Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

- the dmr seems to sap the fun out of big team slayer, if you don't use it you get slaughtered till you do. i understand its a longer range weapon than say the br, but when people are spawining with such powerful long range weaponry and constanly sniping you with it it's just overly fustrating.

- i also find that vehicles such as the banshee and warthog just don't cut it anymore. hogs never last long thanks to stickies and gunners just get dmr'd off constantly. banshees just don't last long full stop, small arms fire rip them to pieces far too easily. reach sucked but balenced this better, and now the banshee has been nerfed offensivly it would be more appropriate to return its durability a little.

- the scorpion on exile is too far away from red teams spawn. blue get the rail hog no probs, but all it takes is blue to rush the tank with a mongoose and they either get the tank or catch a red guy just getting in it. move a few red spawns closer to the scorpion please?

- bring back 1-50 please its just a number, but it was true skill, not time played. keep what you have now, just add in a few competitive playlists with lone wolves, btb and td's.

over all you have vastly improved on wha bungie tried in reach, so thank you 343i!

• Like 3

DMR way to powerful on any map it's Also like the only way to compete with players using it is to use it your self and personally I love the BR so I would love to see a balance with those two or something also teammates can kill auto sentry very annoying when tactically trying to use it hopefully some changes can be made in other words love everything about the game just want the DMR to be less dominating and I'd be happy

• Like 1

All day I've seen "Halo 4 Servers not available at this time". Been 8 hours already and if I play I get little to no xp, can't join matchmaking parties, can only play 6 or so game modes and it tells me only 500 people are online.

Anyone else know what's happening or any idea when this will be fixed? I've seen a few other people with the same issue but my friends across town have no issues. Very frustrating...

Thanks.

• Like 1

There is a huge issue with the calibration of the kill cams. They are almost never accurate and when I am able to look at them i generally die from not even being shot. There is also a huge issue with connections online. The first few days the games were fine, but now I am not able to get into a game without lag or without being killed before the enemy is even visable when im looking in the direction of them.

• Like 3

In what way is the ranked (not social) competitive matchmaking system similar to the classic matchmaking system H2/3 on the surface level? My question is, if a team loses then can they lose XP [so de-rank]? If so what aspects of this system are visible to ALL possible players [as perceived ? Can we know what level our competitors are at and do we have standards to set by them that can attribute to how we judge those players without reasoning the paradigm: "I should have" the same level as them; therefore they are my equals?

I literally once wrote a good article as to why this feature is necessary for the matchmaking system to work as provided either counter factual condition: a system where matchmaking skill is awarded per game; a system where matchmaking skill is awarded per won-game. It's very Rousseau, and the argument follows partially when people use rank to determine skill level they do not do it as motivated by the skill level but as motivated by the rank. Halo Reach conflated the conditions in assuming that human-beings perceive skill levels [hreach] the same as visible ranks [H2/3]. Lots of for and against but I won in the end. :2guns:

As somebody who knows what they are talking about on a high level of intense play, I will not be purchasing this game until my standards for a long lasting (in years) matchmaking experience has been posited.

Edited by ArmouredGRIFFON

These are personal opinions, not Matchmaking issues.

This thread was meant to list problems with your Matchmaking experience, not what you want.

Lolz. Geeeze. You like to pick and choose ey?

I thought this thread was to post YOUR issues with matchmaking... Right? I'm confused on the call out.

For me. Those are halo 4 match making issues... You're allowed to disagree.

I've had some trouble with the regicide weekly challenge. This challenge is to get 18 regicides in a single match. i feel its impossible. A regicide (assuming the king hasn't killed anyone yet) will give you 15 points. you need 18. 18*15=270. the match ends once you reach 300 points. You can just barely get this challenge if you're lucky enough to not get any assist which add 5 points to your score. You also wont be able to kill the king if he has more than a 15 bounty on his head, so you have to sit around and wait for a new king. The most I've managed to get was 11 before the time limit ran out or someone else one.

I don't know how to do this. can anybody help me please?

• Like 2

How about reporting lag-switchers? eh eh? I was JUST playing a game of Regicide and was a fun until a new player joined. That is what it got cheap. As soon as he got the crown..he started lag-switching. I melee him three-four times on the lower level (this being on Haven), but he never died. He even had little to no shields. Though he finally did die, I did not get the kill. Then (get this) he won the game by lag-switching. Yep...completely true.

He went from new player to winner in about....3-5 minutes (or so). His second or last kill to win the game was by lag-switching. Here is what happened. I was in the lower level of Haven trying to get kills (the real and correct way) when he jumps down to my level, and I start shooting him with me Assault Rifle. Then he starts to lag-switch to where even though I am shooting him and he should have died, he lags from in front of me and to my left, to where he is at my right and almost behind me. This all started when he joined the game...seriously.

I feel that Halo 4 is turning into (sadly enough) Call of Duty to where people lag-switch and using glitches (like on the map Complex and getting out of kill range) to win the game.

If any Staff members of 343 Industries read this post, please PM me. I have video proof that a player won the game of Regicide via lag-switching.

Thank you for you time.

• Like 1

My issues with Halo 4's MM:

1. No ranked playlists.

Everything is currenty social. Bring back social and competitive playlists. The ranked playlists are what made the multiplayer in the previous games so incredibly addicting. I could care less about these "points" that don't really mean anything besides a pat on the back. Please bring the rank back and make it visible in game. Don't just put it in Way Point.

Right now all rank shows is how much you play the game, which I think is lame. What makes you want to get any better if you just keep leveling up? And if I want to see how much you play the game, I can do that, and down to the exact second if I view your profile in MM.

For me if this doesn't change, I'll loose interest in the game. This one factor is why I've always liked the MM in Halo. It's why I've lost interest in other shooters and always come back to Halo. They had a great skill system and instead of improving on it, its just gone. This was incredibly disappointing for me.

None of the games I play keep me on the edge of my seat. I really miss that feeling.

2. No BTB objective play list!

Assault was by far my favorite BTB match up and its gone. So disappointed. Bring it back! Along with one flag, 2 flag, and territories. Please! I can't believe this was missing at launch. It's was standard with 2 and 3.

Those two issues are my biggest concerns. But I have more, lol

3. Number of playable Maps

343, first I want to say, I love your new additions, but right now it doesn't feel like there are enough maps. Easy solution, well from a design stand point, bring back the classics! I'd love to see maps like:

Lockout (Blackout) - my all time favorite

Beaver Creek

Ascension

Burial Mounds

Ivory Tower

Headlong

Relic

Sanctuary

Terminal

Turf

Zanzibar (Last resort) - my all time fave BTB map

Construct

Ghost Town

Guardian - miss this one! Reminds me of Lockout

High Ground - my favorite halo 3 map!

Snow Bound

The Pit

Standoff

Rats Nest

I really enjoyed those maps. I know I wrote a bunch of them, but those are all solid maps that any halo vet and newcomer should enjoy.

Even bringing back some maps from Reach would be cool.

4. Joining mid game.

This feature is awesome, but not for ranked playlists, which are missing... see #1!

5. Customizing MM search and Lag

Where did this feature go? I miss searching for matches with good connections... latley I've had lag in almost all my games. It doesn't last the whole match (sometimes it does), but I've noticed brief instances of lag and it's detrimental to gameplay. My Nat is open! I'm plugged in to the router and I have optimal settings, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I know its the first week, but I hope this issue disappears.

I could write more, but I think that covers the gist of it. I left gameplay out.

343 I want you to know I think this game is awesome! The first level blew me away and I like a lot of the changes. Halo 4 was off my radar because of Bungie getting acquired by Activision. But now I think the Halo franchise is in good hands. Listen to the fans and support the online community as much as bungie did and you will gain/keep quite a following!

Keep up the great work guys and gals! Its nice to have Master Chief back!

Can I just give you a virtual high five? You mentioned everything I had in mind aside from the dmr, but still just YES!

• Like 1

I have to second what Manata Aruko stated early in this post. I have reported all the people I have come across who have used said wall glitch on Complex in Flood mode. Please fix the glitch; it takes the fun out of the game when people are constantly glitching out of the game. I had an idiot today hide in there as flood at the beginning of a round, leaving one person attempting to infect others. Needless to say, humans won that round.

Also, please give said people a ban and reset as well. Don't want to lose your stuff? Don't cheat.

Overall, I enjoy the job you did with MP. Thank you, and keep up the good work!

(Oh, and you CG throughout the game was done masterfully!)

My Halo 4 local game type options are not working. We will be playing local all the time with many different people on my xbox so I need to customize the loadouts for new people to choose. To make it more fair, because the guest people will start with AR and magnum as your single loadout all the time. I decide to use game loadout than personal loadout. But it doesn't work. The loadouts appear as 2 loadouts instead of 5 and they are not the same as what I customized before. I really need it to work. Killcam also never appear. Help please