends) and a LOT of people made maps and gametypes but with the lack of customization in custom games amd the lack of new things in forge there was a lack of things to do, people even Moded gametypes because of it. I played reach so much because after I got tired of just plain online I had a BUNCH of friends to play a BUNCH of customs with. But 343 dropped the ball on this one but I know they'll get it right this time. As for story telling 343 did an amazing job especially at pulling at heart strings.

First I'd like to say that I'm still mad at you 343 for not actually giving us a true Halo 1 remake. Infinitely not cool what you did to true Halo fans. 

I speak for myself but basically all my friends and we all believe that halo has gotten worse and worse since halo 3. The load outs and perks need to go. Halo used to be a game about battling for the control of weapons and power ups on the map but now it has taken a turn towards the strategy-less game play of Call of Duty. Sprinting is the worst thing that ever happened to this game. It renders control of key places almost useless, especially when combined with a jet pack. When all players had one speed it allowed for a key aspect I loved in halo which allowed my teammate to very accurately gauge when and where players would be based on where they were going. Please make this new game closer to the "good" Halo titles by catering less to the little kids who love the pointless customization features. This title was better off when the goal was more on game play rather than the accessibility of the average gamer. This shift in focus has to be part of the reason no one has ever been online in this game since reach. 

Lastly, please bring back proximity voice. That might have been the best thing this game did to gaming. 

So what you're saying is "It should be exactly the same as Halo CE, 2 and 3". Sure, make all games exactly the same as the originals so the series gets stale and repetitive... Isn't that one of the main reasons why most people in the Halo fanbase hate CoD, and yet they now hate Halo for changing? The "true Halo fans" have proven themselves to be huge hypocrites.

• Like 1

So what you're saying is "It should be exactly the same as Halo CE, 2 and 3". Sure, make all games exactly the same as the originals so the series gets stale and repetitive... Isn't that one of the main reasons why most people in the Halo fanbase hate CoD, and yet they now hate Halo for changing? The "true Halo fans" have proven themselves to be huge hypocrites.

Exactly, if I could like this a million times I would.

1. All Vehicles from Previous Halo Games

2. All Weapons from Previous Halo Games

3. Playable AI & Loadouts only for Custom Games, Firefight, & Campaign (Balancing will not matter)

4. Armor Abilities only for as a Playlist and Gametypes for War Games

5. Armor Sets for your Spartan and Elite

6. Spectator Mode (Even though I dont have friends)

7. Dual Wielding while Riding on a Vehicle

8. Attach a detached turret onto the back of the mongoose or the spade

9. Halo 5 Custom Edition DLC ha ha :)

Things i want: A better type of ranking system (maybe 1-50 again?), better maps (Halo 1-3 all had a good amount of classic maps, Halo Reach/4 not so much), more maps, less Armor Abilities, good gun balancing between BR/DMR/Carbine, another AR type gun (no smg though, that gun sucked a lot), a good variety of multiplayer playlists, more guns (if it would benefit Halo), Spartan Ops, Firefight, Brutes again, dedicated servers, fixed melee system.

Things i dont want: Flood, boltshot or any type of close range gun besides the shotgun/Promethean shotgun, ranking system dictated by experience, Halo 2 lunge on the sword, useless guns, class loadouts, 

I cant think of anymore atm.

Things change, agreed, but does that mean they change for the better? 

Short answer for Halo 4? No.

Halo 4 is a good game, but it is a terrible Halo game, it debases Halo's core element, alienates the long time fans and and flips the bird at the competitive community.

Halo 3 was Hardly perfect, but it kept its 1000000 players a day even after the release of CoD 4, which many would argue was the best, and had a healthy population even after Reach's release.

Halo 4 is lucky if it hits 20000 a day, and that is ONE YEAR after it's release.

I suspect many would argue that Halo is no longer current, that's why it falters on the market, let me prove that wrong.

If Halo was no longer current, then Halo 4's initial sales wouldn't be as high as they were, and this was before we knew the extent of Halo 4's lack of faith to Traditional Mechanics.

I do not want a Halo 3.5, and most Fans would say the same, we want a closer to classic experience. Has anyone played Promod v3 Slayer? it is a modded gametype that cause Halo 4 to play like a combination of the best parts of Halo 2 through 4. You can choose to spawn with any on the utility precision rifles, a good feature from Halo 4, apart from the DMR and LR's negative effect on gameplay, no bloom or recoil, faster shield recharges, recharges sooner, faster base movement speed and so on, no sprint at all, modified weapons and AAs, less aim assist and so on

basically, this what halo 4 should have been like.

They should have 

1. flyable Pelicans in every gamemode
  2. If possible flyable frigates
  3. cortana b/c she is a main character and in spartan ops dr. halsey is not dead
  4. a new sgt major johnson type main character from unsc infinity b/c he was just funny
  5. a marine missions in campaign as well as master chief missions like in halo 2 when your the arbiter and then the chief.
  6. fire fight and spartan ops

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL. WHAT HALO 5 MUST AND SHOULD HAVE. 

I.                 In Game Rank System

.        A halo 2/3 type of rank system 1-50 for that Skill GAP.

.        Halo Reach Point System of unlocking Titles and Armor.[Rookie, Noble, Knight, Hero, Titian, Mythic, Guardian, Legendary,  Forerunner,  Reclaimer, Inheritor,  Master, Grand Master] . Of course the winners of the match get more points than the losers, that way it will promote Casuals to compete competitively and motivate them to unlock titles and armors.

.        A Social/Ranked playlist is a MUST.

II.              Armor

.        Halo Reach style of armor. They got it right.

.        As you start your Spartan Rookie in match matching, all new and polished, make it so that after 500 games played your armor begins to get worn(paint begins to rust away) in certain places like the hands and feet. 1000 games makes your Spartan look Battle Damaged,  scratches, bullet marks, cracked armor,  just completely worn out, that can be noticeable. Make it an Option to turn off or on. If those who don’t like to get dirty.

.        Armor Effects, like in reach. Smokey, Swampy, Dusty, Electric, Frosty, and Heatwave effect. I think these should be unlocked by doing Hard VID Master challenges.

III.            Game Mechanics

.        No join game in progress.

.        No Ordnance drops.

.        Remove Armor abilities OR rework them making it so they can used to a certain limit. Give them a Limit cap. That way players won’t abuse/spam it like crazy. And should be made PICK UP equipment in game.

.        Since Sprint is here to stay, all I ask is to be toned down just a little more, Speed wise. It would be nice to see a Bar Breathe indicating how much sprint you have.

.        BR/Carbine Start. DMR and L.R should be pick up weapons on maps.

.        Overshield, Camo, Speed Boost, Damage Boost power ups should be pickups on maps.

.        Descope is a MUST. Remove Flinch.

.        Less Aim assist, preferred Halo 2. More Skill required prompts longevity which make players only to play more to get better.

.        Bring back Game types, Assault, Invasion, Race(Hog Race was Fun as heck), Territories.

.        Halo: ODST Night Vision and Helmet Layout.

.        Return of 30+ seconds despawn weapons.

.        Return of Halo 2 Nade Mechanics

.        Return of Halos 3 Fusion Coils Mechanics

.        Cool accidental features that were in Halo 2 like the BXR/BXB, Ghandi Hopping,  InstaNade, Strafing, Nade jumping and even the Halo 4 spring Jump. All these will make halo a more interesting and depth game.

IV.             Maps/Forge

.        More small symmetrical maps

.        Appealing layout pieces, maybe adding different skins on them, Rural, Grassy, Rocky, Sandy, Cement. Just ideas.

.        A new Forge World/Island

.        Ability to choose Daylight or Night time.

.        Ability to choose a season to forge on. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.

.        Ability to forge firefight maps if it returns.

.        Environmental Scenery.  Would work BEST for BTB gameplay.

§  Desert map = light Sandstorm winds

§  Ice map = Falling of Hail/Snow

§  Volcanic map = Raining Ashes/Heatwaves

V.               Theater/Spectator Mode

.        Should be able to watch Campaign, Multiplayer, Firefight/Spartan Ops footage.

.        4 person accessibility

.        Should be able to mesh saved clips together. That would be neat.

.        SPECTATOR MODE IS A MUST.

VI.             Matchmaking/Appeal IDEAS

.        Social/Ranked Playlist

.        Spartan Tags that should be customizable like COD Emblems.

.        Halo 3’s Match making UI, where it displayed one map only, and the ability to only veto once. That way players play more diverse maps and gametypes.

.        Options to turn off/on of Oddball throwing and Assassination Animation.

.        Flag Juggling IS also a must. Again that Skill Gap.

.        A more appealing UI, user friendly, a combination of halo 3 and Reach would be ideal.

VII.          Spartan Ops/Fire Fight

.        Add environmental factors that play a big part in the Firefight/Spartan Ops like Twisters, Blizzard storm, Volcanic derby, Tsunamis Waves, Sandstorm. Would make gameplay more dynamic.

.        Halo: ODST difficulty

.        Add FUN Easter eggs that would make players actually try to do/get. Like adding secret Switches that would trigger a volcanic eruption killing things in its path.  Or collecting secret coventant tablets as the game progresses that would trigger a big conventant ship to crash and explode. Something like that. Just an idea.

.        Add aircraft Firefights/Spartan ops gameplay. Like that one mission on reach, where they went from skyscraper to skyscraper.

VIII.    Return of Weapons/Vehicles

.        Weapons that brought an interesting fun factor to the game.

§  Grenade Launcher

§  Needle Rifle should be modify to where it shoots a 3 shoot burst, like the BR. That way the it would be a BR for the covenant. And also cool new weapon for halo 5.

§  Fire/Spike grenades

§  Brute Shot

§  Mauler

§  SMG

§  Plasma Cannon

§  Plasma rifle

§  Brute spiker

.        Vehicles that made the game more Fun

§  The Chopper

§  The Revenant

§  The Spectre

§  The Falcon

§  The Hornet

§  Brute Prowler

• Like 1

I think 343 would have the best multiplayer game is they based the multiplayer off of competitive. So don't put in unbalanced things that would have to be taken out for competitive anyway. Make halo back into an arena shooter that actually takes skill to do well in. (don't try to be like call of duty) 

Complete game customization options -

In Halo Reach a special playlist was made to resemble the play of Halo CE.

I want the ability to do this and more for custom games

Health Bar check box (If checked on health packs will be on maps)

Fall damage check box 

Weapons available check box (Abilty to limit what weapons are available for games)

Weapon characteristics (Firing speed, reload speed, power of shot, ammo amount, Accurancy, melee power)

Shotgun(s) specific option - Shot drop off setting. Per X distance the shot does -Y% damage

Sword Specific - Lunge distance and check box for Tiebreaker(Halo 2 style of sword fighting)

Needler Specific - Needler speed

Rocket Specific - Tracking ability check box

Plasma Pistol specific - Tracking ability accuracy, overcharge shot does X extra damage(Halo CE)

Grenade throw - power of throw(distance), arc of throw 

Grenade specific - blast radius 

Dual weapon check box for available to use

Weapon characteristics of dual wielded weapons

Zoom capabilty check box (pistol could in Halo Ce but not Halo2 but this would be for all weapons)

Jump height - Ability to adjust down using as low as a hundredth of a foot or millimeters which ever convention they use ()

Movement Speed - Same explanation as height

Shield Strength  

Shield Regen rate

Powerup options (Invisibility-Durantion,Overshield-Durantion and X amount of extra shielding)

Equipment check box for available to use(bubble shield, etc...)

Equipment options (Durantion, radius of use, power of blast)

Armor Abilities check box for available to use (All should be available for custom games)

Armor ability options 

Already made game presets

Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach, Halo 4

get rid of the system where a class is determined by an armor ability, that is lame, class should have a more profound effect, for example, a heavy Spartan like Jorge from reach who has extra protection and melee power but reduced stamina and speed possibly cant use some vehicles because his armor is too heavy,  and a light Spartan who has unlimited sprint, doesn't take falling damage, can drive light vehicles, move faster, jump higher, but possible cant use some weapons because he isn't as strong as a heavy trooper, has increased stealth and can drive vehicles faster because less weight is more horse power lol. but the lighter weight means less shield power and less health, and they can have a Spartan that is a mix of heavy and light. and obviously balance them, also when you  get a new helmet it should change the hud, your guys stories behind the helmets are cool, but seriously add something more to the helmet, for example. the ugly evo helmet gives you an option for a toggle panorama view, or the helmet designed for e.o.d should give you a reduced damage from explosions, eod does mean explosive ordnance disposal, maybe by getting achivements you get different armor, not level, like say after surviving 10 explosions you get eod boots then after 25 survived explosions you get the eod shoulder pads, you get the idea,  and say you get the ability to sense grenades and mines from the helmet, and the other parts just slightly decrease damage from things that go boom maybe the eod boots delay mines . the gloves give you the ability to throw a grenade back.  and the stuff like wetwork and pathfinder, those too were sadly lame, instead of giving you one class to decide how you play , have how you play develop your class, say you start out as a standard Spartan, hopefully standard light armor, standart heavy armor, or standard all purpose Spartan, you start playing and you are a grenade nut, after you kill 10 people with grenades you get a little achievement saying something like nader and you unlock a special armor item that will very slightly increase your explosive throw range or power,  and armor abilitys should be something that is a nice additive but not what your Spartan is revolving around,  I know they don't have time to put smart stuff into halo 5 but take note for halo 6 boys,  some otherbothers I have,, a wart hog shold be slowed by having a full cabin and each Spartan class with different weight slows it down by a different percent, because from what I remember a Spartans armor is like 1 ton, that is a load.  also why are Spartans these billion dollar war machines but they  use all the same weapons as the puny unsc guys, Spartans need some xl Spartan only guns and vehicles,  people aslo love to complain about halo staying halo, I mean this is ok for you crazy people who think you should make a game over and over and over again,, halo really needs some ground breaking changes otherwise 343 is just never going to get out of my mind set of the people who got halo and didn't do anything to it,  man o man if I was one of the guys making these games id have to be arrested for being the reasom amercians don't do anything but play video games. 

The original Trilogy's success in keeping players and bringing in more out did Halo 4 by a long shot. So i think bringing old features back along with new ones should bring back the population and success Halo once had. Features like a new ranking system similar to what Halo 3 had, Dual wield and the simplicity of the original Halo game's multiplayer, not an overdone multiplayer with unnecessary features made for noobs. (no-offence to noobs)

Bring backs the fun multiplayer elements that made halo 2 and 3 so great. The maps were better, have a ranking system, bubble shields!, the vehicles, dual wielding, NO classes, no starting with some BS ability like camo or increases vehicle health. You keep making halo more like CoD. WHY???!!! You had magic with halo 2 and 3. The only good idea in reach and 4 was sprinting and the map exile. Otherwise you his kinda messed up what made halo so fun forte majority of us. I've been playing since day one. Now I'm 24 and have seen halo go downhill. I'm literally peeing myself that there will be a halo 2 edition comin out. Halo reach and halo 4 got away from the experience. There's a reason why the same number of people are playing halo 3 and 4 on live some days! An even so, there's only ever like 7000 people playing halo 4 on a good day. I remember when halo 3 came out. There was 800,000 and the servers couldn't handle it! Learn from your fans and earn our trust back.

• 2 weeks later...