Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

I die in 2 shots from dmr or battle rifle, like it';s not even fair, I'm not that bad, but two shots :(

Nobody dies from 2 shots, the only possible reason is that you are having connection problems and are lagging so you are being shot the normal amount but to you it seems like only a couple hit and you die.

Not much you can do just back out whenever this seems to be happening, and look for another game, avoid BTB is another thing

I have to say i have hated this game strictly because of all the power ups and specializations and junk. I just played a variant called throwdown slayer and in that variant i got a game type called Slayer Deluxe. . .WHAT AN AMAZING TURN FOR HALO 4!!!. it was just like halo 3 no stupid power ups no specializations no ordinance and putting down rockets or snipers or railguns. Most importantly no promethian vision. it was strictly based on skill and i felt like i was actually good again. i actualy love the people who thought of this as it has just made me a happy halo player again like when i was 18 years old playin halo 3 non stop every day. I prey that this game type will never leave halo 4 like all the other weekly changes to the game do, but if it does i will be happy that for this one week i was able to enjoy halo 4 as i always used to enjoy the other games, and how i assumed i would be able to when pre ordering halo 4 back in june. Please make this slayer deluxe the normal slayer of halo 4 or atleast a variant that will always be available to play as long as halo 4 is around.

Halo 4 Host System Terrible!.......I have been Playing Halo Since it first came out, and I have never in any Halo seen such a terrible Host System or Netcode In any Game. It is the worst in Team Snipers. Has anyone ever gone to film after a game and seen some of the redicoulous headshots you get blood spatters out of there heads and they Live? Or how about getting snipped through a ten foot wall that the bullet magicly killed you through? Its unreal and absolutely Terrible! And the Host System is Terrible. Theres No GOOD Connection Preference anymore or a Prefer My Language Either. I Have a 150 mbps Download and 10 Upload with a 11 Ping of 11 ms Living in Minnesota Playing with a Direct bConnection to my Docsis 3.0 Cisco Modem Brand New, And the Game Will still pick a host from Japan Mexico or Some other Wirless Laggy Connection over Mine or any other Good Connection in the Game Its unfair and needs to be Changed. Atleast Give us the Option to Chose a GOOD Connection and quit picking the 1.5 Upload Wirless 5 sec delay Host! I basically Have quit playing Halo cause the system and Lag is so Terrible. Why does it chose such a bad connection everygame and Explain to us how the Host system Works? Its obviously doesnt!!! I get So Mad When You Die all because of the BS Netcode Lag! Help!!!

I'd like it if vehicles didn't take damage from teammates. I can't even count the amount of times I've gotten into a vehicle and it was destroyed by a teammate because they didn't get it first. I'm tired of this, at least make it a betrayal so I can boot them.

You and many others, they made it no friendly fire but failed to think it through. They kinda have to have it the way it is or else every time an enemy would try to board a friendly vehicle (say tank) you could just stick nades to the tank killing him and doing no damage to the tank!!!

Honestly they should have just left the friendly fire in the game and it would be all the better for it, its like every time I play dominion I have teammates trying to shoot enemies through me (they are used to slayer) but they are actually helping to kill me.

the team killing with a vehicle is stupid if they updated it and fix's that will help a lot with the team killing i mean it so sensitive that one love tap could make a spartan fly it's funny but not when it's your own team and when you hit the other team they don't get splatter cause of some weird reason.

if 343i see's this fixs this please i love the game and i deffend you but team killing should be no no

I'm having enormous lag issues with matchmaking, as well as some with Spartan Ops (though this obviously isn't the venue for those complaints). Up until the update today there was some occasional lag; post-update, the game is pretty much unplayable as a result of massive lag causing other players and occasionally myself to teleport around the map, actions taking place several seconds late, and players rendered entirely immune to damage. I have my NAT settings wide open, ports forwarded, and there isn't a problem with my connection, so it has to be down to the server load or some other bug with the system 343 have in place.

I absolutely appreciate that having hundreds of thousands of people attempting to connect to your servers at once is a daunting challenge for any company to deal with, and others certainly have done much worse recently (Blizzard spring to mind). But this is one of the biggest gaming franchises in the world, and 343 have generally done a very good job with it, so I'm perplexed as to exactly why the multiplayer falls over so often. I've put a lot of time into the game over the last few months, and I've played Halo since it first came out. I really like what they've done with the solid multiplayer from Reach, as well as the huge variety of different modes and Skinner-box-like gear and armour customisation systems, not to mention Spartan Ops (which I love), and I'd very much like to be able to continue playing. If this problem persists, however, I won't. Those things that kept me coming back to the game are rendered utterly moot by the frustration of trying to play through the enormous amounts of lag.

Based on a quick googling of the problem, this is a widespread issue and one that needs to be resolved as quickly as possible. There are news articles being written about it, forum posts on here, and a whole host of angry tweets and Facebook updates. I'd appreciate a response from whoever handles customer engagement at 343 Industries as to why it's persisted so long, how they're dealing with it, and why the latest update may have worsened the situation rather than resolving it. Have your engineers look at exactly what's happening, and get back to your fanbase, please? We'd really like to be able to play your game, because it's otherwise great.

I'm having enormous lag issues with matchmaking, as well as some with Spartan Ops (though this obviously isn't the venue for those complaints). Up until the update today there was some occasional lag; post-update, the game is pretty much unplayable as a result of massive lag causing other players and occasionally myself to teleport around the map, actions taking place several seconds late, and players rendered entirely immune to damage. I have my NAT settings wide open, ports forwarded, and there isn't a problem with my connection, so it has to be down to the server load or some other bug with the system 343 have in place.

I absolutely appreciate that having hundreds of thousands of people attempting to connect to your servers at once is a daunting challenge for any company to deal with, and others certainly have done much worse recently (Blizzard spring to mind). But this is one of the biggest gaming franchises in the world, and 343 have generally done a very good job with it, so I'm perplexed as to exactly why the multiplayer falls over so often. I've put a lot of time into the game over the last few months, and I've played Halo since it first came out. I really like what they've done with the solid multiplayer from Reach, as well as the huge variety of different modes and Skinner-box-like gear and armour customisation systems, not to mention Spartan Ops (which I love), and I'd very much like to be able to continue playing. If this problem persists, however, I won't. Those things that kept me coming back to the game are rendered utterly moot by the frustration of trying to play through the enormous amounts of lag.

Based on a quick googling of the problem, this is a widespread issue and one that needs to be resolved as quickly as possible. There are news articles being written about it, forum posts on here, and a whole host of angry tweets and Facebook updates. I'd appreciate a response from whoever handles customer engagement at 343 Industries as to why it's persisted so long, how they're dealing with it, and why the latest update may have worsened the situation rather than resolving it. Have your engineers look at exactly what's happening, and get back to your fanbase, please? We'd really like to be able to play your game, because it's otherwise great.

The game is not run from dedicated servers, instead 1 person in the game hosts the game and this is where your issue lies. If they are on the other side of the world you have ing the best connection ever is not going to help. Lag is always an issue with this setup.

I find the lag worst in BTB and not too bad in slayer where less info has to be processed, all I can say for you is play at times when most people in your time zone should be online (more chance of getting a local host) also avoid Big team outside these times, less players = less info = less lag

i downloaded the update and all of a sudden my loadouts and level don't show up. I go to the start menu and it's all there, i have my loadouts, armor, and i'm sr37, but when i join a matchmaking game i'm shown as level one and i'm default gray, but again, start menu has all my stuff. When the match starts, i'm level 1 and everything

This is my first time posting in a forum. I don't know if anyone from 343 reads these, or what, but here it goes:

I love Halo 4 overall, but there are a few things that REALLY just feel broken to me, as in "how in the hell did this feature make it into the game" broken.

First, why do we have to get slowed down when we get shot? I understand people don't like their kills getting away from them, but I never notice it helping me and ALWAYS notice it hindering me. This feature would be better off removed from the game.

Second, why are large maps like Complex and Harvest in the 4v4 map rotation? As a rule, ANY map big enough for vehicles is TOO big for 4v4. Not to mention that Complex is an AWFUL map anyway, but that's a different discussion...

Third, why is "picking up grenades from the map" an upgrade we have to choose? It's such an essential part of play that I feel severely handicapped without it, but using it all the time makes me feel like I'm missing out on the rest of the sandbox that 343 gave us to play around in. I really feel that the ability to pick up grenades should just be made standard.

Fourth, why is the radar in Team Throwdown ally-only? I honestly assumed it was a bug when I played it for the first time because how could anyone POSSIBLY have thought it was a good idea? 343 has said they want Team Throwdown to be the go-to competetive playlist, but the radar issue makes it almost unplayable. I love just about everything else about it. The forced loadouts and improved maps/settings all have a more "Halo 3" feel, which I deeply approve of, but radar NEEDS to be useful. Why even HAVE a radar if it doesn't show enemy movement? I can tell where my allys are with a quick glance around the map, the radar is what I use to make sure I don't get snuck up on and to plan engagements. If I wanted to play without a radar, I'd play Swat or MLG. Radar is and always has been an essential component of standard Halo. Not even Reach managed to mess THAT up.

Clear the cache on your main drive. It's also a good idea to setup static IP's for all of your devices. I use Mac filtering for security cause its faster. Just be sure to choose higher addresses so you won't have conflicts. example 192.168.1.9, 10, 11 etc.

Now you can forward all of you xbox live ports. It has them listed on the website.

Is this just a glorified complaint thread? I don't seem to understand the purpose of this topic cuz people post their own topics when they want to complain about things anyway and people here aren't in a position to fix most of these issues anyway, but whatever.

Oh, and my issue...

Some of these achievements are just ridiculous. "Kill 2 people with a pulse grenade" (I might have read that wrong) Geeze, that thing is a means to an end, not an end in itself.