Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

For the past two or three days me and my friend have been playing Halo 4 matchmaking and we start the match fine. But then our abilities stop working and all that is there is a box. And then we can not access our loadouts and puts us back to SR1. My NAT is open and there is no issues with the XBOX live or connection. We have been playing for about three months now and this has just been happening recently. So I am not sure what to do and what is going on. This is killing my profile stats. If someone can get back to me on what is going on or email me that this is something on the server status side please let me know. Oh and before anyone says anything...I know for a FACT that this is not a LAG issue. I have dealt with Lags and this is not it.

Can someone from the 343 Matchmaking Department please address this issue -  clearly it shows on this thread that many people have lost their XP. 

In my case, its very much the same. I battled stupidly hard to achieve the 30,000 XP War Games Monthly Challenge 'To the Victor Go the Spoils' (11/03/2013) while I was Rank 89. I achieved Rank 90 without achieving the 30,000 XP. As soon as I achieved the 30,000 XP I immediately boosted my rank up to Rank 94. I then came back the next day to find I was Rank 91!?!?!? ....don't know about you, but that seems to have gone down a few numbers! 

Please 343, address this annoying, frustrating blow and give back the 30,000 XP...or answer with some explanation at least.

Thanks, Happy Haloing - MCD

DEEPER DEATH CRIES

Something thats been irritating me (and no doubt others) is when you get killed you make a noise like a

distressed choir boy.

Surely the spartan voices should of broken!

So lets have deeper death cries , after all this game is meant for 16yrs+  so the majority will be sounding

more like men than women.

And if you are a lady player you should get female sound effects.

Hey all, just a quick question to see if anyone has the same issues,

When searching for players in spartan ops, it just keeps searching FOREVER. Carries on until it backs out that it cannot find anyone even though there are 300 to 500 plp playing.

In war games I have the same issue only it does find players but I start up in a game half way through its match and well there's no point playing for 10 minutes if that.

Any help would b great have been trying for a week now.

The only problems I am having In matchmaking Is,

that the Assault Rife Is way to powerful.

Honestly, I think that people who use Assault Rife don't want to go full out combat.

It Is so hard to kill this types of people because, of how powerful this gun Is,

I think the DMR should be more powerful than the Assault Rifle.

Plasma Grenades.

Honestly, I rarely ever use this things..

I use them problem like once a month,

I am not a over-user of the over powered things I use the things that

are less likely to win things, Im not sure why but that Is what I do.

I play Team Slayer exclusively, and since H2 have played 20,000+ matches.  A list of my issues:

1.  When the game first launched, the player population of TS was 55,000 or more.  This ensured great queues with consistent network quality, and very few lag issues.  Now, the average TS population is <9,000, and the network quality of each match is usually terrible.  Gameplay is inconsistent, usually with one player (host) who goes +15 or more, and the majority of other players negative.  Plus, as others have pointed out, armor abilities become unavailable when the host connection is poor.  (I can't count the number of times I've been killed mashing the armor ability button and nothing happens.)  The solution?  Consolidate gametypes.

2.  I dislike intensely Infinity Team Slayer and the points system.  Give us back 1 kill = 1 point!  Instead, there is a style of gameplay to try to "win the lottery" and get lots of points.  When you add this dynamic with what I pointed out in #1, it creates an even more lopsided match.  Frequently I am the only player on my team with a positive k/d, but the others who are negative have more points than me?  How does this make sense?

3.  Where are the great maps?  Five maps total in TS...with one (Solace) that very few actually vote for?  There is such a wonderful "catalog" of successful MM maps, that it seems to me a no-brainer to upgrade these and integrate.  Much easier than creating a brand new one from scratch.  I would thoroughly enjoy being able to revisit these classics!

Have been looking online for an answer, have sent 343 industries a pm through halo waypoint 3 days ago n nothing. Have not been able to play spartan ops online for 2 weeks now getting seriously tired of this poop n am gonna just give up n put the game away for probably a year b4 I even look back at it.

I think theses are the issues that annoy me the most, People who can't die, Peopel who have shields respawn directly after cracking them. Oh, and thoses lovely people who seem to unexplainly lag the screen when they are on it but when they aren't its fine. They also have this strange ablity to move rather quickly almost like teleporting but i've been told thats just impossiable...

I seriously am developing a hatred for halo because of the unreliability of almost every aspect of matchmaking. Starting with connection issues in game I though lag was on my end, but after manually setting up, prioritizing, testing, and maintaining my own home network, I know my speed (both up and down) are beyond more thN enough to play live. So after setting up everything, I figured id solved the issues id been having in matchmaking. This sas not the case inf the slightest.

Weapons, to start, either dont do damage or dont register damage until I have wasted an entire clip or grenaded and in turn been killed myself BEFORE everything I just did to the other guy effects him. 9 times out of 10 I can manage to dodge and attack long enough to let the other guys lag catch up and take his shield down before i die but again, thats all that happens and im in turn dead. This wouldn't bug me so much if I wasnt a sniper nut, but actually being able to SEE the head of youre enemy in your sight and watching 3 or 4 headsets not do a damn thing pisses me off. And it always seems that when the other guy notices, I cant take more than 2 hits (whether they shoot my head or not) and the 3rd ALWAYS kills me.

This bring me to the 4 shot. No longer is it 4 but 5. Sure. I watch replays of my deaths usually and I unload 4 shots, take down their shield, they hop like a retard and shoot, miss, hit once, shoot next to me, shoot my chest (by now all I need is a head shot to kill them) then I die. Either knowing u got them more then enough or they got some magic ass shots that evennin the replay from their ******* end shows they didnt hit **** but air or environment.

Weapons power level seems to waver frequently. 3 shot kills, 4 sometimes, 5 if youre lucky with aligned stars and a perfect connection with 343 helping you, or 6...7...8...9....a ******* clip.

Grenades cant keep up or simply choose when they want the flying toss to happen, maling with the marker doesnt do **** if one grenade takes town a third of your shield but two will kill even when you attempt to evade.

The dmr needs to be removed entirely. **** that unreliable gun in an unreliable server. Its **** and it encourages campers and false skills for cheap scores. Yes I too know how to setup a cloak loadout andmi know how to crouch, but wtf is the point of playing online if you want to find a corner, and just try to spray people from the other side of the map like a *****? Go find a click and shoot game on your pc and gtfo of halo.

Jetpack is ****. Feels too limited after reach for me. I like how it works for mobility aline, but its a retarded crutch for campers to hide and attempt ambushes from above.

Thruster pack is useless iutside of physics close to flood (I think its a little more jump heoght and player speed, possibly lacking gravity but im not sure). Whats the point of the pack if when you get shot you slow down in all controls and movement so you cant use it to evade and it doesnt move you far enough from a grenade blast you stuck on some jackass in your face trying to bash you? Or even better the sight is still red after you try to get away with a thrust and they just need to bash the red marker and you lose regardless.

Im disgusted I wasted what little money I did on majestic map pack. That crap should be free. Pathetic tiny maps with grenade perfect halls. Are these maps really just hear to encourage mass chaos in clusrers or am I just missing the tactical points of a rocket designed one-way resulting map???

Seriously. My kd spread isnt amazing but I manage alright to stay around 500 on the positive side, but that doesnt last when I visit flood games managing all the lagging I see other players or the games host causeand manage to attack yet not kill after hitting enemies. Shotguns work further than the red sight shows and that always kills my ass when im flood, but when I use it from even just as im close enough to get a red sight my shots hurt but rarely kill. This usually pisses me off after about 4 games of me sarcastically calling out how many times I can hit but never kill someone before they get me with a single hit/shot.

I don't even remember what else happens besides magic deaths when I kill someone without them hitting me at all, but when I deliver the final shot I fall dead as if he had done everything to me and not the other way around. Seriously 343 i will create a new word of profanity just for you're wonderful servers (I assume thats whats to blame on the mechanical end) and lack of reliable gameplay.

I've had Halo 4 for just about 2 weeks. I blasted the legendary run and the War Games road to 50 within a week and am currently working through my first spec, but as well as working on my Spartan in the game, I also would like to perfect Halo 4, but the only Crimson map that has turrets or a mantis (Shatter, but correct me if I'm wrong) never shows up on any playlist choice for any game time. Seeing as there is no Crimson DLC section to War Games since Majestic dropped, I can't for the life of me figure out how I'm meant to get those 4 achievements when the only map you can get them on never shows up. Anyone else found the map hasn't showed, or is there something I'm missing that could help it show up more?

Cheers

Okay then where to start for one The Assault rifle is to over powered that needs to be nerfed and the Storm Rifle even more overpowered also needs to be nerfed and the boltshot takes seconds to kill someone and its a Secondary i mean come on 343 so also the DMR is wayyyy to op it takes few shots to kill someone (unlike in reach) bring back the reach DMR shooting speed etc etc the Battle Rifle has terrible range then DMR is more or less a sniper compared to it

Active Camo to easy to see through and the suppressor (if that's how its spelt) thats all for now Thanks i hope you see this because right now i cannot have fun in match making because of all this 

WHAT the hell is happening over at 343i - I was all excited to get this map pack. Hell I am sure most of us pre-ordered the map pass before it even came out. Point being you knew how many wanted this. There shouldn't be many glitches when they (maps) arrive. 

First weapons seem way unbalanced. I literally loaded an opposing player up in multiple games on this DLC with a DMR, one solid clip, they didn't die. But then the next spartan comes along hits me twice or three times with a DMR I die.

343i you must be able to look at the stats and wonder whats wrong when on one team a one player will have 26-33 kills and the balance of his team is between 13-9 kills. Isn't there a flag that goes up to you?

Plus there has to be a way to fix the lagging players, if they have a bad connection how are they aloud into a match with good connections? Am I the only one that sees a problem with this?

Plus these DLC's are only available for so long before they disappear. I rarely see any of the other map packs I paid for anymore. Why not have a specific Squad DLC playlist for all of us that paid the money to play them. Like Halo Reach had. But hey those got taken away too in Reach. So we pay money for what?

What happened to the scorpion that was in the Castle Map pack trailer? I haven't seen it on any of the maps.

Daybreak, cool map but one sided worse than Exile. One side gets a banshee and a Warthog and a ghost? What does the other side get? A warthog...cmon already

Just very disgusted with the matchmaking gameplay. I know you are going to have better players and horrible players. Then all you have is achievement hunters and rank players. There has to be a way to balance this.

Please fix it before I go to the dark side permanently (C.O.D.)

Like to remind the Halo franchise that I have purchased every Halo game, even reserving the games I've bought up to a year in advance.

I'd like to complaign about the recent increase in lag & cheating. It makes no sense to have us playing gamers in Austrailia, Canada, Brazil, Japan, etc. The lag is horrible & the foriegners always seem to have host & an unfair advantage. This skews the stats in their favor more often than not, killing my record in the process. In Reach we at least had the option of filtering players by language, this helped a bit. But I would really like you to consider letting us filter our matches, if we wish, by country. I also wish you would work on a more even match-making set up. The matches have become increasingly lopsided. Or put in a tier system, but do something. The cheating is obvous and obnoxious. If you can't control this unfortunate problem, then let them play amonst themselves. People are blinking all over the screen, or getting way to many 2 shot kills, its just bull****. I consider players who resort to using modded controllers, even the ones licensed by Microsoft, cheaters. Players who use keyboards & mouses or extra sensitive toggles & no slow turn controllers, its just cheating. We should all have to play with the extra frames of animation placed in the game by the developer. Or again, let them play amonst themselves. Also, again I would like to remind you that I reserved my copy of Halo 4 as soon as I could. Now the game is for sale for like $40 & you get the map-packs for free. Should'nt the people who paid full price get the map-packs for free as well. How about all the people who paid for those map-packs already. I refused initially, to pay for maps just a few months after the game was released, you all have the gall to pull this crap & expect me to buy the next game. Sorry, I'm not buying anymore of this franchise until you guys wise up. I also understand that there are some damn good players out there that appaer as though they are invincible & hit every target right between the eyes. But how can that be enjoyable to them or their victoms, give them and the average players an equal match for crissakes. This cannot give us gamers accurate stats either. So the hot shots & cheaters stats continue to rize while the average player struggles to keep his at a respectable level. Agaian its just BS. I swear to you on a stack of Bibles, that the hackers have hacked your game, I see a cheater in around 4 out of 5 games. Again I'm not buying another thing from you, until you address this lopsided BS. I'm done. And you trolls can kiss my ass, I have a 1.2 KD, which exeeds allot of players that are now killing me with 1 stinking shot. So piss off in advance.

• Like 1

ok where to begin. Big Team can be very choppy and laggy. Ordinances do not always get chosen correctly. FInally, Lately I have been unable to respond due to a glitch in Settler (that new terrible level). I seem to respond inside the ground and die due to "suicide" yet I did nothing except choose to respond quickly. Where do I go to voice these serious game errors so that they can be fixed

I LOVE halo, and Halo 4 in general, but I have never been more frustrated with a game in my life. That stupid red arrow should not be allowed on SWAT playlists. I dont know how many times I have seen the replay where someone will track me across the map and get a headshot while still practically out of view. I am also curious about how matchmaking finds players to group together. The vast majority of games I play, I end up playing against at least one >100 level player (usually multiple) while I am only at 40. In previous Halo games it always seemed to match me up with players of similar skill level, but now all I get to play against are people that seem like they could be pro. 

Again, I am a big fan of this game in general, but have never been more frustrated in my life. FML.

Don't you people get what p2p sessions is? It means one of the clients are host. Which in turn means lag when you combine it with such an abysmal and dispersed population Halo4 got. New CSR matchups adds to the dispersion even more also. No recoding in the world can fix it on the server side. Game needs a bigger population, that's all.

Hello 343 industries

I came here to say that Halo is a great game but it needs to be fixed in some areas.  I have to start with the matchmaking searching. I search for a matchmaking game and I fined people that are ten times better than me. Now i'm not saying that its a bad thing to go up against people like that, but I feel like I can't get many kills because they seem to take them from. I think that when I seach for a game of matchmaking  I should find a game with people that are the same skill level as me so I and other players can feel like their equal. The second thing is that some of my friends say that there's aim botters out there or modders that fix the game in their favor so they can win. Now I don't believe that theres always a modder or aim botter in every game but there are at times. I think if you could find out who those people are and get them banned for a ertin amount of time to teach them a lessen, that would be awsome. The third and last thing is that you should add a classic gametype playlist to Halo 4 and also maybe send out one more map pack that has classic maps. I think that people may play more Halo 4 if you add these things and fix these problem. 

Thanks for reading this if you do. 

From- Dont Strike