The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

1. HIGH TTK, I don't want to play a sequel to Titanfall.  Low TTK ruins FPS.
  2. Campaign mode like StarCraft II with Jim R.  MC with his own ship being able to explore planets with main objectives and side objectives.
  3. Multiplayer where Clan/Guilds can square off on an epic level.   Several planets/maps simultaneously, each planet is a hardpoint, each Faction possesses a carrier and each Faction must capture all 3 planets to be able to assault the opposing carrier (space battles).  This would be a beautiful blend of RPG, FPS and RTS.

What you want is a strategy game. This one should do, http://www.uberent.com/pa/

Also a high time to kill in Halo would be awful. It's been slow since 2001 and it is going to remain slow.

Edited by WonderWombat
  • Like 1

Technically adding machines (doors) would be simplistic and require nothing more than adding the machine palette to the editable sections. The only problem comes in when you place the doors. In order for them to work properly, they have to be placed so they do not collide with any other piece or map geometry. Machines iirc, cannot be phased and still open properly. Aside from that, the machines would only require an additional.spawn for a " phantom power".

Technically adding machines (doors) would be simplistic and require nothing more than adding the machine palette to the editable sections. The only problem comes in when you place the doors. In order for them to work properly, they have to be placed so they do not collide with any other piece or map geometry. Machines iirc, cannot be phased and still open properly. Aside from that, the machines would only require an additional.spawn for a " phantom power".

Is it only in Halo where machines cannot be phased and opened properly? Could them switching to an entirely new engine potentially solve that?

Edited by WonderWombat

Well it's been a while since I did any work with machines, but I'm not entirely sure 100%, that it won't work in a phased state.  Phased is basically the nice way of saying an object has a "stabilized" setting. in the objects physics model tag.  Judging from when I did use machines in halo 2, using  the doors only opened from one end, or other machines didn't animate  at all.  I haven't done any research into machines fro anything post Halo 3 though.  Either way, it's a feature that would work.

I want two things.

1. Theater for every game mode.

2. A longer ranking system.

That's about it for me. I don't even know why campaign in Halo 4 was not theater applicable. It seems natural to have it when 3 and Reach did.

As for ranking, I play a new Halo's MP into the ground after it 's released, so by the time February 2013 rolled around I had already hit SR 130 and that disappointed me. So XP or True Skill, Just make it last a long time please.

• Like 1

I just heard rumors of HALO 5 turning into another Titanfall, which bothered me.

Exactly, just rumors. No reason to get sad or bothered. No one outside 343i or MSG has any direct correct information about what is being worked on. Let the idiots with their Youtube channels and blogsspin their bull**** rumors. Stuff like this does nothing more than hurt a franchise, hurt its players and cause tension when its not needed. Its all done for publicity for those who are spreading the bull****. My advice, sit back and relax. When we need to know sonething, 343i will tell us.

• Like 1

What I don't want -

Something about the lighting and textures gave Halo 4 more of a cartoony look.

The warthog's turret and ghost's canon were too underpowered in Halo 4. It wasn't even fun to use them. Halo 2 had it perfect.

Lose the letters and numbers above the head. Just use the gamertag.

Lose the setup lobby in halo 4. Halo 2's was more simple.

Lose the helmet hud

Ordinace -

What I want

Destructibility

70 player count

Massively sized maps

Dual weilding

Dynamic weather

Hardcore mode - no hud and half sheilds 

Here are my future halo (5&6) ideas on forge

1 an acme style terrain and or object editor.

Not quite sure on how or if would work but u would place a rock or wall put a shape like when manipulating teleported size place that through the object once placed it would delete visual and physical info allowing a player to walk through or place a tunnel into physical ground.

2 Nov no more to say there

3 a conveyer style physics where u would map out an invisible line and the object would follow go to end and respawn at original placement

4 drop pods

5 symmetry setting where instead of just duplicating an rotating a building a mirrored version appears

6 weather/ time of day settings

6 bushs diff trees more terrain and debris essentialy

7 a magnet phyics type similar to fixed but to much weight and it falls or it rebounds from a sudden pressure

8 the ability to actualy stand sideways upside and what have u in a grav field or applied grav field to an object and maybe even a setting bfore entering forge to apply a grav enviroment like choatic, upside down, no grav, low grav and have it applied to the entire map

9 and las for now a better bugdet system not unlimited what i mean is u have used up all the objects from one catagory and have no intention of using a bunch from another an option where u could tranfer the limit of those objects ( i wont b using any vehicles so lets reduce that to zero and add those to my walls

Thats all for now

and if u wonder about the t at the end of this my phone screen is broke and for some reason i cant click behind it so i cant delete it lolt

It's not Halo unless it has coagulation.

The annoying yellow energy crap when when the armour gets hit needs to go.

Why can't you have a huge playlist and add the classic mode for the original fans and for people that want that. That's pathetic to limit people's options.

If this game only has a 16 player count max, I'm not getting it. Give us real Halo battles.

If this game only has a 16 player count max, I'm not getting it. Give us real Halo battles. ^

I can say confidently that Halo 5 will have more players than 16......

But quitting the whole franchise just because one game has 16 players is just obscured, Do you know how to code a game ?

Do you know how to even create one ?

Sorry to be so blunt but unless you have clear hands on experience inside the Halo 4 engine you cannot make those claims. Halo 4 pushed the 360 to the limits. :)

EDIT

I say that there should be a option in custom games to turn it off but not in normal Matchmaking. It is visual cue of the opponents shields.

Edited by Caboose the Ace
  • Like 1

That annoying yellow crap.

Is one of my favorite things about halo I love the feel of popping shields while my back up cleans house behind me.

I could see removing it in a custom game for some challenging and fun gametes but the shield pop has to stay

If this game only has a 16 player count max, I'm not getting it. Give us real Halo battles. ^

I can say confidently that Halo 5 will have more players than 16......

But quitting the whole franchise just because one game has 16 players is just obscured, Do you know how to code a game ?

Do you know how to even create one ?

Sorry to be so blunt but unless you have clear hands on experience inside the Halo 4 engine you cannot make those claims. Halo 4 pushed the 360 to the limits. :)

EDIT

I say that there should be a option in custom games to turn it off but not in normal Matchmaking. It is visual cue of the opponents shields.

I know that the 360's limited hareware couldn't handle larger player counts, but I doubt 343 will even take advantage of the XB1's power and design larger maps and player counts. If they keep Halo 5 at 16, it just shows they're content with their small corridor junk maps. You have to actual try to be creative with a new aproach on bigger map designs.

The nerf of the ghost and warthog still puzzles me as to why this isn't talked about. If it takes 4 seconds to kill a guy with the turret on a warthog, then something's wrong.

If some of you are guys are honest with yourselves and looked at my posts, you'd release that I've put forth some of the best ideas on these forums.

Enemy Diversity in the Campaign!

Okay, so in the Halo 4 campaign there were two clear categories of enemies: you had the covenant and the forerunner/promethean which was awesome! But how cool was it in Halo Reach when the Guta monster in Nightfall showed up... Although the standard enemies are fun and have great variety from each other, it would be good to see some unique enemies or even savage creatures that differ totally from the "norm" of the Halo campaigns. Having different sets of indigenous beasts depending on the setting, or sets of covenant outfitted with gear that alters the ideal method of fighting significantly, or maybe even some entirely new species to battle against over the course of the campaign. If new and interesting types of enemies were introduced along each mission of the campaign I think it would become exponentially more intriguing and keep players dying to know what they'll encounter next!

I know that the 360's limited hareware couldn't handle larger player counts, but I doubt 343 will even take advantage of the XB1's power and design larger maps and player counts. If they keep Halo 5 at 16, it just shows they're content with their small corridor junk maps. You have to actual try to be creative with a new aproach on bigger map designs.

The nerf of the ghost and warthog still puzzles me as to why this isn't talked about. If it takes 4 seconds to kill a guy with the turret on a warthog, then something's wrong.

If some of you are guys are honest with yourselves and looked at my posts, you'd release that I've put forth some of the best ideas on these forums.

Tooting your own horn there? Your suggestions just seem to show that you want Battlefield 4 with Halo skins.

Also 'real' Halo battles would be 16 max players seeing as that is how it has always been.

Edited by WonderWombat

Tooting your own horn there? Your suggestions just seem to show that you want Battlefield 4 with Halo skins.

Also 'real' Halo battles would be 16 max players seeing as that is how it has always been.

See that's the problem, "oh let's not do more players because battlefield does it." That's a very poor excuse because plenty of other games do it besides Battlefield. Halo should have more players. Look at Halo Wars and some of the parts in other Halo's campaigns.  It would fit perfectly in the multiply with vehicals.

There's no reason Halo 5 couldn't have 70 player count maps and 24 or 16 player ones too.

If I may, 343 wants those kinds of maps, well without the 70 player count thing...that's a bit extreme.

I believe with the xbox one there will be more player's allowed to play in a game other than 16. more like 32 players max. And I believe that is going to happen.

See that's the problem, "oh let's not do more players because battlefield does it." That's a very poor excuse because plenty of other games do it besides Battlefield. Halo should have more players. Look at Halo Wars and some of the parts in other Halo's campaigns. It would fit perfectly in the multiply with vehicals.

There's no reason Halo 5 couldn't have 70 player count maps and 24 or 16 player ones too.

You also want destructible environments and massive maps. Battlefield isn't the only game that has a lot of people in it nor is it the one I think of when people mention more players. Halo would not work on massive maps, most fps games won't work on massive maps without just sticking BF'S conquest into the game. Additionally the vehicles aren't designed for those types of games and aren't balanced for it either. This would require 343 to remake them.

If they add more players they should do 24, or even 32 but that may be pushing it. The maps should also not get bigger than Sandtrap.

Edited by WonderWombat

I was playing Halo 3 ODST for the first time and came up with a grand Idea that should be put into the Halo 5 Multiplayer!

IDEA:

We always play as Spartans, what if we had to EARN our way to be a Spartan?

So here is where everything comes into play:

Everyone Starts off with what Race they want to be.

Human or Covenant:

If you choose the Covenant you start off as a Grunt. At Rank 5 you become a Jackal, at Rank 10 you become a Jackal Sniper, Rank 20 you become a Elite, at Rank 40 you become a Hunter and at Rank 60 You become General of The Elites.

If you choose Human you start off as a Soldier, (where you enter the game in a Pelican), by Rank 20 you become ODST (Where you start off in the Forward Unto Dawn where you choose your weapon loadout in the Armory 1 Primary and either a 2nd Primary or a Side-Arm, Then you make your way to a drop pod where you will hit the (X) button and begin your orbital drop in your own pacific location on the Map to begin your Assault). By Rank 40 you begin Spartan Training as a Spartan Operative (Which comes with your basic Jet Pack, Camouflage, & Sprint)  and by Rank 60 you become an Actual Spartan.

While in the game. If a game comes full you have the option to become Commander of the Covenant or the Humans. How does this work?

When you are commander you have the Options to call in Orbital Strikes that can wipe out an entire unit with-in 20-50 meters.

The option to re-enforce your team

&

The option to call in Pelicans or Covenant Cruisers to bring in Vehicles and NPC's to use or assist you. The Highest Ranking Player on the team will be the one that will be able to use Commander.

Some might think this will be copyright from DICE; creator of Battlefield . But it is not. It's something far more better.

To add to this, Don't do what bungie did Which was Small Maps - But instead add Medium to Large Based Maps and as for FORGE MODE allow the gamers to spend/use more money and whatever you use to make your maps, allow us to use the same amount of space you do.

One last thing, for the Vehicles.

We should be able to use and fly (Pelicans and Covenant Drop Ships)

Halo 5 or Halo 6 for Xbox One/PS4 would be the Best Halo game out, especially if you were able to do 4-8 players Storyline!

^

Who cares if it is even better than BF !?

*Sigh*

That is just BF4 with a Halo skin and that is not what Halo is, Halo is Halo ! Nothing more nothing less ! You change stuff like that and Halo is not even Halo anymore. :)

It will always be Halo no matter what.

But it is not....

That idea ( no offense ) was just BF with a Halo skin, And that is giving the winning Halo formula a 360 into something it is not.

BF4 was built from the ground up to have massive 64 player battles, Halo is not BF it is Halo. Halo is know for its face paced arena gameplay ( or was know until Halo Reach ) That is the core of Halo muilplayer and I don't want it gone. :)

But it is not....

That idea ( no offense ) was just BF with a Halo skin, And that is giving the winning Halo formula a 360 into something it is not.

BF4 was built from the ground up to have massive 64 player battles, Halo is not BF it is Halo. Halo is know for its face paced arena gameplay ( or was know until Halo Reach ) That is the core of Halo muilplayer and I don't want it gone. :)

If Halo did a 360 it would be right where it started. :P