Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

I've seen all of these issues brought up before but none have ever been given a good solution. If there is any way to fix or bypass these annoying problems, please direct me to them. I currently cannot unlock the achievements for forerunner disintegration kills, killing 3 jetpacking enemies, regeneration field heals, or for playing on all castle maps. Beyond this, I can't load a match on any of the game's default maps. For a while after I purchased the dlc, I could only play on the original maps but now none of the maps will load. I can play anything in the team dlc playlist but any normal map will begin loading then either return me to the start screen or the search lobby. The pictures for the maps do not even appear in the voting screen.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite disappointed with how the game modes are now ruined because they have been making new game modes such as CTF SWAT, I don't see the point of mixing to different game modes it's pointless. If you want to play swat you should be able to JUST play swat, not swat and CTF at the same time that is why they have different game modes for, not mixing two together and this has also happened on big team infinity where you can't use your own classes how boring is that. I used to like this game but now I think that this game is not as good as what it used to be. Please note that if there isn't no change them I'm selling the game. I used to be a huge halo fan I had all the games from the start and this is turning to be worse than halo reach with its level up system and credit system i hated that game. Every halo game after halo 3 got worse apart from halo wars which I think is the best stratagy game I have ever played.

I bought Halo 4 map pass and have not gotten to play on any of the DLC maps in matchmaking. I have played I think it was like 60 matches and even the voting doesn't show the DLC maps. I have played some ricochet but have not seen the new maps at all in matchmaking votes. In the matchmaking lobby it says players don't have the required maps yet in custom games I have all of the maps unlocked. Also it would be awesome if there were ranked playlists/invasion? 

Also on a side note, about people whom quit matches, are their stats recorded even if they quit? Furthermore if they quit after seeing the players ranks can they get a coward medal, or not see players stats? It sounds like players have been countering opti-match games to further their stats. Sounds like cheating to me. 

I was gonna make a note about red tritium diamond night sights and the triumphant return of a Halo joint venture Halo with Bungie. However I think it first and foremost imperative to convey, PLEASE HAVE XBOX ONE PLAY PC GAMES, SPECIFICALLY HALO 2 Vista maybe with ranking playlists if its possible? Even if not possible, I've heard Xbox ones architecture is x86 so its compatible with computers. Please, repair matchmaking so the DLC map pack maps play for map pass owners, and maybe have Halo 2 Vista run on Xbox one if its possible.

Also Flashlight? Fire was I think probably the first tool, either that or the wedge. It stands to reason that even a killing machine from the future would have rechargeable projected fire, (I mean a flashlight of course).

Thanks. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got two pretty big problems with Matchmaking... First: What is the point of adding loadouts if you can't even use them? Bring back the "Infinity Slayer" and "Big Team Infinity Slayer" lobbies at least... Almost every time I join any "Team Slayer" game type the first map to be chosen is the one without "Infinity" in the game type description and it's really freaking lame. If I wanna play a more classic Halo I will. Not Halo 4. My second complaint is that custom maps are placed at the map selection screen WAY to often. I don't wanna play on a bunch of random maps...I wanna play on the maps that came with the game I purchased made by 343. And would certainly like to play on the maps I spent extra money on...You know...The DLC...

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I despise the fact that they removed Dominion.

343, do everyone a favour and either return the playlist, or unlock the Commando armour for everybody since there is no other way to get it! So annoying, its the only armour i need!

The Dominion playlist (listed now as Dominion Light because of the smaller maps and team sizes) has actually returned to Halo 4 War Games, and is available until May 26.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The melee system in halo 4 annoys me, I am a huge fan of assassinations n I find my self running at everybody trying to melee then and getting shot to death repeatedly. I would like to see an only melee playlist where u start out with no ammo and there are no weapon drops or vehicles. Also after I melee someone in halo 4 and break their shield the first thing they do is shoot me just enough to get my shield about halfway, NOT BROKEN, and they melee me n kill me even though I still have partial shield left. Thirdly the battle rifle should not b in swat it is very annoying when unskilled players can dominate a game of skilled players just because they use the battle rifle. Next is the power weapons problem. It seems as soon as the match starts everyone runs for the power weapons and then they just camp and wait for the weapon to respawn I would also like to see a playlist with no power weapons as well. Dont get me wrong I love halo 4 but I feel as if their going to far to please people of others games and are forgetting about their true fans. That's what I see wrong for now I hope 343 actually listens to their fans.

Lag in this game is also a very big issue along with host migrations

I would also like it if 343 make armor modifications stand out more like in reach, the armor or helmet a person wore stood out it all looks the same in halo 4 exept the helmets

Idk about the future of halo, I trust 343 but I could b wrong

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay so #1 im trying to get the commando shoulder

and in order to do that you have to get the commendation dominion victory or flood victory.. but i cant bc they took dominion off the matchmaking playlist -.- and now i have to try to get the flood victory commendation and i get ripped off every match. I punch the flood and they dont die. I shoot them with a shotgun and they dont die. Its really ******** me off bc its hard to win when its not even fair in the first place. Please fix this, i just want my commando shoulders..

Honestly, I despise the fact that they removed Dominion.

343, do everyone a favour and either return the playlist, or unlock the Commando armour for everybody since there is no other way to get it! So annoying, its the only armour i need!

YESSS THANK YOU!! SERIOUSLY 343, YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH BRO!

So I've purchased the war games map pass, downloaded the dlc and the game continually tells me I do not have the recommended content. I don't get to play any of the dlc maps on matchmaking but can play them on custom games. I've tried to delete and reinstall and it hasn't worked. Any ideas please?

• Like 1

So I've purchased the war games map pass, downloaded the dlc and the game continually tells me I do not have the recommended content. I don't get to play any of the dlc maps on matchmaking but can play them on custom games. I've tried to delete and reinstall and it hasn't worked. Any ideas please?

I've been having exactly the same problem! I just got home for the summer, and I finally realized that I can't play any of the maps in Matchmaking, but can in Custom Games. I've deleted, reinstalled, redownloaded, contacted Microsoft support multiple times, saved it to different HDs. It's getting quite aggravating. No one seems to know what to do. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, this keeps happening, and is maddeningly annoying. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I just want the option of what map type I'm going to be playing, not just dropped intoone randomly. But I guess 343 is done caring about halo 4 now that the master chief collectkon (and soon 5) is out. Way to look out for your fan base.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a problem with Theater mode. Every matchmaking game I play, whether online or system link, I go into theater mode afterwards to review the game and the video isn't there. The only video in the list that shows up is one I made a few days ago for a short machinima video.

What is the actual procedure for saving matchmaking games for viewing?

• 3 weeks later...

After almost a year, I still can't load an online match. Occasionally, after repeatedly restarting my game, I can get in. When this happens, I have no problems with playing for the rest of the session, but god forbid I dashboard. Whenever a match loads, I see the voting screen, then am returned to the main menu. This is so absurdly annoying, please help.