Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

I got a perfection on Ragnarok (21-0) and not only did I not get the medal but I didn't even get the commendation for it, it still says 0/2, come on what is the deal with that? I stopped playing for a while because it just wasn't like halo 3 but decided to give it a go again and get ripped off. Oh, but I did get the forearms armor showing that I can unlock another one if I complete the perfection commendation. Why do I play if I'm not gonna get my rewards for it???? Fix this........

Is there going to be any improvement on the host selection or matchmaking, i'm joining games of Europe, Asia and what not, what are you unable to find players in Canada or North America itself or what? 

97% of the time it's the enemy team who is host and are untouchable, red bars everywhere and it's lagging bad and nothing is done? Surely you can't be serious that the person has the best connection?

When playing split-screen in Matchmaking, the framerate on many maps is VERY SLOW.  This wasn't a huge issue when the game first came out, but now that a large number of community forge maps are in circulation, it has become a pretty big problem for those of us who play with a partner.  The issue is apparent on ALL community made forge maps, as well as Complex.  The amount of "glitchy-ness" varies depending on gametype and map.

Also, when the game has to choose a new host, it seems like kill streaks are sometimes lost.  There's been a few times where I know I had 4 kills and the next would be a killing spree, but then the game chose a new host.  When I got the next kill....it didn't give me a medal for my spree.

We had a group of 4 people playing Halo 4 last night. 2 Xboxs, 2 TVs, 2 game disks, and each on split-screen multiplayer. 
When we formed up a 4-man party and tried to play Slayer (or Big Team Slayer) it would not give us any matchmaking opponents so we couldn't play. We tested the queue on each console with only 2 players in the party and got members within ~10 seconds. We quit that though so we could play as a group and ended up playing a local Custom Map.

What could we have done wrong? Why didn't it work? I thought the max party size was 4 for Slayer :/

(I don't know if this makes any difference, I'm SR88 and my friend's account is SR17. I don't think he has a CSR either)

Who do you complain to about the bogus matchmaking? I mean come on really? Me and my wife are tired of trying to play a match and always being thrown in a match with pricks. No voting for a map, just tossed into a match were they already have all the power weapons and are winning. I want to play a fair and equal match, not something i cant enjoy because it wants to dump me into a match instead of setting up to vote. Just today we hopped on to play some slayer both regular and BTB, all 9 matches we were tossed in(3 with the same group that had a 210-10 lead). Come on how are we supposed to have a fair chance if we are always getting tossed in one, and then having to play catch up. Thats Not fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, ever since an update a week ago a lot of playlists have started having Slayer Pro in them. What annoys me the most is that BTB is one of the playlists which is a terrible addition. So 343 take away Slayer Pro and add Playlists which concentrate on Pro variants, Thanks.

• Like 1

Take slayer pro out of infinity slayer, nobody wants to go into a game and have to use loadouts without anything good like abilities. I dont care if they make it a seperate gametype I just want to use MY classes when I'm playing. Also take out ALL forge maps from ALL game modes, and again I don't care if it is made into a gametype cause I am definitely not going to play it. I want to play the maps that were made with the game and the map packs, therefore it should search for players with the map packs also. Or there could be a map pack game type like in Reach where it is only DLC but you don't have to own all three of them just at least one.

• Like 1

Take slayer pro out of infinity slayer, nobody wants to go into a game and have to use loadouts without anything good like abilities. I dont care if they make it a seperate gametype I just want to use MY classes when I'm playing.

Agreed! Why give people the capability to create own classes/load-outs, and then not allow people to use it on the MOST "BASIC" playlists. Infinity Slayer (normal and big team) need to go back to the way it was before!!!

Add another game type for all the Pro game types, where you can restrict weapons, load-outs, etc as you want.

I really miss my free-for-all with my favorite load-outs and abilities... I HATE HATE HATE the friggin' Pro mode with a passion!

Matchmaking is absolutely BROKEN!!! I have only seen 4 or 5 choices for weeks now and I am getting angry. I have the Map Pass (would not buy again). Only seeing Complex, Meltdown, Shatter and Wreckage. Playing for 2+ hours at a time! I feel freakin ripped off. Help, what is wrong with this game?

I posted this on another post, but it's the same type of discussion. 

Everything is wrong with the matchmaking, the game is no Call Of Duty: Halo Edition. There is nothing halo about it, you can leave and join freely, there goes communication, and teamwork, you buy, and can choose weapons, you get care packages, I mean ordinances, camping, the player base is now mostly COD like as well. They simply need to put a CLASSIC SLAYER into the game, and it would make it all the better.

I posted this on another post, but it's the same type of discussion. 

Everything is wrong with the matchmaking, the game is no Call Of Duty: Halo Edition. There is nothing halo about it, you can leave and join freely, there goes communication, and teamwork, you buy, and can choose weapons, you get care packages, I mean ordinances, camping, the player base is now mostly COD like as well. They simply need to put a CLASSIC SLAYER into the game, and it would make it all the better.

It's called Team throwdown.

So, my halo server has been down since June 8th and it seems that I'm the only one experiencing this, I'm unable to play in matchmaking due to the lack of players playing in the servers, I've tried going to the halo waypoint through my computer but it gives me an error code, along with going to halo waypoint through my console, it just takes a long time to load.

I have tried:

restarting my console

deleting my catche

disconnecting my network connection and re-connecting it

and signing in and out of my live account.

Does anyone have any solutions for this? Since it doesn't really seem like a regular server update/problem like before?

One thing about MM is the waiting times for games. you would think 343 and MS would have figured out a better way with the servers and lobbies waiting time by now. even halo 3 had mid to long waiting times for matches. Callofduty has pretty fast lobbies and it keeps you wanting to play match after match but with halo 4 im waiting 5-10 minutes for a match which makes me want to stop playing earlier every time i play a session of halo. all im saying is maybe if the lobby times were a little faster people would play more because they would not get tired of waiting for the next match. 

I think the majority of problems in this game stem from the lack of both a social playlist and ranked playlist, like Halo 3. I also have noticed that the gameplay in Reach and now 4 is not as enjoyed by players (according to the population statistics, that is). I believe this is due to many unnecessary additions to the winning Halo formula. Loadouts, Armor Abilities at spawn, personal ordinance that randomizes and destroys competitive play, the simple fact that players don't spawn on the same foot (same weapons, no plasma grenades, N00B combos, etc.). All these seem to attribute to the decline of the Halo 4 population. I've made this analogy in another forum and I'll use it again: With the original trilogy, Bungie made an amazing motorcycle from scratch. Then, in Reach, they decided to add a sidecar... When 343i took over, they decided that that sidecar should be a two-seater. There are too many additions that truly changed the way the game plays, and in my opinion, not for the better.

Dear 343,

Please stop placing me in Settler.  I absolutely love playing Big Team Infinity Slayer.  I absolutely hate playing Settler 15 times in 20 matches.  Ragnarok and Exile are both great maps.  If I'm not playing in Settler, it's either Complex, Meltdown, or Vortex.  Please distribute these choices evenly.  I like Ragnarok and Exile so much better than Setller or Meltdown, I would rather go 5 and 20 than 20 and 5 kills to deaths respectively.  Thank you and good day.

Sincerely,

N1CKLE asscage

I used to love halo and did right from the first one. Now I would rather play reach.

My issues are:

The maps suck, especially the laggy forge varients. Where is the cliffhanger? The lockout varient blows due to framerate issues and the fact it was not developed for sprint.

Split screen online framerate is poor on most, if not all, forge maps.

The gameplay is less smooth and the weapons irritate me - ie boltshot, 6 shot pistol.

Promethian vision is as bad as armor lock

The matchmaking system pairs me up with teams I have no hope of beating

I cannot see who is in a party

Grenades should be picked up as you walk over them without having to sacrifice a perk, same with explosive damage. This should not be changable.

Spartans do not flinch when they are hit with mere bullets

Spawning is predictable and the sniper rifle had been ruined.

I will be biding my time and playing this game as little as possible so I can trade it in for something remotely decent (I have NEVER traded in a game before)

If this is the way halo has gone I will happily pass on this travesty of a game in the future as well and get myself a playstation (I have NEVER owned a gaystation before)

Im not a bad player but im clearly not "proh", you have lost me as a loyal customer as you focused on pleasing the pro niche. Good luck in fixing this broken tired franchise

Cant play split screen it lags terribly nomatter what i do or how i connect to my internet

do what ever they did on halo reach connection as i never lagged in that game, or put the regular maps back in the infinity slayer rotation as the forge maps have terrible connection and suck anyway.

I get shot from across the map in every map which happend once in a while in halo 2, 3, and reach...maps need more cover not just a big open space with rocks and a couple walls in the middle

put all the dlc maps back in the game that people paid $100.00 for to get the limited version (me) along with all the original maps 

get rid of all the junk add ons like customized load outs, personal ordinance spawns, armor abilities,  and 50% of the guns being one shot killers, because it just comes down to who has the right powerups or puts down the most ordinances (u get them if u get kills and they keep getting kills because they keep getting ordinances)  that wins the duel and or game rather than winning because of game smarts and skill.

Make a ranked slayer play list so i dont get paired up with three 7 year olds on the highest level because they never stop playing vs four 20 year olds (i only wana game with a 7 year old if he is ranked high based on his skill not his amount of gameplay)

The ideal halo would be an exact remake of halo 3. It had all full seperate maps that had different levels and different rooms. Everything was left up to skill and smarts other than a FEW on map powerups (bubble shield, over shield, camo) no dropping a sniper rifle or overshield on yourself no seeing through walls. Shot gun sword and rockets was enough one shot killers to have, i was able to play split screen with my brother and friends without it creating impossible lag throughout the entire game and everyone started the game with the same thing.

Everyone misses turning off thier xbox and being like that was fun (halo 3). I just turned mine off before work and was like G**D*** MF A**H*** PIECE OF S*** game... it must be impossible to please everyone when making a game as big as halo, but now that the kinks were ironed out somewhat hopefully the next one will be just amazing as the 3rd one as halo 3 was a phenomenon

I really think that this is a good idea. All of those people that complain about matchmaking can post it on here instead of on chat and making a whole topic about it. Now that's just annoying. I don't really want to complain but, I have a few issues. First off

If you play split screen it lags.

You always get into a losing game.

There's never variety in the map choices just the new ones, I think they should have more of

Abandon, Solace and Haven but, they don't.

and That's all.

• 2 weeks later...

Banchee. The banchee is too weak, it gets shot down all of the time and the plasma cannons dont do enough damage compared to halo 3 everyone gangs up on it and it is shot down in seconds

It needs stronger armour more powerful weapons and a reduced jacking range. I am fed up with mantises killing it in seconds and it being on maps full of power weapons including ordanance drops

I have been having trouble with matchmaking. It will find players and allow me to vote for maps, but everytime it starts to load the game, the status bar won't move and it will either restart the search or kick me all the way out to the title screen. Halo 4 is the only one of my multiplayer games that does this and I was wondering if anyone else was having this same issue and are there any solutions?

Split screen lag on custom maps during matchmaking, and in BTB types. At least for me. It sucks because I'd want to play lockout, but since I tend to be split screened a lot, I don't bother because it will lag and be an awful game.

I don't really have the time to read through 23 pages of thread posts so if this issue is currently being addressed then I would just like to reinforce the importance of the need for it, and if not then I would like to bring it to everyone's attention. Last night I played a match of Lightening Flag on Simplex. A player was able to get on top of the map and then effectively spawn kill myself and my entire team over and over again. I talked to an Ambassitor for Xbox Live through the Xbox Life support site and was told that I am in the wrong for being upset about someone finding a glitch in a map and then using it to spawn kill over and over again. I have been playing Halo since the first one, before Live was ever launched and I was right there on day one of the launch with Halo 2. I knew pretty much all of the Super Jumps but I never used them. The maps from H2 that got carried over to H3 had these jumps fixed. Then in H3, players began using the flairs to basically do the same thing. And the flairs were taken out of all Live matches because of this. Again, last night I pointed all of this out to the Ambassitor but was told over and over again that I was essentially stupid for finding this glitch with Simplex to be a bad thing. I want this addressed. When a person does something like exploiting a map glitch to spawn kill entire teams for 15 minutes straight, it takes the fun out of Halo and leads many people to quit playing entirely. Plz 343. Fix this map. Thank you for your time.

• Like 1